MIKA in French Press - 2015

Kumazzz

2 seconds of Mika in the upcoming season promo of Accès illimité

Issuu.com

http://issuu.com/fugues/docs/fuguesfev2015

an article about the TV Accès illimité .

Entrevue avec Jean Philippe Dion

15774784904_f726ace9aa.jpg

Large 2048 (1401 x 2048) https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8639/16397248475_1cb92c2de5_k.jpg

16397248475_1a5b10da98_z.jpg

Large 2048 (1401 x 2048) https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7334/16211013649_7de0cf7cdf_k.jpg

16211013649_498df72c4b_h.jpg

Issuu.com

http://issuu.com/fugues/docs/fuguesfev2015

an article about the TV Accès illimité .

Entrevue avec Jean Philippe Dion

15774784904_f726ace9aa.jpg

Large 2048 (1401 x 2048) https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8639/16397248475_1cb92c2de5_k.jpg

16397248475_1a5b10da98_z.jpg

Large 2048 (1401 x 2048) https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7334/16211013649_7de0cf7cdf_k.jpg

Now I'm even more anxious to see that interview!

What does he say about Mika? Something interesting?

He says that he realized after googling Mika how much of a megastar he is in Europe and how papparazzi are after him to get details about his love life.

Then he says he was patient, didn't ask anything and suddenly Mika made some revelations on the subject...

To be continued!

He says that he realized after googling Mika how much of a megastar he is in Europe and how papparazzi are after him to get details about his love life.

Then he says he was patient, didn't ask anything and suddenly Mika made some revelations on the subject...

To be continued!

That's really nice of him, I mean nice of the interviewer not ask about it and let him talk about it himself. I wonder what he says! Thanks for explaining!

Don't think this man is a TV presenter with a big ego. Jean-Philippe DIon is rather low profile and discreet. Always calm, he is a good listener. His smile is a genuine as he is himself. Openly gay, he talks about about himself as easily as he makes his guests feel at ease and talk to him in his show "Accès Illimité" (Unlimited Access) that he's been hosting for four years already.

"This show is a concept I developped with Julie Snyder" he says."I was hosting Star Académie daily , back in 2012 when I was asked to create a show about culture. I wanted to do something different than short reports. Acces Illimité, is different, it is taylor made for TVA. Usually all that is shown about our artists is only the glamourous sides. But they have worked hard before their CD or their gig was ready, and this is the part I want to show. "

"Jean-Philippe loves to leave for shootings with his guests, whom he follows during three days.

"On the first day, he tells us, they talk about the usual stuff, things we knew already! But after it becomes interesting." Jean-Philippe wants to put into the lights the work famous artists do , and not himself. During next season starting on February 8th, many big stars will part of his program: Patrick Huard, David Guetta, André Sauvé, Stéphane Rousseau, José Théodore, Ricardo (in his south african wineyard, to harvest the grapes), Julie Snyder , Joël Legendre "who will be filmed with his two two baby girls"

Jean-Philippe had a great time following the singer Mika during two days in Milano. "I was able to witness how big a star this guy is in Europe". And googling the singer's name made him realize that Mika was tracked by paparazzis who wants to know how is boyfriend is. Respectful when it comes to his guest's private life, Jean-Philippe chose to be patient, which led him to get a few informations about Mika's love life.

Hidden under sweet and quiet Jean-Philippe, there is an ambitious man. "I've always had bigger, further dreams. "

From actor to TV presenter.

In his early thirties, Jean-Philippe has an impressive CV. On top of Star Académie and Accès Illimité, he also worked in Sucré Salé, Salut; Bonjour!, Le Tapis rouge du Gala Artsi and numerous TV shows including Céline Dion as guest.

However as a teenager, his dream was not to become a TV presenter, but he wanted to be actor. "During all my years in the school J.H. Leclerc in Granby, I was working in improvisation shows, I was hosting shows, I was in a casting agency...but I wasn't talented enough to become an actor , he says in a humble way. My parents paid for me to stydu acting, but they didn't think I would become one. They thought it was a pasttime and I would get over it."

After he stopped studying acting, he took lessons in communicating in the Cégep in Le Vieux Montréal . In the TV culture show Cafarnaüm made by students and aired on the channel Canal Savoir, he understands he has a gift for show hosting. But many want to work in that field and only a few are successful. Jean-Philippe knows about it very well: "After my studies, I went to lots of castings, and I sent my demos. But I never got a positive answer. They had nothing for me!" Far from giving up, he worked harder and he met someone who opened many doors for him :Julie Snyder. "Julie, for me, is like a mother..with everything that statement implies"he adds with a grin!

Jean-Philippe remembers his younger years, long before this encounter, while he was recording for VHS, the shows Le Poing J. , talk show hosted by Julie Snyder. "As the show was on too late at night, I used to record them to watch them in the daytime!I also remember that, instead of watching cartoons on TV after school, my favorite show was Claire Lamarche". It is obvious that he has always had a thing for female TV hosts! When asked who is role models are today, he says without hesitation, he likes France Beaudoin because he likes how she builds her show around her guests. "The show isn't centered on her, but totally on her guest" and Julie Snyder" a woman who changed the way TV shows are made".

The famous host of Banquier is very enthousiastic about her protégé." Jean-Philippe, for me, is a mix: as bold and energetic as Eric Salvail and as refined as Michel Drucker!"

Unlimited confidences

In October 2013, during Accès Illimité, that the singer Pierre Lapointe revealed for the first time that he was gay." Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I will try to get more gay confidences, says Jean-Philippe. But it can happen that the artist feel that and ends up trusting me." When I ask him about his own public coming out, Jean-Philippe reminds me that he did it at the begining of the first season of Accès Illimité, in the magazine 7 jours. However, he has never tried to hide that he was gay before that!"I had been waiting for that for a year to be asked:" But the question never came, even if he mentioned it before the actual interview ."That's still a taboo, he notices. People don't feel at ease with that subject. Some people are afraid to ask or even to out others. But our job as TV hosts implies asking all sort of questions , and also about that subject."

Jean-Philippe who has had the same boy friend for eleven years, remembers his smashing coming out to his parents, who found their son in bed with another guy in their home."It came as a shock for them. It even took my father to accept it. But I was tenacious as much as I'm when it comes to my work, and everything's ok today. Family matters a lot to me."

Does family matter enough for you to start your own?

"Yes, I'm thinking about adopting a kid. But I don't know when. Now is not the right time. All my energy needs to go into my carreer."

A bubbling carreer , sinc e he not only co hosts Accès Illimité and le Tapis Rouge du Gala, Jean Philippe will be back on the radio Rouge FM next summer. "And I'm working on a new TV show concept" he adds. Does he have any time left for shootings , red carpets and all sorts of launches?" "I must say I don't care at all about glamour! I'm not the most sociable person when it comes to going out. I prefer reading in the country , near water. By the way, my dream would be to spend six months in the country and six months in town. That's my little wild side!"

New ad for Accès illimité.

The only part where Mika talks, the presenter asks him if he's in love...

Merci merci! :huglove:

I'm curious to watch the interview... I just hope that it will not be only to the subject if he's in love or not and all the other gossip

New ad for Accès illimité.

The only part where Mika talks, the presenter asks him if he's in love...

Merci merci! :huglove:

I'm curious to watch the interview... I just hope that it will not be only to the subject if he's in love or not and all the other gossip

Since we already know the answer to it.

I doubt it will...

Since we already know the answer to it.

True :naughty:

Oh well you know how are journalists but i trust Philippe. He seems a nice guy :teehee:

I saw the interview to Stromae and it was cool, so now i'm confident about it :wink2:

Accès limité just confirmed on Twitter that Mika will be aired next week!

And it's only him and another guest

Nice! At what day do they broadcast?

By the way, I saw somewhere above a quote about "a worldwide tour starting at the end of spring", did Mika himself say this or is that yet another rumour without reliable source, based on his quote that there'll be loads of shows, "too many, in fact"?

Thanks!

Nice! At what day do they broadcast?

By the way, I saw somewhere above a quote about "a worldwide tour starting at the end of spring", did Mika himself say this or is that yet another rumour without reliable source, based on his quote that there'll be loads of shows, "too many, in fact"?

Thanks!

Show will air on Sunday February 8 at 9:30pm (Montreal time)