2015 - MIKA & L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal - 11 Feb - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

guylainem123

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i managed to film the ceiling of the building, does that count? :mf_rosetinted: ( maybe there's even the occasional bit of mika hair, haven't watched it completely :naughty:)

you going to post that anywhere? :D you'd make a lot of people happy haha :naughty:

Are u there tonight?? Havent seen u yet!

I think you were 2 rows ahead of me last night but further down :teehee: i was at the meetup too but im super awkward about introducing myself to people.

I'll be there tonight in loge 103 i think and ofc hang around afterward.

So, a quick report before i mix it up with tonight. :bleh:

I liked yesterday's show more than the first night. Because i knew what to expect. Because i had a better place right in front of mika, where i didn't have to bend my neck in weird angles. Because mika was more relaxed. And the acoustics were better too, dunno if because of my place or because they changed something, or both. At times i could hear mika's voice without the mic, which was very special ofc. :wub2:

Happy ending was great the first night, but totally awesome and perfect yesterday! :fangurl: this has to be my fave performance ever of this song! A few of us made the hand-hearts for little bit of love, and mika saw it and smiled. Hope more will do it tonight! As it's quiet and bothers no one, it should be ok. :naughty:

I realized yesterday what bothers me about these orchestra concerts, why it doesn't feel like mika gigs. We can't participate. We can just sit there, and do nothing but watch and listen. Usually mika says at his gigs that half of the gig is up to the crowd. This is different. Mika and the musicians do the show, and we do nothing. It bothered me so much that the orchestra guy (is that simon leclerc?) even forbid us to clap. Apparently mika noticed my bothered look, because later he explained me the reason without me asking for it. He said it'd distract the musicians.

So after the show we stood inside with the other mfcers when someone said mika would come out the garage by car. So we went outside and stood next to the garage exit. On the wrong side, as it was a one way street, but whatever. :naughty: at some point saskia and me decided it should be possible to wait inside the (public) garage instead of outside, and we went downstairs. But nothing in that garage looked like mika would come out there, also no cars that looked like they were for him. So outside again. To the artist's entrance where we had waited the night before. On the way we met lou, who told us they'd seen a car with black windows drive out the back. We still saw the traces in the snow, but as lou said it was a normal car, it couldn't have been mika with his whole family. Anyway, long story made short, that car exit on the back looked like the place to wait, so that's what we did. In a little snowstorm at -10 degrees, but as i was wearing my ski outfit, only my face was cold.

Luckily saskia made me stay a bit longer than i would have, otherwise i'd have left about 5mins before mika came out! He turned his window down when he saw us, and we chatted for about 2 minutes. He (jokingly) ranted at us for being so crazy to stand outside in that cold&snow, especially i as a mother should be more responsible, etc... lol! It's not as if i had my son with me there in the cold! :aah: anyway, he soon changed to a huge warm smile and said "it's soo good to see you again!" :swoon: he said he saw me at the show right in front of him, and then he explained why the clapping was forbidden. I told him that it was so hard for me just to sit still and asked if maybe we could dance at least for the last song tomorrow... he said it's ok if they have the recording, and then said they were recording everything. I'm not sure if he meant all the shows or just tonight. Saskia thanked him for the cake again.

And of course i was worried about him again, because a few snowflakes were blown in his face, so i thought i have to hurry and not keep him there too long. Although the last time after a similar situation i had sworn to myself not to do this again (worry about him), as he can take care of himself and will let us know when he wants to leave! :doh: aah, whatever, maybe next time! :aah:

Anyway, it was so lovely to have this little chat with him and see that he's still the same sweet guy i've known before all this casting shows and valentino suits time. :wub2:

Thanks for your report :thumb_yello:

Ooh so he say that it will be recording?? :cheer: Even if we can't know if we will have only the audio or both audio and video it stills a very good new, more cheerful if the boss say it himself :wub2::wink2:

Thanks a lot to everybody for making us travel with you at that wonderful gig by those resumes :huglove:

Enjoy this last gig!!:mikalove:

I love his suit :wub2: and everything else as well :naughty::swoon:

Thank you so much for sharing so much :bow:

It feels like being there with you :wub2:

Your report is so sweet Melody :wub2:

:fangurl:

Thank you much :huglove:

Glad you could have this talk with him :wub2:

I had to quote instead of editing my post my phone is not letting me edit right now :doh:

I love his suit :wub2: and everything else as well :naughty::swoon:

Thank you so much for sharing so much :bow:

It feels like being there with you :wub2:

Your report is so sweet Melody :wub2:

:fangurl:

Thank you much :huglove:

Glad you could have this talk with him :wub2:

I had to quote instead of editing my post my phone is not letting me edit right now :doh:

Alright, alright, alright...

First of all, after a full day, I'm still living in the clouds... The meeting and the concert... I have lived a full dream in one single day :mf_rosetinted:

I have to say that it was beyond my expectations. I thought at first that the set list would disappoint me. With my surprise, he played ALL OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES.

Let me give you a very broad auditive perspective of how I heard each song. I say broad because even after a paragraph, it shall not be enough to really describe the feels. THE FEELS.

First Toy Boy, I had a scream of joy. My favorite from the album after Golden.

Then Underwater... It was fantastic... With an orchestra... UGH!

When Boum Boum Boum played, I was so impressed and I... LOVED IT.

:shocked: The arrangement of the instruments made this song so different in a good way!

When Rain came, I was happy because I was expecting it and I love it. But I wish that the arrangement of this one would have been softer and more opera-like. But it was still good!

Okay about the new song Last Party... I loved the melody... but the lyrics... hmmm... sorry... disappointed.

Karen was nice. Resembled the record version.

BUT OVERRATED WAS FANTASTIC. My eyes were balling out. You could feel all the emotion of this song. MAGICAL.

And then came my favorite song...

When he was presenting it, I thought he was talking about Over My Shoulder. And he said it. And I jumped out of my chair.

Any. Other. World.

Yup I cried. I promised myself that I would need to hear this song at least once live, in my whole life. And it happened. A real dream.

LYWID was good too. The arrangement made this song obviously less jumpy which was a new approach to it.

Finally Heroes. I hated the CD version but I knew this song had potential. Yesterday, I think this song was the most powerful song of the lot. I was so. so. impressed. I couldn't resist but leaving a huge WOW at the end of the performance, it was breathtaking.

After the break, it was Grace Kelly. I liked it. It was different and enjoyable with the instruments and all that. It was the Grace Kelly I expected and I loved.

Then the beautiful Over My Shoulder. It was soft. It was powerful. It was meaningful. I loved it to bits.

Good Guys was AWESOME! The song is catchy and good and it was a great combination for a memorable performance!

And again... After he introduced us to the singer Skylar, he played another one of my all time favorites... MAKE YOU HAPPY! Again I jumped out of my chair. And the performance was epic and the music was epic and it was WOW.

Another one of my favorites, the astounding Happy Ending. That one was hella powerful and I was so emotional after it was done. I wanted it to last forever.

Origin of Love was nice and sweet. I loved the choir in the back.

About Relax, I expected more. It was too soft. A bit more aggressive wouldn't have hurt. But it sounded more of a ballad than underwater was!

At that moment... I started to feel the end approaching. It was not a nice feeling... I really did not want it to end.

Elle Me Dit and Love Today were both pretty much the huge deal because people started to dance all around during these too. At some point, Mika got distracted from all the moving around. :aah: But it was a memorable ending, and still after almost 24 hours, I am not over it (and I don't think I ever will...)

Not only the meeting was pure success since I met all of the people I have always wanted to meet, but the concert was the most magical of all times. Mika and MFC... I will never be thankful enough.

The end :teehee:

Edited by RayaBadran

Second report now ! I'm writing at the time almost everybody I'll talk about are watching the third gig. I'm sad I can't go but I'm finally resting after the gigs. I shouldn't as I still have a lot to do at school but I wanted to write my gig reports. Wednesday was, again, school day. I had to get up at 6 after 5 hours of sleep. It was an exam : 4 hours of laboratory where I needed ALL my focus cuz I had to work on excessively small things. My friends at school are awesome, they put LICM album to play cuz they knew we were goign to those gigs. So I was doing my exam with Mika's song all over my head, from the day before, from the album playing. But still, everything went fine. I had an other class on the afternoon and it ended at 3h30 : earlier than we expected !

We left to Montreal and got finally at the meetup a bit before 5PM. I LOVED the sticker on everybody's shirt. Finally I was able to know exactly who was everybody as I was told so much name tuesday and I couldn't remember 3. :aah: I was next to a new fan who knew about the MFC the day before, and BangBangLou (HI if you read this !!!!), with Paola, Valerria and an other nice lady I can't remember your name : I'm sorry ! You were very nice and I know that if I stay in Canada all my life I'll die before seeing Mika as much as you did. :aah: Lucky italian ladies. The dinner was awesome : thanks everybody who worked on this to make it happen. I kept my (doily ? not sure it's the good word but that's what google translate told me) and my name tag. The cherry on the cake was... the cake ! I was very surprised to see that cake, it was a piece of pure art. Everybody jumped on his feet to see it closer, real paparazzi for a piece of sugar. :aah: It tasted as good as it looked like.

Shortly after the cake we left for the gig. That second night was great but not AS MUCH as the other. I said in my other report that I was like hit by a train : the second was more like if I jumped in the train and I was just enjoying every song. It was still very good and Mika was in fire plus he looked more confident. I'm happy I've been there: one night was not enough. I recorded almost every songs (BAD GIRL BAD GIRL I KNOW) but as I was not 100% sure they were going to record one of the gig, I wanted more than memories. I didn't get caugh and my cellphone survived. Kiss me or kill me for doing it, I'm not the only one who used his cellphone on that night. Anyway, the sound is never like the real thing, it was more to let everyone hear the new songs and to understand a bit how the songs we already know sounded with an orchestra.

It's youtube videos, please don't spread them all over the internet or they'll erase it. It's all black : no videos of Mika singing or the orchestra itself. Sound only ! The quality is not optimal at all but it's better than nothing. I hope for a proper recording. If it's a DVD i'll buy it for sure. If I can't put them here tell me and I'll remove them. They are not publicly avalailable without link.

Toy Boy :

Underwater :

Boum Boum Boum :

Rain :

The last party :

Karen: sorry, didn't record it

Overrated :

Any other world :

Love you when I'm drunk :

Ordinary man :

Heroes :

Grace Kelly : http://youtu.be/8heK8_RPvUY

Over my Shoulder : http://youtu.be/3LvhzghCZks

Good Guys : http://youtu.be/hcmYmqTo3ec

Make you happy : http://youtu.be/RqfYxtoCQp0

Happy Ending : http://youtu.be/iktA9K8pIuc

Origin of love : http://youtu.be/SHCgi2mLzyE

Relax : http://youtu.be/-Y8giJw6pQo

Elle me dit : http://youtu.be/NetwPuaU5aE

Love Today : http://youtu.be/0B7BsIRDHLM

I tried to stay but I had to drive 1 hour again and I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open. I hate that I couldn't miss even one day of school for Mika but it's the end of my program and it's just impossible. If the gig were just a few miles further I couldn't go so I'm still lucky. I'm sad I couldn't have an autograph on my Relax single CD. Too bad, next time. With a proper M&G pleeeease. I know Deb tried sooooo hard to get one. It's just that whole orchestra thing that make this not possible.

Edited by Alie

Second report now ! I'm writing at the time almost everybody I'll talk about are watching the third gig. I'm sad I can't go but I'm finally resting after the gigs. I shouldn't as I still have a lot to do at school but I wanted to write my gig reports. Wednesday was, again, school day. I had to get up at 6 after 5 hours of sleep. It was an exam : 4 hours of laboratory where I needed ALL my focus cuz I had to work on excessively small things. My friends at school are awesome, they put LICM album to play cuz they knew we were goign to those gigs. So I was doing my exam with Mika's song all over my head, from the day before, from the album playing. But still, everything went fine. I had an other class on the afternoon and it ended at 3h30 : earlier than we expected !

We left to Montreal and got finally at the meetup a bit before 5PM. I LOVED the sticker on everybody's shirt. Finally I was able to know exactly who was everybody as I was told so much name tuesday and I couldn't remember 3. :aah: I was next to a new fan who knew about the MFC the day before, and BangBangLou (HI if you read this !!!!), with Paola, Valerria and an other nice lady I can't remember your name : I'm sorry ! You were very nice and I know that if I stay in Canada all my life I'll die before seeing Mika as much as you did. :aah: Lucky italian ladies. The dinner was awesome : thanks everybody who worked on this to make it happen. I kept my (doily ? not sure it's the good word but that's what google translate told me) and my name tag. The cherry on the cake was... the cake ! I was very surprised to see that cake, it was a piece of pure art. Everybody jumped on his feet to see it closer, real paparazzi for a piece of sugar. :aah: It tasted as good as it looked like.

Shortly after the cake we left for the gig. That second night was great but not AS MUCH as the other. I said in my other report that I was like hit by a train : the second was more like if I jumped in the train and I was just enjoying every song. It was still very good and Mika was in fire plus he looked more confident. I'm happy I've been there: one night was not enough. I recorded almost every songs (BAD GIRL BAD GIRL I KNOW) but as I was not 100% sure they were going to record one of the gig, I wanted more than memories. I didn't get caugh and my cellphone survived. Kiss me or kill me for doing it, I'm not the only one who used his cellphone on that night. Anyway, the sound is never like the real thing, it was more to let everyone hear the new songs and to understand a bit how the songs we already know sounded with an orchestra.

It's youtube videos, please don't spread them all over the internet or they'll erase it. It's all black : no videos of Mika singing or the orchestra itself. Sound only ! The quality is not optimal at all but it's better than nothing. I hope for a proper recording. If it's a DVD i'll buy it for sure. If I can't put them here tell me and I'll remove them. They are not publicly avalailable without link.

Toy Boy :

Underwater :

Boum Boum Boum :

Rain :

The last party :

Overrated :

Any other world :

Ordinary man :

Heroes :

I tried to stay but I had to drive 1 hour again and I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open. I hate that I couldn't miss even one day of school for Mika but it's the end of my program and it's just impossible. If the gig were just a few miles further I couldn't go so I'm still lucky. I'm sad I couldn't have an autograph on my Relax single CD. Too bad, next time. With a proper M&G pleeeease. I know Deb tried sooooo hard to get one. It's just that whole orchestra thing that make this not possible.

Thank you, thak you, thank you!! :huglove::mikalove::wub2: This is great :) Reading all these reports really describes the feelings... I wish I could be there :)

Toy Boy :

Underwater :

Boum Boum Boum :

Rain :

The last party :

Overrated :

Any other world :

Ordinary man :

Heroes :

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am listening to The last party now :wub2:

Toy Boy :

Underwater :

Boum Boum Boum :

Rain :

The last party :

Overrated :

Any other world :

Ordinary man :

Heroes :

Thank you so much Alie :huglove: and if it had been to Mika to organise it I'm sure it would have been different :hug:

Toy Boy :

Underwater :

Boum Boum Boum :

Rain :

The last party :

Overrated :

Any other world :

Ordinary man :

Heroes :

Thank you so much! :flowers2: Now I should be working but I cannot wait to watch your videos :teehee:

Toy Boy :

Underwater :

Boum Boum Boum :

Rain :

The last party :

Overrated :

Any other world :

Ordinary man :

Heroes :

latest?cb=20130821093610

(Hi guys, in case you didn't see my post of the other thread)

Good news! I asked one of the musicians and he said they recorded the show and should make a cd!! :woot_jump:

zobbcm.jpg

Ahh,T4P!!Wow,so excited that will release the Cd/Dvd :wub2: