2015 - MIKA & L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal - 12 Feb - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

Im so jealous of those u came for more than one night... I only came the first night so I didn't had the chance to meet you all at the restorant and I didn't had the chance to talk with MIKA :'( seriously it makes me so sad ... Next time he come near, I come at all his gigs!!! At least I had the chance to live the best night ever the feb 10 ??

Wait! There's something wrong with these pics... I can see more than Guylaine's forehead! :naughty:

Seriously, they are great, thanks, Theresa! Very happy to see the photos! :thumb_yello:

I'll use one on the MFC FB page, if that's OK with you.

This time, the forehead is Rox:wink2:

i saw him writing on the onesie but didn't catch what it said. thanks for posting it, so cute! Also thanks for the recordings you posted in the other thread, i was hoping someone caught Karen

Dear Kreacher, I caught Karen on video. I'll upload it just for MFC over next week when I come back home :)

This is a lovely critic about the concert in Le Devoir that I translated in English if you're interested

http://www.ledevoir.com/culture/musique/431495/mika-et-l-osm

Mika , happy as a kid!

Something happened in Montreal, on Tuesday. For the first time in his carreer, the world famous pop star Mika was giving a concert with a symphonic orchestra. The alchemy was so good that we can imagine a "Mika symphonic " tour, with such a good material.

As Simon Leclerc explained to us ( in Le Devoir that was out on Saturday) his work as an orchestrator is to create for each artist their own symphonic world, and to remove pop rythms. Meaning as far as flamboyant Mika was concerned, we were really curious to find out what the outcome would be.

There are in his second CD in the Deluxe Edition, three songs in French (among which the must Karen) that were already suitable for symphonisation, as you can imagine Kurt Weil in Toy Boy (which already sounds like Thénardier's song in Les Misérables) or Michael Daugherty in Rain (in the album The Boy Who Knew Too Much)

The big difference between Mika and Mozart, is that Mozart's Symphonie no 1 was not his masterpiece , whereas Mika entered the showbiz universe with a true bomb, Life in Cartoon Motion (2007) whose uniqueness and originality left such a strong inprint. When you listen to the way the voices were remixed in so many different styles in The Origin Of Love, you understand how hard it is for the artist to find a new path away from it. The saga of the new album which was to be out in November 2014, and now said to be released in April 2015 (but not finished yet) illustrates this as well.

So we were very curious as to the "symphonic product" . Would Mika and Leclerc symphonize huge hits, would they adapt intimate songs? (I really expected to see Any Other World revisited) , would they recreated "The Origin Of Love" with a new vocal virginity?

The artists came up with a very convincing program, and even fascinating at times, with two different parts. This difference was stricking because Mika seemed a bit nervous, amazed by what was around him, almost shy during the first part whereas he was in full control of his voice and totally enjoying what was happening during the second part. Maybe he was stressed as he was singing in exclusivity and for the very first time The Last Party and Ordinary Man, two songs that will be in his new album and show Mika's nostalgic crooner's side. He also sang two other titles of his new album: Boum Boum Boum, which was released as a single in 2014 and Good Guys, which was premiered on Italian TV last December, and that will surely be one of the top singles of his new album.

Also to be credited for this big success, Ida Falk Windland and Max Taylor, the two singers who accompagnied Mika ; the small choir , as well as all OSM, everyone did their part very well. Also the order in which the songs were sang was very clever: Mika and Leclerc knew how to articulate the two parts, from Toy Boy to Heroes (where the singer's voice is very accurate and free) for the first, and to Grace Kelly to Love Today for the second. It was the same logic in the way the songs followed one another: the south american sounds of Elle Me Dit led to a sort of "batuque" in Love Today.

As far as the choice of titles go, only Toy Boy and Rain were rescued in The Boy Who Knew Too Much, versus six songs in the first album and eight songs of the third album. Based on applause, Grace Kelly and even more Happy Ending and Relax won , which show the big inprint of Life in Cartoon Motion.

The most difficult it had been to adapt the songs, the most convincing the result was. The songs with most pop rythm were particularly well revisited: diving with "Imax symphonic" Underwater, the colors of Rain, or the ennoblement of Love You When I'm Drunk, changed into a sort of scherzo. Several orchestrations (Heroes, Grace Kelly, Good Guys) were reminiscent of Elmer Bernstein or Ferdé Grofé, with smells of deserts, of dust and of battles.

Among both parts of the concert, the second one was often amazing, and highly risky. This is where Simon Leclerc dared the most, transforming Relax into a Debussy dream, multiplying the layers of Make You Happy. My emotional moments were when hearing the nobility of Any Other World, and most of all of Over My Shoulder, literaly transfigured and purified as well as Happy Ending. This is where-and in Relax and Elle Me Dit -that one could feel most the effects of the acoustic treatment: this new time and space allowed the singer to highlight intentions and to leave room for dreamlike times.

Mika made the most out of it. With an impressive success.

• Like 1

Dear Kreacher, I caught Karen on video. I'll upload it just for MFC over next week when I come back home :)

Aw thanks, that'd be awesome of you!

This is a lovely critic about the concert in Le Devoir that I translated in English if you're interested

Thank you Anne! What a positive review :mikalove:

many thanks for the reports, videos and photos, your reports let me float on clouds.

Karin, the dress is the sweet young excellent. so cute.:thumb_yello:

and the M&G so beautiful and the group photo, so many great people to be seen together.:mikalove::huglove:

almost everything i wanted to say about the 3rd night has been reported already, so i'll keep it short with a few bits & pieces i remember:

- mika talked more than the other 2 nights, but he seemed almost as nervous as on the first night, 2nd he was more relaxed i think

- while at the 2nd night happy ending was my fave performance, on the 3rd it was origin of love that i found especially outstanding. :wub2:

- so happy that we got this m&g, thanks deb for organizing! :wub2: much better than having to wait in the cold, and so lovely of him to do something like this for his fans! :mikalove: something funny i remember that wasn't on saskia's recording - he wasn't aware that the gigs in japan had already been announced, and idk how this topic started but i loved the puzzled look on his face. :teehee:

and he signed this for my son:

B9vF_n2CIAA1D5R.jpg

(it says "take care of it", with an arrow towards the heart) :wub2:

Aww that is so sweet :wub2:

• Like 1

almost everything i wanted to say about the 3rd night has been reported already, so i'll keep it short with a few bits & pieces i remember:

- mika talked more than the other 2 nights, but he seemed almost as nervous as on the first night, 2nd he was more relaxed i think

- while at the 2nd night happy ending was my fave performance, on the 3rd it was origin of love that i found especially outstanding. :wub2:

- so happy that we got this m&g, thanks deb for organizing! :wub2: much better than having to wait in the cold, and so lovely of him to do something like this for his fans! :mikalove: something funny i remember that wasn't on saskia's recording - he wasn't aware that the gigs in japan had already been announced, and idk how this topic started but i loved the puzzled look on his face. :teehee:

and he signed this for my son:

B9vF_n2CIAA1D5R.jpg

(it says "take care of it", with an arrow towards the heart) :wub2:

Such a lucky baby and mum :wub2: and such a sweet Mika :fangurl:

That's so cute to see :wub2:

Thank you Sakia ... Great video... And thank you Lasher... I particularly like this video as it clearly shows Theresa drooling as she is looking up at Mika. :wink2:

And thank you Theresa for the amazing photos. :mikalove:

I usually don't go out much, I've never been to a concert, but when I saw that Mika was going to be in my city , I had to lose my concert "virginity"

I went to the 3rd show, and I had gotten tickets in the choir ( behind the musicians) and at half-time switched to some empty seats I had spotted in the second row.

The first half of the show was amazing ! the only bummer was that I couldn't see the look on his face when he was signing :doh: but I would close my eyes and get into the music. It was like nothing I ever heard before. So beautiful, so majestic, It was art that should be in a museum for all to see and hear.

The second half of the show was even better! we snuck in to those empty seats and we were really stressed someone would come and claim them, BUT NO!, we were lucky and the show was about to start. Mika came out and started signing, and all his little facial expressions and hand quirks were sooo cute. I know he loves to jump around and stuff when giving a show, and although he stayed in one spot , it was just as entertaining. Out of nowhere , I feel something wet dripping on my cheeks ! I was crying! I was so genuinely touched by the beauty of what I saw and heard that the tears where coming out on their own.

When It was over, A nice lady hanged me a flower to throw on the scene , instead, I handed it to Mika when he passed to salute the crowd.

He took it from my hands:mikalove::mikalove::mikalove:

This was by far the best thing to ever happen to me.

I just want to thank all the beautifull MFCs I've met over the course of these concerts. you are the best and I love you soooo much. I can't wait for next time

here are some of the pictures I took that night

attachment.php?attachmentid=10069&stc=1&d=1424058107

(when he took my flower )

attachment.php?attachmentid=10067&stc=1&d=1424057948

(the view from our original seats)

attachment.php?attachmentid=10068&stc=1&d=1424058047

(my mika selfie and view from our upgraded seats )

post-38520-142983704269_thumb.jpg

post-38520-142983704281_thumb.jpg

post-38520-142983704293_thumb.jpg

I usually don't go out much, I've never been to a concert, but when I saw that Mika was going to be in my city , I had to lose my concert "virginity"

I went to the 3rd show, and I had gotten tickets in the choir ( behind the musicians) and at half-time switched to some empty seats I had spotted in the second row.

The first half of the show was amazing ! the only bummer was that I couldn't see the look on his face when he was signing :doh: but I would close my eyes and get into the music. It was like nothing I ever heard before. So beautiful, so majestic, It was art that should be in a museum for all to see and hear.

The second half of the show was even better! we snuck in to those empty seats and we were really stressed someone would come and claim them, BUT NO!, we were lucky and the show was about to start. Mika came out and started signing, and all his little facial expressions and hand quirks were sooo cute. I know he loves to jump around and stuff when giving a show, and although he stayed in one spot , it was just as entertaining. Out of nowhere , I feel something wet dripping on my cheeks ! I was crying! I was so genuinely touched by the beauty of what I saw and heard that the tears where coming out on their own.

When It was over, A nice lady hanged me a flower to throw on the scene , instead, I handed it to Mika when he passed to salute the crowd.

I just want to thank all the beautifull MFCs I've met over the course of these concerts. you are the best and I love you soooo much. I can't wait for next time

here are some of the pictures I took that night

Hey hi ! I was next to you at the dinner wednesday ! Happy you loved your night. Welcome on the MFC :blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

Hi Jane!

When you moved down to the second row, you were just a few seats to the left of me! Glad you were able to enjoy the show there -- it would have been a shame to let those seats go to waste!

Welcome to the MFC!

Mika , happy as a kid!

Something happened in Montreal, on Tuesday. For the first time in his carreer, the world famous pop star Mika was giving a concert with a symphonic orchestra. The alchemy was so good that we can imagine a "Mika symphonic " tour, with such a good material.

As Simon Leclerc explained to us ( in Le Devoir that was out on Saturday) his work as an orchestrator is to create for each artist their own symphonic world, and to remove pop rythms. Meaning as far as flamboyant Mika was concerned, we were really curious to find out what the outcome would be.

There are in his second CD in the Deluxe Edition, three songs in French (among which the must Karen) that were already suitable for symphonisation, as you can imagine Kurt Weil in Toy Boy (which already sounds like Thénardier's song in Les Misérables) or Michael Daugherty in Rain (in the album The Boy Who Knew Too Much)

The big difference between Mika and Mozart, is that Mozart's Symphonie no 1 was not his masterpiece , whereas Mika entered the showbiz universe with a true bomb, Life in Cartoon Motion (2007) whose uniqueness and originality left such a strong inprint. When you listen to the way the voices were remixed in so many different styles in The Origin Of Love, you understand how hard it is for the artist to find a new path away from it. The saga of the new album which was to be out in November 2014, and now said to be released in April 2015 (but not finished yet) illustrates this as well.

So we were very curious as to the "symphonic product" . Would Mika and Leclerc symphonize huge hits, would they adapt intimate songs? (I really expected to see Any Other World revisited) , would they recreated "The Origin Of Love" with a new vocal virginity?

The artists came up with a very convincing program, and even fascinating at times, with two different parts. This difference was stricking because Mika seemed a bit nervous, amazed by what was around him, almost shy during the first part whereas he was in full control of his voice and totally enjoying what was happening during the second part. Maybe he was stressed as he was singing in exclusivity and for the very first time The Last Party and Ordinary Man, two songs that will be in his new album and show Mika's nostalgic crooner's side. He also sang two other titles of his new album: Boum Boum Boum, which was released as a single in 2014 and Good Guys, which was premiered on Italian TV last December, and that will surely be one of the top singles of his new album.

Also to be credited for this big success, Ida Falk Windland and Max Taylor, the two singers who accompagnied Mika ; the small choir , as well as all OSM, everyone did their part very well. Also the order in which the songs were sang was very clever: Mika and Leclerc knew how to articulate the two parts, from Toy Boy to Heroes (where the singer's voice is very accurate and free) for the first, and to Grace Kelly to Love Today for the second. It was the same logic in the way the songs followed one another: the south american sounds of Elle Me Dit led to a sort of "batuque" in Love Today.

As far as the choice of titles go, only Toy Boy and Rain were rescued in The Boy Who Knew Too Much, versus six songs in the first album and eight songs of the third album. Based on applause, Grace Kelly and even more Happy Ending and Relax won , which show the big inprint of Life in Cartoon Motion.

The most difficult it had been to adapt the songs, the most convincing the result was. The songs with most pop rythm were particularly well revisited: diving with "Imax symphonic" Underwater, the colors of Rain, or the ennoblement of Love You When I'm Drunk, changed into a sort of scherzo. Several orchestrations (Heroes, Grace Kelly, Good Guys) were reminiscent of Elmer Bernstein or Ferdé Grofé, with smells of deserts, of dust and of battles.

Among both parts of the concert, the second one was often amazing, and highly risky. This is where Simon Leclerc dared the most, transforming Relax into a Debussy dream, multiplying the layers of Make You Happy. My emotional moments were when hearing the nobility of Any Other World, and most of all of Over My Shoulder, literaly transfigured and purified as well as Happy Ending. This is where-and in Relax and Elle Me Dit -that one could feel most the effects of the acoustic treatment: this new time and space allowed the singer to highlight intentions and to leave room for dreamlike times.

Mika made the most out of it. With an impressive success.

:thumb_yello: MERCI - THANK YOUUU !!!:huglove: I've wanted this translated, since I read it in Montreal, hehe :teehee: I especially love the big difference between MIKA & Mozart!! :aah: Should he be proud or what!? :teehee: I hope you will translate what La Presse wrote, both the 11th and the new one, which Catherine shared today!? :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Dear MFCers,

I managed to record a few videos during the concert :blush-anim-cl: and I'll post them all here for members of the Fan Club only.

The videos are unlisted on Youtube, so, please, do not share them outside MFC or they can end up being deleted :(

I hope you enjoy them. More to come. And some pics.

Best wishes,

Chris

OUVERTURE/TOY BOY:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOVFunb87Ik

UNDERWATER:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoH2sVfT_88

KAREN:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WYqObnhEXc

ANY OTHER WORLD:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNCJx35H3Wo

ELLE ME DIT (ENCORE):

• Like 2