Album News: "No Place In Heaven" to be Released 15/16 June 2015!

dcdeb

Edit: still no Make You Happy (my personal favorite track). Still no Overrated. This song is so underrated (pun pun)

Yes these are the two I wanted more than all the rest combined :crybaby: Some of these I would never listen to because they don't work as orchestral songs IMO. Relax is surprisingly good though. It's on iTunes so I am just going to get the tracks I like.

Edit: still no Make You Happy (my personal favorite track). Still no Overrated. This song is so underrated (pun pun)

Yes these are the two I wanted more than all the rest combined :crybaby: Some of these I would never listen to because they don't work as orchestral songs IMO. Relax is surprisingly good though. It's on iTunes so I am just going to get the tracks I like.

Both of those two songs were also in my top symphony list. I agree about Relax, it works really well, I love the symphony version  :wub:

I got mine too and I really really love the new design, the colours. Well done Mika and Yasmine.

I also love the new Hurts, Feels Like Love and the solo Beautiful Disaster but can´t warm up with Je Chante ( maybe it will grow on me by the time ) and the OSM Album is out of this world......

I got mine too and I really really love the new design, the colours. Well done Mika and Yasmine.

I also love the new Hurts, Feels Like Love and the solo Beautiful Disaster but can´t warm up with Je Chante ( maybe it will grow on me by the time ) and the OSM Album is out of this world......

Same here, maybe after I listen to it a few times, but right now it isn't my favorite song ;)

Absolutely love the new design as well.

Hello,

Do you know if I order on Amazon.CA if I have to pay extra taxes for import and customs in Belgium ? I can't find the information

i think generally if you get sent something from outside the EU, you need to pay extra taxes. in germany you don't have to pay anything tho if the price (including shipping!) is under 22€. maybe you can find more info on the belgian customs website?

YAAS! Too happy. Thank you! 

He said in a Canadian interview that some songs are suitable for an orchestral arrangement,while other don't. That's why he didn't put Overrated on the album. And I agree with him.Overrated and Make You Happy are great live for hardcore fans,but not that great in a symphonic version,and for ordinary people. Anyway,he said we will get them on Como DVD,so everyone could be pleased  :thumb_yello:

And he said he'll do more symphonic concerts in the future as well,this is the interview : http://www.lapresse.ca/arts/musique/musique-classique/201511/13/01-4920433-mika-et-losm-sur-disque-un-souvenir-emerveille.php

Edited by krysady

In my opinion a re-release wasn't necessary of No Place in Heaven, I'm not too fond of any of the 'new' songs. But the symphonic disc should have been a full-release of the full gig, 'cause that disc sounds so amazing and breathtaking. His music really works well in these arrangements. Totally fan of that part of the album, so bit of a shame it isn't released as a stand-alone, 'cause I can imagine it would have created some attention of the media!  

He said in a Canadian interview that some songs are suitable for an orchestral arrangement,while other don't. That's why he didn't put Overrated on the album. And I agree with him.Overrated and Make You Happy are great live for hardcore fans,but not that great in a symphonic version,and for ordinary people. Anyway,he said we will get them on Como DVD,so everyone could be pleased  :thumb_yello:

And he said he'll do more symphonic concerts in the future as well,this is the interview : http://www.lapresse.ca/arts/musique/musique-classique/201511/13/01-4920433-mika-et-losm-sur-disque-un-souvenir-emerveille.php

I thought that symphonic versions of Overrated and MYH worked far better than for example GK and LT. Well happy if we can have those on DVD! Oh, and more symphonic concerts! Yes please!  :fangurl:

• Like 2

He said in a Canadian interview that some songs are suitable for an orchestral arrangement,while other don't. That's why he didn't put Overrated on the album. And I agree with him.Overrated and Make You Happy are great live for hardcore fans,but not that great in a symphonic version,and for ordinary people. Anyway,he said we will get them on Como DVD,so everyone could be pleased   :thumb_yello:

I kind of agree with Make You Happy, but not much with Overrated. I think Overrated was the one that sounded the most orchestral (after Heroes or HE) because it had a modernist classical vibe to it that all the other ones didn't. It sounded a little like this song by Debussy (my classical mind is calling me). Listen to the ending, it sounds like the intro of Overrated a little... And in general, the chords are very similar to Overrated (hope you understand what I mean   :blush-anim-cl:).  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu4KObwynSc 

This spacey esthetic made this song so unique... I still think it's a shame that he didn't include it. But thank God he didn't skip Heroes 'cause now I would've been clearly mad. 

Edited by RayaBadran

Got my copy of the OSM cd this morning! :dance_man:

:thumb_yello: How lucky you are!! :)  I suppose it will get high rotation this weekend !  :teehee: I've listened to the snippets - thanks a lot for the link Catherine! - and it gives me goosebumps!!  :naughty:  Especially HEROES, AOW, OMS - and of course the last one EMD - where we were allowed to "take part"   :yes:  :fisch:  So so so happy to have experienced these wonderful three gig nights, in a row - the time of my life... :wub:  :wub: 

Love,love

me  

I thought that symphonic versions of Overrated and MYH worked far better than for example GK and LT. Well happy if we can have those on DVD! Oh, and more symphonic concerts! Yes please!  :fangurl:

I kind of agree with Make You Happy, but not much with Overrated. I think Overrated was the one that sounded the most orchestral (after Heroes or HE) because it had a modernist classical vibe to it that all the other ones didn't. It sounded a little like this song by Debussy (my classical mind is calling me). Listen to the ending, it sounds like the intro of Overrated a little... And in general, the chords are very similar to Overrated (hope you understand what I mean   :blush-anim-cl:).  

But thank God he didn't skip Heroes 'cause now I would've been clearly mad. 

Overrated have some parts a little too repetitive,the same as Make You Happy,these songs are quite "heavy" for an ordinary ear,IMO  :blush-anim-cl:  While other songs that I've never expected are incredibly good as an orchestral version,like BBB,GG,Toy Boy,and the biggest surprise : Heroes!  :wub2:  So I agree with you,it's great that he put it on the tracklist  :thumb_yello:

And YES for more symphonic concerts!!  :punk:

• Like 1

Overrated have some parts a little too repetitive,the same as Make You Happy,these songs are quite "heavy" for an ordinary ear,IMO  :blush-anim-cl:  While other songs that I've never expected are incredibly good as an orchestral version,like BBB,GG,Toy Boy,and the biggest surprise : Heroes!  :wub2:  So I agree with you,it's great that he put it on the tracklist  :thumb_yello:

And YES for more symphonic concerts!!  :punk:

Yes totally agree with you about BBB being a fab positive surprise and Heroes absolutely outstanding really, my biggest favorite from these concerts! Toy boy is great as a symphony version but I kind of expected that. 

• Like 5

I'm really loving the 2nd cd, especially BBB, Elle Me Dit and Origin of Love! :wub2:

I've heard Heroes as well and I loved it so much, so sad it's not on the cd. :tears:

Apparently the Canada version has 16 songs, so I ordered that too..

I ordered that from here

http://m.archambault.ca/p/ACH003782743/?token=4IicGyu3WFSSi4l1i0yA5kT99B4

Edited by yang

Apparently the Canada version has 16 songs, so I ordered that too..

I ordered that from here

http://m.archambault.ca/p/ACH003782743/?token=4IicGyu3WFSSi4l1i0yA5kT99B4

Nah, I already got the Repack now, I don't think I'm going to buy another cd just for 2 more songs, that would be crazy. But thanks for noticing me about it! :D