Talk about you - Lyrics & Song Discussion

Just woke up to it and it's making me smile. Thank you for the link, Eriko!

Now to figure out where I put the speaker that makes my computer sound louder, as this laptop is at full volume and still not doing it justice...

To be honest, I don't like the song very much :blush-anim-cl:

I have a problem with the chorus, and especially with the fact that it is too repetitiv. The second half of the song doesn't bring anything new in the lyrics or rythm / melody. So I'm bored :mf_rosetinted:

The verses are ok for me, I like the melody even if the words or the subject of the song itself are not very original imo.

But if all of you like it, it means it can be a huge success on radio and that's really good! :thumb_yello:

And I must admit that the chorus has been stuck in my head for 2 hours now. Which is a problem as I don't like it :mf_rosetinted: but I guess it's positiv for the future of this song :wink2:

I have a problem with the chorus, and especially with the fact that it is too repetitiv. The second half of the song doesn't bring anything new in the lyrics or rythm / melody. So I'm bored :mf_rosetinted:

The verses are ok for me, I like the melody even if the words or the subject of the song itself are not very original imo.

But if all of you like it, it means it can be a huge success on radio and that's really good! :thumb_yello:

And I must admit that the chorus has been stuck in my head for 2 hours now. Which is a problem as I don't like it :mf_rosetinted: but I guess it's positiv for the future of this song :wink2:

You'll never know, it might grow on you :naughty:

Bonjour tout le monde ! Aujourd'hui j'ai passé 3H avant de trouver le moyen de vous écrire ! Ne rigolez pas mais j'ai beaucoup de mal à m'adapter sur un ordi!

Bref, on a tant attendu ce nouveau single !! Et si Mika a fait le ménage pour se vider la tête pour enlever le stress de la sortie de son single et bien je pense qu'il peut être rassuré, en voyant tous les messages sur tweeter et FB ! On peut dire We talk about you Mika! Pour moi, je danse déjà sur cette chanson, j'aime énormément!

P.S: je vais essayer de venir plus souvent sur le site mais c'est dur pour moi! En tout cas je ne suis peut-être pas très active sur le site mais je suis de tout coeur avec vous !

I totally agree, I don't think it's the song I'd like as the title album one.

BUT the fact that the song is stuck on our head, it's positive and make radios broadcast it easily.

So, Yo, Mika, Yo.

Just heard it! good lyrics, super catchy, but not as melodic as past Mika tunes, but of course I love it :thumb_yello:

It's new, it's fresh, it has set up house in my brain, it makes me want to dance, truly...what's not to love :wub2:

Now I have to go...need to listen to it again...:naughty:

Not too keen on the song tbh - the chorus lets it down. And when you listen to the stuff in the charts atm this sounds very bland in comparison.

He needs something with a bit of edge to it.

This isn't my favourite Mika song ever but it's very radio friendly and better than anything we've heard in a long time.

Thanks for the lyrics Manon.

Convincin' haters

Rather be crazy than normal people in hell

I think you're right about "jungle" :thumb_yello:

I agree with you. I have heard better from Mika, but the more complicated Mika songs, like OOL, don't seem to cut it on the radio. TAY is much better than many songs we're hearing from other artists, and the chorus sticks in your head. I like the verses too.

I'm very pleased, and I hope all of UK will be pleased too.

:thumb_yello: THANK YOU!! :huglove: I finally could hear it, and YES, I enjoy it!! :wub2: Imo, this might be the best song for radio play since a very long time!! :fisch:

The verses are lovely, but there's a bit too much repeating in the chorus. Anyway, TAY should have a fair chance on the radio charts - it's super catchy, and already stuck in my head, after playing it through just twice!! :teehee:

Thanks also for the lyric - you guys are really quick !!:fisch:

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello: THANK YOU!! :huglove: I finally could hear it, and YES, I enjoy it!! :wub2: Imo, this might be the best song for radio play since a very long time!! :fisch:

The verses are lovely, but there's a bit too much repeating in the chorus. Anyway, TAY should have a fair chance on the radio charts - it's super catchy, and already stuck in my head, after playing it through just twice!! :teehee:

Thanks also for the lyric - you guys are really quick !!:fisch:

Love,love

me

I can't get enough of that repeating :naughty:

I think I like the not-chorus part :biggrin2:

:wub2:

This isn't my favourite Mika song ever but it's very radio friendly and better than anything we've heard in a long time.

Thanks for the lyrics Manon.

Convincin' haters

Rather be crazy than normal people in hell

I think you're right about "jungle" :thumb_yello:

Thank you Manon, Deb and Christine :group_hug:

I have the lyrics written down, edit: thanks to Christine and dcdeb for the comments!

I'll post them under a spoiler so that this post (and quotes) won't be extremely long.

Walk through the city like stupid people do

A million faces, but all I'm seeing is you

I'm stopping strangers and telling them your name

Convincin' haters, one day they'll feel the same

We're common people, we're common people in love

It's supernatural, it's just a force from above

Some call me crazy, some try to make me shut up

If I am crazy, that's what you made me

I said you're the only one I wanna talk about

Yeah it's true, all I do is wanna talk about you

Walk through the jungle that used to be my town

Everything's different, you've turned it upside down

It happened to me, totally unprepared

Just the beginning, but I'm not even scared

'Cause living like this is risking all that I know

And if it kills me, that's the way I wanna go

So pull me under, and put me under your spell

Rather be crazy, than normal people in hell

I wanna talk about you

I wanna talk about you

All I do is wanna talk about you

Walk through the city, like normal people do

But all I'm seeing is you

I wanna talk about you

I wanna talk about you

All I do is wanna talk about you

He keeps singing "crazy" and "about"

Is that a message for me? :bleh:

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Kumazzz!!! Was dying to hear it, and who knows how long we will have to wait to be able to buy it here in the US.

I LOVE IT! It makes me smile and bounce in my chair, and it's oh so catchy! :thumb_yello: It's definitely a little more commercial than some of my favorite obscure MIKA songs, but I think it's going to sound great when I see him on stage this summer! Already got our tickets for the Estivale concert in Switzerland, and I hope he will come to the US as well.:wink2:

He keeps singing "crazy" and "about"

Is that a message for me? :bleh:

Absolutely! :roll1:

This song really make you dance and it get stuck in your head easily! That could work for the summer but i think that the bridge had to have a different melody since the song it's enough repetitive.

Yes, it's repetitive, but for me it's not any worse than Elle Me Dit. That just seems to be the formula for most 3-minute pop songs these days. I'm thinking, "shake it off, shake it off... shake it off, shake it off.." How many times does she sing that? :doh: And "clap along if you feel like a room without a roof... clap along if you feel that happiness is the truth... clap along if you feel..." That just goes on and on. You get the idea. It's still a good song, but more than a little repetitive. :naughty: Anyhow, the repetition doesn't bother me too much in this song. Not like it has in others. ("Oh, Doctor John, what am I doin'? what am I doin' wrong?" :blink: You're singing the same darn chorus over and over and over again, that's what you're doing wrong! :aah:)

Not too keen on the song tbh - the chorus lets it down. And when you listen to the stuff in the charts atm this sounds very bland in comparison.

He needs something with a bit of edge to it.

As much as I would like another completely different song, something "edgier as you say," I don't think that's going to get Mika much radio play right now -- not until he re-establishes himself with audiences who have forgotten who he is/was. :dunno: That's why I'm hopeful for this one -- it has pretty broad appeal, IMO.

As a side note, I often find that the songs I dislike the most (like Shake It Off, see above!) are the ones that get stuck in my head the worst/longest. They don't call them "earworms" for nothing, I guess. :wink2:

I love it!!!!!

:cheer:

love this song too!:mikalove:

Love the begining and this bass to start with....

A song that just make you feel good! What's wrong with that?:mika1:

Of course deeper songs, deeply moving songs that's we are waiting for will come too! It's just a start for the new album!

I'm happy!:woot_jump:

Thank you for the lyrics!:wink2:

I love the message in it!

Edited by valerie-emma