MIKA as Judge at "The Voice" France - 2015

Léna Machu

The advantage of waking up at 6 whatever the time you go to bed: you can write while everybody's sleeping :aah:

Battles. More impressive to say than Blind Auditions. Let's go to the Batttttlles. (ok, I'll stop now)

But only the word is better though. For the rest, same thing than on television: Battles is when we become serious (well, they at least) so we have less funny moments to laugh at. Combined with the fact that from where I was I couldn't hear anything of the 'off' conversation (when most of the fun happens) I feel very poor of anecdotes. (In fact I couln't even really hear the voices of he contestants as the orchestra was covering everything up for me).

We went through a mini hell before the show started, as the agency which is in charge of tickets and placement and all made a little video to put on their website for christmas... and it took them I don't know it felt like an hour it was soooo long.

And then another eternity of Nikos recording launchings...

And finally the coaches arrived on set... but only to record the performance of a guest whom I absolutely didn't know but is apparently from Season 2 of the voice (Anthony Touma, he was called. Still is, probably).

Mika arrived in his velvet suit that looked black but turned out to be more like very deep green(as I realised at the very last minute (about time xD) when he was walking in front of us under a very crude light as we were already up leaving).

The Anthony guy sang his song and oh Lord, it is seriously such a bad song that it becomes a good one XD. The lyrics are ridiculous and everything was so wrong... well at least his voice wasn't bad but... The funniest thing was Mika's face though, staring at him blankly and then looking the more and more “What the f**k is that?!!?”

At last things began for real and the four of them went in the middle of the ring stage to sing their opening song... except something wasn't working so they stayed in here waiting for like 5 minutes, passing the time by doing stupid things : Mika went dancing a little walz with a technician, and then Florent and him began to pretend they were in a circus presenting acts (“And Jenifer, what does she do?” “Jenifer does nothing” :aah:). They then began to imitate cicadas because why not, and to conclude this lovely schoolyard moment Mika decided to play golf with his mic as a club. Kids :mf_rosetinted:

They finally were able to sing. They sang Come Together, which could have been nice except it was a total non sense so I hope for them they're gonna do it again tomorrow :doh: (he was really invested in the “shhhoup” parts :P )

Finally they reach their seats, and 3 of them begin to focus (or to sleep I don't know). The fourth one begins to test the elasticity of his tongue :fisch:.

Battles began and I didn't really follow what was happening in the other teams (I just won't forget Mika's hallucinated face when one of Jenifer's contestant began to shake her butt in front of him) but Mika's team had 3 battles. A classic but not bad one, a very very good one, and a weird one (but not bad. But weird xD). I'll put the rest under spoiler as I'm gonna give the names of the songs.

The first one was on Stay With me. He put a girl and a boy (no point in giving you their names as you won't know them), both with quite nice voice but very.. conventional? It gave him the opportunity to declare his love to Sam Smith though, mostly because “he is so weird!”

Second one was on Mon Amie la Rose, and this one I really, really liked. He apparently decided of the arrangements hismself, and it was far closer to the

than the
. On this he put his Lebanese singer (who was wearing a very lovely dress) and a guy that I didn't even remember from the auditions but he was really good. At the end of the song I just said to my neighbor that I was gutted he had to get rid of one of them (and indeed he said himself that he just sacrificed one of those two great voices for the sake of an amazing battle). I also added that whomever he wouldn't choose if I was in one of the other seats I would choose to save the loser (quick reminder for those who don't remember/haven't followed last year: the coaches choose between two singers but the 3 other coaches have the possibility to “steal” the one not chosen. They can do that only twice though). But at first nobody seemed to move for the one he didn't choose.... so he began his great lobbying campaign and... it worked! And so both of them were saved, so I was very happy (him too obviously, he really looked relieved (after having jumped his joy out everywhere for 30 seconds of course)).

Third Battle was on U2's One, and this definitely was the weird one. He put together 2 very strange singers (not strange in a bad way. I can't really say a good way either, I just need to re-watch it with a correct sound because I couldn't even make my mind on this. I was surprised by his choice because from the few I could hear it seems like the one he chose was always late or losing words, but it might be just an impression. Although Mika did say to him that he made lots of mistakes and went really wrong at a point. But he still chose him. I guess he sees something to do with him but as I said, this one was far too strange for me to really have an opinion considering how bad the sound was (and he doesn't really care about my opinion anyway).

For the rest, out of order: he managed to spill his glass again so he had to ask for something to clean it up in the middle of the recording (while Pagny was commenting “can we have something because Mika just peed himself”)

And, as usual, invented a couple of words. First, a classic as he has done it quite a few times already but his “choreography” is always a good challenger, but the winner was – oh wait how I am gonna explain that in english – he was saying to two contestants that they had flirted together and flirted with the audience, so it was all flirting. Except that instead of flirting (drague in french) he went for a whole new word, “draguage” which is in fact logical except it doesn't exist :aah: it would be like “to flirtate” maybe? (well in fact the word dragage exists but it means dredging so I guess saying that it's not what he meant is a safe bet). Anyway it led to a funny moment when Nikos went “but in fact we should all talk like you it's easier” and they all began to talk with a lot of words invented with the same pattern (adding -age at the end of every word). I think this one is definitely funnier in french :aah:

Nothing more to say really - wel nothing else comes to my mind anyway. Does "there was probably enough chocolate on the parking to fill a little country" applies as useful comment?

16121410.jpg

:thumb_yello: Thanks for report! :huglove: Have fun tomorrow as well :wink2: Thanks also to Anne - for translation of MIKAs answers! :huglove:

Love,love

me

The advantage of waking up at 6 whatever the time you go to bed: you can write while everybody's sleeping :aah:

Battles. More impressive to say than Blind Auditions. Let's go to the Batttttlles. (ok, I'll stop now)

Thank you for your report :huglove: Great as always :thumb_yello:

VIDEO

Vidéo The Voice : Zazie débarque pour tout rafler

http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/bonus/zazie-debarque-pour-tout-rafler-8534655.html

re-uplooaded to

VK https://vk.com/video232312753_170975094

Thanks so much Melyssa :huglove: I love your reports :wub2:

Thanks for being our fabulous archivist Eriko :huglove::thumb_yello:

Entrefilet sur Mika:

L'atout style de 'The Voice"

Un type élégant avec de beaux costumes et un talent à revendre. Au sein du jury de la saison 3 de "The Voice" et de celles à venir, Mika fait figure de garantie qualité, donnant envie de caler ses samedis soirs sur le télé-crochet aux fameux fauteuils qui se retournent. Pourtant loin de nous l'idée que les trois autres coachs générateurs de conseils plus ou moins avisés aux "talents" de la Une ne sont pas légitimes. Il n'empêche: drôle, précis, honnête et jamais méchant parce que bien élevé, le Libano-Britannique Mika possède à la fois une âme de midinette, le sens des paillettes et celui du grand public. La preuve, son poulain Kendji, gagnant de l'édition 2014 était définitivement celui sur lequel il fallait miser.

Small article about MIKA

The stylish asset of "The Voice"

Such an elegant guy in beautiful suits and immensely talented. Within the jury of "The Voice" season 3 and for all others to come, Mika is here as a warranty of the quality of the show and he makes one feel like spending all Saturday night on the channel broadcasting the talent show in which the famous armchairs turn around.

Not that we mean that the three other coaches who provide the "talents" with more or less clever advice are not legitimate. However one can not deny that : funny, precise, honest and never mean because he was welll educated, the Lenbanese-British singer Mika has at the same time the soul of a starry- eyed girl, a sense of glitter, and he knows what audiences love. Best proof being that Kendji , his

protégé, winner of the 2014 edition was the one to bet on.

Programme.tv @Tele2Semaines Dec 21

Les stars de 2014 à la Une de Télé 2 Semaines

@cristinacordula @ConchitaWurst @mikasounds

> http://bit.ly/13rM8nX pic.twitter.com/9qFMpM3lTP

Do we not get any reports from last Saturday? I saw the pics of the Party it looked really nice :wink2:

I was there on Saturday. It was for me the first and only recording of the season, so my expectations where very high! ;-) Driving all the way from Toulouse, I could not be there early, and didn't attend the fans meeting, so I will let someone who was there tell you more about it. I heard there were 37 fans attending. Nice group! You probably already saw the pics. Do you heard that Mika called the restaurant to inform that he would offer the lunch to everybody? What a nice, generous and unexpected attention!!!

So I arrived pretty late, and joined the huge group of fans at the beginning of the queue. Thank you to those who kept me the place! I was so happy to meet some of you I already knew, and others I hadn't have the opportunity to meet before. How fast goes the time when you spend it talking about Mika! So we were quickly Inside the building and got a good place all grouped on the good side to see Mika. Like usual, we had to practice the applauses, and the warm-up guy made us laugh, talking about our group as "Minnie and her summer camp" (Minnie being in fact Ninie). Then the show began, with coaches singing together 2 times (forgot the name of the song!) and Florent Pagny singing alone "Les murs porteurs". We then have had 11 battles, 2 in Mika's team. The first was "Le petit bal perdu" (Bourvil), an old and pretty french song. It was sang by a girl and a boy. I like it, and the other coaches had again to admit that Mika's choice of this song for those singers was clever. Then 2 girls sang "Sirens call" (Cats on Trees). I also like it. For the rest, we had a lot of girls singing that night. Some nice voices, but I would have preferred more male voices... Only my feeling!

The show ended around 12:30, and we waited like 2 hours for him outside, but it was worth waiting! After the other coachs had left, Mika came to see us with Mel! :wub2: There were lots of people waiting, but he took his time with everybody. How adorable! You can see it here:

thanks to Angela Af who filmed everything. I took myself some pictures (1st part here). What a great night!

post-30996-142983703921_thumb.jpg

post-30996-142983703937_thumb.jpg

post-30996-14298370396_thumb.jpg

post-30996-14298370398_thumb.jpg

post-30996-142983703999_thumb.jpg

I was there on Saturday. It was for me the first and only recording of the season, so my expectations where very high! ;-) Driving all the way from Toulouse, I could not be there early, and didn't attend the fans meeting, so I will let someone who was there tell you more about it. I heard there were 37 fans attending. Nice group! You probably already saw the pics. Do you heard that Mika called the restaurant to inform that he would offer the lunch to everybody? What a nice, generous and unexpected attention!!!

So I arrived pretty late, and joined the huge group of fans at the beginning of the queue. Thank you to those who kept me the place! I was so happy to meet some of you I already knew, and others I hadn't have the opportunity to meet before. How fast goes the time when you spend it talking about Mika! So we were quickly Inside the building and got a good place all grouped on the good side to see Mika. Like usual, we had to practice the applauses, and the warm-up guy made us laugh, talking about our group as "Minnie and her summer camp" (Minnie being in fact Ninie). Then the show began, with coaches singing together 2 times (forgot the name of the song!) and Florent Pagny singing alone "Les murs porteurs". We then have had 11 battles, 2 in Mika's team. The first was "Le petit bal perdu" (Bourvil), an old and pretty french song. It was sang by a girl and a boy. I like it, and the other coaches had again to admit that Mika's choice of this song for those singers was clever. Then 2 girls sang "Sirens call" (Cats on Trees). I also like it. For the rest, we had a lot of girls singing that night. Some nice voices, but I would have preferred more male voices... Only my feeling!

The show ended around 12:30, and we waited like 2 hours for him outside, but it was worth waiting! After the other coachs had left, Mika came to see us with Mel! :wub2: There were lots of people waiting, but he took his time with everybody. How adorable! You can see it here:

thanks to Angela Af who filmed everything. I took myself some pictures (1st part here). What a great night!

Thanks ! :) Unfortunately, I can't see the pics, is there something special to do ? :blush-anim-cl:

The Voice4 videos

VIDEO

Vidéo The Voice : Il est de retour...Ça va buzzer cette saison !

ORIGINAL - http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/bonus/il-est-de-retour-ca-va-buzzer-cette-saison-8534990.html

VK https://vk.com/video232312753_170995539

la-star-de-l-emission-c-est-lui-et-il-revient-11324372tnbbn_2326.jpg?v=4

They deleted a wrong aspect ratio video (http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/bonus/il-est-de-retour-ca-va-buzzer-cette-saison-8534990.html), and then uploaded a fixed HD video. :thumb_yello:

23 décembre 2014

Il est de retour...Ça va buzzer cette saison !

http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/bonus/il-est-de-retour-ca-va-buzzer-cette-saison-8537857.html

la-star-de-l-emission-c-est-lui-et-il-revient-11324372tnbbn_1733.jpg?v=4

VK https://vk.com/video232312753_171044650

ENJOY !! :bye: