2015 - MIKA & L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal - 12 Feb - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

Dear MFCers,

I managed to record a few videos during the concert :blush-anim-cl: and I'll post them all here for members of the Fan Club only.

The videos are unlisted on Youtube, so, please, do not share them outside MFC or they can end up being deleted :(

I hope you enjoy them. More to come. And some pics.

Best wishes,

:bow::bow:

Thank youuuuuuu

Edited by cubitus

Dear MFCers,

I managed to record a few videos during the concert :blush-anim-cl: and I'll post them all here for members of the Fan Club only.

The videos are unlisted on Youtube, so, please, do not share them outside MFC or they can end up being deleted :(

Best wishes,

Chris

Thank you so much Chris :huglove:

Maybe you can add the wish for not sharing in the description of the vids? I think most people who discovered the videos because someone did tweet them don't know about your wish as they don't know your post and are retweeting without meaning anything bad.

Thank you so much Chris :huglove:

Maybe you can add the wish for not sharing in the description of the vids? I think most people who discovered the videos because someone did tweet them don't know about your wish as they don't know your post and are retweeting without meaning anything bad.

I'll do that, but maybe ill just need to make them fully private so as to avoid deletion.

Dear MFCers,

Best wishes,

Chris

Thank you so so so much!!! :huglove::bow:

Edited by mari62

Hi, Kath

Lol I sure wasnt trying to avoid you!!! I didnt see you either there. :( pity

Maybe we were in different ends of the group. But I do remember when we met in nyc and exchanged the pictures with Mika during a post show m & g.

Best wishes

We are obviously both as bad as each other! Glad you made it to Montreal anyway... It was worth the trip wasn't it! :mikalove:

Dear MFCers,

Best wishes,

Chris

Thank you so much :huglove::flowers2:

Edited by mari62

Dear MFCers,

Best wishes,

Chris

thank you so so much for posting these, they're so clear! :mikalove:

i think perhaps i spotted you filming these from my seat in the loge above. Were you in about the 3rd row, filming until a lady usher stopped you?

Edited by mari62

Dear MFCers,

Best wishes,

Chris

OUVERTURE/TOY BOY:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOVFunb87Ik

UNDERWATER:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoH2sVfT_88

KAREN:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WYqObnhEXc

ANY OTHER WORLD:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNCJx35H3Wo

ELLE ME DIT (ENCORE):

Thanks so much. I know it's a hassle trying to video while you're enjoying a concert (and dodging security!) so I really appreciate getting a sense of what it was like to be there. I especially love Any Other World.

Dear MFCers,

Best wishes,

Chris

OUVERTURE/TOY BOY:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOVFunb87Ik

UNDERWATER:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoH2sVfT_88

KAREN:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WYqObnhEXc

ANY OTHER WORLD:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNCJx35H3Wo

ELLE ME DIT (ENCORE):

Thanks a lot ! You're an angel ! :huglove:

Your videos have a beautiful quality ! :thumb_yello:

I know, I was horrified of the way the boys acted, I tought they would just ask for a quick picture or smething like that, but instead were super agressive. I apologized on twitter and will apologize here again.You could really feel that he was uncomfortable with all the flashes ( I wasnt taking any pictures) . I would have just given the boys my letter to give him but I had just met them , couldnt entrust them with somthing so personal and really wanted to be sure it got to him.

I was excited to see him but for any other MFCs it is not the way to go.

I really felt bad about it so I wrote him another letter to apologize ( in case he didn't see my tweet ) and left that one with his driver the next day.

you don't want to taint the experience of meeting your idol by making it an uncomfortable experience.

If I could do it all again, I probably wouldn't. But this is the last time I apologize for it.

I am truly and deeply sorry

ps: I just wanted to share the pictures with you guys, I'm better at telling stories than writing them, as those who heard me tell the story might know :S

not appreciating the pap pix, but i find it funny to see that mika apparently was in the hotel right next to mine! :aah: same building complex. i even took a sightseeing pic of that hotel, as it was such a beautiful building, that's why i recognized it on the pix. :teehee: kinda glad that i didn't bump into mika there, i wouldn't have wanted him to think i'm stalking him to his hotel! :aah:

Here area few pics i took during the m&g! I don't have any from the show!:aah:

I also have the pics i took with every mfcer i could after all ^that^.

I don't know if i should spam that all here? I went a bit crazy.

thanks for the photos! :wub2: would you send me the pic of us together please? dm or facebook or twitter, whatever you like (or i'll dm you my email).

ok:naughty::naughty: so my upload from meet up is over, ( took hours) who would like to watch:

i quoted this here and linked it in the 1st post, as it was posted on the other thread but belongs to the 12th. :wink2:

I just wanted to share and I realize this might sound odd but I just watched the M&G video. I attended the concert the second night but the third I was on my way back home already. I did not get to attend but watching this video it felt like I was there. I had this big goofy smile the whole speech and I think I might have been a tad emotional?...>.> am I really THAT kind of fan? LMAOO!! I feel obsessive lol. It was so wonderful seeing him talk to you ladies who I met over that week and feeling as though I was an extension of all those happy faces. Everyone was so happy, those faces all sweet and excited also seeing Guy pop in at the back corner and him saying hello. Kat hiding in the corner beside him being all bashful and Mam standing in front of him all star struck <3 wonderful, wonderful! I love that you all got a moment of his time, that was so special <3. Next time ladies!!!

I just wanted to share and I realize this might sound odd but I just watched the M&G video. I attended the concert the second night but the third I was on my way back home already. I did not get to attend but watching this video it felt like I was there. I had this big goofy smile the whole speech and I think I might have been a tad emotional?...>.> am I really THAT kind of fan? LMAOO!! I feel obsessive lol. It was so wonderful seeing him talk to you ladies who I met over that week and feeling as though I was an extension of all those happy faces. Everyone was so happy, those faces all sweet and excited also seeing Guy pop in at the back corner and him saying hello. Kat hiding in the corner beside him being all bashful and Mam standing in front of him all star struck <3 wonderful, wonderful! I love that you all got a moment of his time, that was so special <3. Next time ladies!!!

He was saying Hello to Deb, i just happened to be next to her.

:naughty:

So, I'm soooooo late that I'm not sure it's still worth it to do a report :blush-anim-cl: I bet you know everything already, but just in case my opinion counts, here it is :wink2:

The 3 nights were amazing :wub2::wub2: (yes, it's 3 reports in 1 :mf_rosetinted:)

As I said previously, I had big expectations (and was quite worried to be disappointed) but it was so much better than what I was hoping for!

I was seated at different rows each night, but I had everytime a wonderful view on the stage, and that made the whole experience so special :wub2:. The second night I was a little bit more behind so I had a better view on the whole orchestra, and could enjoy it properly (the first night I was so nervous for Mika that I couldn't stop starring at him, praying for everything to be allright :teehee:)

I enjoyed to be seated next to MFCers for each concert, it made the experience even more amazing to be able to share the feelings with you guys, even sometimes without talking, only the eyes could show how wonderful it was for us to live this concerts.

First night: Mika (and me) very anxious, the first part of the show was great but the voice and the movements (mostly with hands, as he had not enough space to move, so of course no dancing :-( ) were a bit too tensed. It was already better on second part of the show. But the whole performance, the choice of the songs (Heroes :wub2: Overrated :wub2: Even Make you happy :wub2: Relax with harp :wub2: BBB and Love you when I'm drunk so crazy with the whole orchestra!! and of course the new songs :wub2:), the way they were arranged with the orchestra, Mika's voice, the OSM (huge!! and the organ!), the wonderful musicians, .... all this blew me away, so much that I was not able to find a way to describe my feelings at the end of it (and it seems I was not the only one)

Edited by Alireine

(Report second part)

Second night: Mika was much more relaxed, maybe even not enough focused for a few songs (imo) but I loved it so much more because it was the Mika that we know and love, making (a few) mistakes, but communicating more with the audience, enjoying the concert, putting life into music. The audience was reacting really good, we had spontaneous standing ovations during the second part of the show (more than the day before). We really wanted to dance :mf_rosetinted:

Third night: It was crazy. During the second part, everybody wanted to do standing ovation for almost every song! :naughty: We so wanted to dance :wub2: And finally Mika asked Simon Leclerc to let us dance on the second Elle me dit :wub2:

It was my first time seeing Ida on stage and she is amazing. And I loved her dresses so much :mf_rosetinted: It was also wonderful to see Max in this adventure, as we all know that he is an incredible singer (go on his Soundcloud to check if not done yet :wink2:)

I loved the relationship between the conductor and Mika, and also seeing that the musicians were having fun themselves was great!

Of course I loved meeting so many MFCers, some of you that I knew from before, some others that I met finally :huglove:

The MFC meeting on Wednesday was so well organized (loved the table set and all the signs for welcoming us!) and it had a lovely atmosphere :wub2: And the cake was the best I ever saw, thank you Mika :wub2:

Also, thank you so much to the mods who managed to organize a M&G for the MFCers, and more generally, thank you for your hard work during this Montreal adventure :huglove: Thank you to all MFCers who helped us, "visitors", during our trip to Montreal, Canadian people you are amazing! :thumb_yello:

So, now this part of the adventure is over, but it's only the beginning of the 4th album era! So many more exciting adventures are waiting for us, right? :wink2:

:huglove:

Hi, here's a translation of what he said. (Most work is from Laura)

Thank you. did you...? who gave me the stick? ah, it's you. well... I don't see myself holding it in the streets.. no, I know, but if I do like this while walking...it's very funny, thank you so much and thank you for coming. I know that you all, some of you came from very far, from all over the place and I really appreciate it, it means a lot. it's so nice to see all your faces in this context. there's some people missing. aaah that's where you are. come, like, come through, there's a lot more room. come through. there you are. hi, how are you? nice to see you. ok, anyway, I just... I did... I see you in the audience, 'cause I can see quite clearly the audience here, and it's great, it gives me a great energy and you follow me in all these various adventures and I hope that the improbability of some of these adventures is exciting to you 'cause it certainly is to me, but I' m glad that the same group that goes to rock out and end up covered in mud and beer and also know how to scrub up and put on some nice jewelry and make up and be fancy with your pinkies out, ' cause that's actually everything that my music is, it's in between all those things and it's like.. it goes against anything that you're supposed to assume, the minute you assume one thing, it becomes something else and that goes with the production, that goes with the shows and the setting and everything and I think that I know, over the course of the years, that you guys see that and believe in that and are all in the same spirit and I thank you for your collaboration and your support, it means the world to me. and I know it doesn't come without much time invested, without much financial investment, it comes with a lot of investment in many different ways and I know what that takes, you know, and that makes it even more valuable, so thank you, very much. so you have to travel so far now to see concerts, but this is pretty ****ing cool and sorry if you don't understand english but someone will translate for you. I won't say it all over again and if you came late, it's like the concert, if you're late you stay out. when I went on stage I saw some empty seats and I thought "it's annoying, why are there empty seats?"

(he then replies to a girl who asked him whether he saw her in the audience waving her lollipop and said the first night she was right behind his mother. she says she had noticed his whole family before her and she couldn't breathe. he then says he would sign things if they wanted.)

How are you? I appreciate that very much but... yes, of course, thank you very much, it's really nice of you. So, you know, my candle is there, in my dressing room. - The "Santa Maria" or? - Yes, exactly, no, the Santa Maria cause it's certainly too strong for the dressing room. It's funny cause [...] I brought it with me [...]. So, we are taking a pic together and then I' ll say good night cause I need to take care of the sponsors. With concerts like this, it's something serious to do them, so we have to say thank you to the bank, thank you to the electricity power group guy, I have no idea

• Like 2

Here are the group photos. Maybe somebody more capable than me could do a job stitching them into one photo.

Thank you so much for these pictures! :flowers2: Could we have them in full resolution, please?

On another note, does anyone know if the overture was specially written for the occasion? Or was it an already existing piece?

Thank you so much for these pictures! :flowers2: Could we have them in full resolution, please?

On another note, does anyone know if the overture was specially written for the occasion? Or was it an already existing piece?

I asked myself the same question & i don't know... i'd like to think it was written for the occasion :blush-anim-cl:

Hi, here's a translation of what he said. (Most work is from Laura)

Thank you. did you...? who gave me the stick? ah, it's you. well... I don't see myself holding it in the streets.. no, I know, but if I do like this while walking...it's very funny, thank you so much and thank you for coming. I know that you all, some of you came from very far, from all over the place and I really appreciate it, it means a lot. it's so nice to see all your faces in this context. there's some people missing. aaah that's where you are. come, like, come through, there's a lot more room. come through. there you are. hi, how are you? nice to see you. ok, anyway, I just... I did... I see you in the audience, 'cause I can see quite clearly the audience here, and it's great, it gives me a great energy and you follow me in all these various adventures and I hope that the improbability of some of these adventures is exciting to you 'cause it certainly is to me, but I' m glad that the same group that goes to rock out and end up covered in mud and beer and also know how to scrub up and put on some nice jewelry and make up and be fancy with your pinkies out, ' cause that's actually everything that my music is, it's in between all those things and it's like.. it goes against anything that you're supposed to assume, the minute you assume one thing, it becomes something else and that goes with the production, that goes with the shows and the setting and everything and I think that I know, over the course of the years, that you guys see that and believe in that and are all in the same spirit and I thank you for your collaboration and your support, it means the world to me. and I know it doesn't come without much time invested, without much financial investment, it comes with a lot of investment in many different ways and I know what that takes, you know, and that makes it even more valuable, so thank you, very much. so you have to travel so far now to see concerts, but this is pretty ****ing cool and sorry if you don't understand english but someone will translate for you. I won't say it all over again and if you came late, it's like the concert, if you're late you stay out. when I went on stage I saw some empty seats and I thought "it's annoying, why are there empty seats?"

(he then replies to a girl who asked him whether he saw her in the audience waving her lollipop and said the first night she was right behind his mother. she says she had noticed his whole family before her and she couldn't breathe. he then says he would sign things if they wanted.)

How are you? I appreciate that very much but... yes, of course, thank you very much, it's really nice of you. So, you know, my candle is there, in my dressing room. - The "Santa Maria" or? - Yes, exactly, no, the Santa Maria cause it's certainly too strong for the dressing room. It's funny cause [...] I brought it with me [...]. So, we are taking a pic together and then I' ll say good night cause I need to take care of the sponsors. With concerts like this, it's something serious to do them, so we have to say thank you to the bank, thank you to the electricity power group guy, I have no idea

thank you girls :flowers2: