2015 - MIKA & L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal - 10 Feb - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

Now this was amazing! It was completely different from a Mika-gig. It was a concert. Like in the original, classical way, I suppose.

Mika was nervous in the beginning. But you weren't able to tell from his voice alone. He did an impressive job, his singing was flawless, he was perfect :fangurl: The orchestra was great and so was the audience.

For me it was rather tough to stay seated and not sing along. We all gave our best in that part but you still saw many people tapping, clapping, lip-synching. It was as if everyone was at the edge to start jumping and misbehave in a symphonic-orchestra-audience kind of way :naughty:

He got standing ovation for Happy Ending in which he (and Ida!) honestly did a great job. That standing ovation clearly started in the back of the venue. Happy Ending was clearly one of the songs that win alot when they're performed with a orchestra - which was to be expected. Shortly after Elle me dit he got a second standing ovation. This time it started in the front. I guess, we just couldn't sit anymore and HAD to move :lmfao:

I loved the new songs. In the beginning of 'Good Guys' when they asked where all the gay guys had gone you clearly could hear some chuckles in the audience. And he was happy about that like a little child. I guess we all didn't expect that kind of lyrics any that was exactly what he had intended. :naughty: Well done, Mika! I also remember that during 'Ordinary Man' I was so focused on him and his singing that everything else blurred away. Even on a visual basis the area around him was blurry to me. That felt fantastic and irritating at the same time :teehee:

Oh and I loved that he was talking at least a bit, even thought I didn't understand because it was French only. Before the concert he was told not to talk but he stayed the Mika who he is and that's what I really like about him.

I'm excited to witness tonight's show as well. It will be quite interesting to see if he changes because he's less nervous. And also I'm not sure I can handle the sitting all the time or if I reach the point of no return, get up and party. In case anyone else does I'm in :teehee:

Well, about a possible taping, my colleague just told me that he heard on radio that they were thinking of recording the show for a possible album. So let's see...

As for my proper report, I'm afraid I'm still under shock and can form proper thoughts.

WOW!

I'm so happy that the show turned out to be such a success! It sounds like it was truly unique and special. I felt tingly just reading about it. Have fun at the next shows, everyone. We are all lucky to be part of such a cool fandom.

The flowers were gorgeous. So sweet that Mika took the time to acknowledge them, and he seemed delighted with them!

Thanks for the reports, all,!

Well, about a possible taping, my colleague just told me that he heard on radio that they were thinking of recording the show for a possible album. So let's see...

As for my proper report, I'm afraid I'm still under shock and can form proper thoughts.

WOW!

I hope that's true! Will pray for it...

Nice God, please make it happen!

WOW!

Fingers crossed then :biggrin2:

Ok... I've been looking for the right words to describe this concert since yesterday evening but I'm still in a kind of "shocked" state so I'll Come back later if I ever find words ^^

The only thing I can say by now is that it was out of this world! I've been Dreaming of hearing Mika with a symphonic orchestra from the Very beginning of my love for him and his music and it clearly goes beyond any expectations I could have Had about it! I want to listen to this for ever!!!

i was a bit worried because, as a classical music lover and being myself part of an orchestra, I knew this kind of performance is reaaaally difficult and that Mika Had no Space for any possible mistake because one can hear everything in such a venue and in such conditions. Not only everything was perfect but the émotions that every song provided was unbeleivable!!! I Feel like I've rediscovered every single song as if I was listening to them for The Very first Time and this is an amazing feeling, really.

I was also a bit frustrated not being allowed to stand up and dance as wé usually do at gigs, especially on love today. Anyway it was absolutely worth it to be a bit frustrated but get to focus on listening to this perfect performance instead.

:pray::pray:

:crossed::crossed:

WOW!

havent had time to read everyone.. sorry if im repeating stuff:blush-anim-cl:

heres my short report..

SQWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

thats it:mf_rosetinted:

ok, not really :P

I was third row so close, i could literally see him sweat :teehee: he was very nervous at the beggining, it didnt showon his voice but in between the songs.. he kept wiping his face and trying to breathe normally :teehee: he was super cute really!!

I realllllllly loved Good Guys Gone.. seriously, this song just sticks with you..

I think that Lets party will be a dance track.. sounded good.. the other new song i dont recall much sorry.. i was in a mika haze:naughty:

He was very touched by the 3 ovations he got after songs.. happy ending, Elle me dit and bbb(i think or was it GK)

after happy ending he looked very touched by the audience response.. he couldnt speak.. he was just like.. awww :wub2:

He was more at easein the second part of the show.. you could see the ice was broken and he felt better :P

He made a few silly faces a few times hahaha

Random anecdotes:

-before make you happy he looked at the chef and went like what song? The guy was "make you happy" him:.. make you happy.. wait? make you happy?? *looks at his sheets* oh yeah... and his face was like "wow, im lost" hahaa

-he asked a girl to come on stage at the wrong moment.. and went`.."no.. not now.. wait.. erm... i dont ask her to come on stage now" hahaha he later asked again it was for good guys..

-he forgot his words on elle me dit.. his face was pure terror!!! ida looked at him like: what do we do now.. and he just went with it like.. ok ok its ok.. LOL!! he managed to make it look effortless!! To his credit, im always lost in the lyrics too there!

-he said he wrote songs for is new album.. a random guy yelled WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO mika stopped and said:"dont be too excited.. maybe its sh*t"... :lmfao:!!!!!!!!!

he got alot of laughs cause he made cute faces and stuff and undid a bit his tie cause he was hot LOL!

It was my first time seeing Ida in a show.. wow shes good.. seriously... and she was all smiles at me and very cute!

Thats it!! Basically it was very good... like.. the songs sounded soooo different... and i loved it... focusing his energy on his voice made it more powerful and full of emotions.. it was amazing :wub2:

ps.... i think he just grows taller everytime... :mf_rosetinted:

• Like 1

Wow. Thank you all for your reports, you managed to convey the magic and the perfection of this show to us who couldn't be there. I'm happy for him to have the chance of playing in such a venue, with such a massive array of musicians and beautiful arrangements. He deserves it and some of his songs seem to be meant for it. I figured he would be very nervous but I'm glad it went so well eventually. It must have been a really emotional experience for him and for you too. Enjoy the next shows as well, ladies, and have a great time together. My thought is often with you these days :)

Edited by Log lady

I had an amazing night. I was in row BB - 9, 11, 13, and 15. I was there with my parents and friend Hannah. (I've actually gotten my parents to enjoy Meek's music quite alot now :naughty:)

So this makes my 3rd concert now and it was definitely my favorite with being just a few feet away from Mika. Not to mention my seat was a bit to the left making me directly in front of him :blush-anim-cl: Also I actually got to meet and MFCer this time, Sabrinac was sitting directly behind me. :teehee:

And I've given up on finding Alie :mf_rosetinted::lmfao:

I really enjoyed hearing Karen, Good Guys, and Last Party :wub2:

I was a bad MFCer and took some photos (I couldn't help it!) :sweatdrop:

Here they are :teehee:

picture.php?albumid=1180&pictureid=11735

picture.php?albumid=1180&pictureid=11734

picture.php?albumid=1180&pictureid=11733

picture.php?albumid=1180&pictureid=11732

picture.php?albumid=1180&pictureid=11736

Edited by rachie b

Soon ill post pictures of yesterday.... And ummm :fisch: I know It was forbidden to record but it was too cruel ... Im such a bad girl :( ... I record the last 45 min of the show but it is just the sound because I kept my camera in my pocket... But I started to film at the last song) maybe I could post the record here... i know im not supposed to but it is so sad for everyone around the world who cant hear it :/

You're not alone, I recorded it a bit too. *hangs head in shame* It was very beautiful. I recorded Elle Mit Dit, and Make You Happy. :sweatdrop:

I had an amazing night. I was in row BB - 9, 11, 13, and 15. I was there with my parents and friend Hannah. (I've actually gotten my parents to enjoy Meek's music quite alot now :naughty:)

So this makes my 3rd concert now and it was definitely my favorite with being just a few feet away from Mika. Not to mention my seat was a bit to the left making me directly in front of him :blush-anim-cl: Also I actually got to meet and MFCer this time, Sabrinac was sitting directly behind me. :teehee:

And I've given up on finding Alie :mf_rosetinted::lmfao:

I really enjoyed hearing Karen, Good Guys, and Last Party :wub2:

I was a bad MFCer and took some photos (I couldn't help it!) :sweatdrop:

Here they are :teehee:

picture.php?albumid=1180&pictureid=11735

picture.php?albumid=1180&pictureid=11734

picture.php?albumid=1180&pictureid=11733

picture.php?albumid=1180&pictureid=11732

picture.php?albumid=1180&pictureid=11736

:huglove::huglove::huglove:

Here's what I wrote up last night... I'm back at school now and I'm still in shock adjusting back to my life as a student, instead of getting to run around in Montreal all day, instead see amazing performances like this at night...

---

A symphony orchestra playing Mika songs on it's own would be incredible. Like, that would be spectacular. And of course, every Mika show I've ever been to has been incredible. Putting the two of them together was actually breathtaking. Literally: I caught myself taking deep breaths between songs to make up for breathlessness during the songs.

This setting amplified the emotions in the songs, making these songs we already love so much more powerful by surrounding us with their message, as told by hundreds of instruments. This was amazing throughout, and nothing short of overpowering at times. Happy Ending overwhelmed me, where I couldn't help but start crying when a room full of talented musicians poured all the emotion of that song into their instruments, producing a wave of tragic sound lifting us up into it and enveloping us. I kept crying during Origin of Love, where the beautiful and overpowering sound of that lovely song kept washing over me. We play these songs over and over through earbuds and through cheap speakers. They are brilliant every time. Hearing them given their due, being ravished by a symphony orchestra, was something else. It just seemed right that Mika be given the chance to sing them in front of a full orchestra playing these songs with all their hearts.

There were two standing ovations *during the show* (completely deserved, I might add) - after Happy Ending and Elle Me Dit. They were both so overpowering in almost opposite ways: one tragic, one joyful, that, overcome, the audience couldn't help but jump to their feet. The first act was like wow, but the second act was like WOW. The arrangements suited the songs so well, and the songs suited the occasion, and Mika's voice suited everything. It was unbelievable.

I am so glad to have gotten the chance to hear the new songs for the first time. There have been occasions like this in the past, but I have never been present for them, and I gasped when I heard that he would be singing a new song for the first time ever. These are songs that we'll all grow to love, that we'll know by heart and belt out at the next show, and hearing them for the first time of anyone was really special. Of course, they were great, and I can't wait to hear the studio versions!

Really, Kira and I weren't even supposed to be here, but somehow we were lucky enough to get to come, and it was a million times worth it. At the end of the show, Mika was given a bouquet of flowers. He pulled one out: a pink daisy, the kind I always go for when I'm getting a bouquet. It's my favorite color and it smells great. He tossed it into the crowd: it flew towards me, and I grabbed it. It was a serendipitous end to a serendipitous night: what are the odds that I would catch that flower, and that it would be my favorite kind? What are the odds that we would win tickets to a Mika show, and that it would be such an incredible one? I don't know about either, but it was such an incredibly lovely night, that I'm ignoring my questions and just feeling lucky.

---

It was so great to see friends old and new at the show, and I hope everyone who's staying for the next one or two shows has an amazing time!!

:wub2::wub2:

Edited by 77red

Random anecdotes:

-before make you happy he looked at the chef and went like what song? The guy was "make you happy" him:.. make you happy.. wait? make you happy?? *looks at his sheets* oh yeah... and his face was like "wow, im lost" hahaa

-he asked a girl to come on stage at the wrong moment.. and went`.."no.. not now.. wait.. erm... i dont ask her to come on stage now" hahaha he later asked again it was for good guys..

-he forgot his words on elle me dit.. his face was pure terror!!! ida looked at him like: what do we do now.. and he just went with it like.. ok ok its ok.. LOL!! he managed to make it look effortless!! To his credit, im always lost in the lyrics too there!

-he said he wrote songs for is new album.. a random guy yelled WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO mika stopped and said:"dont be too excited.. maybe its sh*t"... :lmfao:!!!!!!!!!

he got alot of laughs cause he made cute faces and stuff and undid a bit his tie cause he was hot LOL!

Thank you Roxane for the funny moments, usually these moments are priceless :thumb_yello:

Really, Kira and I weren't even supposed to be here, but somehow we were lucky enough to get to come, and it was a million times worth it. At the end of the show, Mika was given a bouquet of flowers. He pulled one out: a pink daisy, the kind I always go for when I'm getting a bouquet. It's my favorite color and it smells great. He tossed it into the crowd: it flew towards me, and I grabbed it. It was a serendipitous end to a serendipitous night: what are the odds that I would catch that flower, and that it would be my favorite kind? What are the odds that we would win tickets to a Mika show, and that it would be such an incredible one? I don't know about either, but it was such an incredibly lovely night, that I'm ignoring my questions and just feeling lucky.

---

It was so great to see friends old and new at the show, and I hope everyone who's staying for the next one or two shows has an amazing time!!

:wub2::wub2:

WOW, you're really lucky!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I'm really happy for you! :huglove:.

Try to find a way to preserve that pink daisy!

Review and photos ( in English )

confrontmagazine.com

MIKA & L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montreal at the Montreal Symphony House

http://www.confrontmagazine.com/2015/02/mika-lorchestre-symphonique-de-montreal-at-the-montreal-symphony-house/

Original (5312 x 2988) https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7292/16502728641_836c6bd179_o.jpg

16502728641_c8412ae7e4_b.jpg

Original (2988 x 4236) https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7348/16502712291_9fd36c8e09_o.jpg

16502712291_b322d032b7_b.jpg

Original (2988 x 5312) https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8596/16478450726_90b6a73963_o.jpg

16478450726_503bc96b43_b.jpg

• Like 1