2015 - MIKA & L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal - 12 Feb - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

I finally got to upload my video of the m&g. I guess, most of you have already seeing Mika's talking but still:
:wink2:

Oh, that's so awesome, Saskia! I hadn't seen anything as I've been traveling all day. So right at the very beginning is when I finally got around the corner and could actually see him, and when he saw me he says, as he always does, "It's nice to see you." :naughty:

I finally got to upload my video of the m&g. I guess, most of you have already seeing Mika's talking but still:

Thanks a lot for sharing !!!!:wub2:

He is awesome as always !!! :fangurl:

[YOUTUBE]qY0C2GTdIyk[/YOUTUBE]

:bow:

Could anyone translate it please ?

:thumb_yello: THANK YOU - this is priceless!! :huglove: I'm sooo happy you recorded it, and shared it - this is really for the whole worldwide fanbase!!! :wub2: I'll show it to my fam. when I'm back home tomorrow - they're very happy on my behalf, for being a part of this special event...:mikalove:

Love,love

me

Thank you for recording and sharing this with us! :huglove:

Still find it amazing to see how much he cares about his fans and the great way he expresses this!

aww! :wub2: thank you for the video! i loved so much how he said that we know how to rock covered in mud and beer, but also know how to dress nicely for events like these osm gigs, since his music is all of that, too. yes, that's one of the many reasons why i love him and his music so much! :mikalove:

My gig report (written while at the airport so my impressions aren't as fresh as the other reports i wrote but my flight was delayed so i had plenty of time.)

Before the gig i was with Cassilda trying to figure out which was our row (in the loge boxes rows A and B weren't labeled!), then Doriand was there too also looking for which seat was his. Good thing i wasn't sure it was him til after or else i would've been nervous xD During the gig i forgot he was near, i kinda would've like to see his reaction to songs.

I take back whatever i said about Relax in my previous report. Seeing it from above totally changed my mind about it. It was so... almost fragile or something and so touching.

Hours later i had Ordinary Man and The Last Party stuck in my head so that's definitely a great sign of things to come! When he sang the lower notes in Ordinary Man I totally got chills. The high notes thrill me, and the notes chill me :wub2: And i definitely still love Good Guys. After those tasters I don't think the new album can come out fast enough. I need it now :teehee:

The addition of the orchestra breathed life into songs, especially into the older ones we've all heard a thousand times like Grace Kelly and Love Today.

During Overrated i rested my chin on my arms on the railing box because it was just so dreamy and i was lost in his voice and i swear he chose that moment to stare up at me. he held it for a few moments too. OMG he probably thought i was sleeping >.< During the m&g he said he could see the audience quite well too :doh:

Ofc i'd have liked him to have done these orchestra gigs closer to me in the States but if he had i prolly wouldn't have gotten to hear Karen live (or Boum Boum Boum) so i totally don't mind the inconvenience :D

Another benefit of being above was the ability to watch the reactions of people below. I saw what you did there. Yes, you. :naughty: Haha, but seriously it was so nice to see that most people stood up and applauded during the many standing ovations.

Can anyone confirm if Jodi Marr was the blond lady in the audience in the sparkly red sweater next to Fortuné? Mika seemed to be looking toward her while he was talking to her but from above it was hard to tell exactly where he looked out across the crowd.

His voice, the way he has such power yet can also sing so tenderly, especially in Happy Ending, Karen, Over My Shoulder, and Any Other World still killed me. How does he do that night after night?! I hope he's gonna give his voice a rest for a bit now, he deserves it. I know my voice hurt after and all i was doing was yelling WOOOOOOOO!

I hated being so far from Mika but, being not very good with the detail aspects of music and stuff, i did like being able to see the musicians more and what instruments the sounds were coming from. The harp particularly kept catching my eye, ofc that could be because that thing was HUGE!

The extra Toyboy was nice, i really love the ending bit the orchestra did each time. But I was hoping the two Toyboys meant he'd repeat the entire gig :teehee:

And there was the extra Elle Me Dit encore. FINALLY we could do what was so hard for us to refrain from doing for the other three performances. You bet your sweet ass i DANSED!

Awwwww i think when people were tossing flowers and one hit him then he missed catching another is why he says he's bad at sports. I know that's how i looked every time i tried to do a team sport xD He is so freakin adorable!

This was the first night i took any pictures or vids of Mika, just of them bowing and stuff. But i'll post them if you want.

The Afterward: I loved what he said during the m&g, he clearly was so grateful. Thanks Saskia for recording some of it! i hope someone recorded more because it was so special. He signed the Blame It On The Girls promo single i won from the MFC comp so thanks again Mari for sending it to me :D And when he told his manager to be sure and take several group pictures from different angles just cemented so why i love Mika the person.

OMG DO WE LIKE THE MOST AMAZING GUY OR WHAT?!! :mikalove:

i'll post a report of my trip as a whole on FB (or maybe even on my tumblr since BangBangLou reminded me that i even had tumblr :aah:) and link it here in case anyone's curious.

.......But daaaaaaaaamn, i've got a major case of PMD now! I don't know what i'd do i didn't have the new album to look forward to. Hmmmmmmmm *eyes her passport and the summer festivals he's doing in Europe and Asia*

Edited by kreacher

almost everything i wanted to say about the 3rd night has been reported already, so i'll keep it short with a few bits & pieces i remember:

- mika talked more than the other 2 nights, but he seemed almost as nervous as on the first night, 2nd he was more relaxed i think

- while at the 2nd night happy ending was my fave performance, on the 3rd it was origin of love that i found especially outstanding. :wub2:

- so happy that we got this m&g, thanks deb for organizing! :wub2: much better than having to wait in the cold, and so lovely of him to do something like this for his fans! :mikalove: something funny i remember that wasn't on saskia's recording - he wasn't aware that the gigs in japan had already been announced, and idk how this topic started but i loved the puzzled look on his face. :teehee:

and he signed this for my son:

B9vF_n2CIAA1D5R.jpg

(it says "take care of it", with an arrow towards the heart) :wub2:

almost everything i wanted to say about the 3rd night has been reported already, so i'll keep it short with a few bits & pieces i remember:

- mika talked more than the other 2 nights, but he seemed almost as nervous as on the first night, 2nd he was more relaxed i think

- while at the 2nd night happy ending was my fave performance, on the 3rd it was origin of love that i found especially outstanding. :wub2:

- so happy that we got this m&g, thanks deb for organizing! :wub2: much better than having to wait in the cold, and so lovely of him to do something like this for his fans! :mikalove: something funny i remember that wasn't on saskia's recording - he wasn't aware that the gigs in japan had already been announced, and idk how this topic started but i loved the puzzled look on his face. :teehee:

B9vF_n2CIAA1D5R.jpg

i saw him writing on the onesie but didn't catch what it said. thanks for posting it, so cute! Also thanks for the recordings you posted in the other thread, i was hoping someone caught Karen

Edited by kreacher

B9vF_n2CIAA1D5R.jpg

:blush-anim-cl: Aawww - this's too cute for words - thanks for sharing!!:huglove: I'm so happy I could say hi to both you, your lovely little son and nice husband! :blush-anim-cl: And now I've just had my first poutine, which was quite good! :teehee: But it was "heavy stuff" - so I don't think there will be any room for KLM food - cause I'm soon boarding ...:wink2:

Bye for now, lovely MIKA friends - hope to see you all again...:wub2:

Also happy to have seen quite a lot of this beautiful city, during cold winter days ...:blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Thanks everyone for reports, I couldn't add anything else myself as you all expressed my thoughts and emotions of the 3 nights so well.

I'll just drop these here.

10649967_940480589319961_863484858997692019_n.jpg?oh=c66b8c42b9bac825d694b9cb83f4362e&oe=5554683E

geeeeeeeeeez wow thank you so much :flowers2: these are some of the best pics i've seen of him from these gigs. if i knew better i'd think you were on stage with him xD your camera is so good

this one's my fave! was it during toy boy or EMD?

geeeeeeeeeez wow thank you so much :flowers2: these are some of the best pics i've seen of him from these gigs. if i knew better i'd think you were on stage with him xD your camera is so good

this one's my fave! was it during toy boy or EMD?

Haha, that was during Toy Boy, there was not way you could photograph him during EMD, he was moving too much, I was moving too much and the crowd were also moving too much. :teehee:

Aww, thank you for the photos theresa! :wub2:

i just remembered sth else mika said at the m&g, he mentioned the mfc flowers again, said they were huge and a small lady had to carry them up the stairs (iirc?). :naughty:

Edited by mellody

Wait! There's something wrong with these pics... I can see more than Guylaine's forehead! :naughty:

Seriously, they are great, thanks, Theresa! Very happy to see the photos! :thumb_yello:

I'll use one on the MFC FB page, if that's OK with you.

Wait! There's something wrong with these pics... I can see more than Guylaine's forehead! :naughty:

Seriously, they are great, thanks, Theresa! Very happy to see the photos! :thumb_yello:

I'll use one on the MFC FB page, if that's OK with you.

Of course, they're everyone's photos. :thumb_yello: