Last Party: Short Film by Peter Lindbergh

dcdeb

I don´t know what to say...it´s perfect. You cant describe it :blush-anim-cl:. I´m charmed. Mika is the best artist on the world. In the whole video its just shot on him...nothing else. And, you must to watch whole video! You are not bored...his movement sing with him. Who else can do that?? :wub2:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...I think that he looks more like a devil and a zombie crossed with Rob Lowe, than like Mika...

I didn't care much for the art myself. Glad it's not just me.

Last Party on YouTube

[YOUTUBE]vvuOw8Z0Pwg[/YOUTUBE]

:thumb_yello: YES, I found it there myself today - and I'm very pleased to know that lots more people than MFCers now will see it! :fisch: This sad and beautiful song, and utterly fab. vid. deserve to get as much attention as possible!! :wub2: I do hope people now will understand how HUGE a singer/songwriter MIKA really is...:mikadas:

Love,love

me

I love this video/film/movie/whatever you want to call it. :wub2:

I'm not going to quibble over the terminology. Maybe they called it a film vs a video, because that gives it a little more weight, makes it seem a little more important than a promotional video. :dunno: Yes, I did originally expect something more along the lines of the Origin of Love video, but after seeing this, I'm not at all disappointed. I love this for so many reasons. For the stripped down look, as you say, Sylvie, and the dramatic, atmospheric feeling that black & white lends to the whole thing. But most of all because it's just Mika, not hiding behind any other characters or props, not pretending to be anything other than himself. He's not awkward in any way, not mugging for the camera. He just seems very natural, very sincere and genuine. I'm not saying that he's not aware of how affecting and moving this performance is. I'm sure he is. But he looks directly into the camera as if he's looking directly at a single person in the audience -- you, the viewer. As if you and he are the only ones there in that moment. And he totally sells the song. At least, it totally works for me. Call me a :fangurl: but I think it's fantastic.

I would to reply to this thread but you've already found the perfect words that express exactly how I feel about it. The first time I watched this video I almost cried, it's so deeply intense and I like the b/w choice because it makes the viewer focus on the words and the meaning of the song. Simply pure and true.

After soooo many "tv faces and smiles for the cameras" (:teehee:) I appreciate this video at all.

I love this video/film/movie/whatever you want to call it. :wub2:

I'm not going to quibble over the terminology. Maybe they called it a film vs a video, because that gives it a little more weight, makes it seem a little more important than a promotional video. :dunno: Yes, I did originally expect something more along the lines of the Origin of Love video, but after seeing this, I'm not at all disappointed. I love this for so many reasons. For the stripped down look, as you say, Sylvie, and the dramatic, atmospheric feeling that black & white lends to the whole thing. But most of all because it's just Mika, not hiding behind any other characters or props, not pretending to be anything other than himself. He's not awkward in any way, not mugging for the camera. He just seems very natural, very sincere and genuine. I'm not saying that he's not aware of how affecting and moving this performance is. I'm sure he is. But he looks directly into the camera as if he's looking directly at a single person in the audience -- you, the viewer. As if you and he are the only ones there in that moment. And he totally sells the song. At least, it totally works for me. Call me a :fangurl: but I think it's fantastic.

I totally agree with you Deb! What a great video !!! That particular dramatic atmosphere and Mika's interpretation... so natural and touching.... love it! :wub2:

I would to reply to this thread but you've already found the perfect words that express exactly how I feel about it. The first time I watched this video I almost cried, it's so deeply intense and I like the b/w choice because it makes the viewer focus on the words and the meaning of the song. Simply pure and true.

After soooo many "tv faces and smiles for the cameras" (:teehee:) I appreciate this video at all.

Just to tell you ....I agree with you :thumb_yello:

Love it!

Youtube blocked the vid in Germany as usual which is so so so annoying because it means no Promotion via this vid :sneaky2:

Why are YouTube doing that? This isn't affiliated to Universal, it is a completely unconnected site.

Why are YouTube doing that? This isn't affiliated to Universal, it is a completely unconnected site.

because we have a firm called Gema who want to have money from Youtube to pay the autors and owners of music for every click and Youtube says it´s much too much and they won´t pay for it so they block all these Videos. So we can´t watch them and Yt doesn´t have to pay....... But for Gema it doesn´t matter that artists can´t do Promotion for nothing via YT in Germany..... it´s so so so annoying

Yes Sabinbe, it is annoying and frustrating and you know how Gema and YT reacted as I contacted them, each blame it on the other, say they will try to find a way but after so many years I do not believe it any longer:sneaky2::sneaky2::tears::tears:

Can you still watch it on the Nowness site?

yes we can watch on Nowness but it would be so much better for Promotion if we could send the YT link to radio stations or even to TV People and many People would stumble about this vid on YT. No one will look for a Mika vid on Nowness but on YT

yes we can watch on Nowness but it would be so much better for Promotion if we could send the YT link to radio stations or even to TV People and many People would stumble about this vid on YT. No one will look for a Mika vid on Nowness but on YT

You could send the Nowness link to radio and tv stations, I have sent it to a few DJs here already.

Hi MFC :wink2:

I did not know this song (I haven't watched the Montreal videos yet) and hadn't ordered it on Itunes because I wanted a physical CD in June :teehee:

But, the first time I saw this video on MIKA's FB, here is my reaction :

"MIKA this is the first time I am listening to this song and it is absolutely divine :wub2: , I had tears rolling on my cheeks...:tears:

I have been loving you for the beginning of your career and , so far , that is "Happy Ending" who makes me cry at each gig...:wub2:

The video is beautiful , simple but expressive...:thumb_yello:"

--------------

Consequently, I have ordered the album on Itunes :teehee: to be offered this song right now and listen to it everywhere (car, bathroom, at work :blush-anim-cl:), this is my new "Happy Ending" which was one the most emotional to me :tears::wub2:(with "Any Other World").

Probably because it is just :

Piano + Mika + Strings at the end :mikalove:

At first sight, I thought Mika was angry (because I did not know the song), then I realized it was sadness...

My heart and breathing had a "stop" when he sang with his angel voice without any lyrics :shocked::wub2:

And the tears suddenly came :tears: I could not stop them.

His face is so expressive, he does not need anything else than his voice, even the piano is not necessary when he sings without lyrics...:wub2:

Moreover, he looks like an angel standing like this on a white shirt against a dark wall :mikalove:

Keeping on going crescendo like this with his hands up make the song even stronger to me :wink2:

The first time I heard it, I could not understand all the lyrics, that is to say that Mika can sing anything with this kind of voice or rhythm and that can be beautiful and powerful :thumb_yello:

Well, I love this video, it is perfect to me...:thumb_yello:

MIKA does not always need to jump everywhere with a lot of people in colorful clothes or drawn colorful cartoons to be suggestive or emotional :wink2:

Edited by Sweetieval

:thumb_yello: Please, release this song :crossed: Many people would love it!!!

I didn't like Boum Boum Boum and I love Mika's new choices too :wub2:

Mac-boll, my friend :hug love:, I do think exactly like you do :thumb_yello:

Yes, this song has to be released... for me the too new songs are in the way of LICM, in a way that made me fall in "musical love" with Mika

(I am not saying TBWKTM and TOOL were bad, not at all :wink2:)

To be honest, I did not really like all the songs in French (apart from "Karen")...when people ask me if I am still loving what Mika's singing, I usually say "yes, but what he is singing in french is sh**" I did not like "Elle me Dit" that much and we do not need french songs here, we have enough other singers for that :naughty:

Sorry, that is not the right place to write that but I had to make it clear somewhere :wink2:

because we have a firm called Gema who want to have money from Youtube to pay the autors and owners of music for every click and Youtube says it´s much too much and they won´t pay for it so they block all these Videos. So we can´t watch them and Yt doesn´t have to pay....... But for Gema it doesn´t matter that artists can´t do Promotion for nothing via YT in Germany..... it´s so so so annoying

:blink: I was wondering about the same as Rose, and even you explain the reason very well here, I don't understand how this firm Gema can do this, and make YT block all these vids !! :shocked: I thought all artists would be very happy to be on YT, without any payment! :blink: Imo, it gives them lots of attention, and lead to people buying their music...:fisch:

Love,love

me

:blink: I was wondering about the same as Rose, and even you explain the reason very well here, I don't understand how this firm Gema can do this, and make YT block all these vids !! :shocked: I thought all artists would be very happy to be on YT, without any payment! :blink: Imo, it gives them lots of attention, and lead to people buying their music...:fisch:

Love,love

me

it´s only one example how many things in Germany work...... When I asked Gema about it they told me it wouldn´t be about the artists but about the writers and Composers. I don´t know how it´s handled in other countries but it works there.