Talk about you - Lyrics & Song Discussion

And maybe this one is also part of the vid. Who knows... :fisch:

10421294_816540025061874_109353798380285

I love this photo! Both look so cheerful  :naughty: The scene with the band was my favorite in the vid. Anyone found out who the drummer was? He didn't look like Ed. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to feel like it's TOOL all over again. Although, on Ken Bruces show, a few weeks back, Ken said the release date is on 18th May, so this leads me to believe, that this is when Mika might start to promote it here leading up to the album release, as by then The Voice will be done with, and he will be starting touring.

But, at this time he will be going off to do the Asian part of the tour, so won't be around to do full on promo for it here, so I'm not sure how this is going to pan out. I just feel a sense of deja vu going on.

i feel the exact same, i'm hoping to be proven wrong, to me far as the UK is concerned,'ts amazing music going to waste. i hate seeing Mika working so hard,just to be ignored by the UK and 18th May is just around the corner, so things need to start picking up ... like NOW ... COME ON MIKA !!!

i feel the exact same, i'm hoping to be proven wrong, to me far as the UK is concerned,'ts amazing music going to waste. i hate seeing Mika working so hard,just to be ignored by the UK and 18th May is just around the corner, so things need to start picking up ... like NOW ... COME ON MIKA !!!

I know and I can't understand it. I never thought Mika would be the type to give up. He worked so hard in the first place, to build his UK fanbase. One festival in Hyde Park is not going to bring him back to us. It's tragic because he has some great songs on this album, and one that could be a sensation (Good Wife) I just can't bear to think of no one in the UK finding out that Mika is back.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
Such a conflict should be avoided with upcoming new songs... :no:
---

Blurred Lineson Their Minds, Songwriters Create Nervously

By Ben Sisario
1763 words
1 April 2019
03:23
NYTimes.com Feed

(A part about TAY from the article)

Ross Golan, a songwriter who hosts the podcast “And the Writer Is ...,” complained that when it comes to negotiations over royalty changes, writers can be left out altogether.

When “Talk About You,” a song he wrote with the pop singer Mika and another writer, was released in early 2015, Mr. Golan said, he was surprised to learn that his share of the royalties had been reduced, and that five new names had been added to the credits — all without his knowledge.

Mr. Golan said he was furious, but the only action he could take was largely symbolic: refusing to grant permission for a few licensing deals down the line.

“I would rather shelve my asset than have someone else sell my integrity,” he said.

But Mika acknowledged that the deal was necessary. In a Facebook post at the time, he said that it was “immediately obvious” that “Talk About You” bore a resemblance to two older songs — “Sarà Perché Ti Amo,” a 1981 European hit by the Italian pop group Ricchi e Poveri, and “I Only Want to Be With You,” a widely covered 1963 earworm by Dusty Springfield — and that it was his choice to share credit with the writers of those songs.

“Some music comes from no where, some is inspired by other songs and others totally reference them,” Mika wrote. “In that case its always good to be crystal clear before a record even comes out.”

Mr. Golan said that what bothered him was less the existence of a deal than the fact that he had no say in it. “If there are/were similarities, they were beyond unintentional,” Mr. Golan wrote in an email. “We’d never heard those songs.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...