MIKA to Donate Proceeds of New Single to Charity

dcdeb

Good Guys is so beautiful!!! I don't know how to describe it exactly but every time I listen to this song it gives me this wonderful heartwarming feeling. Love both its lyrics and its melody especially the "some of us in the gutter are looking up at the stars" part :wub2::wub2:

Also it's really generous and sweet of Mika to donate the profits to UNICEF!

And needless to say that yesterday's performance was excellent!!!:wub2:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get why it was put with Happy Ending, especially with the choir, sounded very intense! Can't wait to hear what the album version sounds like. I'm not from Italy so I can't download the song (right?) but I'm wondering: do you get the entire song Good Guys as download, or this live performance as a medley with Happy Ending? Or is that a stupid question :aah:

You can download the medley. And it is not live because yesterday in an interview he told that he recorded in a recording studio in the night.

Edited by allegra
i made an incredible number of mistakes, as usual

You can download the medley. And it is not live because yestaerday in an interview he told that he recorder in a recording studio in the night.

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I heard some differences between the actual live footage and the version that Mika linked to that's on Youtube.. I could hear it wasn't the same recording! This makes sense, thanks again!

Nice song and generous initiative.

Sorry i'm not able to understand the lyrics.

Anyway i know very well lyrics of Happy Ending.

I'm not sure that poor "children of Unicef" are pleased to hear a rich man who sings at them "no hope, no love, no glory, no happy ending" :blink:

And Mika should title this song "NO happy ending" to avoid misunderstanding...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!:wub2: Im a fan of the faster songs but that's good one tooo!! QUESTION: in album this song will be with happy ending or there 'll be full version?

A full version I assume?! I think the medley was simply for X Factor and Unicef.

I think it is nice that he quotes a writer who inspires him, it is showing himself through someone else´s words but still making the meaning his own.

Love the song, an interesting choice, I'm even more excited to hear this album if that is even possible.

But then my heart sinks, it's not available in the UK, only Italy as usual.

Yes, I asked about that, and for various reasons it's only available in Italy, at least for now. But at least they were able to put the medley on youtube so that international fans could hear it. And donate to UNICEF also, if they wish. :thumb_yello:

Yes, I asked about that, and for various reasons it's only available in Italy, at least for now. But at least they were able to put the medley on youtube so that international fans could hear it. And donate to UNICEF also, if they wish. :thumb_yello:

I thought it was a really nice surprise they put it on Youtube at the same moment he performed it :thumb_yello: It was so frustrating to know he is going to sing his new song and not to find a working streaming to watch it but suddenly it was there and everyone was able to hear it :wub2: (And it's a good idea to direct the traffic to his own channel/to share a good quality version from the beginning.)

I thought it was a really nice surprise they put it on Youtube at the same moment he performed it :thumb_yello: It was so frustrating to know he is going to sing his new song and not to find a working streaming to watch it but suddenly it was there and everyone was able to hear it :wub2: (And it's a good idea to direct the traffic to his own channel/to share a good quality version from the beginning.)

Well that's great news anyway. Its a shame it's not available for download in the UK, in the same way that other singles are, because I really really love this new song. It has really gladdened my heart.

yes, and it's even not blocked in germany! :biggrin2: (yet...)

Yes, it's a pity it is not released everywhere, "my" webradiostation would play it but without share they can't

let's hope the actual song (= not remix) will be released as a single everywhere at some point. :)

I like it. I agree that there is a bit of a gutter overload and a synonym would be pleasant, but I like the melody and his voice works well in this. It is, in my humble opinion, much better than the staring at the sun snippet. His voice sounds a bit dull in that one.

Okay that was it. Crawling back under my rock now.:mf_rosetinted:

I really love the Good Guys song! It's wonderful that its the new single and fantastic that its for charity. Well done Mika!

But then my heart sinks, it's not available in the UK, only Italy as usual.

I'm glad you love Good Guys Marilyn :huglove::woot_jump:

I hope the full version becomes available to all countries soon....who knows when the album will be released :aah::squirrel::excite:

Thanks for asking,Deb :huglove: