thanks everyone, i'm so glad people find it useful!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

WOW !!! Incredible works Kreacher !!!

Could I help you with anything ?

ps :I'm always happy to see your post with your sexy siggy !! :blush-anim-cl:

photobucket pics don't show up on my tablet so i forget my siggy's even there :teehee:

right now there's some info i just can't find anywhere that i was hoping some Mikawhizzes could help with, i updated this post with them.

Whoa. Dee, that is impressive.

:bow:

Not to mention, comprehensive. How long did that take you to put together?!

I've just read through quickly and see a few little typos -- like the word "a" being left out that sort of thing. Shall I just fix those? I also see a few factual things that need to be updated/changed -- I'll PM you about those.

Thanks so much, Dee. This is really something.

yes Deb thank you! There was some info i wasn't sure about that i was hoping others would correct. But about editing my posts to fix the little things, i actually work on this at home using google docs then & copy and paste it here because it works better on my tablet that way so any changes you make i'd lose unless you make some sort of note on it, perhaps add asterisks or change the color?

i began the encyclopedia on March 12th, but i'd been thinking of making one for a while, ever since i found out Kat75 didn't know about the french version of BIOTW

Could you add Salma Hayek ?

wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salma_Hayek

Machine management

http://www.machinemanagement.co.uk/18th-May-Mika-joins-Salma-Hayek-at-Cannes-Film-Festival

Mika joined Salma Hayek on the red carpet at this year's prestigious Cannes Film Fesitval to celebrate the launch of her new animated film 'The Prophet', the world renowned book of poetry by best selling Lebanese author Kahlil Gibran.

The culmination of a 3 year project by Hayek, the movie will play to both adults and children and features voiceovers from international talent such as Liam Neeson, John Krasinski and of course Hayek herself.

Mika and Salma also co-hosted a post screening event before Mika flew to Naples for his forthcoming concert.

Karl Lagerfeld

wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Lagerfeld

Getty images

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/mika-and-karl-lagerfeld-attend-the-rose-ball-2014-in-aid-of-news-photo/481479041

MONTE-CARLO, MONACO - MARCH 29: Mika and Karl Lagerfeld attend the Rose Ball 2014 in aid of the Princess Grace Foundation at Sporting Monte-Carlo on March 29, 2014 in Monte-Carlo, Monaco

i have over 100 entries (and the list keeps growing) left to add as i get time, these two are def on my list :thumb_yello:

Kenny Loggins

thank you so much! i wouldn't have guessed that in a million years :aah: Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1

Mikako Sugamura

A classical pianist, she was a backing piano pianist as a schoolmate of Mika at The Royal College of Music.

In 2010 at Tokyo gig, Mika has talked about her "I've changed my name Mica to Mika when I met Mikako".

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Mikako-Sugamura/1341868920

YT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVmqaFtL3EY

Oooh thank you, i'd forgotten about her! I'll add her in my next update

Can you (or anyone actually) tell me a bit more about To-fu Dolls? Like ive heard of Oyako but i'm confused, is it based on a TV show? Are they made by Bandai? Are they meant to be kids toy? Are they actually call To-Fu, TOFU, or Tofu dolls? Most of the search results i've found are about Mika To-Fu or in a language i don't understand. :doh:

Yes for the bolded question (and adults too xD), there's even a video from Mika's old blog where he gets a tofu doll + house by a fan and plays with it, and actually they're called To-Fu Dolls

I watched that again the other day (for research :mf_rosetinted:) and saw him playing with it, but i wondered who they're actually marketed to :teehee:

Edited by kreacher

Can you (or anyone actually) tell me a bit more about To-fu Dolls? Like ive heard of Oyako but i'm confused, is it based on a TV show? Are they made by Bandai? Are they meant to be kids toy? Are they actually call To-Fu, TOFU, or Tofu dolls? Most of the search results i've found are about Mika To-Fu or in a language i don't understand.:doh:

Yes for the bolded question (and adults too xD), there's even a video from Mika's old blog where he gets a tofu doll + house by a fan and plays with it, and actually they're called To-Fu Dolls

Leftover info & lists which don't really fit in anywhere else...

FOUND IN THIS POST: BAND >> DUETTISTS & COLLABORATORS >> OTHER SONGS/RELEASES >> COVERS >> PLACES

----BAND----

***PLEASE NOTE: For various reasons the regular band members have occasionally not been able to play a concert or two during the dates they are listed as with Mika and other unknown musicians filled in.

REGULAR LIVE BAND: Guitarists: Martin Waugh, Tim Van Der Kuil, Tristan Cassel-Delavois, Clément De Witt -- Bassists: Miley Choi, Dan Rothchild, Jimmy Sims, Max Taylor -- Drummers: Cherisse Ofusu-Osei, Felix Bloxsom, Ed Carlile, Lewis Wright, Joy Joseph, Wouter Van Tornhout -- Backing Singers: Lorna Bridge, Ida Falk-Winland, Saranayde, Sam Smith, iMMa -- Keyboards: Luke Juby, David Whitmey, Marcus Byrne, Curtis Stansfield, Mitch Yoshida, Vincent Bidal.

OTHERS LIVE: people who played/sang with Mika on stage less than 4 times and/or ones I can’t find details about include: Nat the cello player at his KOKO gig in London in 2007 (she was a school friend of Mika’s) -- the horn players at Mika gigs in 2007-2008 -- the string players who joined Mika on stage on his Songs For Sorrow tour in 2009 and at some of his 2011 festivals -- Brad Webb (drummed in Spring 2013 & "Live Your Life" video) -- Matt (drums) (the guy on the far end) and Pete (bass) at the Mobistar gig in September 2014 (Mika introduced them as "the man who's only been playing once before with us, who's been impeccable, we couldn't have done the gig without him is Matt," and "and finally on the bass, the man who's never ever played before with us is Pete") -- the drummer & the backing singer (who looked a bit like iMMa but wasn’t) on Good Morning America in July 2015 (they don’t seem to have played with Mika at any other time) -- Daisy Palmer (drummed at two, if not three, special ‘private’ gigs in 2016) -- Daniele Casari on guitar with Mika at short summer gigs in 2019 -- Jordan Boury on keytar with Mika at short summer gigs in 2019 -- Nicolas Defer on drums with Mika at short summer gigs in 2019 -- Jean-Charles Joyss on trumpet with Mika at short summer gigs in 2019 -- Patric Kuo on guitar with Mika at short summer gigs in 2019 -- this keyboard player in New Caledonia 2020 -- Christian Sean in Quebec in 2022 -- Alban Claudin at Mika’s 2021 private concert in Paris at Salle Pleyel -- Fabio Zacco at I Love Beirut and Soundtrack Of Empathy streamed virtual concerts in 2020 and 2021 -- Also, there are many other unknown one-off musicians that have played with Mika on TV performances and other special times.

QUOTES: ---In a March 19, 2007 article in Pollstar magazine, Mika said: "It's a bit ridiculous, but if you look at someone like Eric Clapton, or even someone like John Mayer, they surround themselves with such good musicians, and it's obvious. So I wanted that, and I wanted them to be young. I wanted a band that I got along with. I didn't want it to look staid or calculated in any way. Because I think that really comes across when you're playing live." Mika also said that the band is "not exactly a record company's marketing wet dream, but we deliver musically."

---In the Live Parc Des Princes Paris documentary Mika said: "My band are a bit of a mixed lot. Most of my band have been with me since the beginning, and we just kind of have evolved together. They’re certainly not hired hands in any way."

---Cherisse tweeted on May 10, 2012: "Hey!Hope all is gd,Just thought you'd like to know that after 7 awesome years the band&Mika have gone our separate ways". 

---Erika Footman (iMMa) tweeted on May 10, 2012: "Please everyone, what Cherisse said is true, Mika is no longer using us, he is going in a new direction, he has not closed the door on us… He is just welcoming other people to the MIKA family"

---In Mika's September 2013 AskAnything Q&A he was asked if he was planning to tour again with the same band. He replied, "I hope so. I love my band at the moment and we all get along. Musicians come and go and when they go it doesn’t mean they won’t come back so a band is a living thing. I like them. They like me. So at the moment we’re all good."

GROUP BAND PHOTOS: 2006 backstage - 2012 onstage - 2014 backstage - 2019 backstage - 2022 onstage

----MUSIC DUETTISTS & COLLABORATORS----

***PLEASE NOTE: This list in not intended to inventory every single person Mika has worked with on songs. To keep it from growing out of control I aim to only add those who appear on his albums, those he’s done at least a few things with, and/or those he has spoken about.

COLLABORATORS: Some of the songwriters, musicians, and producers Mika has written and/or collaborated with who appear on Mika’s albums or singles include: Jodi Marr, Imogen Heap, Nick Littlemore, Pharrell Williams, Peter Mayes, Priscilla Renea, Teemu Brunila, Greg Wells, Matt Hales, Benny Benassi, Skyler Stonestreet, RedOne, Martin Terefe, The Nexus (David Sneddon and James Bauer-Mein), Armand van Helden, The High Highs, Owen Pallett, Hillary Lindsey, Wayne Hector, Klas Ahlund, Mathieu Jomphe, Doriand, Clarence Coffee Jr., Nina Woodford, Clement "ALB" Daquin, Fiona Bevan, Amy Wadge, Jack Savoretti, Mark Crew, Dan Priddy, Renaud Rebillaud, Alex Stacey, Mustafa Omer, James Murray, and others.

DUETTISTS: Mika has done duets many famous singers and musicians, either as studio recordings, live on stage, on TV shows (Stasera Casa Mika duets are listed below), or at concerts, including Emilie Simon, Kendji Girac, Zazie, Danielle de Niese, Christoff, Imogen Heap, Arielle Dombasle, Kylie Minogue, Cœur de Pirate, Johnny Hallyday, Karol Sakr, Paul de Leeuw, Chiara Galiazzo, Fiorella Mannoia, Beth Ditto, Les Enfoirés, Utada Hikaru, Fedez, Zuleika Penniman, Ariana Grande, Morgan, Karen Mok, Kristin Chenoweth, Mariza, Franco Battiato, Priscilla Renea, Virginia Raffaele, Boyzone, Ibrahim Maalouf, The King’s Singers, Jack Savoretti, Danna Paola, Louane, Mashrou' Leila, Soprano, Michele Bravi, Pierre Lapointe, Hamed Sinno, Ariane Moffatt, Baby K, and the other judges/contestants on X Factor Italia and The Voice France.

STASERA CASA MIKA DUETTISTS: 2016 season - Francesco Renga (x2), Coro Manos Blancas Del Friuli, Renzo Arbore, Malika Ayane, Virginia Raffaele (x4), Sanitansamble, Morgan (x2), Banda Rulli Frulli, Michele Bravi and Joan Thiele, Raphael Gualazzi (x2), Emma Marrone, Giorgia, Rossy de Palma, Eros Ramazzotti, Elio, La Piccola Orchestra di Tor Pignattara, Pupo, Chiara (x2), Pierfrancesco Favino, il Coro Papageno, Kylie Minogue, and Patrizia Cavalli. 2017 season - Valentina Bellè, Elisa (x2), Riccardo Scamarcio, Rita Pavone (x2), Fiorella Mannoia (x2), Clean Bandit, Massimo Ranieri (x2), Francesco Gabbani, Giorgia, Caparezza, Edoardo Bennato, Lino Guanciale, Fedez (x2), Gilberto Gil, and Carla Bruni.

QUOTES: ---In an August 2012 interview on the Montreal radio show AllAccessWeekend Mika said, "When I wrote my first album I was surrounded by people from school, and then from college at the Royal College of Music. I was in this gang, I wrote on their--I helped them with their music, they performed in my music, I had this whole gang around me, this community. Second one was very isolated--my second album--and then this one I was like screw it, I wanna find my gang, I wanna find all these people, so I was like let me find all the weirdos to make this record with." [...] "I don't want their sound, I don't want them to write my songs, I just want them in the room, I just want them to make music with me. Collaboration in pop music has now become a very dirty word 'cause when people think of collaborations they're like 'oh, featuring' or they--he went and he bought the song and whatever--I don't know, it can be a bit like--but it's not what happened at all. It was very much, like, let's just make music in a room together and see what happens."

MYSTERY COLLABORATIONS/DUETTISTS: Songwriting and/or performance collabs that were reported online or in interviews by Mika and/or other people but never happened, were credited to one of Mika’s unknown aliases, or are yet to be released include...

-Natalia (mentioned in her newsletter in 2008)

-Amanda Ghost & Boy George (mentioned by George in an interview and on her site in 2008)

-Calvin Harris & a British female singer (Mika mentioned it in a BBC Radio Scotland 2009 interview)

-Dan Wilson (Dan tweeted in April 2011 about writing 2 songs with Mika)

-Swedish music producer and songwriter iSHi (iSHi mentioned it in a December 2011 interview)

-Ellie Goulding (noted by interviewers in 2012)

-Empire Of The Sun (Mika mentioned working on a song for their record called ‘Good Times’ in his 2012 track-by-track for "Kids")

-Martin Solveig (Martin mentioned exchanging ideas in an interview in 2012)

-Eliza Doolittle (noted by a 2013 interviewer that Mika wrote for her under a different name)

-Scott Hoffman AKA Babydaddy of Scissor Sisters and Sarah Hudson (Mika tweeted about it in October 2013)

-Michael Einziger (in March 2014 Mika tweeted about working with him at Hans Zimmer’s studio)

-Paul Williams (Mika tweeted about it in April 2014)

-mystery K-Pop artists (Mika said it in his February 2016 Q&A in Busan, South Korea with fans online)

-Negramaro (they instagrammed a photo of Mika in the studio July 14, 2017 w/ them captioned "first listen in great company #recordingday) 

----OTHER MIKA SONGS & RELEASES----

BONUS DISCS: Some versions of Mika’s albums have been released with a bonus CD or DVD. These include the remix & rarities CD which came with some editions of The Boy Who Knew Too Much (including the Korean 3 disc Magazine Edition and the Asian Tour edition), the 17-track Sadler's Wells live disc which came with some editions of The Boy Who Knew Too Much (including the Korean 3 disc Magazine Edition and the UK and European limited editions), the 2 disc US edition of The Boy Who Knew Too Much which came with a 6-track DVD. Various deluxe editions of The Origin Of Love came with a bonus disc (featuring "Tah Dah", and acoustic versions or some songs in French depending on the edition); also the Korean 3 disc Magazine Edition came with an 11 track DVD. The Korean 3 disc Magazine Edition of No Place In Heaven came with an 8 song bonus disc and a 6 track DVD. For more about all these bonus albums please see the entries about the albums they came with. The No Place In Heaven re-issue came with the 14 song edition of Mika Et L'Orchestre Symphonique De Montréal. For more about it see its own entry because it was also released as a stand-alone album.

DIGITAL EPs: the five song Napster Live Session EP 2006, the nine song iTunes Festival: London 2007 and the six song iTunes Festival: London 2009 (recorded at the iTunes Festival at the Roundhouse in London).

STUDIO OUTTAKES: Several demos made prior to the release of Life In Cartoon Motion were leaked online by an unknown source several years ago. Some, including "Overrated", "I’m Falling", "Stuck In The Middle", "Instant Martyr", and "Your Sympathy", have since been re-recorded and officially released, discussed by Mika, and/or played live in some form. A few others have not been officially released or played live and Mika requested these demo songs not be shared, so until Mika indicates otherwise these other individual songs will not be discussed in this Mika encyclopedia.

OTHER SONGS MIKA IS CREDITED WITH WRITING: "Andiamo A Londra" (written by Mika, Guy Chambers, and Marco Castoldi; recorded by BluVertigo) - "Another Lullaby" written by Mika, Jodi Marr, John Merchant, and Denise Rich - "Bang Bang" (written by Mika and Priscilla Hamilton; became Madonna’s "Gang Bang") - "Black Eyed Sally" - "BOY TOY" (written by Mika and Jodi Marr, perhaps this is "Toy Boy") - "Cancellalo Amore" written by Mika, Jodi Marr, Emanuele Asti, and Desmond Child - "Caroline" written by Mika, Wayne Hector, and Stephen Robson - "Ci Parliamo Da Grandi" (written by Mika (as Alice), Guy Chambers, Eros Ramazzotti, and Niccolo Agliardi; recorded by Eros Ramazzotti) - "Clothes Off" written by Mika, Skyler Stonestreet, Lauren Fownes, and Jonas Jeberg - "Cold Heart" written by Mika - "Cry A Little" written by Mika, Wayne Hector, and Stephen Robson - "Eurobasket" written by Mika and Nicholas Eede (probably became "Relax") - "Fall From Grace" written by Mika (as Alice) and Guy Chambers (became "Ci Parliamo Da Grandi") - "The Fly" written by Mika and Dan Wilson - "Gave It All Away" (written by Mika; recorded by Boyzone) - "Holy Johnny" written by Mika - "How Much Do You Love Me" written by Mika - "I Like It’ written by Mika, Jodi Marr, and Denise Rich - "In Between" - "Ka Tong Ren Sheng" written by Mika (recorded by Amber Kuo) - "Keep Me" (perhaps this is "Overrated") - "Kill Me On The Dancefloor" written by Mika, Martin Johnson, Shea Taylor (perhaps at songwriting camp?) - "Let It Slide (What A Day)" written by Mika, Jodi Marr, and Dan Warner - "Look Don’t Touch" written by Mika and Guy Chambers, "L O V E" written by Mika and Klas Ahlund - "Magic Madness" written by David Sneddon and Mika - "Play My Hand" - "Pray For You" written by Mika - "President" written by Mika and Jodi Marr - "Rain On Me" written by Mika and Guy Chambers (became "Andiamo A Londra") - "Shadows" written by Mika and Ben Garrett - "Show Me" written by Mika, Fiona Bevan, and Jonathan Quarmby - "Sneachta" written by Mika, Jodi Marr, John Merchant, Dan Warner - "Somos Grandes O No" written by Mika (as Alice), Guy Chambers, Eros Ramazzotti, Niccolo Agliardi, and Martin Milagrosa Ortiz - "Trouble Is" written by Mika, Jodi Marr, and Richard Goodman - "Ugly Boy" written by Mika and Guy Chambers - "Want Forever" written by Mika and Dan Wilson - "What I Want To Hear" written by Mika and Guy Chambers. See Mika’s BMI listing and Mika’s repertoire.sacem.fr/en listing for details about these songs Mika hasn’t released.

COMPILATION APPEARANCES: Mika’s songs have appeared on countless compilation albums. A list of many can be found on discogs.com.

----SONGS COVERED BY MIKA----

Songs which Mika covered in full get their own entries, some partially covered songs also have entries.

***PLEASE NOTE: While acting as a judge/coach on X Factor in Italy and The Voice in France Mika performed some cover songs with the other judges or contestants, See the extended information for X Factor and The Voice for a list. On these shows he also sang bits of many songs while coaching the contestants on his team.

PARTIAL COVERS MIKA SANG ALONE: Songs Mika sang/played at least a line of but not the whole thing, without another lead singer, often done impromptu, include: "La Donna è Mobile" from Rigoletto (?) -- "Punky’s Dilemma" by Simon and Garfunkel (in the August 2012 Rock The Games interview, and on episode two of La Musica di Casa Mika radio in November 2016) -- "LDN" by Lily Allen (in the Live In Cartoon Motion documentary 2007) -- "Ash*ta Ga Arusa" by ULFULS (in a June 2007 interview in Japan) -- "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot (in a June 2007 interview in Australia) -- "Konichiwa Bitches" by Robyn (in a June 2007 interview in Australia) -- "Sometimes" by Britney Spears (in a June 2007 interview in Australia) -- "Killer Queen" by Queen (on Taratata in July 2007) -- "Kiss" by Prince (on Taratata in July 2007) *he also sang this on The Voice with the other judges twice -- "Macarena" by Los Del Rio (live onstage at Ibiza in August 2007) -- "Gelato Al Limon" by Paolo Conte (in the Live In Cartoon Motion documentary 2007, and in Mika’s Italian video diary 2009 episode 1) -- "Die Forelle" by Franz Schubert (during a July 2009 Radio Hamburg interview) -- "Via Con Me" by Paolo Conte (on Le Grand Journal’s "La Boîte à Questions" in September 2009) *he also sang this on season 2 of Stasera Casa Mika with Riccardo Scamarcio -- "Laisse Tomber Les Filles" by France Gall, "La Bohème" by Charles Aznavour, and "Une Belle Histoire" by Michel Fugain and Le Big Bazar (on Sacrée Soirée in December 2009) -- "Flying Without Wings" by Westlife (in an October 2012 interview in Dublin, Ireland) -- "Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town" and "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" in an untelevised part of Paul De Leeuw’s Christmas special in December 2012 -- "Blackbird" by The Beatles (in a Vanity Fair Radio interview December 2013, and other times) -- "Fly On The Wings Of Love" by The Olsen Brothers (in a June 2015 interview on Belgian radio) -- "Mr. Sandman" by The Chordettes (during a Mexican interview in April 2016) -- "L’Italiano" by Toto Cutugno (live onstage at Radio Italia Live in June 2018 in Milan) -- "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" by Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane (in a Facebook video in December 2018) -- "Cielito Lindo"  popularized by Quirino Mendoza y Cortés (live onstage in September 2019 in Mexico City) -- "Old Cape Cod" by Patti Page (BBC 2 radio show on October 29, 2019) -- "Petit Papa Noël" by Tino Rossi in December 2019 at Bercy Arena in Paris) -- "(How Much Is That) Doggie In The Window" by Patti Page (instagram post August 17, 2022)

PARTIAL COVERS MIKA SANG WITH OTHERS: Songs Mika sang/played at least a line of but not the whole thing, with another lead singer, often done impromptu, include: "Up Above My Head" by Sister Rosetta Tharpe (on Jools Holland’s "Annual Hootenanny" in December 2007 with many other famous singers) -- "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor (by a piano in the woods at Latitude Festival in July 2009, and reportedly at his launch party in September 2009 as a karaoke duet with Rory Bremner) -- "I Want To Break Free" by Queen (with Randy the Rat on Peter Live in December 2009) -- "Fernando" by ABBA (on El Hormiguero with the show’s host in April 2010) -- a medley with bits of "The Sound Of Music", "Do-Re-Mi", and "Edelweiss" from The Sound Of Music and "You'll Never Walk Alone" from the Rodgers & Hammerstein musical Carousel as a duet with Paul on Paul De Leeuw’s Christmas special in December 2012 -- "I Can’t Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt (at Farta Brutos restaurant in Lisbon with Mariza in May 2016) -- "Bésame Mucho" by Consuelo Velázquez (at Cantafiorista restaurant in Milan with Rosalba Piccinni in April 2017) -- "The Way You Look Tonight" by Fred Astaire (at Radio Deejay’s Rosario Della Sera in May 2019) -- "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer (on Rai Radio2 Social Club in May 2019 Mika sang along with the in-house band near the end)

QUOTES: ---When asked in a 2010 interview with Jools Holland on BBC Radio 2 if he'd like to cover a lot of things, Mika said, "no, I'm terrible at covering things. At least, I don't feel good when I cover songs. I mean, maybe in the future." He also said, "that's why I write my own songs cause I don't--I can write for my voice."

---On BBC Radio 2’s ‘Mika: The Art Of Song’ radio show on New Year's Day 2016 Mika said, "Some songs actually find the glory by, not from the original writer, but by someone covering them and, you know, in the same way at the moment today everyone thinks that to be an artist, you have to write your own songs and that’s fine, but some artists are real artists and they’re just interpreters, they don’t actually write the songs themselves. There’s nothing wrong with that."

STASERA CASA MIKA COVERS: Since there are so many of these I only gave them extended information if he’s performed them other times.

-The songs Mika covered ALONE on his TV show in SEASON 1 were: The Drifters’ "Save The Last Dance For Me" while slow dancing with Sarah Felberbaum. The songs Mika covered AS DUETS on his TV show in SEASON 1 were: Francesco Regna’s "Il Mio Giorno Più Bello Nel Mondo" as a duet with Francesco; Renzo Arbore’s "Si La Vita è Tutto un Quiz" and "Rosamunda" as duets with Renzo; "Io Che Non Vivo Senza Te" as a duet with Malika Ayane; Don Lurio & Lola Falana’s "Testa Spalla" with Virginia Raffaele; Bluvertigo’s "Andiamo A Londra" (co-written by Mika, see it’s entry for more info) as a duet with Morgan; The Beatles’ "Across The Universe" as a duet with Morgan; Hair’s "Let The Sunshine In" as a duet with Michele Bravi and Joan Thiele; Le Gemelle Kessler’s "Lasciati Baciare Col Letkiss" with Virginia Raffaele; Raphael Gualazzi’s "Follia d'Amore" as a duet with Raphael; Ornella Vanoni’s "Domani è Un Altro Giorno" as a duet with Emma Marrone; Alberto Sordi’s "Guardo Gli Angeli Che Volano Nel Ciel" as a duet with Fabio Fazio; Carole King’s "You’ve Got A Friend" as a duet with Giorgia (see it’s entry for more info); Tomás Méndez’s "Cucurrucucú Paloma" as a duet with Rossy de Palma; Fred Bongusto’s "Quando Mi Dici Così" with Virginia Raffaele; Eros Ramazzotti’s "Ci Parliamo da Grandi" (co-written by Mika, see it’s entry for more info) as a duet with Eros; Diana Ross & Lionel Richie’s "Endless Love" as a duet with Elio; Stevie Wonder’s "Pastime Paradise" with La Piccola Orchestra di Tor Pignattara; "Pure Imagination" from the film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory as a duet with Pierfrancesco Favino; Harry Nilsson’s "Everybody’s Talkin" as a duet with Chiara (see it’s entry for more info); "Ave Verum Corpus" with the choir il Coro Papageno; Lelio Luttazzi’s "Chi Mai Sei Tu" with Virginia Raffaele; Paul McCartney’s "Wonderful Christmastime" as a duet with Kylie Minogue (see it’s entry more info); and "Al Cuore Fa Bene Far Le Scale" as a duet with Patrizia Cavalli. 

-The songs Mika covered ALONE on his TV show in SEASON 2 were: a medley of Disney’s "When You Wish Upon a Star", "Everybody Wants to Be a Cat", "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious", and "You Got a Friend in Me"; Joan Osborne’s "One Of Us"; Luigi Tenco’s "Vedrai, Vedrai"; Nada’s "Amore Disperato"; Lucio Dalla’s "L'Anno Che Verrà"; and Enzo Jannacci’s "Ci Vuole Orecchio". The songs Mika covered AS DUETS on his TV show in SEASON 2 were: Lucio Dalla’s "Piazza Grande" as a duet with Elisa; Paolo Conte’s "Via Con Me" as a duet with Riccardo Scamarcio; the traditional "Anninnia, Anninnia" with Elisa and il Coro Femminile Sardo; Rita Pavone’s "Fortissimo" as a duet with Rita; a medley with Rita Pavone of "It's Not Unusual" (sung by Rita), "Datemi Un Martello (sung by Mika), "River Deep - Mountain High" (sung together), "Il Geghegè" (sung together), and "Proud Mary" (sung together); The Beatles’ "The Long and Winding Road" and Cochi e Renato’s "E La Vita, La Vita" as duets with Fiorella Mannoia; Clean Bandit’s "I Miss You" w/ Clean Bandit; Mia Martini’s "Donna" and Massimo Ranieri’s "Se Bruciasse La Città" as duets with Massimo; Adriano Celentano’s "Svalutation" as a duet with Francesco Gabbani; Queen’s "I Want To Break Free" as a duet with Giorgia; some of Kraftwerk’s "The Robots" with Caparezza; Edoardo Bennato’s "L'isola Che Non C'è" as a duet with Edoardo; Sergio Endrigo’s "La Casa" as a duet with Lino Guanciale; Bob Marley’s "No Woman, No Cry" as a duet with Gilberto Gil; and Sylvie Vartan’s "Comme Un Garçon" as a duet with Carla Bruni.

----PLACES----

important locations, cities and countries

***PLEASE NOTE: This list is not intended to inventory every place Mika has visited or toured in.

NOTEWORTHY CITIES: Cities where Mika has done 5 or more concerts as of August 2022 (including known private gigs and showcases) include: Brussels, Belgium; Toronto, and Montreal, Canada; Birmingham, Leeds, London, and Manchester, England; Paris and Toulouse, France; Berlin, Germany; Milan and Rome, Italy; Tokyo, Japan; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Glasgow, Scotland; Seoul, South Korea; Barcelona and Madrid, Spain; and Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York City, United States.

MENTIONED IN SONGS: Cities, US states, countries, and other named places which Mika has mentioned in his songs include: Georgia (the Eurasian country or the state in the USA), Mexico, the Congo (the African river or one of two bordering countries), Berlin (Germany), Rio (Brazil), the Sahara (desert), Cuba, Tulum (Mexico), Hialeah (Florida, USA), Manila (Philippines), Kathmandu (Nepal), Vienna (Austria), Acapulco (Mexico), Rome (Italy), Paris (France), New York City (New York, USA), California (USA), Central Park (large NYC park), Sanremo (Italy), Miami (Florida, USA), Marseille (France).

STUDIOS: Studios were Mika’s albums and songs were recorded include Rocket Carousel Studios in Los Angeles, Capitol Studios in Los Angeles, Sunset Sound Studios in Los Angeles, The House in Los Angeles, Nexus Towers in Los Angeles, Sage & Sound in Hollywood, MSR in New York City, Avatar in New York City, AXIA London, Metropolis Studios in London, Abbey Road Studios in London, Air Studios in London, Miloco The Square in London, Kensaltown Recording Studios in London, Sofa Sound in London, Westpoint Studios in London, Sarm Music Village in London, Assault And Battery 2 in London, World's End Studios in London, Olympic Studios in London, Miami Hitmakers in Miami, Setai Recording Studios in Miami, Red Door Studios in Miami, The Cottage Studio in Miami Beach, Isola Studios in Milan, +30 Studios in Paris, Planet Studios in Montréal, ICP Studios in Brussels, Hollywood Studio.

FIRST POST * # ~ A ~ Ba-Bh * Bi-Bz * C ~ D * E ~ F ~ G * H ~ I ~ J * K ~ La-Li * Li-Lz ~ Ma-Mh * Mika * Mi-Mz ~ N * O ~ P * Q ~ R ~ Sa-Sn * So-Sz ~ T * U ~ V ~ W ~ X ~ Y ~ Z * LEFTOVER EXTENDED INFO * LIVE MIKA TOUR DATES * RECENT UPDATES

Edited by kreacher

I watched that again the other day (for research :mf_rosetinted:) and saw him playing with it, but i wondered who they're actually marketed to :teehee:

fear the to-fu doll

love the to-fu doll

to-fu doll is good

Can you (or anyone actually) tell me a bit more about To-fu Dolls? Like ive heard of Oyako but i'm confused, is it based on a TV show? Are they made by Bandai? Are they meant to be kids toy? Are they actually call To-Fu, TOFU, or Tofu dolls? Most of the search results i've found are about Mika To-Fu or in a language i don't understand.:doh:

TO-FU OYAKO Japanese food characters

were created by Shinichiro Kitai in 1995. they are not only dolls

Kitai, Shinichiro http://2011.singaporetgcc.com/guests/shinichiro-kitai

TO-FU family http://www.102j.com/en/to-fu/family/

MIKA x DEVILROBOTS = MIKA TO-FU http://www.dvrb.jp/w/2010/05/mika-x-devilrobots-mika-tofu.html

"We collaborate with a singer song writer MIKA from U.K.

The name is MIKA TO-FU.

In 2007 at Hong-kong tour, Mika found TO-FU OYAKO at a toy store in Hong-kong, , we presented the TO-FU goods ( Mikasounds Vlog ) through a friend when Mika came to Japan at Fuji Rock Festival in the same year.

And we got an offer of collaboration during this year's world tour from Mika.

Story of collaboration increases, we designed Asia limited edition of the album jacket."

MIKA TO-FU dolls

The original 6inch MIKA TO-FU : multi-color polca-dots on white body, brown curly hair. it was sold by Mikasounds shop and Plaza Hollywood, Hong-kong in 2010. http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/accessories.asp?sku=37557

The blue 2inch MIKA TO-FU : Big yellow M on blue body. it was attached to the Boy Who Knew Too Much Asian edition CD.

http://www.atomplastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/mikatofu.jpg

Stickers : was sold by Mikasounds shop and attached to The Boy Who Knew Too Much Asian edition

http://i.yai.bz/assets/GalleryImage/18/011/L_g0013101118.jpg

Luvluv-mi 6inch doll : the second 6inch doll.

MFC http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25979

TOOL 2inch MIKA TO-FU : wearing Golden M ( heart) on white T with blue jeans. He has orange curly hair.

pic http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff392/eriko-n/2012_OFFICIAL/TOOL/mika_tofu.gif

HMV.HK http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/rockpop.asp?sku=600568

TOOL stickers : http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3817471&postcount=203

BiaIchihara said:
fear the to-fu doll

love the to-fu doll

to-fu doll is good

:aah:

mamiam said:
Congratz with an amazing idea, and great work Dee - I'm impressed!! :-)

But I can't find Grevin Museum on your list !? :-)

Love,love

me

Thanks, well spotted! I thought i'd added it. I certainly researched it, but i guess that was for Wika :teehee: I'll add it monday when i post all my next updates.

Kumazzz said:

TO-FU OYAKO Japanese food characters

were created by Shinichiro Kitai in 1995. they are not only dolls

Kitai, Shinichiro http://2011.singaporetgcc.com/guests/shinichiro-kitai

TO-FU family http://www.102j.com/en/to-fu/family/

MIKA x DEVILROBOTS = MIKA TO-FU http://www.dvrb.jp/w/2010/05/mika-x-devilrobots-mika-tofu.html

"We collaborate with a singer song writer MIKA from U.K.

The name is MIKA TO-FU.

In 2007 at Hong-kong tour, Mika found TO-FU OYAKO at a toy store in Hong-kong, , we presented the TO-FU goods ( Mikasounds Vlog ) through a friend when Mika came to Japan at Fuji Rock Festival in the same year.

And we got an offer of collaboration during this year's world tour from Mika.

Story of collaboration increases, we designed Asia limited edition album jacket."

Thanks for the info. I knew about all the Mika To-Fu's, MFC had those well covered… i just needed some general info about To-Fu stuff.

Edited by kreacher

A few bands who I can remember opening for Mika in the UK, are Palladium, Blue Roses, Erik Hassle, and Royworld

Oooh thank you. I knew about Erik Hassle and Palladium, but the other 2 are new to me. Any idea what years they opened for Mika?

Dee - I can't find this important happening: MFC fundraising Londons Air Ambulance!? :-) And maybe Dita Von Theese deserves a place on your list? :-)

Love,love

me

I'll add air ambulance to my ever-growing list, forgot that one!

I'm already readying a nice long entry for Dita. Trust that pretty much anyone of importance who's hung out with or worked with Mika is on my list :naughty:

Tomorrow i'll add my major updates, then i'll post the list of entries i've left to research & add

Edited by kreacher

I'll add air ambulance to my ever-growing list, forgot that one!

I'm already readying a nice long entry for Dita. Trust that pretty much anyone of importance who's hung out with or worked with Mika is on my list :naughty:

Tomorrow i'll add my major updates, then i'll post the list of entries i've left to research & add

:thumb_yello: You're really doing a huge and amazing job!!:huglove: I hereby annonce you to be our private MIKA oracle! :naughty::mikadas:

Love,love

me

Oooh thank you. I knew about Erik Hassle and Palladium, but the other 2 are new to me. Any idea what years they opened for Mika?

I saw Blue Roses open for Mika during the 2009 acoustic tour -- June 2009.

If you want to include other opening acts, don't forget the Midway State, Gary Go (I saw him open for Mika October 2009) and Sara Bareilles -- she opened for Mika the first time I ever saw him in June 2007.

mamiam said:

Dee - I can't find this important happening: MFC fundraising Londons Air Ambulance!? 🙂 And maybe Dita Von Theese deserves a place on your list? 🙂

Love,love

me

Turns out she was already on the list, under: Von Teese, Dita :teehee:

mamiam said:

:thumb_yello: You're really doing a huge and amazing job!! :huglove: I hereby annonce you to be our private MIKA oracle! :naughty::mikadas:

Love,love

me

Kumazzz said:

added both this and Star Academie to the list to add :thumb_yello:

dcdeb said:

I saw Blue Roses open for Mika during the 2009 acoustic tour -- June 2009.

If you want to include other opening acts, don't forget the Midway State, Gary Go (I saw him open for Mika October 2009) and Sara Bareilles -- she opened for Mika the first time I ever saw him in June 2007.

Yup those are on my list too; i was LITERALLY just looking up support acts actually. I found out about Royworld but Blue Roses remained a mystery to me, so thanks :thumb_yello:

Edited by kreacher