MIKA at FESTIVAL JARDINS DE PEDRALBES, BARCELONA: 10 July 2015

dcdeb

Nina!! Stop shocking me! :sneaky2: tomorrow it's one week. I thought for a moment that i had booked a wrong flight! :aah:

Oh, the gig is on Friday??? I'm so confused now, somehow I thought it's on Thursday! Lol! I'm so sorry Karin, didn't mean to shock anyone  :naughty: But yes, you are right. I will arrive on Thursday and the gig is on Friday. 

• Like 1

Hey all! to everyone coming to the festival...

As it's a seated gig, it'd be easier to organize, etc, so we had an idea...

I've just contacted the festival asking them if we can surprise Mika in the middle of a song, something similar as our beloved Portuguese friends did in 2010 if I'm right, with those golden hearts. He loved it, this show is almost sold out and we all know Mika LOVES Barcelona, so why not?  :wink2:

We can just put something on each seat and raise it during a song (I personally think it would be so lovely if we create a starry sky) or just leave a bouquet of flowers to say thank you for all these years.

I'll tell you what do they say, maybe they have a better idea or maybe they say we can't do anything. 

• Like 3

Of course we can do something like this. I have 2-week travel, so I can't come up with other or better ideas, but I will gladly join yours.

Now we have to choose a song. If something old, it can be LT (he will surely sing it), and if the new we can decide... maybe Good Guys - Mika can easily belong to them, already inspiring people.

Fab idea! :) ofc i'm in. I'd love stars, but the italians already did that in milan for good guys, so it's not new. :dunno: i wish he did rio, then we could hold up palm trees, fitting to the venue. :naughty:

Of course we can do something like this. I have 2-week travel, so I can't come up with other or better ideas, but I will gladly join yours.

Now we have to choose a song. If something old, it can be LT (he will surely sing it), and if the new we can decide... maybe Good Guys - Mika can easily belong to them, already inspiring people.

I think Good guys will be perfect, as he said it was his favorite song of the album!

It's a lovely idea, Becks! Happy to join it. Just let us know what the venue said and what we can do (help, costs, etc)  :thumb_yello:

Awesome Nina! thank you!! I will let you know as soon as I get news from them  :wink2:

Fab idea! :) ofc i'm in. I'd love stars, but the italians already did that in milan for good guys, so it's not new. :dunno: i wish he did rio, then we could hold up palm trees, fitting to the venue. :naughty:

Woohoop!!  :hi5:

The stars thing was just an example (I saw it this morning @ the GMA show  :mf_rosetinted:) but of course we can talk about new ideas! 

IMO it should be something we all can do / prepare at home and then bring it to the venue, so nothing too big/expensive. What do you think?

Anyway, first of all I need to know if we have the ok of the festival... I hope they'll reply on Monday  :crossed:

Becks, mika changes his mind about his fave song on the album all the time... :naughty: the last time he was asked, he said it's ordinary man. :bleh:

As for ideas... these would be the easiest for palm trees: http://www.amazon.de/Palmen-Palmwedel-Cocktail-St%C3%BCck-Vulkan/dp/B002BFM8XO- you get 100 of them for just 3€. ;) but a) i don't know for which song (live your life?), b ) no idea if they're actually recognizable as palm trees or c) even well visible at all from the stage (tho i think the foil might reflect the stage lights).

If you want something (new) for good guys, how about paper crowns? We'd have to make them ourselves tho, unless you know where to get them cheap - and time's a bit short. (Maybe we should ask burger king for sponsoring, they give away such crowns, don't they? :lmfao:)

Edited by mellody

If you want something (new) for good guys, how about paper crowns? We'd have to make them ourselves tho, unless you know where to get them cheap - and time's a bit short. (Maybe we should ask burger king for sponsoring, they give away such crowns, don't they? :lmfao:)

Sorry for stepping in, but I thought I had to tell you that paper crowns for Good Guys were already used at Caribana festival in Switzerland last month, therefore that wouldn't be new either

Italian fans (not sure, I never found out who) had prepared paper crowns (with a cut M in them) for Caribana. They looked really nice but also like lot of work, lol! Stars are easy and they fit so well with Good Guys (which he probably will perform) so I don't think it's a bad idea even it's used before. It should be something easy to recognize and if not stars so maybe crowns. On the other hand palm trees would fit well with the venue and gardens! Hm...

Edit: I have a picture of paper crowns used at Caribana but never learnt how to add a photo on mfc.

Edited by tiibet

ok thanks, i didn't know about the paper crowns at caribana. yeah, in this case i guess stars would be the better choice, if both ideas aren't new. they're easier to make.

Becks, mika changes his mind about his fave song on the album all the time... :naughty: the last time he was asked, he said it's ordinary man. :bleh:

As for ideas... these would be the easiest for palm trees: http://www.amazon.de/Palmen-Palmwedel-Cocktail-St%C3%BCck-Vulkan/dp/B002BFM8XO- you get 100 of them for just 3€. ;) but a) i don't know for which song (live your life?), b ) no idea if they're actually recognizable as palm trees or c) even well visible at all from the stage (tho i think the foil might reflect the stage lights).

Ohhhhh I like the idea! But I'm afraid they're too small as they're for cocktails  :(

I'm watching the GG video again and again, but I only see the crowns, confetti and the sparklers 

And talking about the song, we should know the setlist before... I'm sure he will sing TAY, of course, but what about Good Wife? All She Wants... Rio? Promiseland???  :dunno:

The BK idea is actually good...  :mf_rosetinted:

Sorry for stepping in, but I thought I had to tell you that paper crowns for Good Guys were already used at Caribana festival in Switzerland last month, therefore that wouldn't be new either

Italian fans (not sure, I never found out who) had prepared paper crowns (with a cut M in them) for Caribana. They looked really nice but also like lot of work, lol! Stars are easy and they fit so well with Good Guys (which he probably will perform) so I don't think it's a bad idea even it's used before. It should be something easy to recognize and if not stars so maybe crowns. On the other hand palm trees would fit well with the venue and gardens! Hm...

Edit: I have a picture of paper crowns used at Caribana but never learnt how to add a photo on mfc.

What if we put stars only on the upper seats, like a real sky, even with a moon, and another thing for the central area?? e.g. the crowns for the good guys... so we combine both, and that's new!

Edited by Meeks

What if we put stars only on the upper seats, like a real sky, even with a moon, and another thing for the central area?? e.g. the crowns for the good guys... so we combine both, and that's new!

There's already a big plan to make a sky like that for the Adelphi gig so maybe it's easier to use only one shape with this short notice? I just remember from Milan that stars worked really well and the audience full of stars looks pretty cool even if the idea is not new :)  Good Guys can be related to crowns as well as stars (like Happy Ending with hearts and TAY with houses/city view) but the crowns I saw at Caribana looked very complicated to cut so there needs to be a plan how to make them! Lol! I'm definitely not very handy with creating things! I wonder how many people will take part of this?

Nina, it doesn't have to be complicated, here's an example of a simple crown: http://theoutlawmom.com/2011/03/04/two-minute-marker-monster-and-paper-crown-queen/... and i guess the similarities to the adelphi plans are still small enough if we combine stars and crowns. I also wouldn't do a full sky with moon etc tho.

About the setlist, i guess it'll be similar to previous gigs, since he didn't have time to rehearse new songs. :dunno: let's see what he does in montreal.

More ideas:

- Colorful cardboard/paper fans (easy to do at home)

- Balloons or something that glows in the dark (it will look fabby with the lights of the venue, maybe we can draw something on the paper fans with a special paint)

- A few big animal faces and flowers as in TAY distributed among the audience

Btw If I don't receive any email on Monday, I'll personally call them

I love the idea with the paper fans! It's easy and it fits to spain (with the fans of the flamenco dancers). :thumb_yello:

About glow in the dark stuff - do they have those uv lights at the venue, like mika had in 2010 for the planets? If they do, i have some stuff at home for this that i could bring. But just glow in the dark items without that light would only glow if it's very dark.

Nina, it doesn't have to be complicated, here's an example of a simple crown: http://theoutlawmom.com/2011/03/04/two-minute-marker-monster-and-paper-crown-queen/... and i guess the similarities to the adelphi plans are still small enough if we combine stars and crowns. I also wouldn't do a full sky with moon etc tho.

True, that doesn't look complicated at all. I just had the Caribana crowns in my head and they had a very complicated cut with letter M in them. 

There are only 37 tickets left! I think it will be sold out by Friday :D

This is fab news!!!  :thumb_yello:

More ideas:

- Colorful cardboard/paper fans (easy to do at home)

- Balloons or something that glows in the dark (it will look fabby with the lights of the venue, maybe we can draw something on the paper fans with a special paint)

- A few big animal faces and flowers as in TAY distributed among the audience

Oh I like paper fans and also the idea of animal faces/flowers for TAY!  :thumb_yello:  To be honest, this is a VERY short notice and I know at least I have a busy week ahead so I cant do anything time consuming but if you choose something super easy like paper fans or those animal faces and flowers here and there among the audience i will do my best to take part. The venue can't have anything against something like that or can they?

I love the idea with the paper fans! It's easy and it fits to spain (with the fans of the flamenco dancers). :thumb_yello:

About glow in the dark stuff - do they have those uv lights at the venue, like mika had in 2010 for the planets? If they do, i have some stuff at home for this that i could bring. But just glow in the dark items without that light would only glow if it's very dark.

True, that doesn't look complicated at all. I just had the Caribana crowns in my head and they had a very complicated cut with letter M in them. 

This is fab news!!!  :thumb_yello:

Oh I like paper fans and also the idea of animal faces/flowers for TAY!  :thumb_yello:  To be honest, this is a VERY short notice and I know at least I have a busy week ahead so I cant do anything time consuming but if you choose something super easy like paper fans or those animal faces and flowers here and there among the audience i will do my best to take part. The venue can't have anything against something like that or can they?

I like the idea about fans!

Btw, I remember in Madrid in 2012 we queued in Burger King and someone brought a crown to the gig, so Mika wore it and then all the team :)

Glad to see you all like the fans idea! As Nina said, I don't think the festival will deny something like that, but it'd be great if they can help us a bit with the organization and stuff like that.

I know the gig is next Friday and we have so little time, but let me see what can I do. There are around 2,300 seats (but nope, i can't do 2,300 fans all by myself  :mf_rosetinted: ). I need to see if we can make it on time or not... 

We also have the idea of a bouquet of flowers at the end of the gig, for example.That's way easier to organize and still a surprise for our golden boy  :wink2:

We wouldn't need help from the venue with the fans, i think. They still would have to give their ok tho, because all the paper that gets thrown away will be a lot of rubbish for them to clean. Unless we offer to collect the thrown away papers.

Anyway, let's say 2000 fans, not every single person will want one. The easiest way would be to print folding lines and instructions in spanish and english on a din a4 sheet of coloured paper, and put those on the seats, for the crowd to fold themselves. If you prefer folding to printing, we'd still need an instruction sheet or sticker that says for which song/s. What would you think about live your life and (in the unlikely case he doesn't play that) love today?