2015 - MIKA & L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal - 10 Feb - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

This makes me all nostalgic! It has been a while since we've had so many reports and it truly sounds magical. It only makes me more excited for what is coming:wub2:.

Enjoy the upcoming gigs!

I felt nostalgic too!

Actually, I also felt a little bit jealous that I couldn't go, but money and babysitters might be a little hard to come by...

My report is late cuz I had two CRAZY days !!! Crazy is a positive and negative word: so much travel, almost no sleep, but so much fun ! So here's the report for the first night. Well, i'll start by the start : the morning. I'm a lil canadian student so I had to go to school on the morning, even if I'm seeing MIKA on the evening... Getting up a 7 o'clock when I couldn't sleep a lot cuz of the excitment. :aah: That was hard... Went to school and we ended around 3 PM (yes my schedule is wierd). My friend and I waited for my mom as she was coming with us to the gig.

We arrived to Montreal earlier than we expected, around 4h15 so we had a lot of time to find the restaurant where we was supposed to eat with a few other MFCers. I didn't really know when everybody was coming so we took a seat at 5h15 but no one was there. :aah: I was shaking and looking at the clock every min. I drove my mom and my friend crazy. :aah: But it was my first MFC meetup, I was nervous and all as my english is not very awesome and I didnt know what to expect. When everybody came I was seated and my friend and my mom was in the way so I couldn't get up and say hi to everybody. I said hi to everybody but I still have the feeling it was not the best way to meet everyone. :doh: I was seated with very nice people, I was happy to finally meet Dee, MK, Kez, Sandy, Kira and a lot of other people I can't name everybody, at that dinner ! Thank you girls for being nice and patient with me as I couldnt understand everything proprely and I had a few trouble with my horrible accent. Then we headed up to the gig and the real excitement started !!!

The venue is beautiful. :shocked: It's big and impressive. I'm a violinist myself so it was cool to see them practice, they are so good. Then they took place and the light went a lil bit down, but just a bit and that surprised me at first but then I realised I was stupid as I know that cuz I'm a musician : they needed to see their music sheets ! The real show began and everything was just perfect. I used the analogy to explain that to people who asked me : it was like I was hit by train. His voice, the orchestra, the songs, the vocals. You need to be there to understand. I couldn't sing a lot as I'm a lil bit sick : a cold that make me cough all the time. During Any Other World I started to cough but I didn't want to disturb everybody but I was dying in my chair, missing air. If I would have cough normaly it would have stopped but as I didn't want to interrupt Mika I cough silently but that didn't work at all. After struggling and coughing silently, I realised I couldn't stop that hell without help, I took a chewing gum my mom gave me and I started to breathe again. Every song is just a perfect treasure. I hope we'll get a proper recording of one of the gig, really. I could say 2942713 words to describe every song but nothing I could say could really explain the feeling. The new songs sound great, I can't wait to hear the whole album.

We waited a bit outside the venue but he was not coming out so we got back home as we had to travel 1 hour, it was 11h PM and I had to get up at 6 the next morning.

To be continued on the other thread ! :mikadas:

I will be brief since I'm late to the party and everyone has already expressed beautifully how amazing this experience was. I am just in awe of Mika and all the emotions he was able to express through his performance. I'm especially grateful to have had the privilege to hear my two favorite Mika songs live for the first time: Any Other World and Heroes :swoon: I never thought I would hear these songs live, ever... So that was the nicest surprise for me. When I met Mika two years ago at his last Montreal gig I actually gave him a card which finished with a non-serious special request for him to sing Heroes at the next Montreal gig ... So... I'm taking all the credit :mf_rosetinted: Hehe I only had the chance to assist this one show so I'm hoping for a recording to relive the experience over and over again :pray:

(Hi guys, in case you didn't see my post of the other thread)

Good news! I asked one of the musicians and he said they recorded the show and should make a cd!! :woot_jump:

zobbcm.jpg

:shocked::wub2::cheer::cheer::tears::stretcher::yikes::groupwave::woot_jump: that's how i feel right now after reading this!

(Hi guys, in case you didn't see my post of the other thread)

Good news! I asked one of the musicians and he said they recorded the show and should make a cd!! :woot_jump:

zobbcm.jpg

I am soooooo excited thanks for posting!!:clap::pbjt::partytime2::woot_jump:

so, back home i finally managed to listen to the recordings i made with my phone, and except for some rustling of the paper on which i wrote the setlist they're good enough so i think i can share them with everyone. :wink2: it's video files, but it's just the audio, had the phone in my bag.

talk & the last party: https://www.sendspace.com/file/0w6msd

karen & overrated: https://www.sendspace.com/file/tqlgou

ordinary man: https://www.sendspace.com/file/icdyou

good guys: https://www.sendspace.com/file/1fbi12

maybe at some point i'll have time to upload them to yt as well. :aah:

so, back home i finally managed to listen to the recordings i made with my phone, and except for some rustling of the paper on which i wrote the setlist they're good enough so i think i can share them with everyone. :wink2: it's video files, but it's just the audio, had the phone in my bag.

talk & the last party: https://www.sendspace.com/file/0w6msd

karen & overrated: https://www.sendspace.com/file/tqlgou

ordinary man: https://www.sendspace.com/file/icdyou

good guys: https://www.sendspace.com/file/1fbi12

maybe at some point i'll have time to upload them to yt as well. :aah:

Thank you so much for making these records, so special! :huglove:

Btw. Your son looks so cute in the onesie that Mika signed, what a great idea of you!

I had an amazing night. I was in row BB - 9, 11, 13, and 15. I was there with my parents and friend Hannah. (I've actually gotten my parents to enjoy Meek's music quite alot now :naughty:)

So this makes my 3rd concert now and it was definitely my favorite with being just a few feet away from Mika. Not to mention my seat was a bit to the left making me directly in front of him :blush-anim-cl: Also I actually got to meet and MFCer this time, Sabrinac was sitting directly behind me. :teehee:

And I've given up on finding Alie :mf_rosetinted::lmfao:

I really enjoyed hearing Karen, Good Guys, and Last Party :wub2:

I was a bad MFCer and took some photos (I couldn't help it!) :sweatdrop:

:lmao: Heey you told me you were going to see me at my seat. :aah: You knew which one was mine. I completely forgot to look for you, Mika was all over my head : I remembered when I was going back home. :doh:

:lmao: Heey you told me you were going to see me at my seat. :aah: You knew which one was mine. I completely forgot to look for you, Mika was all over my head : I remembered when I was going back home. :doh:

I knew you were at the end of my row, but I forgot what one :aah:, and I didn't want to go down there and be like, "So which one of you is Alie." :mf_rosetinted::lmao:

I'm sure someday I'll gather the confidence :naughty:

Anyway :pinkbow: Did you happen to sneak any pics :naughty:

what do we get when we cross a Symphony orchestra and Mika?

Magic :swoon::wub2:

We weren't allowed to take pictures or record during the show.

We heard three new songs

Good Guys (all of it)

The last party

Ordinary man

I think the most acclaimed song was Happy Ending... it was just perfect :wub2:

Mika's voice was outstanding. I think at the beginning, he was nervous, but he settled down and did gave us a spectacular show.

photo%202%205_zpsxkcumjef.jpg

I didn't wait to see if he was coming out... i'm not sure if he did :dunno:

MFCers sent Mika flowers and he posted a pic on Instagram

photo%204_zps17syfs97.png

This is what the bouquet we sent looked like. It was huge!

It went right below my chin :naughty:

e654adcf-a2db-4112-b607-182021706547_zpsqbg0r4ut.jpg

The card:

front: photo%204%203_zpsxyinawic.jpg

Inside:

photo%202%206_zpsayfp1fwo.jpg

24c12eb1-cc1e-4a42-9fa2-762efe6684ca_zpslc9y3udk.jpg

tomorrow will be fun!! :dance_man:

I'm sure i'm forgetting 1000 things that will come to me later :naughty:

Thank you for sharing the card and associating all MFCers to it :huglove: It's beautiful , such a good choice of words and so are the flowers :huglove:

Edited by guylainem123