Mika@Brussels - Mobistar concert - September 18th 2014

robertina

Just ran across this press release - makes me wonder if they have anything else planned with Mika coming up?

Mobistar treats customers to the first in a series of exclusive concerts : Mika at Ancienne Belgique

Brussels, 19 September 2014 – Last night, 2000 Mobistar customers enjoyed an exclusive Mika concert at Ancienne Belgique in Brussels, the first in a series. Inviting customers to exclusive concerts is part of Mobistar’s recently launched ‘Have a nice day’ loyalty programme for residential customers. Mobistar wants to recognise and reward all its customers for their loyalty by regularly surprising them with lovely gifts, small treats and special events, such as the Mika concert last night at Ancienne Belgique and the Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett concert at the Brussels Grand Place on 22 September. The concerts are reserved exclusively for Mobistar customers, who can obtain their tickets by participating in a competition. Mobistar customers received 2,000 tickets to the Mika concert at Ancienne Belgique and 5,000 tickets to the Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett concert at the Grand Place.

The new ‘Have a nice day’ loyalty programme is for all Mobistar’s customers: customers who recently opted for Mobistar as well as customers who have been loyal to Mobistar for a long time already. It does not matter whether customers have a prepaid card or a subscription: everyone automatically takes part in the new loyalty programme. ‘Have a nice day’ does not require customers to collect points or stay with Mobistar for many years to be rewarded. However, the more a customer is loyal to Mobistar, more the expectations can be great.

The launch of the ‘Have a nice day’ loyalty programme was put in the spotlight by a surprise gig at Antwerp central station. View the clip now on

Mobistar (EURONEXT BRUSSELS: MOBB) is one of the main actors on the telecommunications market in Belgium and Luxembourg. The company offers its residential customers postpaid and prepaid innovative mobile telecom products and services. On the business market, Mobistar operates DSL fixed network telephony and high-speed internet, acts as an integrated communications provider and offers a portfolio of mobility and connectivity services. Mobistar is also a wholesale provider, offering access to its infrastructure and service capabilities to its wholesale partners. Mobistar, with the Orange group as major shareholder, is listed on the Brussels Stock Exchange.

Related Links:

http://www.belgamediasupport.be:80/shorturl/30742

when I was talking with organizer, he talked about 3 events for next year but not sure it will be only with Mika

Ah, now I know who you are on mfc! While queueing Léna told me that you are on mfc too, but I couldn't make a link with your profile on here :blush-anim-cl:

I'm not very talkactive :blush-anim-cl:

Now I have one thing to ask :mf_rosetinted:

Do you think he will ever sing BBB live with the higher part on "on a toujours un truc à faire"? :tears:

I doubt it. One of the reasons I didn't like the song is that it sounds like he didn't even sing it on the track. It sounds like the notes were "hit" by shifting the pitch electronically. I've only ever listened to it on YT so maybe I'm wrong but it jumped out at me immediately. That part sounds very auto-tunish when there is no autotune in the rest of the song.

That would have been nice indeed! Heard only afterwards that you were there too, unfortunately I had no time to stay afterwards. During the concert I was wondering if you were the 'I love unicorns' lady, but after seeing all the pictures and the concert registration I guess you were front row.

Ha you are not the only one who thought it was me. There is another unicorn soulmate out there:wub2:.

A bit late, but here's a short report about last week! :aah:

When I gave up hope to win a ticket, my friend Katrien texted me that she won a ticket. "Would you like to go to the AB with me to see Mika?"

Yes of course!!! :boing: I was so happy! I met Katrien back in 2009 when we were queueing for one of our first Mika-gigs in the Ancienne Belgique. Katrien, it's so kind of you that you asked me as your +1 and I'm so happy I saw you again! :huglove:

After my work I took the train to Brussels. I was surprised that there were already so many people queueing. Katrien was talking to 2 girls(It was great meeting you Machoefeltje!). The guys from Mobistar were filming the queue. Entering went very well: they only allowed 2 people every time. We received a light bracelet + a green hat. We decided not to stand this time so we walked to the balcony where we had a great view :)

The gig was really great! Mika was very happy and talked a lot, you could see he enjoyed performing! I was really surprised about the setlist: I thought he would only play 'famous' songs, but he started with Toy Boy! He forgot the lyrics of Lola (which was very cute I thought). It was so cool that he played Boum Boum Boum as well. I enjoyed every single minute of the show and I realized how much I missed his performances!

The show was over way too soon! :aah: I didn't have the time to wait for the M&G... Thanks again Katrien!!

Hi everyone! Here's my report in the end. I've been very busy the last few days. :teehee:

So as I've told earlier, a friend of mine won tickets and asked me if I wanted to go along. Of course I said yes. :naughty:

Thursday I took half a day off from work to go to Brussels on time. I bothered my co-workers in the morning, doing nothing more then being happy because I knew I would see Mika again. :teehee:

I met my friend in Brussels after which we went to drink and eat something before going to the AB.

In the queue we met Celien and Katrien, who were standing behind us. It was really nice to meet you guys! (Same to you, Celien! :wink2:)

After being let in, there was a little problem because the lady didn't find my friends name on the list. But I'm convinced she was looking at the wrong place... :fisch: But ok, because we had an e-mail that checked out with the ID of my friend, they let us in anyway.

My friend and me decided to stand at the stage, we found a close spot at the right side.

Seeing Mika perform again was lovely. The gig was really great, as most you saw through the live stream or because you were there. I was really glad I could experience it from live at the stage. :wub2:

He talked a lot and it was clear that he enjoyed himself a lot. I didn't take a lot of pictures because I wanted to enjoy every minute of the gig. I loved that he sang Boum Boum Boum live and that he didn't only do his big hits.

Even my friend, not really knowing Mika like we do, told me that she enjoyed herself a lot, even though she didn't know most of the songs. He made a really nice, enjoyable show out of it, she told me.

After the gig I had to leave and couldn't wait for any M&G because I had to catch my last train back to Antwerp.

The day after the show, I was very tired, but it was all worth it. :naughty:

I met my friend in Brussels after which we went to drink and eat something before going to the AB.

In the queue we met Celien and Katrien, who were standing behind us. It was really nice to meet you guys! (Same to you, Celien! :wink2:)

After being let in, there was a little problem because the lady didn't find my friends name on the list. But I'm convinced she was looking at the wrong place... :fisch: But ok, because we had an e-mail that checked out with the ID of my friend, they let us in anyway. ...

the alphabet is so difficult! :fisch: lol

Hope to see you soon at a next Mika-gig! :thumb_yello:

A bit late, but here's a short report about last week! :aah:

When I gave up hope to win a ticket, my friend Katrien texted me that she won a ticket. "Would you like to go to the AB with me to see Mika?"

Yes of course!!! :boing: I was so happy! I met Katrien back in 2009 when we were queueing for one of our first Mika-gigs in the Ancienne Belgique. Katrien, it's so kind of you that you asked me as your +1 and I'm so happy I saw you again! :huglove:

After my work I took the train to Brussels. I was surprised that there were already so many people queueing. Katrien was talking to 2 girls(It was great meeting you Machoefeltje!). The guys from Mobistar were filming the queue. Entering went very well: they only allowed 2 people every time. We received a light bracelet + a green hat. We decided not to stand this time so we walked to the balcony where we had a great view :)

The gig was really great! Mika was very happy and talked a lot, you could see he enjoyed performing! I was really surprised about the setlist: I thought he would only play 'famous' songs, but he started with Toy Boy! He forgot the lyrics of Lola (which was very cute I thought). It was so cool that he played Boum Boum Boum as well. I enjoyed every single minute of the show and I realized how much I missed his performances!

The show was over way too soon! :aah: I didn't have the time to wait for the M&G... Thanks again Katrien!!

You're very welcome! It was great to see you too :huglove:

I've been asked to translate what he said in French during the gig, but I ended up by transcribing all what I got and I eventually translated only the beginning of the french part as it's 2 a.m. , but I think it's pretty simple, so Google translator will do for those who are still interested in the whole french part.

Bonsoir

Guten abend (Goede navond?)

Good evening

English?

Netherlands... netherlands's very difficult (nicht so gut?)

Français?

Ok, allez, on fait pas le gars Oh come on, let's not act like children.

Mix?

Oh just shut the **** up, I'm gonna speak english

Talking about division... we might loose Sclotland today

Ok, that's enough.

Alors, on n'est pas en tournée, moi je suis en studio en train de terminer un album et franchement je suis assez ravi d'etre là pour me souvenir un peu de mon répertoire, de ce que je fais parce que quand on est en studio on se perd.

So, I'm not touring, I'm in studio finishing my album, and honestly I'm quite happy to be here so that I can remind my repertoire, what I do, cause when you are in studio you get lost. When I'm in studio I just lose myself completely. But that's it, tonight we're gonna have fun, we're gonna do something different.

Awww that's really cute! You know? You know you could do...., if you write the lyrics on it it would be really useful, especially like BBB you can write all the lyrics down cause I always forget them. Je suis BBB, merci, c'est très gentil. I'm BBB, thanks, it's kind of you. Ok, j'ai un peu compris, on va avoir un peu une conversation, écrivez vos questions, je vais (les?) répondre. Ok, I got it, we're going to have a kind of conversation, write tour questions, I'll reply to them.

*little break for me while fangirling on Origin of Love and Relax and Underwater*

... les lumières et on crie encore plus fort, un deux, trois! Underwater!

Il est à qui? (talking about a mobile)

Allez! Je vous entend pas! (during BBB)

Ah, ça fait du bien de chanter quelque chose de nouveau, je vous assure. Et dans quelques mois il y en aura beaucoup plus. I'm just saying it's good to be able to sing something that's new and that soon I'll be able to sing a lot more. But for now I'm singing my favourite bits. My favourite bits. Not yours, mine.

Maybe (he's probably answering a written question) ... oh finally someone is writing something ****ing interesting! You like unicorns! Everybody, watch and learn. That's the kind of sheet (sh.it?) you should writing on your board. She likes unicorns. She doesn't want to get married. She doesn't... Ah, that's the Tenerife. Mika, te queremos des de Tenerife. There's a Mobistar in Tenerife? Yes or no? I see, ah ****, sorry, there goes my deal. Arabe (?) Beirut? Where? Lebanon? Mallorca? Du Maroc! Ah super! (Bosse-bauze-boze ??wtf??)-toi, t'es un peu loin. How about drinks later tonight (sorryyyyyy I'm just guessing here) We'll see

J'ai oublié les paroles, si vous connaissez les paroles, s'il vous plait, écrivez les paroles sur les panneaux parce que franchement vous fichez avec tous vos questions, j'ai oublié mes paroles!

[...] Lyrics to Lola, I'm actually not kidding. You're not helping me! I haven't sung this song live in about a year and you're not helping me, you're in the front, ****ing help! You have phones, look up at the lyrics, whoever looks up at the lyrics and gives me the fucling lyrics can spend the rest of the gig sitting on the side of the stage

*Ok, that's funny, you don't remember Lola lyrics, haha. Omg now it's getting worse, now I feel in distress like I was the one on stage. Oh, brilliant. A mobile will save us both... Thank God Rain is coming, this will relax me, everything will be fine :shocked: I might be a bit oversensitive*

Alors, premièrement je dois dire qu' il ya de nouveaux gens sur la scène ce soir... I can't breathe. I've forgotten everything tonight. I think I'm getting old. This is what happens when you fly... go into many airplanes. It's like being in a microwave for too long. Well, it might be in a microwave at all, not for too long. I think it cooks your brain. You come out more stupid every time. You get off the plane like "that was a nice flight". That's what I was saying to me, I was getting stupider. Yeah, that's when you were supposed to go "Nooo" but you were like "yeah". **** you. I'm sorry little girl. I'm not a good influence. And everytime I swear, your ears are right next into that speaker... and mother's like... it's not my fault, it's the plane, it's cooking my brain like a microwave. We have two people on the stage tonight and this is the first of all we play together. Ladies and gentlemen, they are very brave to be doing this gig tonight and without them we wouldn't have been able to do it. Please put your hands up

The Lady who won't shut up is the incredibly talented Joy! The man who hides in the back is the fierce Tim. The other man with the guitar in his hand but with hair on his head is Curtis. The man who's only been playing once before with us, who's been impeccable, we couldn't have done the gig without him is Matt. And finally on the base, the man who's never ever played before with us is Pete.

So apparently we have to leave. If I see another "one" pointed at me, I don't know what I would do. But apparently I'm only allowed to do "one" more. Seulement encore une chanson, sinon c'est.... hugh. Ah! I waisted too much ****ing time on all those songs I didn't know. From now on Lola will be called Llllleullfgqghqgqhq.

And here's some lyrics he embellished a little:

- she's the meanest bitch that has ever been

- walk out the ****ing door

- then Bily Brown did too much with another man

- ehm Lola lalalalala mmmmhh mhh mh not ****ing helping :biggrin2:

- elle me dit dance, mais moi je ne veux pas dancer, meme maintenant je déteste dancer. J'ai deux pieds gauches et deux pieds de droite et mes quattre pattes ne veulent pas dancer. Allez [???...], non moi je ne veux pas dancer, meme dans la messe à Los Angeles moi je veux pas dancer. Meme au dentiste qui me chier je veux pas dancer. Meme quand je suis un con sur la scène, non, moi je ne veux pas dancer. Elle me dit dance dance dance mais moi je sais pas dancer.

- Carolina sits on 95, with (one dollar?) gonna make you smile. Hey girl, you tease but you don't carry on is it cause you like your mother even though she's gone? Where you gonna love today? You're gonna love my way, I'm gonna make you love today, I'm gonna make you love my way and even if you need (a lot ?), you're gonna love today. I'm all you got here, are these little words

- I went walking in with my mama one day, when she warned me what people say. Live your life until love is found cause love's gonna get you down. Now take a look at that girl next door, she's a player and a down right whore. She wears sunscreen but she wants more. Oh love's gonna get you down. Troppe caramelle ti fanno male e l'amore ti deluderà.

So you're the not ****ing helping girl? Nice. A bit loo long for a nickname, but still. :biggrin2:

What did you do to deserve the honor?

But I've found a way to use it on Twitter and here :naughty:

I forgot the lyrics at the same moment than Mika. He started again and was staring at me, he was sure I'd remember them, but I didn't :aah:

We thought it would have helped if we had started again from the beginning ...He was quite sure the lyrics would have come back to our mind, the both of us were wrong :doh::doh:

Edited by LENA MACHU

Yeah, I guess all what you both got was a massive blank, which I understand completely. Like I said before, I actually felt bad for him, I was kind of feeling and experiencing his distress even from my couch.

When he lost it again I screamed "like a damned fish out of water!!!!!" :rollingpin:

But the "duh that was a nice microwaved flight" excuse was epic. :lmfao:

Edited by Elwendin

I forgot the lyrics at the same moment than Mika. He started again and was staring at me, he was sure I'd remember them, but I didn't :aah:

We thought it would have helped if we had started again from the beginning ...He was quite sure the lyrics would have come back to our mind, the both of us were wrong :doh::doh:

Poor you, no wonder you forgot the words in a moment like that! No pressure at all :teehee:

Those pics are amazing! Thank you

Welcome to that select club!

I've been asked to translate what he said in French during the gig, but I ended up by transcribing all what I got and I eventually translated only the beginning of the french part as it's 2 a.m. , but I think it's pretty simple, so Google translator will do for those who are still interested in the whole french part.

Bonsoir

Guten abend (Goede navond?)

Good evening

English?

Netherlands... netherlands's very difficult (nicht so gut?)

Français?

Ok, allez, on fait pas le gars Oh come on, let's not act like children.

Mix?

Oh just shut the **** up, I'm gonna speak english

Talking about division... we might loose Sclotland today

Ok, that's enough.

Alors, on n'est pas en tournée, moi je suis en studio en train de terminer un album et franchement je suis assez ravi d'etre là pour me souvenir un peu de mon répertoire, de ce que je fais parce que quand on est en studio on se perd.

So, I'm not touring, I'm in studio finishing my album, and honestly I'm quite happy to be here so that I can remind my repertoire, what I do, cause when you are in studio you get lost. When I'm in studio I just lose myself completely. But that's it, tonight we're gonna have fun, we're gonna do something different.

Awww that's really cute! You know? You know you could do...., if you write the lyrics on it it would be really useful, especially like BBB you can write all the lyrics down cause I always forget them. Je suis BBB, merci, c'est très gentil. I'm BBB, thanks, it's kind of you. Ok, j'ai un peu compris, on va avoir un peu une conversation, écrivez vos questions, je vais (les?) répondre. Ok, I got it, we're going to have a kind of conversation, write tour questions, I'll reply to them.

*little break for me while fangirling on Origin of Love and Relax and Underwater*

... les lumières et on crie encore plus fort, un deux, trois! Underwater!

Il est à qui? (talking about a mobile)

Allez! Je vous entend pas! (during BBB)

Ah, ça fait du bien de chanter quelque chose de nouveau, je vous assure. Et dans quelques mois il y en aura beaucoup plus. I'm just saying it's good to be able to sing something that's new and that soon I'll be able to sing a lot more. But for now I'm singing my favourite bits. My favourite bits. Not yours, mine.

Maybe (he's probably answering a written question) ... oh finally someone is writing something ****ing interesting! You like unicorns! Everybody, watch and learn. That's the kind of sheet (sh.it?) you should writing on your board. She likes unicorns. She doesn't want to get married. She doesn't... Ah, that's the Tenerife. Mika, te queremos des de Tenerife. There's a Mobistar in Tenerife? Yes or no? I see, ah ****, sorry, there goes my deal. Arabe (?) Beirut? Where? Lebanon? Mallorca? Du Maroc! Ah super! (Bosse-bauze-boze ??wtf??)-toi, t'es un peu loin. How about drinks later tonight (sorryyyyyy I'm just guessing here) We'll see

J'ai oublié les paroles, si vous connaissez les paroles, s'il vous plait, écrivez les paroles sur les panneaux parce que franchement vous fichez avec tous vos questions, j'ai oublié mes paroles!

[...] Lyrics to Lola, I'm actually not kidding. You're not helping me! I haven't sung this song live in about a year and you're not helping me, you're in the front, ****ing help! You have phones, look up at the lyrics, whoever looks up at the lyrics and gives me the fucling lyrics can spend the rest of the gig sitting on the side of the stage

*Ok, that's funny, you don't remember Lola lyrics, haha. Omg now it's getting worse, now I feel in distress like I was the one on stage. Oh, brilliant. A mobile will save us both... Thank God Rain is coming, this will relax me, everything will be fine :shocked: I might be a bit oversensitive*

Alors, premièrement je dois dire qu' il ya de nouveaux gens sur la scène ce soir... I can't breathe. I've forgotten everything tonight. I think I'm getting old. This is what happens when you fly... go into many airplanes. It's like being in a microwave for too long. Well, it might be in a microwave at all, not for too long. I think it cooks your brain. You come out more stupid every time. You get off the plane like "that was a nice flight". That's what I was saying to me, I was getting stupider. Yeah, that's when you were supposed to go "Nooo" but you were like "yeah". **** you. I'm sorry little girl. I'm not a good influence. And everytime I swear, your ears are right next into that speaker... and mother's like... it's not my fault, it's the plane, it's cooking my brain like a microwave. We have two people on the stage tonight and this is the first of all we play together. Ladies and gentlemen, they are very brave to be doing this gig tonight and without them we wouldn't have been able to do it. Please put your hands up

The Lady who won't shut up is the incredibly talented Joy! The man who hides in the back is the fierce Tim. The other man with the guitar in his hand but with hair on his head is Curtis. The man who's only been playing once before with us, who's been impeccable, we couldn't have done the gig without him is Matt. And finally on the base, the man who's never ever played before with us is Pete.

So apparently we have to leave. If I see another "one" pointed at me, I don't know what I would do. But apparently I'm only allowed to do "one" more. Seulement encore une chanson, sinon c'est.... hugh. Ah! I waisted too much ****ing time on all those songs I didn't know. From now on Lola will be called Llllleullfgqghqgqhq.

And here's some lyrics he embellished a little:

- she's the meanest bitch that has ever been

- walk out the ****ing door

- then Bily Brown did too much with another man

- ehm Lola lalalalala mmmmhh mhh mh not ****ing helping :biggrin2:

- elle me dit dance, mais moi je ne veux pas dancer, meme maintenant je déteste dancer. J'ai deux pieds gauches et deux pieds de droite et mes quattre pattes ne veulent pas dancer. Allez [???...], non moi je ne veux pas dancer, meme dans la messe à Los Angeles moi je veux pas dancer. Meme au dentiste qui me chier je veux pas dancer. Meme quand je suis un con sur la scène, non, moi je ne veux pas dancer. Elle me dit dance dance dance mais moi je sais pas dancer.

- Carolina sits on 95, with (one dollar?) gonna make you smile. Hey girl, you tease but you don't carry on is it cause you like your mother even though she's gone? Where you gonna love today? You're gonna love my way, I'm gonna make you love today, I'm gonna make you love my way and even if you need (a lot ?), you're gonna love today. I'm all you got here, are these little words

- I went walking in with my mama one day, when she warned me what people say. Live your life until love is found cause love's gonna get you down. Now take a look at that girl next door, she's a player and a down right whore. She wears sunscreen but she wants more. Oh love's gonna get you down. Troppe caramelle ti fanno male e l'amore ti deluderà.

Thank you!!!:wub2::bow::bow::bow::bow: