British Summer Time Festival, London 21 June 2015

mari62

I look on it as not just Mika, not just a festival but also the meet up with friends, a weekend in London and a chance to see No.1.

So for me the whole package is worth it. :wink2:

I'm hoping for other meet-ups later in the year :crossed:  and need to keep my money for that

I didn't explain that very well.

If you like the other acts, then the price is OK.  But it's a lot of money if you're only interested in seeing Mika.

It is indeed.  Particularly when you take into account accommodation and travel etc. :thumb_yello:

we'll arrive late evening on friday :) can't wait to see you all again! It's been a while! For me the price was ok as I'm not only interested to see Mika. Kylie, Years&Years, Grace Jones... I mean that's a really good line-up! AND I can combine that with a trip to my beloved city on the island <3

Hi, guys! My name is Jonc (and you might know me from the drawings posted on the fanpage, or the Swatch Signing Session - or my tumblr, jencuyeh) and I'm also going to the BST - but all alone, and feeling a little bit anxious about that! Is there going to be any fan gathering, or anything? I would just love to meet some Mika fans on this festival, making this event even more amazing! 

Anyway, feeling also great about joining the fanclub finally - took me too many years! 
Love, from Jonc. xxx

Hello guys!

How is everyone doing?

I will also be attending the festival on Sunday?

What time and where are we meeting up?

Is anyone queing?

:D

Hi, guys! My name is Jonc (and you might know me from the drawings posted on the fanpage, or the Swatch Signing Session - or my tumblr, jencuyeh) and I'm also going to the BST - but all alone, and feeling a little bit anxious about that! Is there going to be any fan gathering, or anything? I would just love to meet some Mika fans on this festival, making this event even more amazing! 

Anyway, feeling also great about joining the fanclub finally - took me too many years! 

Love, from Jonc. xxx

Hello :bye:  Welcome to the fan club. :welcomeani:

I'm not sure that anyone will be queueing.  I think most of us have premium tickets and we'll get early entry with that.  

I guess we could arrange to meet up at a certain time and certain gate, but there seems to be lots of different entrances

depending which ticket you have. :dunno:

Hello guys!

How is everyone doing?

I will also be attending the festival on Sunday?

What time and where are we meeting up?

Is anyone queing?

:D

I will be in the Premium ticket queue, I think there will be a few queues, as there are differing entry times and entry points. :thumb_yello:

Edited by RAK1

Oh, I do myself have a priority entry and I don't think I'll be able to queue much early before the opening time, 'cause I work till 2am the day before, so I understand - guess we will just meet on the spot! I will be wearing red rose flower crown probably, you can just poke me and say hello c:

We went for the general admission so I guess wel'll be waving at you from the gutter!! :)

abby and I have general admission tickets too. I know how impossible it can be sometimes to meet by chance so maybe we should exchange numbers? Doesn't sound like there will be many of us in general admission so it would be nice to meet up. - anyone else in general admission - feel free to PM your number too and we will see if we can meet up?

A week from today :boing:

When is everyone else arriving in London?

Just checked and only 10 have rsvp'd. I'm surprised there are not more going to this.

I hope he announces UK dates soon.

I have only just realised that I needed to RSVP again... Maybe others are the same?

I've just responded to the RSVD !  :thumb_yello: I have priority tickets for me and hubby! :fisch:  We had our honeymoon tour to London, and now, 40 years later, we return to this city, which surely has changed a lot,  after all these years! :naughty: Btw, I was there with my daughter in Dec. 1996 - singing Christmas songs by the Norwegian tree, at Trafalgar Square... :)  

Do you, or anybody else,  know now, when MIKA will perform ?  :wub:  Acc. to the tic,  we can enter at 12 - but I doubt hubby is willing to stay there till late evening! ;)  I hope the weather will be good - and that it will be a huge music party, with many good artists!  :fisch:Of course I'd love to see again both you, Sharon and Kath - whom I was lucky enough to meet in Montreal  :wub:  And also to meet, for me,  "new" MFCers - that would be great!  :yes:   Time will show what happens next Sunday!  :wink2:

And YES, now MIKA really should announce UK dates asap!!  :)

Love,love

me

glad you can make it! I hope that you and your husband have a lovely weekend. I hope we get chance to meet... I only have a 'cheap' ticket though!

Hi I'm new here.  Does anyone know whether this festival will be available to watch on TV?  I can't go :( but I would still like to see it somehow.

I am sure that there will be lots of footage on YouTube but I don't think the whole festival will be on... Don't know though. Sorry.

abby and I have general admission tickets too. I know how impossible it can be sometimes to meet by chance so maybe we should exchange numbers? Doesn't sound like there will be many of us in general admission so it would be nice to meet up. - anyone else in general admission - feel free to PM your number too and we will see if we can meet up?

I have only just realised that I needed to RSVP again... Maybe others are the same?

glad you can make it! I hope that you and your husband have a lovely weekend. I hope we get chance to meet... I only have a 'cheap' ticket though!

I am sure that there will be lots of footage on YouTube but I don't think the whole festival will be on... Don't know though. Sorry.

I've got general admission tickets too, will PM my number :) Would be great to meet up with you guys (especially since I'm coming on my own!)

• Like 1

Just been emailed to say that I won tickets through the MIKA Facebook page competition! :) Buzzing! :)

Ahhh! That was you.

I hope your dad is ready for the Mika craziness  :wink2:

Ahhh! That was you.

I hope your dad is ready for the Mika craziness  :wink2:

Haha! Me too! I know I asked him if I could enter, but don't think he actually thought I'd win! :P My dad is at least as crazy as Mika anyway. Haha! :P

Just been emailed to say that I won tickets through the MIKA Facebook page competition! :) Buzzing! :)

:yay:

And your bringing your dad?

Yep, it's you.  :teehee:  

I hope you and your dad have a great day. 

Edited by Treasa

Thanks for replying.  I will look on YouTube a few days after the concert, but it doesn't matter if there's not much.  I was just curious.

Yay for bringing the Dad to BST, my Dad would be so funny at Mika's concert! 

Guys, do you think it will be possible to meet Mika somewhere there? I am just about to make an illustration for him, well - for Mel, precisely :D

Yay for bringing the Dad to BST, my Dad would be so funny at Mika's concert! 

Guys, do you think it will be possible to meet Mika somewhere there? I am just about to make an illustration for him, well - for Mel, precisely :D

It is a lot more difficult at festival venues rather than ordinary gigs. At gigs it's usually straightforward, the gig ends, you wait at the stage door - although finding the correct door can be the problem. But at festivals, artists come and go at different times and it can be very difficult to know where to wait. At Lovebox Mika came out just near to the stage he had been appearing on about twenty minuets after he had finished.... And before he was driven off to get changed elsewhere. You never know..... It's a fingers crossed situation :crossed: but try not to raise your expectations too high.

I got an email yesterday, with a list of Mika's gigs until the Autumn. There were no UK dates, so this could be the only chance for UK fans to see Mika, unless he announces something nearer to Christmas.

There were a lot of French dates and Italian ones on the list. I did use Alan's twitter to tweet him about the UK, but I'm not holding my breath.

So, enjoy the festival and savour every moment. It might be all there is this year.

Don't worry Marilyn. Mika said, whilst on radio 2, that he would be touring the UK this autumn.

On a different note, and having never been to a festival before, will we need to queue for ages to be able to get a reasonable place to see him?

Edited by Ellenowl

It is a lot more difficult at festival venues rather than ordinary gigs. At gigs it's usually straightforward, the gig ends, you wait at the stage door - although finding the correct door can be the problem. But at festivals, artists come and go at different times and it can be very difficult to know where to wait. At Lovebox Mika came out just near to the stage he had been appearing on about twenty minuets after he had finished.... And before he was driven off to get changed elsewhere. You never know..... It's a fingers crossed situation :crossed: but try not to raise your expectations too high.

Aaaalright. Well, it's always worth trying!!! I really want to show him my tattoo with his handwriting as well. I try not to get my hopes really high, but I think I can't help it anyway, haha. 

Don't worry Marilyn. Mika said, whilst on radio 2, that he would be touring the UK this autumn.

On a different note, and having never been to a festival before, will we need to queue for ages to be able to get a reasonable place to see him?

Well - me neither. But I think, that there will be large rotation of people standing in front of stage, like, we are crazy fans, we're gonna head to the stage and stand there like monuments until Mika's going to show up, but some people will come just for the fun, so they'll go off for some drinks/toilet/food or whatever other attractions will be, I am going just to switch my stomach and bladder off. 

I read somewhere that you could only get so close with the general tickets (presumably what I won), and that there was nearly a nasty crush accident last year. A bit scary for somebody who easily gets claustrophobic, but maybe we'll be ok as mika is on quite a long time before some of the more major singers. I somehow have a bit of a sneaky talent for barging my way through crowds anyway! ;)

I've just got the BST Hyde Park app, it says Mika will be on the Great Oak Stage at 4pm for 45 minutes. Was hoping for an hour but after not seeing him for over 2 years it's enough :) Hopefully he'll stick around afterwards for a bit. Would be great to meet him again.

Just got an email from BST.  Not sure there's much point queuing as there are a few different entrances. 

The premium viewing areas look quite large but only seems to stretch halfway across the stage.  So general admission

also have a chance to get close. :thumb_yello:

I know he said something about the Autumn, but there is nothing on the list and it goes up to October. So if he is doing something here, he could, of course, be waiting to see if the new album gains him enough fans to fill a decent sized venue, or it could be that he just hasn't announced anything yet. But I just didn't want anyone to raise their hopes, when there are no dates in the UK announced yet.