Mika@Brussels - Mobistar concert - September 18th 2014

robertina

Sorry for taking so long to answer Marina, I use Screenflow Version 2.0.2 :) What happens when you try to record? Does it crash and shut down during recording? If so, when you reopen the app it should retrieve your previous recording?
Thanks Lara :)

yes, sometimes it crashes and shuts down but I can't retrieve my recording.

And the program usually doesn't record longer than 30 minutes or so at a time, and I don't notice that, until I check my recording.

Thanks Lara :)

yes, sometimes it crashes and shuts down but I can't retrieve my recording.

And the program usually doesn't record longer than 30 minutes or so at a time, and I don't notice that, until I check my recording.

Oh no how frustrating that it doesn't retrieve the recording you lost. :( Have you downloaded the latest version of Screenflow and tried it out? (If you have Mac)

http://screenflow.en.softonic.com/mac

I'm a bit too worried to upgrade though now because there seems to be a lot issues with different versions of Screenflow but maybe this latest one will work better for you than the one you had before? :)

First of all sorry for the late report! All the impressions and the lack of sleep made me “as I was microwaved”. I really couldn’t think properly anymore after this amazing day: the fact that my parents had to drive back for 30 minutes cause I forgot the gift for the wedding I was attending this weekend, illustrates my mental condition very well.

On Wednesday I decided definitively to take a day off from work to attend the signing session in Liège. I wasn’t sure if the signing session would be worth all the organizational madness, but without any planned concerts in the near future I decided to go anyway. So, on Thursday morning I took the bus from the South of the Netherlands to Liège to arrive at 10 o’clock in Liège. I promised Léna to search for her in the queue (we were in the same team with the Swatch NetHunt, but didn’t met before) and when I arrived she was just standing before me in line! She was there with some other fans and cause I don’t speak French, they all did their best to speak English to me and to translate their conversations (thank you girls for being so kind to me!). The queueing took some time (a few times it rained pretty hard and Mika was late) but I had a great time over there. At a certain point an employee of Mobistar came out with a camera and he searched for a person that speaks English. I was appointed to give a very short interview and I asked another fan to join me (my English isn’t that good at all and I’m not so keen of being in the limelight). They told me that they were filming the whole day and that the end result would be posted on the website, so I’m quite curious if it will be uploaded (from what I can see now they cut us out xD).

While queueing Léna came in contact with the man who was responsible for the organization of the signing session and the concert and she arranged a ticket for the concert. I had already resigned myself that I had no ticket and that it was impossible to get everything arranged to go to Brussels, so at that moment I was only happy for Léna.

When Mika arrived, the first group of people was left inside and we had to wait almost 30 minutes before we could enter too. We had to be on the second floor and when we came up the first people who were let in were still there: so we had to queue again. But this time we had an amazing view, cause Mika was already there! I was in the assumption that it would be a signing session with Mika behind a desk where we could walk by, but what I saw exceeded my expectations. Mika sat on a chair and every single person was asked to sit next to Mika to have a little conversation and to get their stuff signed. I really loved the fact that Mika took so much time with every single fan!

I wasn’t nervous but started to get more and more excited when I came closer. When it was my turn, Mika immediately started to talk about my pants (I wore pants with a floral print on it). He said that he loved my pants and told me that he had a Valentino suit with almost the same print on it. So I was already happy before I even sat down properly. I brought some Dutch waffles (with honey syrup) for Mika and when he noticed what it was he grabbed the package and opened it to start eating. He asked me if I wanted one too, but because I was sure I couldn’t get anything through my throat I kindly said no.

For signing I brought a little piece of paper: I told Mika that I’m moving out soon (I live at my parents house now) and that it’s my intention to frame his autograph and hang it onto the wall. Mika signed the piece of paper and made a little drawing of a house and a tree with the text ‘happy home’. Also asked him to sign my ‘Songs for sorrow book’ and he made a little drawing of a Dutch waffle inside with a thank you note. He couldn’t make me any happier! After taking a picture with Mika, I thanked him and all the staff members for this amazing experience.

On my way out I saw the man that promised Léna that she could get in at the concert. After meeting Mika I really wanted to see him perform too (that’s why I’m a fan in the first place, just love his music), so I gave it a shot and asked if it was possible to come to the concert too. He said yes! I only had to mention his name in Brussels. So after the signing session I went back home to grab some stuff and make my way to Brussels!

I arrived there quite late (I was stuck in a traffic jam) and there was a long line of people who were waiting. It made me really nervous... I wasn’t on any official list and I was afraid that there were to many people inside already. When I reached the entrance and mentioned the name, the security guy said that I had to take place on the side while he contacted the person who was in charge. The man who was in Liège recognized me immediately and placed a stamp on my arm, then I could enter. Cause I was quite late, I couldn’t get to the fans in the front row anymore. But that wasn’t a problem for me at all: I just had the chance to be there! And as you all could see on the livestream, it was an amazing performance. Mika’s voice was wonderful and I loved the small variations in the songs and the little talks between the songs... it was just a perfect day and evening to me! :wub2:

Edited by ~Wicky~

I went to signing in Liege, which was really great. I had a small chat with him :wub2: And we were allowed to take pictures with him. The woman who helped there offered to take pictures with your camera while you had your time with Mika. It was really well organized and I had a great time :wub2:

And of course the gig was awesome!

Edited by Marly

Thanks a lot to everyone for the reports! I feel a little bit involved to know how each of you lived this day :thumb_yello: I'm lucky enough to have been able to watch the live streaming but your individual stories, especially about the signing session, are a pleasure to read. Seems like a perfect day :wub2:

crazy day !!!!!!!!!!!!!

arrived very late to cork because of logistical problem of bottle (for my baby) and another , I was in the last fans of the queue for the dedication

we can say that mobistar put the package !

through the line zig zag , I was able to chat with the fans I used to meet and I was delighted to see you all again

my turn finally comes , I 'll join the upstairs room of the store where the signing takes place

it was pure bliss

a lady asked us our name, that we had to do autograph , even agreed to take our camera to capture it all

Mika was installed seated behind a table and a seat was installed right next to him as Love children who go see Father Christmas

I made him an autographed picture of my baby with his super t-shirt autographed (in paris by mika himself)

therefore we talked ... baby lol

I 'm allowed to ask him if it was possible to know the name of his nephew and for those who are wondering here is the answer

" I can not say I do not mind to say it but I think it's up to her to say and not say it so I not saying 'Here

then continues day marathon

I agree with Lena that gives me the coordinates to go to Brussels and we set off

arrival in Brussels , some fans already lined up , and Mobistar has always pushed the envelope ... photos, videos, they set the mood by asking us to shout "have a nice day" ( their slogan )

everyone was very friendly and the atmosphere was more than pleasant

once we entered was offered hats , bright bracelet and placards to write a message mika could read during the show

Once the doors open, we installed the first to rank with surprise that there was no barrier so glued to the Scene

the show you saw so no comment except that I had a great time , I laughed , sang well , although screamed and everything

it's " too " good to see him in show ...

at the end there was an after ... we managed to get there but we quickly realized that we would not see Mika there so we went to wait at the exit

Mobistar team , always so nice we were able to had a signing session again

we said goodbye , and then we said goodbye and went back again with lots of stars in their eyes and memories in the heart

as always, delighted to have reviewed " the mikafamily " and happy to have met new people

I just want to thank you, girls, who have allowed me to attend this show, no name they will recognize :thumb_yello:

mini_545310DSCF4437.jpg

sorry for my poor english

Edited by stéph2222

Steph, I so love this pic! Glad you had a nice day

Yes, so happy you were able to get in, Steph, and all the rest of you! I was so afraid that no one we knew would be there. :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: OMG - thanks a million - to you, and all the others!!! :huglove: :huglove:

I've finally both watched, and read about these events, and I'm sooo happy for you all, being there!! :wub2: The opening of the concert with my fav. song "Toy Boy" melted my hearth, and the whole gig was so special and nice, with all these new elements! :blush-anim-cl: MIKAs voice, so powerful and good, the band sounds fantastic - and the audience was great as well :fisch: The well organized signing must have been like a dream - what an experience!! Thank you so much for great reports and pics - it's all like a vitamin injection, while waiting for more, and new, MIKA stuff ...:fisch::mikadas:

Love,love

me

Thanks for your report. :blush-anim-cl:

Especially, I love your photo with Mika.:wub2: So lovely pic!!

crazy day !!!!!!!!!!!!!

arrived very late to cork because of logistical problem of bottle (for my baby) and another , I was in the last fans of the queue for the dedication

we can say that mobistar put the package !

through the line zig zag , I was able to chat with the fans I used to meet and I was delighted to see you all again

my turn finally comes , I 'll join the upstairs room of the store where the signing takes place

it was pure bliss

a lady asked us our name, that we had to do autograph , even agreed to take our camera to capture it all

Mika was installed seated behind a table and a seat was installed right next to him as Love children who go see Father Christmas

I made him an autographed picture of my baby with his super t-shirt autographed (in paris by mika himself)

therefore we talked ... baby lol

I 'm allowed to ask him if it was possible to know the name of his nephew and for those who are wondering here is the answer

" I can not say I do not mind to say it but I think it's up to her to say and not say it so I not saying 'Here

then continues day marathon

I agree with Lena that gives me the coordinates to go to Brussels and we set off

arrival in Brussels , some fans already lined up , and Mobistar has always pushed the envelope ... photos, videos, they set the mood by asking us to shout "have a nice day" ( their slogan )

everyone was very friendly and the atmosphere was more than pleasant

once we entered was offered hats , bright bracelet and placards to write a message mika could read during the show

Once the doors open, we installed the first to rank with surprise that there was no barrier so glued to the Scene

the show you saw so no comment except that I had a great time , I laughed , sang well , although screamed and everything

it's " too " good to see him in show ...

at the end there was an after ... we managed to get there but we quickly realized that we would not see Mika there so we went to wait at the exit

Mobistar team , always so nice we were able to had a signing session again

we said goodbye , and then we said goodbye and went back again with lots of stars in their eyes and memories in the heart

as always, delighted to have reviewed " the mikafamily " and happy to have met new people

I just want to thank you, girls, who have allowed me to attend this show, no name they will recognize :thumb_yello:

mini_545310DSCF4437.jpg

sorry for my poor english

Just ran across this press release - makes me wonder if they have anything else planned with Mika coming up?

Mobistar treats customers to the first in a series of exclusive concerts : Mika at Ancienne Belgique

Brussels, 19 September 2014 – Last night, 2000 Mobistar customers enjoyed an exclusive Mika concert at Ancienne Belgique in Brussels, the first in a series. Inviting customers to exclusive concerts is part of Mobistar’s recently launched ‘Have a nice day’ loyalty programme for residential customers. Mobistar wants to recognise and reward all its customers for their loyalty by regularly surprising them with lovely gifts, small treats and special events, such as the Mika concert last night at Ancienne Belgique and the Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett concert at the Brussels Grand Place on 22 September. The concerts are reserved exclusively for Mobistar customers, who can obtain their tickets by participating in a competition. Mobistar customers received 2,000 tickets to the Mika concert at Ancienne Belgique and 5,000 tickets to the Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett concert at the Grand Place.

The new ‘Have a nice day’ loyalty programme is for all Mobistar’s customers: customers who recently opted for Mobistar as well as customers who have been loyal to Mobistar for a long time already. It does not matter whether customers have a prepaid card or a subscription: everyone automatically takes part in the new loyalty programme. ‘Have a nice day’ does not require customers to collect points or stay with Mobistar for many years to be rewarded. However, the more a customer is loyal to Mobistar, more the expectations can be great.

The launch of the ‘Have a nice day’ loyalty programme was put in the spotlight by a surprise gig at Antwerp central station. View the clip now on

Mobistar (EURONEXT BRUSSELS: MOBB) is one of the main actors on the telecommunications market in Belgium and Luxembourg. The company offers its residential customers postpaid and prepaid innovative mobile telecom products and services. On the business market, Mobistar operates DSL fixed network telephony and high-speed internet, acts as an integrated communications provider and offers a portfolio of mobility and connectivity services. Mobistar is also a wholesale provider, offering access to its infrastructure and service capabilities to its wholesale partners. Mobistar, with the Orange group as major shareholder, is listed on the Brussels Stock Exchange.

Related Links:

http://www.belgamediasupport.be:80/shorturl/30742

Just ran across this press release - makes me wonder if they have anything else planned with Mika coming up?

Mobistar treats customers to the first in a series of exclusive concerts : Mika at Ancienne Belgique

Brussels, 19 September 2014 – Last night, 2000 Mobistar customers enjoyed an exclusive Mika concert at Ancienne Belgique in Brussels, the first in a series. Inviting customers to exclusive concerts is part of Mobistar’s recently launched ‘Have a nice day’ loyalty programme for residential customers. Mobistar wants to recognise and reward all its customers for their loyalty by regularly surprising them with lovely gifts, small treats and special events, such as the Mika concert last night at Ancienne Belgique and the Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett concert at the Brussels Grand Place on 22 September. The concerts are reserved exclusively for Mobistar customers, who can obtain their tickets by participating in a competition. Mobistar customers received 2,000 tickets to the Mika concert at Ancienne Belgique and 5,000 tickets to the Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett concert at the Grand Place.

The new ‘Have a nice day’ loyalty programme is for all Mobistar’s customers: customers who recently opted for Mobistar as well as customers who have been loyal to Mobistar for a long time already. It does not matter whether customers have a prepaid card or a subscription: everyone automatically takes part in the new loyalty programme. ‘Have a nice day’ does not require customers to collect points or stay with Mobistar for many years to be rewarded. However, the more a customer is loyal to Mobistar, more the expectations can be great.

The launch of the ‘Have a nice day’ loyalty programme was put in the spotlight by a surprise gig at Antwerp central station. View the clip now on

Mobistar (EURONEXT BRUSSELS: MOBB) is one of the main actors on the telecommunications market in Belgium and Luxembourg. The company offers its residential customers postpaid and prepaid innovative mobile telecom products and services. On the business market, Mobistar operates DSL fixed network telephony and high-speed internet, acts as an integrated communications provider and offers a portfolio of mobility and connectivity services. Mobistar is also a wholesale provider, offering access to its infrastructure and service capabilities to its wholesale partners. Mobistar, with the Orange group as major shareholder, is listed on the Brussels Stock Exchange.

Related Links:

http://www.belgamediasupport.be:80/shorturl/30742

The way this is phrased "the first in a series of exclusive concerts: Mika at Ancienne Belgique" looks to me as if they have a series of exclusive concerts planned, and the first artist to play at such a concert was Mika. So I think there will be more concerts for Mobistar costumers but with other artists..

Ah didn't know you were at the gig. Would have loved to see you!

That would have been nice indeed! Heard only afterwards that you were there too, unfortunately I had no time to stay afterwards. During the concert I was wondering if you were the 'I love unicorns' lady, but after seeing all the pictures and the concert registration I guess you were front row.

mini_545310DSCF4437.jpg

Ah, now I know who you are on mfc! While queueing Léna told me that you are on mfc too, but I couldn't make a link with your profile on here :blush-anim-cl:

The way this is phrased "the first in a series of exclusive concerts: Mika at Ancienne Belgique" looks to me as if they have a series of exclusive concerts planned, and the first artist to play at such a concert was Mika. So I think there will be more concerts for Mobistar costumers but with other artists..

Think you're right... Before the concert two people of Mobistar came on stage (don't know if it was livestreamed too), to tell about the organization of the concert and the idea behind the 'Have a nice day' campaign. As far as I understood thay are going to organize concerts with other artists in the future.

Oh no how frustrating that it doesn't retrieve the recording you lost. :( Have you downloaded the latest version of Screenflow and tried it out? (If you have Mac)

http://screenflow.en.softonic.com/mac

I'm a bit too worried to upgrade though now because there seems to be a lot issues with different versions of Screenflow but maybe this latest one will work better for you than the one you had before? :)

yes, I've downloaded it, but haven't tried yet. I'm a bit worried, too, hope the last version works well :aah: