Good Guys - song and lyrics discussion

mellody

It 's too soon for me to understand the taste of the whole album, but I like what I hear. :blush-anim-cl: I like these "minimal" arrangements, his opened voice, the relaxed atmosphere, the melodies. What I've heard is the "Mika style" that I prefer.

Mika said in an interview that his new album would be more acoustic, melodic, and all the songs on piano and no electronic, so for me this is a warranty that it would be a really good album. I love what I've heard until now, I love it so much, the bit of SATS it's simply beautiful and Good Guys wonderful. I love those kind of soft songs and sound but Im sure the album will contain more lively songs. What I'm totally sure is I will love all his album with any doubt. Mika forever!! :wub2:

I'm really looking forward to listening to it, this kind of sound is so heart-warming, and thanks to it, we're able to appreciate every shade of his voice, even the lower notes that I so much love! :wub2: Just a piano, an acoustic guitar melody, his voice and I'm in heaven!

I totally love the new song! I keep putting it on replay and I'm so addicted to it already. Staring at the sun is awesome too, and I can't wait to hear the complete songs. Also the lyrics of Good guys that we have heard so far are incredible, I love the way he writes, he always makes me get the chills.

I really think the album is going to be sooooo good if it keeps this kind of sound!!

This part:

It's not the Cowboys that are missing anymore

That problem was already old in '94

Don't be offended, this might seem a little wrong

Where have all the good guys gone

His voice can be so gentle. So gentle... Very much loving these little parts we have heard, can't wait to hear whole songs :wub2::wub2::wub2:

Yes I really thought the first 22 seconds were great and actually the chorus is nice too but those gutter lines are just...:aah:

I posted this in the wrong tread so I'm reposting my 1994 lyric theory here :)

1994 is when Harry Nilsson died! His songs were in Midnight Cowboy! Mike liked Harry a lot!

I get it I love it when his lyrics take on real meaning for me...I'm may not be right with this theory but that's what I'm sticking to until someone comes up with something better or Mika explains it differently.

Great hypothesis. I really couldn't understand the mass hysteria of crying on Twitter over this song since we don't even know what it's about. Good guys? What good guys? Cowboys? Wtf is he talking about? :naughty:

I hope Mika intends to get out of the talent show gutter. There are still Harry Nilssons out there but they are not selling iphones and preoccupied by Valentino suits. It does change who you are if you allow it to consume you for long enough. Maybe not as a human being but certainly as an artist.

That soft voice of his gets me everytime...:wub2:

Indeed. Hm, why could the medley not been published worldwide now for unicef as well? I know that Mika has another status in Italy as in Germany for example but a try would be worth before christmas.... People are more open these days

Indeed. Hm, why could the medley not been published worldwide now for unicef as well? I know that Mika has another status in Italy as in Germany for example but a try would be worth before christmas.... People are more open these days

Well... In Canada, new music is usually released on Tuesday, so I have a faint hope it will be next week. After all, the XF contestants songs are available... Stay tuned is all I can say!

Hi everyone! I came across a song titled "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone" by Paula Cole. It came out in 1996. Could Mika be referencing this song? Here's a link to the lyrics:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/paulacole/wherehaveallthecowboysgone.html

I've pondered that as a possibility, but why does he reference '94 instead of '96? Other than the rhyme isn't there? We shall see, shan't we?

I love the song so far!! I really feel the old vibes I used to feel with Mika!!

Me too, I just wish UK could see it. I wish we could also see the single in the charts over here, especially since it is for charity. But it isn't released here.

But very well done to Mika and the contestants. I adore this new song. It has sentiments similar to We Are Golden and Kick Ass (We Are Young) but the song itself is much more amazing than, even, those two songs were. Popular Song also shared those sentiments, but it wasn't completely his own song. Good Guys is so awesome. It deserves to be a worldwide hit.

I just love this new song :wub2: but now I can't wait to hear the whole ! The medley with Happy Ending is beautiful ! I think I've already listen it a hundred times !

I was not really convienced by "Staring at the sun", but "Good guys" have totally convienced me ! This beautiful voice... And the instrumentation with the piano and the guitar (I'm writing the scores for piano because I want to play it immediately) is perfect.

Thanks Mika for this new song *o*

I just love this new song :wub2: but now I can't wait to hear the whole ! The medley with Happy Ending is beautiful ! I think I've already listen it a hundred times !

I was not really convienced by "Staring at the sun", but "Good guys" have totally convienced me ! This beautiful voice... And the instrumentation with the piano and the guitar (I'm writing the scores for piano because I want to play it immediately) is perfect.

Thanks Mika for this new song *o*

I've just found the chords for the piano today by ear, I'd like to see yours to see if I got them right ;)

Yes I really thought the first 22 seconds were great and actually the chorus is nice too but those gutter lines are just...:aah:

Great hypothesis. I really couldn't understand the mass hysteria of crying on Twitter over this song since we don't even know what it's about. Good guys? What good guys? Cowboys? Wtf is he talking about? :naughty:

I hope Mika intends to get out of the talent show gutter. There are still Harry Nilssons out there but they are not selling iphones and preoccupied by Valentino suits. It does change who you are if you allow it to consume you for long enough. Maybe not as a human being but certainly as an artist .

Couldn't have said it better ! As much as I love seing him on TV , all these participations in TV shows are just....so so.

The vibe of the track, at least the part I've heard so far, reminds me of choral songs like 'Heal the World' :wub2:

Yes, and all his songs about being down, but not out. Those empowering songs that Mika is good at. But what I really love the most about this song, more even than the others I mentioned above is that Good Guys has "worldwide hit (including in the UK)" written all over it.

I think it really could be the song to bring Mika out of the gutter, and back to the top of the UK pop charts.

So I hope he releases it here, on it's own perhaps, without HE, and does some publicity fot it and the album.

Yes, and all his songs about being down, but not out. Those empowering songs that Mika is good at. But what I really love the most about this song, more even than the others I mentioned above is that Good Guys has "worldwide hit (including in the UK)" written all over it.

I think it really could be the song to bring Mika out of the gutter, and back to the top of the UK pop charts.

So I hope he releases it here, on it's own perhaps, without HE, and does some publicity fot it and the album.

I totally agree with you. Let's think positive that it will happen:thumb_yello:

I totally agree with yu!

Hi there, I'm new here

I know this may be a stupid question, but I have to ask them.

Of course already love the new song. Combination of Good Guys & Happy Ending reminds me he's old style. But you already now :wink2:

The question is whether the full version of Good Guys will be released? If only together with Happy Ending?

Hi there, I'm new here

I know this may be a stupid question, but I have to ask them.

Of course already love the new song. Combination of Good Guys & Happy Ending reminds me he's old style. But you already now :wink2:

The question is whether the full version of Good Guys will be released? If only together with Happy Ending?

It is going to be in the new album :)

The vibe of the track, at least the part I've heard so far, reminds me of choral songs like 'Heal the World' :wub2:

I totally agree Marina ....the sweet sound of his voice reminds me to Michael Jackson's voice in those slow songs as Heal the world.

I'm in love with this new song and with his voice !!!!! :wub2: