crazyaboutmika

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why should we need to beg Mika to make a DVD of the concert?

Wouldn't it make excellent sense, for a DVD to be made?

This is supposed to be an iconic moment in Mika's career, so wouldn't he make one, for all the fans who couldn't be there to see these unique concerts?

I just get so fed up with the fact that the fans have to always take up the slack for Mika. Whenever a single comes out, we're begging the radio stations in such-and-such-a-country, to play it, so it will be a hit.

Where are his people who should be plugging his songs to the radio stations, and arranging for a DVD of the concert to be made?

Yes, I would love a DVD, it would be awesome and there is a market for it. If Mika can't see that, or his people can't be bothered to make one, then it's a wonderful opportunity that will be lost forever, and I'm sick of the fans having to be Mika's publicity machine, while the people getting paid to do it, do absolutely nothing.

I'm not going to beg for the DVD. We shouldn't have to do that.

Wouldn't it make excellent sense, for a DVD to be made?

This is supposed to be an iconic moment in Mika's career, so wouldn't he make one, for all the fans who couldn't be there to see these unique concerts?

I just get so fed up with the fact that the fans have to always take up the slack for Mika. Whenever a single comes out, we're begging the radio stations in such-and-such-a-country, to play it, so it will be a hit.

Where are his people who should be plugging his songs to the radio stations, and arranging for a DVD of the concert to be made?

Yes, I would love a DVD, it would be awesome and there is a market for it. If Mika can't see that, or his people can't be bothered to make one, then it's a wonderful opportunity that will be lost forever, and I'm sick of the fans having to be Mika's publicity machine, while the people getting paid to do it, do absolutely nothing.

You're so right Marylin, we should work for Mika :thumb_yello:

Hopefully the DVD will be made , but I just had to ask , I couldn't help it :teehee:

You're so right Marylin, we should work for Mika :thumb_yello:

Hopefully the DVD will be made , but I just had to ask , I couldn't help it :teehee:

Well, I wouldn't be too harsh or quick to criticize -- just because they haven't said anything in advance about a video being made, that doesn't mean that they haven't looked into it. I mean, we really don't know anything about what these shows are going to be like. We may walk into the theater on that first night and see signs that a recording will be available afterward -- that's not something you ever hear about beforehand, really. :dunno:

Well, I wouldn't be too harsh or quick to criticize -- just because they haven't said anything in advance about a video being made, that doesn't mean that they haven't looked into it. I mean, we really don't know anything about what these shows are going to be like. We may walk into the theater on that first night and see signs that a recording will be available afterward -- that's not something you ever hear about beforehand, really. :dunno:

Fair enough. It would be nice to know though.

Deb, if you see cameras there, please let us know :wub2: That would be awesome :crossed:

• 3 weeks later...

So now we know from OSM official twitter that there will be no live streaming nor DVD :no:

OSM @OSMconcerts

Hello @mikasgrin To answer your question, no, the Mika concerts won't be available for live streaming. Thank you for your question.

OSM @OSMconcerts

Hi @_LoZio sorry but there won't be any DVD of the Mika concert with the OSM. Thank you! —

Well at least we tried. Thanks to everyone who posted here and got involved :huglove:

And now waiting to read wonderful detailled reports from all the sweet MFCers who are going :wub2: and wishing them a fabulous time next week :thumb_yello: We count on you for telling us everything and taking lots of pics of MFCers with and without Mika and wishing you M&G in a warm place :group_hug: Enjoy yourselves :wub2:

So now we know from OSM official twitter that there will be no live streaming nor DVD :no:

OSM @OSMconcerts

Hello @mikasgrin To answer your question, no, the Mika concerts won't be available for live streaming. Thank you for your question.

OSM @OSMconcerts

Hi @_LoZio sorry but there won't be any DVD of the Mika concert with the OSM. Thank you! —

Well at least we tried. Thanks to everyone who posted here and got involved :huglove:

And now waiting to read wonderful detailled reports from all the sweet MFCers who are going :wub2: and wishing them a fabulous time next week :thumb_yello: We count on you for telling us everything and taking lots of pics of MFCers with and without Mika and wishing you M&G in a warm place :group_hug: Enjoy yourselves :wub2:

Well, maybe there won't be livestreaming from the concerts, but we should have it from the party! I've set up the MFC youtube account to be able to do a Google hangout sort of thing, which will broadcast live so everyone can see it. There will also be an interactive chat box, so you can send messages to us that way. I've tested it with Guylaine and it seems to be working well. I'll try to do a live test over the weekend with everyone, so you can all see how it will work. In the meantime, if you haven't already, subscribe to the MFC youtube account so that you'll get a notification when we launch the event.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MikaFanClubMFC

• 2 weeks later...
Well, maybe there won't be livestreaming from the concerts, but we should have it from the party! I've set up the MFC youtube account to be able to do a Google hangout sort of thing, which will broadcast live so everyone can see it. There will also be an interactive chat box, so you can send messages to us that way. I've tested it with Guylaine and it seems to be working well. I'll try to do a live test over the weekend with everyone, so you can all see how it will work. In the meantime, if you haven't already, subscribe to the MFC youtube account so that you'll get a notification when we launch the event.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MikaFanClubMFC

I couldn't join in with phone as I was away but I'll check the recording as soon as I get home :wub2: Thanks so much for making this happen dear Deb :huglove:

It seems Mika and Universal are going to make a Montreal CD :wub2:

I have just translated this "Le Devoir" article into English:

The Mika/OSM concerts should be made into a CD says "Le Devoir"

Universal is working to make it happen.

We don't know yet how this release will be happening weither it'll be out at the same time as Mika's new album which is "almost finished" says Mika or not. We hope the CD will sound as fantastic as the concerts were and that all parties agree so that it can be released.

Mika when he was singing Toy Boy to his audience a second time as a "bonus" song at the end of the concert said to the public: I want to sing Toy Boy again I've always f***** up Toy Boy on stage because I'm too nervous, and not this one time. We hope he's satisfied with the rest of the concert because this moment of grace deserves a CD.

http://m.ledevoir.com/culture/musique/431876/mika-et-l-osm-bientot-un-disque

Edited by crazyaboutmika