MIKA as Judge at "The Voice" France - 2015

Léna Machu

Ok, round three then. I'll separate the two recording sessions.

15/11/2014, Session 1 (13pm)

So, I have some news, but I don't really know if you'll find it good news, but anyway: I took notes xD. I couldn't see how my brain could handle a whole 13h of recording in a row otherwise. So it will still be very ramdomish as I am too lazy to try and do transitions, but there might be slightly more random stuff than usual (at least for part one, For part two I was mostly busy * cough * sleeping).

But as an introduction, I'd say recording one had a very good level of contestants. But a very sleepy bunch of coaches – all of them looked tired, but obviously our Lord and Master was leading the yawning and dozing contest by a landslide. So there was probably a bit less of enthusiastic madness and a bit more of «let's sing rubbish stuff very loudly to keep us awake» and a lot of laughing-for-no-reason-at-all.

Also, I am not the only one to have noticed a sort of schism between Zazie and Mika on one side and Florent Pagny and Jenifer on the other, and even if it was less noticeable on monday, it came back in force yesterday and it was very, very often that only Florent and Jenifer would turn and that things would end up with incomprehension between the four of them (2 of them not understanding why the two others have turned and vice-versa). You really can see, from what they are searching, what they are looking for in contestants, that you have to singers on one side (including one great voice technician) and 2 writers/composers on the other. It's just two completely different approaches on things, but it's a good complement in the context of this specific competition.

And on a very personal note, and I am sorry if someone who likes her happen to read me but… I am having a very hard time with Jenifer. The more and more. Not only I find her not interesting in her arguments (or at best just repeating what the others just said) and with a great capacity to contradict herself 2 times a minute, but also I find her very cold with her audience - it was even more visible this time as it was her birthday and there were far more Jenifer fans in the audience than usual. It is just my feeling so it is personal obviously, and also the fact that it was so long and we were so exhausted made me a bit less patient with her but… at the end I just couldn't stand her anymore.

Anyway, let's go back to the beginning: We first had a girl from season 2 and Maximilien from last year coming to sing their singles (Maximilien sang a Zazie song, funnily enough. It wasn't on purpose, he is just doing an album of covers of women's songs and Zazie's Je suis un homme is the first single). And then the coaches re-sang the opening song. Again. And twice. Again. So they have now sung it 6 times. I can't see how they could still not have enough material to assemble one correct version of it :aah: (edit: oh wait now that I think of it it was during the 2d recording session than they sung again. When I'll say it again during report two just pretend it's new :P)

And then back to the seats. Things started well with Nikos doing the show as usual and loosing his mind in Spanish for a good 5 minutes. Tried to say the coaches' names with a very parodic Spanish accent (Mika was still Mika though. But the three others were really funny). And then song titles (Rilaacchh tekitiiisiii) and then off he went (well, he also recorded some lauchings he didn't just come to talk Spanish xD).

They then (there is already too many "then" in this report) had seats and buzzers testing, and Mika was having fun turning with a severe face, looking at the audience and going «naahhh!» before pressing the buzzer to turn in a «I don't want see your faces anymore» way.

At the very last row there was a bunch of kids and their teacher from a high school not far. From his seat he spotted them and said to Zazie “oh look they're all kids! They're cute”. And kids began to shout “Zazie, we love you”... “oh well, you're less cute then!” :lol3:. During the break one of those kids sang a bit, and he couldn't help but to come back from backstage to listen to her and then have a bit of a chat with her as we were waiting for the three other coaches. (With all her schoolmates shouting “han, she is sooo lucky” xD). During 2d break he also came back earlier to go and chat with all the kids on the side - it was saturday afternoon so there were a lot of kids and he made a fair amount of them very very happy :wub2:

There was a funny moment with a contestant (a very good one by the way) when Mika, talking to her, kept doing (lovely) french mistakes and Zazie said «you see if you want someone who actually can speak you can't go with him»… she couldn't have said it at a worse moment for her as the girl just answered «Actually it is fine because I am having a hard time with french too as I am from London» Oops :biggrin2: . Pagny tried to push Mika out of the run too by saying «he won't even be there for you, he's always in Milan. Just check his social networks!». But… he still won the girl in the end. And was so proud he carried her in his arms all the way to the exit.

We also had a Lebanese singer, who, he told us, is very famous in Lebanon. And he seems quite a fan of hers as he almost looked impressed just to see her for real. Obviously he was objectively the one knowing the most what he was saying (as he clearly is the one out of those four who has the biggest culture in arabic music) but he also couldn't keep it and after they all talked he HAD to add “you can ask us questions if you want. Like were we were born for example.” And Pagny to add “but it would be stupid to have done all this journey to end up with a lebanese!”

Not that long after we had another contestant who was half-lebanese and immediately the three others just jumped on Mika “no Mika, don't!” even before he could have begun to talk. The girl kept watching Mika tho, so the others went on “now just stop looking at him that way!”.

As Zazie was trying to clean her buzzer with her fingernails, he showed her his way was “better”: he just spat on his own and wiped it with his tie :doh: (it won't beat what he did last week when wiping his sole on his hand... and then the then dirty and sticky hand on the seat...).

He had periods when he was quite agitated in his seat, he kept bouncing and dancing and sitting on his feet just to jump again 3 seconds later (I think he was fighting against sleepiness tho. Zazie wasn't helping as she began to jump and “yoga” with him. And still lots of laughing for nothing from both so I suppose it was either that or walking zombies) and of course happened what was bound to happen with him being so agitated and he ended up knocking his head quite loudly on his back seat.

He also had his little sulking moments, like for example when a contestant said he already had an idea before of who to choose in the case they all turned and Mika just lied down his armrest saying “well I won't even talk then” (and he actually didn't, I think. Not 100% sure though).

What else *check on messy notes* He told a contestant his Annie Lennox story, when at 14 he asked her for advice and she told him all he needed was the fire “and maybe this can be useful to you too”. Seemed to have decided that Andrew was a catalan name. And made Zazie laugh a lot even if we couldn't really hear why.

Some quotes from this session:

“It's not because you have nothing to say that must shut your mouth” (“C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien à dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule” is an idiom in french in fact. I don't know if it has an equivalent in english as it originally comes from an old movie title)

“Zazie wants to know the adress of your shower and he's just happy you're a man”. (it was his way of resuming what the other coaches had said during debriefing :aah:)

To Zazie “You have a laugh as worst as mine” (yes, the mistake was here in french too “tu as un rire aussi pire que moi”. And it's true she has a quite noticeable laugh and when both of them are laughing at the same time it can pretty hilarious xD)

In french dagger is “poignard” and wrist is “poignet”. Pretty close. So when he said “I felt like I just had a wrist thrusted into my body”, I am pretty sure he was aiming for the dagger :lol3:

“You have to connect your vocal cords to your body, your heart, your ass, everything!”

And this one is quite a good one to put as an ending :aah: : “I said a lot of bullsh*t but I didn't talk”

Ok, round three then. I'll separate the two recording sessions.

15/11/2014, Session 1 (13pm)

So, I have some news, but I don't really know if you'll find it good news, but anyway: I took notes xD. I couldn't see how my brain could handle a whole 13h of recording in a row otherwise. So it will still be very ramdomish as I am too lazy to try and do transitions, but there might be slightly more random stuff than usual (at least for part one, For part two I was mostly busy * cough * sleeping).

But as an introduction, I'd say recording one had a very good level of contestants. But a very sleepy bunch of coaches – all of them looked tired, but obviously our Lord and Master was leading the yawning and dozing contest by a landslide. So there was probably a bit less of enthusiastic madness and a bit more of «let's sing rubbish stuff very loudly to keep us awake» and a lot of laughing-for-no-reason-at-all.

Also, I am not the only one to have noticed a sort of schism between Zazie and Mika on one side and Florent Pagny and Jenifer on the other, and even if it was less noticeable on monday, it came back in force yesterday and it was very, very often that only Florent and Jenifer would turn and that things would end up with incomprehension between the four of them (2 of them not understanding why the two others have turned and vice-versa). You really can see, from what they are searching, what they are looking for in contestants, that you have to singers on one side (including one great voice technician) and 2 writers/composers on the other. It's just two completely different approaches on things, but it's a good complement in the context of this specific competition.

And on a very personal note, and I am sorry if someone who likes her happen to read me but… I am having a very hard time with Jenifer. The more and more. Not only I find her not interesting in her arguments (or at best just repeating what the others just said) and with a great capacity to contradict herself 2 times a minute, but also I find her very cold with her audience - it was even more visible this time as it was her birthday and there were far more Jenifer fans in the audience than usual. It is just my feeling so it is personal obviously, and also the fact that it was so long and we were so exhausted made me a bit less patient with her but… at the end I just couldn't stand her anymore.

Anyway, let's go back to the beginning: We first had a girl from season 2 and Maximilien from last year coming to sing their singles (Maximilien sang a Zazie song, funnily enough. It wasn't on purpose, he is just doing an album of covers of women's songs and Zazie's Je suis un homme is the first single). And then the coaches re-sang the opening song. Again. And twice. Again. So they have now sung it 6 times. I can't see how they could still not have enough material to assemble one correct version of it :aah: (edit: oh wait now that I think of it it was during the 2d recording session than they sung again. When I'll say it again during report two just pretend it's new :P)

And then back to the seats. Things started well with Nikos doing the show as usual and loosing his mind in Spanish for a good 5 minutes. Tried to say the coaches' names with a very parodic Spanish accent (Mika was still Mika though. But the three others were really funny). And then song titles (Rilaacchh tekitiiisiii) and then off he went (well, he also recorded some lauchings he didn't just came to talk Spanish xD).

They then (there is already too many "then" in this report) had seats and buzzers testing, and Mika was having fun turning with a severe face, looking at the audience and going «naahhh!» before pressing the buzzer to turn in a «I don't want see your faces anymore» way.

At the very last row there was a bunch of kids and their teacher from a high school not far. From his seat he spotted them and said to Zazie “oh look they're all kids! They're cute”. And kids began to shout “Zazie, we love you”... “oh well, you're less cute then!” :lol3:. During the break one of those kids sang a bit, and he couldn't help but to come back from backstage to listen to her and then have a bit of a chat with her as we were waiting for the three other coaches. (With all her schoolmates shouting “han, she is sooo lucky” xD). During 2d break he also came back earlier to go and chat with all the kids on the side - it was saturday afternoon so there were a lot of kids and he made a fair amount of them very very happy :wub2:

There was a funny moment with a contestant (a very good one by the way) when Mika, talking to her, kept doing (lovely) french mistakes and Zazie said «you see if you want someone who actually can speak you can't go with him»… she couldn't have said it at a worse moment for her as the girl just answered «Actually it is fine because I am having a hard time with french too as I am from London» Oops :biggrin2: . Pagny tried to push Mika out of the run too by saying «he won't even be there for you, he's always in Milan. Just check his social networks!». But… he still won the girl in the end. And was so proud he carried her in his arms all the way to the exit.

We also had a Lebanese singer, which, he told us, is very famous in Lebanon. And he seems quite a fan of hers as he almost looked impressed just to see her for real. Obviously he was objectively the one knowing the most what he was saying (as he clearly is the one out of those four who has the biggest culture in arabic music) but he also couldn't keep it and after they all talked he HAD to add “you can ask us questions if you want. Like were we were born for example.” And Pagny to add “but it would be stupid to have done all this journey to end up with a lebanese!”

Not that long after we had another contestant who was half-lebanese and immediately the three others just jumped on Mika “no Mika, don't!” even before he could have begun to talk. The girl kept watching Mika tho, so the others went on “now just stop looking at him that way!”.

As Zazie was trying to clean her buzzer with her fingernails, he showed her his way was “better”: he just spat on his own and wiped it with his tie :doh: (it won't beat what he did last week when wiping his sole on his hand... and then the then dirty and sticky hand on the seat...).

He had periods when he was quite agitated in his seat, he kept bouncing and dancing and sitting on his feet just to jump again 3 seconds later (I think he was fighting against sleepiness tho. Zazie wasn't helping as she began to jump and “yoga” with him. And still lots of laughing for nothing from both so I suppose it was either that or walking zombies) and of course happened what was bound to happen with him being so agitated and he ended up knocking his head quite loudly on his back seat.

He also had his little sulking moments, like for example when a contestant said he already had an idea before of who to choose in the case they all turned and Mika just lied down his armrest saying “well I won't even talk then” (and he actually didn't, I think. Not 100% sure though).

What else *check on messy notes* He told a contestant his Annie Lennox story, when at 14 he asked her for advice and she told him all he needed was the fire “and maybe this can be useful to you too”. Seemed to have decided that Andrew was a catalan name. And made Zazie laugh a lot even if we couldn't really hear why.

Some quotes from this session:

“It's not because you have nothing to say that must shut your mouth” (“C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien à dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule” is an idiom in french in fact. I don't know if it has an equivalent in english as it originally comes from an old movie title)

“Zazie wants to know the adress of your shower and he's just happy you're a man”. (it was his way of resuming what the other coaches had said during debriefing :aah:)

To Zazie “You have a laugh as worst as mine” (yes, the mistake was here in french too “tu as un rire aussi pire que moi”. And it's true she has a quite noticeable laugh and when both of them are laughing at the same time it can pretty hilarious xD)

In french dagger is “poignard” and wrist is “poignet”. Pretty close. So when he said “I felt like I just had a wrist thrusted into my body”, I am pretty sure he was aiming for the dagger :lol3:

“You have to connect your vocal cords to your body, your heart, your ass, everything!”

And this one is quite a good one to put as an ending :aah: : “I said a lot of bullsh*t but I didn't talk”

:thumb_yello: Thanks a lot for your report - it's well written, and full of details - I enjoyed reading it! :huglove: Imo, you have made a lot of

interesting observations, you're a real observer! :wink2: I'm happy to know that MIKA was good to the kids, among the audience, and made them happy! :blush-anim-cl:

Well, we all know he's great with kids, in different settings - and even has his own "Kids" song on TOOL ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

I just wanna thanks all of you that make this happens. Really. If there was no MFC, MikaFrance or others pages, i would never see Mika in Paris.

Thanks for all the people involved on it, thanks for the reception, the patience etc... thanks, for real.

And, of course, thanks Mika. For everything.

Thank you guys!

:group_hug::flowers2:

Aww, Wesley, you know how happy I am for you. Wish I could have been there, just to see your reaction! :wub2:

Thanks for your sweet report. I'll look forward to reading the next one, too!

This "night" will be in my head during a good moment !

And your report was so sweet, too! Thanks so much for sharing it! :huglove:

Thank you for your report Emeline.

and thank you so much Melyssa for being our special reporter at the Voice :huglove:

I have nothing to add, it was great, I'm exhausted but happy

And I know it's very short notice, sorry, but there are places for Tuesday if interested, but answer has to be within one hour from now on, that mean before 11 pm French time (Sunday).

:huglove:

Coucou!!!

Today and tomorrow is the blind audition's in paris. So... Mika is in Paris!!!!

Does anybody know where Mika stays? Which hotel?

I can't go to the auditions, but I waaaaant soooo much to see again Mika and take a photo and maybe... signature...

Je sais que ma question touche la vie prive de Mika, mais je veux tellement le voir:pray:

Coucou!!!

I can't go to the auditions, but I waaaaant soooo much to see again Mika and take a photo and maybe... signature...

Je sais que ma question touche la vie prive de Mika, mais je veux tellement le voir:pray:

Hi! :bye:

If you want to see Mika, I suggest you wait for him before the show or after the show.

Because we respect Mika, we will not give away information about his hotel or where he is staying... after all, that's his private time :wink2:

Please take a moment to read our forum's guidelines

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3474829&postcount=3

(en français)

Coucou!!!

Don't be a stalker. As you said, it is his private life. Invading his private time just because you want to see him, is not a legitimate reason at all. Have a little respect for the man.

thank you for your replies, gyus.

I think I was not clear and misunderstood.

I am not a stalker and I hate such people because I respect the private life.

I didn't want to disturb him just to see from farm and of corse not to go and clock on his door.

I can not go to the voice and i don't know how much time i stay in paris, so may be it is my last chance to meet him.

I agree that my question is not to post on such forums, so my appologise for that

anyway i hope i will have another moment to meet the most talanted guy

bises!!

thank you for your replies, gyus.

I think I was not clear and misunderstood.

I am not a stalker and I hate such people because I respect the private life.

I didn't want to disturb him just to see from farm and of corse not to go and clock on his door.

I can not go to the voice and i don't know how much time i stay in paris, so may be it is my last chance to meet him.

I agree that my question is not to post on such forums, so my appologise for that

anyway i hope i will have another moment to meet the most talanted guy

bises!!

If you want to see him the best way is tonight (Tuesday) after The Voice recording. He is not stopping for fans before the recordings but we were very lucky that he stopped after all 4 recordings he made so far. So he may stop tonight too :mf_rosetinted:

unfortunately there is no place left for the show itself but the recording usually finish around 1 am. I know it's late and it means taking taxi after to go back home but it's the only way that I know to see him before next month for the Battles.

Good luck :wink2:

and thank you so much Melyssa for being our special reporter at the Voice :huglove:

(Task repartition: yours is to be awesome at driving our little not-so-little summer camp gang :wub2:. And to eat candies and chocolate. Mine is to take notes when someone says something stupid. And to eat candies and chocolate).

Sorry I know I am 2 sessions late in report but I don't have enough strength now, let me sleep for 48h in a row after tonight and I'll do it :bed: (as he said yesterday: "you know you do need to sleep too at a point?" :aah: )

In the wait I'm just coming to put here my two little pics

hb10.jpg

ts10.jpg

What does the shirt say?

:blush-anim-cl: Isn't it "Working Man" written on the shirt ?

If so, it fits MIKA well - a hard working man :wub2:

Thanks Melyssa for cute pics! :huglove: Look forward to more reports from your hand, but YES - take your time for sleep, otherwise you won't be able to do it ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

:blush-anim-cl: Isn't it "Working Man" written on the shirt ?

If so, it fits MIKA well - a hard working man :wub2:

Thanks Melyssa for cute pics! :huglove: Look forward to more reports from your hand, but YES - take your time for sleep, otherwise you won't be able to do it ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Yes, that I figure... It's the sentence next to it that I can't see/figure...

Yes, that I figure... It's the sentence next to it that I can't see/figure...

:naughty: Oh well - that's to tiny that I think one need to hug MIKA, to see it! :aah: But maybe Melyssa did - so let's wait, till she's awakes, and reports...:teehee:

Love,love

me

It was real.

After almost 6 years and a failed try in São Paulo... for the 1st time in my life i would see Mika.

The 5 days before the dream-come-true-day went really fast and slow at the same time. My psychological preparation, my gift preparation, everything was special and had a way-too-good mean.

I'm really happy for you, I loved your report and while reading I was like GO Wesley GO! :toot:

Your story is cute and heartwarming :cheer:

From his seat he spotted them and said to Zazie “oh look they're all kids! They're cute”. And kids began to shout “Zazie, we love you”... “oh well, you're less cute then!”

There was a funny moment with a contestant when Mika, talking to her, kept doing (lovely) french mistakes and Zazie said «you see if you want someone who actually can speak you can't go with him» the girl just answered «Actually it is fine because I am having a hard time with french too as I am from London» Pagny tried to push Mika out of the run too by saying «he won't even be there for you, he's always in Milan. Just check his social networks!».

We also had a Lebanese singer. He had to add “you can ask us questions if you want. Like where we were born for example.” And Pagny to add “but it would be stupid to have done all this journey to end up with a lebanese!”

:floor: This is why I like the auditions so much. The battles were boring last year, but auditions always make me giggle

Hello

I 'm fortunate ! I went to two recording of The Voice !

Mika is excellent ! He is very funny, elegant and very relevant !

Mika has so much fun with ZAZIE ! They are very in collusion both.

Mika comes to tell good evening to his fans after the show. Then we can speak with him and make dedications !

I had autograph and photo with Mika !

I 'm very happy

Mika is great !!!: Thumb_yello: