MFC get-together in Montreal - February 11, 2015

guylainem123

Will you be present on February 11th for our MFC get-together?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be present on February 11th for our MFC get-together?

We'll have to be sure include him/her in our photos and videos! :wink2:

By the way, I just posted this in another thread, but I suppose it belongs here, too.

I've set up the MFC youtube account to be able to do a Google hangout sort of thing, which will broadcast the party, or at least some of it, live so everyone can see it -- as long as the restaurant's Wi-Fi holds out! :naughty: There will also be an interactive chat box, so you can send messages to us that way while watching the livestream. I've tested it with Guylaine and it seems to be working well. I'll try to do a live test over the weekend with everyone, so you can all see how it will work. In the meantime, if you haven't already, subscribe to the MFC youtube account so that you'll get a notification when we launch the event. :thumb_yello:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MikaFanClubMFC

Thanks so much Deb :huglove::flowers2:

I would have loved to watch it live, but I'm off for a week, so I'll only have my phone and 4G, no wifi nor pc. Is it going to be recorded as well , as I think you had mentioned that was a possibility , so there's a way to watch it later please?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank everyone for working so hard to make everything possible. You are amazing. :flowers2:

Yes! thank you to all the organizers and helpers! You're all beautiful people and your efforts are truly appreciated :)

I missed that :tears: as I decided to go very, very late :sad: and I didn't really follow the threads :doh:

Oh no ! Me too :( is there any way I can contribute? Can I still contribute money wise? I can give the money the first night :)

- Digital Love

Of course' date=' if you'd like to contribute it would be most appreciated. Just PM me. :thumb_yello:

Just give me a kick up the bum if I forget to pay. :wink2::mf_rosetinted:

:bonk: LOL!

Thanks so much Deb :huglove::flowers2:

I would have loved to watch it live, but I'm off for a week, so I'll only have my phone and 4G, no wifi nor pc. Is it going to be recorded as well , as I think you had mentioned that was a possibility , so there's a way to watch it later please?

Yes, Anne, this *should* record as well so that you can watch it on youtube later. :thumb_yello:

By the way, I just posted this in another thread, but I suppose it belongs here, too.

I've set up the MFC youtube account to be able to do a Google hangout sort of thing, which will broadcast the party, or at least some of it, live so everyone can see it -- as long as the restaurant's Wi-Fi holds out! :naughty: There will also be an interactive chat box, so you can send messages to us that way while watching the livestream. I've tested it with Guylaine and it seems to be working well. I'll try to do a live test over the weekend with everyone, so you can all see how it will work. In the meantime, if you haven't already, subscribe to the MFC youtube account so that you'll get a notification when we launch the event. :thumb_yello:

that's great news, thank you so much Deb!! :wub2:

Looking forward to it!!

FLOWER/GIFT UPDATE

Also, since Guylaine was updating about the party, I thought I'd pop in here and quickly update about the flowers we're sending.

You've all been very generous and so we have enough to get a large bouquet of "exotic" flowers (like birds of paradise), with enough left over to buy a VERY NICE (as in $$$) bottle of wine. These will all be delivered to Mika's dressing room before the first performance. :thumb_yello:

I'm sure we'll share photos once we have them.

Those of you who have chosen to pay me in person, please don't forget to bring your $$ with you to the 1st show, or to the party. Thanks! :original:

I'm late, sorry.... I would like to contribuate. I can pay you in person. How much exactly? It' a really sweet idea. Thanks Deb

Of course, if you'd like to contribute it would be most appreciated. Just PM me. :thumb_yello:

:bonk: LOL!

Yes, Anne, this *should* record as well so that you can watch it on youtube later. :thumb_yello:

this is great as I will have to work when you are partying :thumb_yello:

RESTAURANT UPDATE

The final preparations have been booked at the restaurant, so i thought i'd write here the information that you will need:

The name of the restaurant is : Restaurant Il Pranzetto

The address is: 1111 Rue Saint-Urbain, Montréal, QC H2Z 1Y2

This is the entrance to the restaurant:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.507525,-73.562188,3a,60y,31.19h,88.2t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sndSrvc6UATUN9DDV8yitUw!2e0

(add lots of snow to the picture please :teehee:) :blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

We have the restaurant to ourselves starting at 16h00 til we leave.

The food:

You will have a choice of:

MAIN DISH

1) Filet de Basa (white fish) with a fresh tomato, onion, capres olive oil sauce

or

2) Pasta to be determined (will most probably a vegetarian option like a romanoff tortellini)

or

3) Chicken breast with mushroom marsala sauce served with pasta

DESSERTS

We will have a choice of tiramisu, lemon cake, nutella brioche, cannolis (all home made)

and coffee

The meal will cost us between $25 to $30 per person. To this, there will be 15% taxes added on. Also, in Canada, the tip (pourboire, gratuity) is NOT included on your bill. The normal amount to give is 15% (if if helps to calculate, give about what the taxes are on your bill)

They do serve drinks, but they are not included as part of your meal.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or write your questions in this thread. Did i forget anything? :teehee:

:excite: <------- that's me :mf_rosetinted:

:blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello::thumb_yello: oh! sounds great, well organized and yummy!!!:thumb_yello:thanks Guylaine for all the infos... but i know it is not the same quote but sorry i did not know about the flowers..but if i can share the cost there perfect!:naughty: and well i am going to the 3 shows as you know i am lucky.. :naughty::thumb_yello::fisch::blush-anim-cl:tellement hâte à ces grands moments!:mikadas::naughty::thumb_yello:

RESTAURANT UPDATE

The final preparations have been booked at the restaurant, so i thought i'd write here the information that you will need:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.507525,-73.562188,3a,60y,31.19h,88.2t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sndSrvc6UATUN9DDV8yitUw!2e0

(add lots of snow to the picture please :teehee:)

The food:

MAIN DISH

1) Filet de Basa (white fish) with a fresh tomato, onion, capres olive oil sauce

or

2) Pasta to be determined (will most probably a vegetarian option like a romanoff tortellini)

or

DESSERTS

We will have a choice of tiramisu, lemon cake, nutella brioche, cannolis (all home made)

and coffee

The meal will cost us between $25 to $30 per person. To this, there will be 15% taxes added on. Also, in Canada, the tip (pourboire, gratuity) is NOT included on your bill. The normal amount to give is 15% (if if helps to calculate, give about what the taxes are on your bill)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or write your questions in this thread. Did i forget anything? :teehee:

someone said nutella?:mf_rosetinted:

RESTAURANT UPDATE

The food:

MAIN DISH

or

or

DESSERTS

and coffee

:huglove::huglove::huglove:

Hi girls !

I read there were some European MFCers who were going there (Mellody, Graciosa, Mine, , Nanou, Kath, Treasa and maybe some others...) : how Lucky you are guys :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I hope you will have a lot of fun with North America MFCers, you will have some super marvellous gigs and, of course, some nice holidays in Canada :thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

What a very very great idea ! I am afraid I will be working by that time but I'll try to get an eye on what will be going on ...

Thanks Mama Mods Deb and Guylaine :thumb_yello:

Hi girls !

I read there were some European MFCers who were going there (Mellody, Graciosa, Mine, , Nanou, Kath, Treasa and maybe some others...) : how Lucky you are guys :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I hope you will have a lot of fun with North America MFCers, you will have some super marvellous gigs and, of course, some nice holidays in Canada :thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

What a very very great idea ! I am afraid I will be working by that time but I'll try to get an eye on what will be going on ...

Thanks Mama Mods Deb and Guylaine :thumb_yello:

Merci Valérie!

Hi girls !

]

thanks! :flowers2:

That's not her bum ... this is her bum ... mooning-girl.gif

:naughty:

:lmfao: You always have the best smilies! :naughty:

I'm late, sorry.... I would like to contribuate. I can pay you in person. How much exactly? It' a really sweet idea. Thanks Deb

i did not know about the flowers..but if i can share the cost there perfect!

... Me to :wub2:

Could you all please send me a PM? Please feel free to contribute any amount, but a PM with an amount will help me with my record-keeping. :thumb_yello:

Just read about this, a bit by chance as I normally don't check this thread :teehee: Thanks so much for the initiative, I hope I can catch some of it! Anyway, I want to wish you a nice meal all together and of course enjoy the gigs! A whole fanbase will be with you in mind :thumb_yello:

Pretty much sums it all!

Some clue to make sure anyone think they're not at the right place:

It's in an asian commercial building. There is an HSBC branch on thecorner. When you enter the building, first thing you'll see is the bank on your left and a vitamin shop on your right. Go straight then turn right. You'll see an hair salon and a dentist. Then it's the restaurant.

That menu sounds yummy!

Very excited too:bsh-anim-cl:

Help! S.O.S svp:naughty::.Hihi j'ai essayé de trouver le building du restaurant aujourd'hui et j'ai échoué..Il fallait que je monte la côte de St-Urbain à partir de la Maison Symphonique et non que je la descende?? Est-ce ça?...:s.v.p. veuillez m'aider et éclairer ma lanterne lol mikadas:

:naughty:C'EST OK JE L'AI FINALEMENT TROUVÉ LE RESTO LOL!BELLES P'TITES CHAISES ORANGES! :naughty::thumb_yello::blush-anim-cl: ça va être bon! Mais j'ai même pas pu avoir aujourd'hui mon billlet du choeur acheté pour mardi car c'était pas ouvert en personne lol:naughty: mais je pense positif! Belle sortie et j'ai vu le resto! Bisous!:blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

Hi girls !

Thank you. :hug:

Tall curly guy? Tall curly guy? :blink:

No, no, that's not ringing any bells... I can't think of who you mean, Vero. Have I met him before? :boxed:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! You mean MIKA?! :doh:

It's been so long since I've seen him I nearly forgot what he looks like.

:blush-anim-cl:

:naughty:

Hehe me too... :mf_rosetinted:

i'm curly.... i'm guy.... and i'm not tall (in my dreams, i have veryyyyy long legs too) :mf_rosetinted:

maybe she means me! :dunno:

I totally meant you of course Guylaine! :naughty:

Wow! Nearly 50 of us! I hope this restaurant knows what it's let itself in for! :naughty:

I am really getting super excited for this! :excite:

They will wonder what hit them after we leave LOL!!

Beware that at the meetup, there will one Kath, one Kat and two Caths:blink:

:blink:

I CAN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

with my yes im the 50th person to register.. i feel speshul:mf_rosetinted:

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY HUGS COMING TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!:wub2:

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Final count: 63 + baby :blush-anim-cl:

OMG!!! This shall be an amazing get together me says

RESTAURANT UPDATE

The food:

MAIN DISH

or

or

DESSERTS

and coffee

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for organising this get together!!! I'm so super ecited!! And that menu sounds very yummy!!!

Pretty much sums it all!

Some clue to make sure anyone think they're not at the right place:

It's in an asian commercial building. There is an HSBC branch on thecorner. When you enter the building, first thing you'll see is the bank on your left and a vitamin shop on your right. Go straight then turn right. You'll see an hair salon and a dentist. Then it's the restaurant.

That menu sounds yummy!

Very excited too:blush-anim-cl:

Oh I know where that is!!! My mom's office used to be in that building! We can gp through the Complexe Desjardins if it's too cold outside :)

We haven't set up anything officially, but I'm sure some people are getting together for an informal drink or a meal before the show, aren't they? To be honest, I haven't seen anything, as I've been preoccupied, and I don't get in until 1 p.m. on Tuesday, anyway.

But... I'd be willing to meet up for a bit before the show for a bite to eat or something. I'm staying quite near the venue, so it would probably make sense to meet somewhere in that vicinity. Anyone want to try to organize something? Just pick a spot where we can gather and hang out for a while?

I'm bringing a friend on Tuesday night, it's gonna be her first Mika concert!! Claudine had an extra ticket and she's said to me recently when she saw Mika on TV at Star Académie and everything, that she regretted never having seen him in concert. And she loooooves the OSM and always wanted to see them live. So yeah I'm super excited to introduce her to the wonderful world of Mika gigs!! Anyways we plan on going for supper before the concert so if some of you are getting together let me know :wink2:

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for organising this get together!!! I'm so super ecited!! And that menu sounds very yummy!!!

Oh I know where that is!!! My mom's office used to be in that building! We can gp through the Complexe Desjardins if it's too cold outside :)

I'm bringing a friend on Tuesday night, it's gonna be her first Mika concert!! Claudine had an extra ticket and she's said to me recently when she saw Mika on TV at Star Académie and everything, that she regretted never having seen him in concert. And she loooooves the OSM and always wanted to see them live. So yeah I'm super excited to introduce her to the wonderful world of Mika gigs!! Anyways we plan on going for supper before the concert so if some of you are getting together let me know :wink2:

Vero... how exciting! make sure to introduce her to us :blush-anim-cl: