Album News: "No Place In Heaven" to be Released 15/16 June 2015!

dcdeb

I think that there are different versions of this repacking.

In fact, here's the official tracklist of the italian version..you'll notice that we have more tracks

CD 1 - No Place In Heaven

1 All She Wants
03:39 MIKA
2 Talk About You (CD Version)
03:22 MIKA
3 Good Guys
03:23 MIKA
4 No Place In Heaven
03:20 MIKA
5 Staring At The Sun
03:35 MIKA
6 Last Party
7 Hurts
03:37 MIKA
8 Oh Girl You´re The Devil
02:51 MIKA
9 Good Wife
03:18 MIKA
10 Rio
04:08 MIKA
11 Ordinary Man
03:46 MIKA
12 Promiseland (Bonus Track)
02:59 MIKA
13 Porcelain (Bonus Track)
03:19 MIKA
14 L´amour Fait Ce Qu´il Veut (Bonus Track)
03:25 MIKA
15 Boum Boum Boum (Bonus Track)
16 Beautiful Disaster (Italian Version)
03:43 MIKA, Fedez
17 Center Of Gravity (Italian Version)
03:24 Franco Battiato, MIKA
18 Hurts (Remix)
19 Feels Like Love
03:04 MIKA
20 Beautiful Disaster
03:44 MIKA

CD 2 - ALBUM SINFONICO

1 Toy Boy (Orchestra Version)
04:05 MIKA
2 Grace Kelly (Orchestra Version)
3 Underwater (Orchestra Version)
03:42 MIKA
4 Boum Boum Boum (Orchestra Version)
03:52 MIKA
5 Relax (Take It Easy) (Orchestra Version)
03:11 MIKA
6 Last Party (Orchestra Version)
04:10 MIKA
7 Origin Of Love (Orchestra Version)
05:02 MIKA
8 Happy Ending (Orchestra Version)
05:38 MIKA
9 Over My Shoulder (Orchestra Version)
04:53 MIKA
10 Good Guys (Orchestra Version)
04:20 MIKA
11 Rain (Orchestra Version)
04:09 MIKA
12 Any Other World (Orchestra Version)
04:48 MIKA
13 Love Today (Orchestra Version)
04:25 MIKA
14 Elle Me Dit (Orchestra Version)
04:29 MIKA

Link: http://www.universalmusic.it/pop/artista/discografia/?ccidp=31649014999

• Like 1

Sylvie, where did mika say this about promiseland? I don't follow the italian press much atm, as most seems to be abot xf anyway. 

Faccia a faccia interview, we are about to post it in the subtitles thread 

Most of the countries hadn't the chance to buy the albums with the French songs, but putting them on the repackage those countries don't only get 3 or 4 new songs, they also get 3 or 4 songs added to their collection they hadn't had the chance to add them to their collection earlier. 

Most of the countries don't care about French stuff. 

But in my opinion the most important part of this repackage is the symphonic CD. 

Indeed, and there's only half of the symphonic gig, cause the second CD is a lame repackaging instead of being about the symphonic gig. 

You don't have to agree with everything your idol does

I've never had an idol in my whole life. 
Maybe my parents were, when I was 3, but I'm really done now with worshipping anybody.

In fact, here's the official tracklist of the italian version..

Oh, bummer, I guess this ends my moaning. :biggrin2:
Promiseland is there and it's not even a bonus track anymore, and all the good songs stand. 

Now, that's a repackaging I can definitely buy. 

Too bad that on his official website there's only the french version. :shocked:

Edited by Elwendin
  • Like 2

if he ma de spanish or italian song you don't want them? I don't understand this point of view ....It's an artistical choix of an artiste i love so i respect It

No. My musical tastes are not derived from Mika's artistic choices or the choices that anyone else makes for any reason. My desire to listen to one song and not another is internal and based on 47 years of listening to music, my cultural and life experiences. I don't understand why anyone would even considee replacing their own taste with what a total stranger likes/wants to create.

That doesn't mean I am not open at all to foreign language music or interested in listening to something I would not have otherwise discovered except for Mika. I have always liked Elle Me Dit a lot, I saw Yelle live several times as a headliner (and not just opening for Mika) and I saw Christine and the Queens this summer. But I am not going to listen to something I don't like because of Mika or anyone else.

Additionally I don't think Mika is competent enough in Italian or Spanish to write good songs in those languages and I find it ridiculous that he is getting others to write Italian and French lyrics for him instead of sticking to his own (English) songs. I can't imagine how hiring someone else to write your lyrics so you can produce a foreign language song can be considered an artistic choice and not a commercial one. I would think Mika could write French lyrics himself but his reliance on and collaboration with Doriand is what puts me off most of these French songs. Even their English attempt Blame it on the Weather is the worst thing Mika has ever done. I would rather poke my ear drums out with an ice pick than listen to that.

It's actually funny 'cause I live in Belgium (and you may know or you don't, but we have a Dutch speaking part and a French speaking part and language is still a big issue here...). Funny thing is, as a Dutch speaking person who isn't really in love with the French language I only wanted to buy the French deluxe version 'cause of the extra songs, which I wanted 'cause my idol made them and so they're part of his repertoire. Problem was, that version was only released in the French speaking part of our very little country and actually very hard to get hands on in the Dutch speaking part.

I think an artist has the freedom to create stuff he likes and loves and doesn't have to think about what might sell and what might not sell. It's okay to no be in love with some songs, and you don't have to understand all of the songs you listen to. So, then again, I don't think fans (or well, some of them, but I'm sure not all of them) will let this album left aside 'cause it's a re-issue or it includes French songs or whatever. I think most fans will buy the album because of the second disc anyway. And let's face it, the price would have been the same either way. Now you only get a few extra songs you didn't have before. You can perfectly skip those few French tracks (which are actually quite okay by the way).

If Mika were doing this for his own enjoyment, to listen to himself, all well and good.

But it is for his worldwide fanbase, and I will repeat this very loudly, NOT ALL OF WHOM ARE MEMBERS OF MFC, and certainly not all lovers of the foreign language songs. Also this is being released to SELL to said fans, to make money, so if they take one look at the track listing and decide not to buy, then he isn't going to make money from it.

I suspect people might think I am not a fan of the foreign language songs. NOT true. I can't get my head around singing along to them, which is frustrating at gigs, but I do like EMD, and BBB.

And despite what people might assume, the UK isn't adverse to foreign language songs, over the decades many of them have got to #1 in the charts here.

But that said, I know that a fair amount of people here (the UK) don't like them, so that is why some foreign language songs don't do well here.

And as I've said in another thread, how the album sells here, is down to promo, which at the moment doesn't seem to be top of Mikas to do list.

• Like 1

Ah, that italian version sounds much better - thanks lu! :flowers2: i wonder if it's a different version of beautiful disaster on those 2 cd versions. Tbh i'm not keen on buying both, but if on the "french" version the song is without fedez' rap, i might actually love it... :aah: and well, let's see about that new french song... if it's anything like karen or j'ai pas envie, i want it too. But still no symphonic heroes on either version, sigh...

• Like 1

In fact, here's the official tracklist of the italian version..you'll notice that we have more tracks

CD 1 - No Place In Heaven

1 All She Wants

2 Talk About You (CD Version)

03:22 MIKA

3 Good Guys

03:23 MIKA

4 No Place In Heaven

5 Staring At The Sun

03:35 MIKA

6 Last Party

7 Hurts

8 Oh Girl You´re The Devil

02:51 MIKA

9 Good Wife

03:18 MIKA

10 Rio

04:08 MIKA

11 Ordinary Man

03:46 MIKA

12 Promiseland (Bonus Track)

02:59 MIKA

13 Porcelain (Bonus Track)

03:19 MIKA

14 L´amour Fait Ce Qu´il Veut (Bonus Track)

15 Boum Boum Boum (Bonus Track)

16 Beautiful Disaster (Italian Version)

03:43 MIKA, Fedez

17 Center Of Gravity (Italian Version)

03:24 Franco Battiato, MIKA

18 Hurts (Remix)

19 Feels Like Love

03:04 MIKA

20 Beautiful Disaster

03:44 MIKA

CD 2 - ALBUM SINFONICO

1 Toy Boy (Orchestra Version)

04:05 MIKA

2 Grace Kelly (Orchestra Version)

3 Underwater (Orchestra Version)

03:42 MIKA

4 Boum Boum Boum (Orchestra Version)

03:52 MIKA

5 Relax (Take It Easy) (Orchestra Version)

03:11 MIKA

6 Last Party (Orchestra Version)

04:10 MIKA

7 Origin Of Love (Orchestra Version)

05:02 MIKA

8 Happy Ending (Orchestra Version)

05:38 MIKA

9 Over My Shoulder (Orchestra Version)

04:53 MIKA

10 Good Guys (Orchestra Version)

04:20 MIKA

11 Rain (Orchestra Version)

04:09 MIKA

12 Any Other World (Orchestra Version)

04:48 MIKA

13 Love Today (Orchestra Version)

04:25 MIKA

14 Elle Me Dit (Orchestra Version)

04:29 MIKA

Link: http://www.universalmusic.it/pop/artista/discografia/?ccidp=31649014999

Now that version I would buy, if only for the Hurts remix. Sad that I will have to import it from Italy.

Re Froy: I don't think anyone but hardcore fans are interested in buying French songs. I am from Holland and I barely know anyone who would be interested in French songs. It is just not a good strategy and because some would like it doesn't mean the general public is interested in those songs.

The point is not him releasing a French version. The point is that no choice is given to non-French speakers who are more interested in his English songs. As I said, I would be more than happy to buy the one with the tracklist above but I am not given the choice because they will only sell the French version here. This is all not about doing what Mika wants. Rereleasing cds is always with the purpose of making money.

• Like 4

I really don't know what I will buy  :fisch:  In the French version (I don't if it's only the French version, or the international one ?), I'm interest about the new song: "Je Chante" but there isn't Promiseland and Porcelain (and I don't like "Tant que j'ai le soleil"). In the Italian version there is Promiseland and Porcelain, but there isn't "Je Chante" and  "J'ai Pas Envie" (that is one one my favorite French song, with Karen for ex). And I clearly not love "Center of Gravity". 

The thing is: there is more songs that I love in the Italian version, BUT I already have them on the deluxe version... 

I think I would love to have only the OSM version (with ALL the songs) and in bonus: Je Chante, Beautiful Disaster (both version), Center of Gravity (even if I don't like it), Hurts and Feels like love. 

• Like 3

I forget who said it (admittedly much more politely), but I love, love, love the beautifully simple suggestion that they put a lot of boring foreign songs on the same release as the OSM stuff in order to please the boring old farts that normally buy orchestral music :roll1:

Edited by Soaring Simpson
  • Like 1

If Mika were doing this for his own enjoyment, to listen to himself, all well and good.

But it is for his worldwide fanbase, and I will repeat this very loudly, NOT ALL OF WHOM ARE MEMBERS OF MFC, and certainly not all lovers of the foreign language songs. Also this is being released to SELL to said fans, to make money, so if they take one look at the track listing and decide not to buy, then he isn't going to make money from it.

I suspect people might think I am not a fan of the foreign language songs. NOT true. I can't get my head around singing along to them, which is frustrating at gigs, but I do like EMD, and BBB.

And despite what people might assume, the UK isn't adverse to foreign language songs, over the decades many of them have got to #1 in the charts here.

But that said, I know that a fair amount of people here (the UK) don't like them, so that is why some foreign language songs don't do well here.

And as I've said in another thread, how the album sells here, is down to promo, which at the moment doesn't seem to be top of Mikas to do list.

Well, Mika doesn't choose to do or not to do any promo, that's down to his record company. I can't recall where I read or heard he said something about doing promo, but it was something about his record company who stopped doing promo after only a few weeks for TOOL. I think we shouldn't complain about Mika not doing any promo 'cause the man is touring almost non-stop, even if there is no new album to promote. 

And like said: re-packs is the record company deciding (not Mika, 'cause Mika hadn't probably much to say about a re-pack or a stand-alone version) to put out an album they know will make money out of fans by putting a few "new" (read: recycled) songs and something extra (in this case: OSM disc). 

• Like 1

Well, Mika doesn't choose to do or not to do any promo, that's down to his record company. I can't recall where I read or heard he said something about doing promo, but it was something about his record company who stopped doing promo after only a few weeks for TOOL. I think we shouldn't complain about Mika not doing any promo 'cause the man is touring almost non-stop, even if there is no new album to promote. 

And like said: re-packs is the record company deciding (not Mika, 'cause Mika hadn't probably much to say about a re-pack or a stand-alone version) to put out an album they know will make money out of fans by putting a few "new" (read: recycled) songs and something extra (in this case: OSM disc). 

It is not just the record company who decides on the promo. Mika has a say in that as well. Don't believe everything Mika says :P

And I'm sure Mika had a say in the re-pack because after the Paul de Leeuw show he was talking about it and he seemed excited about it.

• Like 1

He barely tours at all lately, this year is the first time he has remotely toured properly, festivals aren't tours, they are just performances separate from a tour,so hardly non stop I'd say, and certainly not it all his markets, Australia, S. Africa, S.America, Mexico and Ireland, to name a few haven't seen him in ages! So where is the promo there?

Festivals are promo, i would say.

Anyway i remember him saying that his record label stopped the promo for TOOL after just a few weeks. And iirc, in the next sentence he said that this meant for him to take it in his own hands, that if he wants to promote his music, he can't rely on his label (anymore). This was followed by the decision to do xfactor. Which, admittedly, brought him lots of publicity, new fans and record sales in italy. So well, maybe if we just sit and wait long enough, one day he'll be famous enough in italy so he won't have to do much promo there anymore to sell his music, and he can go back to doing promo in other countries. He does promo all the time, but only in italy and france. Just a fact, not a complaint (anymore, i'm used to it by now :lmfao:). And somehow this discussion is starting to get similar to that in the fb&twitter updates thread... :teehee:

• Like 1

I've just read this http://www.mikafanclub.com/index.php/_/mika-news/no-place-in-heaven-re-issue-due-out-november-13-r59, so I think we shouldn't expect a third repackaging to be available

So I guess you can either settle for the french stuff or order it from italy. Or buy none, of course.

I think I'll go for the italian one. 

• Like 2

On my recent trip to France, I bought all his albums with the French songs (not available on US itunes)!!! I love his french songs  :thumb_yello: 

He obviously has fond childhood memories of France, let him be!  

• Like 5

On my recent trip to France, I bought all his albums with the French songs (not available on US itunes)!!! I love his french songs :thumb_yello:

I agree with you and I actually love his French songs :D

• Like 2

On my recent trip to France, I bought all his albums with the French songs (not available on US itunes)!!! I love his french songs  :thumb_yello:

:) The first time a saw MIKA in a TV talkshow, Skavlan 09.03.07, he said this: "I had a guite charmed, perfect life when I was living in Paris.  Growing up as a little Parisian brat, which I'm very proud of - it's still very much in me. When I go to a restaurant, you know it's there"   So yes, he has good memories of France, and has told it,  in endless interviews later.  I don't mind at all if he mixes songs on his albums.  I love the French language, even I unfortunately don't understand so much of it.  But MIKAs songs I love, mostly because he's such an amazing singer, and also because he expresses so much,  with his voice, that honestly I don't need to understand every word of the lyric - to appreciate it.  I would not even think about being upset, because he has a couple of French songs in his albums, or when he performs those live - at whatever arena it is! :)  MIKA is a multicultural person - and come on - we're all living in an international society, don't we?! :wink2: Each and everyone has to pic what we like, and skip the rest.  I'm happy that MIKA isn't a predictable and boring artist.  I like that he constantly comes up with new projects -  find it very exciting, and I enjoy seing himself so happy and satisfied with his life... :wub:  

Love,love

me 

• Like 4

On my recent trip to France, I bought all his albums with the French songs (not available on US itunes)!!! I love his french songs :thumb_yello:

Nobody here says that he cannot do French songs. But there are a lot of non-French people who want the option to buy this rerelease with English songs instead. Why is that difficult to understand? I have nothing to do with his childhood memories. I prefer the Italian tracklist which is unavailable to me unless I import it from Italy.

I am glad you love the French songs, but that does not mean everybody has the same opinion. I wonder why so many Mika fans (not aiming at you specifically) have such a hard time dealing with the fact that not everybody loves everything he does or has other preferences.

• Like 1

I wonder why so many Mika fans (not aiming at you specifically) have such a hard time dealing with the fact that not everybody loves everything he does or has other preferences.

It's really unreal. I have never encountered this anywhere in my life except when talking to fundamentalist religious people. We are all supposed to praise and buy music we don't like because...why? Because a popstar is proud that he learned to be rude to waiters while growing up in Paris? What does that have to do with me not wanting to buy an album full of songs written by some random French guy whose music I can't stand in order to listen to a beautiful rendition of Any Other World or Happy Ending?

There is certainly an argument to be made for artistry. If Mika wants to make an album full of terrible songs he can knock himself out. But what we are talking about here is having to import an album from Italy of all places in order to get the music he is producing that we do want. Just when I think the circumstance of being an English fan of an English artist has become as absurd as it can be, it becomes even more absurd. English fans needing to go to Italy to get English music is beyond ridiculous and what a select group of fans think about his French songs and how much Mika loved his childhood in France is totally irrelevant. It is still ridiculous.

Edited by Christine