MIKA at FESTIVAL JARDINS DE PEDRALBES, BARCELONA: 10 July 2015

dcdeb

We wouldn't need help from the venue with the fans, i think. They still would have to give their ok tho, because all the paper that gets thrown away will be a lot of rubbish for them to clean. Unless we offer to collect the thrown away papers.

Anyway, let's say 2000 fans, not every single person will want one. The easiest way would be to print folding lines and instructions in spanish and english on a din a4 sheet of coloured paper, and put those on the seats, for the crowd to fold themselves. If you prefer folding to printing, we'd still need an instruction sheet or sticker that says for which song/s. What would you think about live your life and (in the unlikely case he doesn't play that) love today?

Live Your Life would be perfect, with all the clapping and stuff, it's the most "Spanish" song he has  :naughty:

I'd need to check prices, maybe if we buy bigger sheets it will be cheaper. But let's wait and see what do they think 

• Like 1

Just if you want to print it yourself and have as little work as possible (which would make sense regarding the short time), din a4 would make more sense. Unless you own an a3 printer. ;) anyway i could offer to print some a4 sheets - i just don't know whether i'll have time to go shopping for coloured paper, i do have some at home, but that's 50-100 sheets maximum. :dunno:

we could print pics of his heroes and show them for GG. Now I have to read back what this fan idea was.

O.k. even with the idea of the bucket I´d be in . But I don´t have a printer so I couldn´t help with fans ( whatever this means ) but I´d like to be part of it

Edited by Sabine64

Ok, so this is what they told me:

- Bouquet of flowers with message from the MFC: OK! I will go there before they open the doors and give it to them

- Jessie J performed there a few days ago and he told me the fans did something similar with some din A4 paper hearts, all white, and it was so nice. Then for another song they raised all the mobiles with the lantern app and he said it looked so so beautiful, as the venue is pretty dark (I see this as a great idea for Good Guys, what do you think? We just need to tell everyone at the entry, no need to buy/bring anything)

- If we go on with the idea of the fans, we better hand in the things we're gonna prepare once we're inside the venue, it's not safe if we put them on each seat (problems with the wind, rain (?), etc.)

- Then I told him we have so little time and he said we could do the hearts thing because it is easy to do and everybody can do it at home (as we only need white paper and scissors) There are 2,100 seats, but with 500-1000 it'd be perfect.

- He also said OK if we want to do something with bigger stuff, like big letter balloons among the audience saying "MIKA", the TAY animal faces and flowers we said or something like that (with the natural palm trees behind, it'd be like a real jungle!)

- I asked if we can give the bouquet to Mika at the end of the last song instead, and he said that was actually a good idea, as it will be live and in front of everyone, not inside his dressing room.

So in general, they have no problem at all if we want to do what we were talking about, but I'll need to contact them again with a final answer asap.
  • Like 2

I'd go with the fans, they're new, related to spain, and it's just as easy as hearts - you don't even need scissors. If we can't get enough coloured paper, why not do white ones, especially for the back rows - there white ones can probably be seen better that e.g. dark blue, when it's dark.

But it's up to you, it was your idea. ;) just tell me if you want me to prepare hearts or fans. Can't help with the animal masks etc tho, it's too much for me in the short time. But ofc i'd take part if you bring some.

Thanks Becks! :thumb_yello: So nice from the venue! A big bucket of pretty flowers is always a good idea :wub: Just let us know how we can help and if is okay to give the money on Thu/Fri or if we need to paypal you or to someone else!

If the venue is dark we could just pass the message and ask everyone to use their mobile during a selected song instead of hearts or fans? The time is very limited. But just tell what you would like to do and we will try to help...

• Like 1

I'd go with the fans, they're new, related to spain, and it's just as easy as hearts - you don't even need scissors. If we can't get enough coloured paper, why not do white ones, especially for the back rows - there white ones can probably be seen better that e.g. dark blue, when it's dark.

But it's up to you, it was your idea. ;) just tell me if you want me to prepare hearts or fans. Can't help with the animal masks etc tho, it's too much for me in the short time. But ofc i'd take part if you bring some.

I think the best thing to do right now is the mobile thing, let me see if I can find some colored paper (off to the shop right now :dog: ). 

The flowers, if you want, we can meet on Friday morning, before the event and buy it all together, what do you think? 

Edited by Meeks
  • Like 2

I've been talking to another Spanish fans and we've been discussing a great idea:

During the gig: the mobile thing, which is free and easier to organize (again, which song do you prefer? Good guys?)

Then we can give him the flowers as a symbolic act after his last song and in the dressing room we're going to prepare a typical Spanish food basket, not too big as we know he will have dinner later, it's like some little "tapas", we're going to add a good champagne (maybe 2 bottles, for the band as well) and Spanish wine, Iberian ham, beer cupcakes with his name and a special card with a message for him and our names.

For the flowers and the basket, it'd be 5 euros/person in total. If you're sure you want to participate, please let me know!  :thumb_yello:  :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Hello Becks and everybody, I like all your ideas, and above all, the fact that we organise any common action is something special for him and for us. Driving all the way from Toulouse on that day, I will arrive pretty late (9 PM?), but of course you can count with me for the flowers. As we will be 2 (me and my husband), you can count on 10 EUR from us. Looking forward to spending that wonderful night with you!

• Like 1

I think the best thing to do right now is the mobile thing, let me see if I can find some colored paper (off to the shop right now :dog: ). 

The flowers, if you want, we can meet on Friday morning, before the event and buy it all together, what do you think? 

I've been talking to another Spanish fans and we've been discussing a great idea:

During the gig: the mobile thing, which is free and easier to organize (again, which song do you prefer? Good guys?)

Then we can give him the flowers as a symbolic act after his last song and in the dressing room we're going to prepare a typical Spanish food basket, not too big as we know he will have dinner later, it's like some little "tapas", we're going to add a good champagne (maybe 2 bottles, for the band as well) and Spanish wine, Iberian ham, beer cupcakes with his name and a special card with a message for him and our names.

For the flowers and the basket, it'd be 5 euros/person in total. If you're sure you want to participate, please let me know!  :thumb_yello:  :thumb_yello:

Count me in for flowers and basket. How can I give you the money? I´m sure the other German fans who come with me will also take part, I´ll tell them right now.

• Like 1

Count me with the flowers and the basket. I can give you de money before the doors open or inside of the venue, We are at the first row so it wont be difficult to meet you.  :wink2:

• Like 1

Thank you all, so lovely!!

The money thing, I will buy the bouquet on Friday, so please feel free to come with me and help me choose the best one! I will go with another fan who lives in Barcelona, she knows the best places to buy flowers  :thumb_yello: If you cant come and still want to participate, maybe the best and faster way is in person, during the gig or before, if possible, as we will have the money to buy it.

Once I get your 5 euros, I will ask you for a name to write on the card we will give to Mika with the flowers and the basket.

(Please let me know before this THURSDAY 9 if you're in, as I will buy everything on Friday and I need to check how many money we will have for the bouquet and the basket. I'm doing a list with all of you who already told me you're going to participate, I will post it tonight  :thumb_yello: )

I will be in Barcelona from Wednesday, so if anyone wants to meet before the gig, just let me know!  :hug:

Hello Becks and everybody, I like all your ideas, and above all, the fact that we organise any common action is something special for him and for us. Driving all the way from Toulouse on that day, I will arrive pretty late (9 PM?), but of course you can count with me for the flowers. As we will be 2 (me and my husband), you can count on 10 EUR from us. Looking forward to spending that wonderful night with you!

Salut Claire !

Thanks for letting me know! I will see you inside the venue! Please send me a DM here with the name of your husband so I can write both 

Edited by Meeks

Like i said, i'm in with 5€.

As for the fans, how about if we just do it among mfcers and maybe the first few rows, then we don't have to prepare hundreds and thousands but it might still look nice?

And the phone lights, i think they've been done for underwater before, but for good guys they'd also be nice as "stars". And/or (if he plays it, like in montreal) for no place in heaven. :wub2:

• Like 1

Like i said, i'm in with 5€.

As for the fans, how about if we just do it among mfcers and maybe the first few rows, then we don't have to prepare hundreds and thousands but it might still look nice?

And the phone lights, i think they've been done for underwater before, but for good guys they'd also be nice as "stars". And/or (if he plays it, like in montreal) for no place in heaven. :wub2:

The lights is not new, but for a nice song would be perfect! 

What if he starts the gig with NPIH ? Maybe it's too soon  :dunno:

Edited by Meeks

List for the BCN project. Let me know if your name is missing.

I will close the list on TUESDAY 7 at 18:00 GMT/UTC+2 (Spanish time)

Participants:

- Graciosa

- Mellody

- Claire (x2)

- Abealma (x3)

- Sabine

- Tiibet (x2)

- MarianMay

- Asun C.

- Lidia A.

- QueenElisaII

- Dreamy_Queen

- Nicole Henke

- Neeeims

- Pandora_Z

- Tina78

- valerie-emma(x2)

- Ogiue

- krysady

- Priscilandia

- anna_zgz

- Nuria (x2)

- Meeks

Edited by Meeks

I'm on with the bucket and all this stuff. I will drive from France with my family (we have 2 week trip), so I have no idea when we will arrive. But as soon as I arrive I will go to the venue, hope it will be no later than at 7 PM.

Edited by Dreamy_Queen
  • Like 1

I'm on with the bucket and alll this stuff. I will drive from France with my family (we have 2 week trip), so I have no idea when we will arrive. But ass soon as I arrive I will go to the venue, hope it will be no later than at 7 PM.

Awesome! I'll add you!  :thumb_yello:

Please, count on me, you know I'm not on the forum as much as I'd like (when Im not on sick leave Im too busy xD), but yes, for sure. Anything for our Mika :) :)

After all the GREAT, SUPAH, AMAZING and FANTASTIC work he has been doing over the last months he deserves the best! :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

OMG! :aah:It has been a very big and beautiful surprise to me. A real gig, no quequing, seated, front row, relaxing and enjoying the best artist on earth and with a very good fellowship, sister and friends. :wub2:Some pics from the venue :wink2:Auditori_frontal.jpgAuditori1.jpg1402263493250.jpgAuditori_2_1.jpg

Wow! Thanks for the pics!! It seems a really good place! I'm looking forward to be there!

I would like to contribute to the flowers if it is possible.
  • Like 1

Ok so, to make it easier for some of you, I'm going to send you a PM with a bank account number so you can transfer your total asap, and hopefully we will have most of the total amount before buying everything. 

Therefore, if you're on the list and you want to do a bank transfer, it would be perfect if you can do it today, Tuesday 7, so the money will be available on Friday (we all know how the bank transfers work...it usually takes around 2/3 days) If not, you can still do it later but it will be a bit messy. (Sorry for the hurry, but we are running out of time) 

Ok now... good news!! We have already reached 100 euros!! :hi5:  I'll count on that budget to plan what to buy (bigger bouquet, better champagne, etc.) so I really willy willy hope no one on the list it's already uploaded will leave the project...  :crossed:

If you're in but you changed your mind, please contact me as soon as possible (today basically :mf_rosetinted: )

And one last thing, I see Thursday is too late, so I will also close the list of participants on TUESDAY 7 at 18:00 GMT/UTC+2 (Spanish time)

That's all for today! Off to bed now!!  :bed:

Edited by Meeks