2015 - Verboten, Brooklyn, New York - 3 May - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

Natasha has asked, anyone putting her vid of the show up on You Tube to take it down. She will be putting it up there herself later. Thank you.

• Like 2

setlist from the pre-gig thread (thanks eriko!):

can't wait to hear good life... hope someone filmed it? :crossed:

and still billy brown and lollipop. sigh. i hope he changes the setlist a few more times til milan next month. :teehee:

now where are the reports? :excite:

• Like 2

and still billy brown and lollipop. sigh. i hope he changes the setlist a few more times til milan next month. :teehee:

He didn't play "Good  Wife" and "Lollipop"  last night. :no:

Im not sure he changes the setlist and I fear we will see him in suit the whole tour  :doh:  I saw 2 vids from yesterday and he looked uncomfortable in it but better wait for the impressions from the people who were there.

YouTube user obi3wan https://www.youtube.com/user/obi3wan/videosuploaded some clips.

Toy Boy / Popular

Blue Eyes

Talk  About You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPR4_BtYGYk

Big Girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e7K23iQU3M

Hahahah, I was just too late with posting  :teehee:

Besides uncomfortable and annoying unmikaish suit (I don't want to look like nagging old "those where the days" fan, but still... ), I'm sincerely upset with the setlist. I hoped to see less songs like BG, LT or Lollipop... And where is all the good songs from TOOL? Where is Stardust, for example? 

Will pray that something will change till the middle of the summer.

Edited by Dreamy_Queen
  • Like 2

Uh the full concert...thanks a lot to the person had recorded this for us!!!  :wub: 
For the moment I listened Big girl (ahahah amazing Mika when he took the camera  :naughty: ), Toy Boy,Popular song (nice sound and arrangement) and Last Party...on this I cried a lot..this "song" (reductive calling LP only a song) make me full of emotions...I love the way he sings LP..really moving! I don't know how I'll feel myself at the gig during this moment...
Anyway..I don't like so much the suit...

Edited by *Denise*

I loved watching the streaming :swoon::boing: Thank you so much to Natasha , that was amazing :woot_jump:

Mika took us to a disco :woot_jump:

I loved the new arrangements on the songs and the beat :clap:

I don't mind his suit, he was cute wearing it :wub2: I love hearts so even more on Mika :wub2:

I was fangurling and feeling hyper and also crying with Last Party live :tears:

That was simply wonderful :thumb_yello::fangurl::wub2::swoon:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

Hi everyone! Sorry there was no proper review last night—we got home around 2am and were ready to fall into bed!

The gig yesterday was perfect, by the way  :naughty:

Indy (77red) and I showed up to the venue which is in the heart of Williamsburg. The five boro bike tour was happening yesterday (a huge crowd of New Yorkers biking all through the city), and it went right by the venue! And the place was right next to a doggy daycare. So we had bikes, cute dogs, and the Manhattan skyline to look at on the beautiful clear, sunny day.

Before the Mika review, I just have to say. This is the best organized Mika show I have every been to. The venue doesn't usually do concerts (I think mostly EDM, dance parties etc) so they were thrown off by the queueing. They came over and asked us multiple times what was going on, haha. But when it came time to open doors, they explained to us how everything would be set up so as to retain the proper queueing order. They checked tickets before, and so when doors opened everything went very smoothly. Thanks, Verboten!

(Another note about the venue...they had an auxiliary club that was having a brunch/dance party/dance club from 11am to all afternoon, and the staff kept inviting us to the party. "You won't lose your spot in line!" they said. It was great, because we had the go-ahead to go pee there!)

The stage was incredibly low—we all were sitting on it during the pre-Mika DJ set. This laster two hours, and then the lights got low and the band came out. There was SO much energy, then Mika stepped in front of us...RIGHT in front of us! He was clearly a little blow away by how close everyone was, but brimming with excitement. At some point he said "It's good to be back to my job....this is my job!" We had a great time, because he had a great time. 

He went right into Toy Boy, which was great with the new band. This morphed into Popular, which had Curtis on the saxophone. The stage at this place was TINY, and Mika explained that they had tried to get his piano on stage but it wouldn't fit. So Popular was played with no piano, just sax and some bongo drums from Julie (who was AWESOME!). I loved this version, maybe even more than the one with Kristin Chenoweth at LPR last time :naughty: During Grace Kelly, he grabbed Nina's (tiibet) glasses and put them on! It was hilarious, even though Nina couldn't see what was going on. Talk About You was GREAT live, everyone was dancing, and the drop in the bridge ("walk through the city....but all I'm seein is--") worked out really well. Before Big Girl, we was praying, and said "Dear lord...you have made many skinny people....walking around the world....angry.....looking for a pair of jeans...but if I was a big man --" and at that point he just started singing "If I was a Rich Man" from Fiddler on the roof. Ah, Mika.

And during Big GIrl he grabbed the selfie stick of an MFCer (not sure your name!) which is what happened in Mana's video above. You can't tell in the video, but he points the camera at his face, and then at his butt! It was so funny. These were the kind of antics that could happen at this venue because we were absolutely so close to him. I loved Good Guys live, but not many people seem to know it yet! He encouraged a lot of crowd singing and dancing. He skipped Good Life (maybe tonight!), and I loved watching Boum Boum Boum here versus in Montreal. The crowd reaction in Montreal was electric, but here I think the crowd was more enamoured about Mika speaking French than anything else. It was funny--at the beginning he mentioned how happy he was to not be speaking in French. I think we all looked at Christine at that point...:naughty:

At the end of Billy Brown, Mika changed the lyrics to "...and while it was all going accordingly to plan, then Billy Brown fell in love with..me." The crowd went wild! Before Last Party, Mika was very mellow. Someone in the crowd yelled out "we love you Freddie," which set the mood. At the end of the song the energy was rising, during the "end of the world let's party" part. So yes, he did not play Lollipop! Although we were all screaming for him! But perhaps he wanted to hang out with his family, who occupied most of one of the VIP sections, off to the side of the stage.

There were apparently a lot of celebrity faces here (who I completely missed, of course), including Paul de Leeuw, Perez Hilton, one of the property brothers lol, and Mika's grandmother of course. After the show we waited around for Mika outside. It was a pretty small crowd of MFCers, which probably a dozen other people. Mika did come out and ended up being very friendly. He signed everyone's stuff, chatted with one of the people from the venue (who was fangurling hardcore) about how they did a great job with the sound/lights. He wished a fan happy birthday, and we all requested that he plays Drunk at Webster Hall. He seemed very open to the idea!  :yay:

This was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Thank you weather, Verboten, patience, James Dean, and of course Mika!

P.S. Yang, it was great to be with you for your first gig. Front row crew, it was wonderful to see you all again! And I'm looking forward to today!

• Like 20

I'm totaly agree with your opinion.   Almost the koreans fans worried about that. 

Seriously, I hope that he decide to change his suit before Seoul gig , at the least.  South Korea's weather is very hot than he think. 

Sorry for my poor English.

I´m so sorry about seeing him in those suites. 

So sorry about these three gigs in USA that seem done with a kind of rush, when the forth album haven´t come yet.

Sorry about the tiny place and he sweating, and putting his fingers under his shirt collar while singing.

About the short setlist, the same as always, and I could hear some songs sounding different, trying to innovate, but he shouldn´t touch his songs. Fans want listen them, like they are. He should sing others he never sings.  

Lately, it seems for me a matter of madness. The TV that don´t let him time for doing a proper tour... and I can´t help remembering Mika years ago... Parc des Princess.... Imaginarum Tour... and the stories he told on the stage... where´ve all of that gone? 

I saw him in Montreal and he was excellent. But now is a different thing.

I don´t like how things are going at this time. 

I understand many, many things, I´m telling you. I understand why everything is going like that.

I adore him. My passion for him is indisputable. But I can see. And secretly and sincerely I wait things change at least... a bit in the future. 

And... I really mean I hope he doesn´t have to wear those suites in Spain, at the beach, in August (though he has signed a profitable contrac with a brand of suites) ... cause this could put his health at risk...  Poor Mika. 

Edited by MyEtoileMk

Hi everyone! Sorry there was no proper review last night—we got home around 2am and were ready to fall into bed!

The gig yesterday was perfect, by the way :naughty:

Indy (77red) and I showed up to the venue which is in the heart of Williamsburg. The five boro bike tour was happening yesterday (a huge crowd of New Yorkers biking all through the city), and it went right by the venue! And the place was right next to a doggy daycare. So we had bikes, cute dogs, and the Manhattan skyline to look at on the beautiful clear, sunny day.

Before the Mika review, I just have to say. This is the best organized Mika show I have every been to. The venue doesn't usually do concerts (I think mostly EDM, dance parties etc) so they were thrown off by the queueing. They came over and asked us multiple times what was going on, haha. But when it came time to open doors, they explained to us how everything would be set up so as to retain the proper queueing order. They checked tickets before, and so when doors opened everything went very smoothly. Thanks, Verboten!

(Another note about the venue...they had an auxiliary club that was having a brunch/dance party/dance club from 11am to all afternoon, and the staff kept inviting us to the party. "You won't lose your spot in line!" they said. It was great, because we had the go-ahead to go pee there!)

The stage was incredibly low—we all were sitting on it during the pre-Mika DJ set. This laster two hours, and then the lights got low and the band came out. There was SO much energy, then Mika stepped in front of us...RIGHT in front of us! He was clearly a little blow away by how close everyone was, but brimming with excitement. At some point he said "It's good to be back to my job....this is my job!" We had a great time, because he had a great time.

He went right into Toy Boy, which was great with the new band. This morphed into Popular, which had Curtis on the saxophone. The stage at this place was TINY, and Mika explained that they had tried to get his piano on stage but it wouldn't fit. So Popular was played with no piano, just sax and some bongo drums from Julie (who was AWESOME!). I loved this version, maybe even more than the one with Kristin Chenoweth at LPR last time :naughty: During Grace Kelly, he grabbed Nina's (tiibet) glasses and put them on! It was hilarious, even though Nina couldn't see what was going on. Talk About You was GREAT live, everyone was dancing, and the drop in the bridge ("walk through the city....but all I'm seein is--") worked out really well. Before Big Girl, we was praying, and said "Dear lord...you have made many skinny people....walking around the world....angry.....looking for a pair of jeans...but if I was a big man --" and at that point he just started singing "If I was a Rich Man" from Fiddler on the roof. Ah, Mika.

And during Big GIrl he grabbed the selfie stick of an MFCer (not sure your name!) which is what happened in Mana's video above. You can't tell in the video, but he points the camera at his face, and then at his butt! It was so funny. These were the kind of antics that could happen at this venue because we were absolutely so close to him. I loved Good Guys live, but not many people seem to know it yet! He encouraged a lot of crowd singing and dancing. He skipped Good Life (maybe tonight!), and I loved watching Boum Boum Boum here versus in Montreal. The crowd reaction in Montreal was electric, but here I think the crowd was more enamoured about Mika speaking French than anything else. It was funny--at the beginning he mentioned how happy he was to not be speaking in French. I think we all looked at Christine at that point...:naughty:

At the end of Billy Brown, Mika changed the lyrics to "...and while it was all going accordingly to plan, then Billy Brown fell in love with..me." The crowd went wild! Before Last Party, Mika was very mellow. Someone in the crowd yelled out "we love you Freddie," which set the mood. At the end of the song the energy was rising, during the "end of the world let's party" part. So yes, he did not play Lollipop! Although we were all screaming for him! But perhaps he wanted to hang out with his family, who occupied most of one of the VIP sections, off to the side of the stage.

There were apparently a lot of celebrity faces here (who I completely missed, of course), including Paul de Leeuw, Perez Hilton, one of the property brothers lol, and Mika's grandmother of course. After the show we waited around for Mika outside. It was a pretty small crowd of MFCers, which probably a dozen other people. Mika did come out and ended up being very friendly. He signed everyone's stuff, chatted with one of the people from the venue (who was fangurling hardcore) about how they did a great job with the sound/lights. He wished a fan happy birthday, and we all requested that he plays Drunk at Webster Hall. He seemed very open to the idea! :yay:

This was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Thank you weather, Verboten, patience, James Dean, and of course Mika!

P.S. Yang, it was great to be with you for your first gig. Front row crew, it was wonderful to see you all again! And I'm looking forward to today!

Thank you!

Glad everyone had fun, Mika included!

The gig yesterday was perfect, by the way  :naughty:

And during Big GIrl he grabbed the selfie stick of an MFCer (not sure your name!) which is what happened in Mana's video above. You can't tell in the video, but he points the camera at his face, and then at his butt! It was so funny. These were the kind of antics that could happen at this venue because we were absolutely so close to him. I loved Good Guys live, but not many people seem to know it yet! He encouraged a lot of crowd singing and dancing. He skipped Good Life (maybe tonight!), and I loved watching Boum Boum Boum here versus in Montreal. The crowd reaction in Montreal was electric, but here I think the crowd was more enamoured about Mika speaking French than anything else. It was funny--at the beginning he mentioned how happy he was to not be speaking in French. I think we all looked at Christine at that point...:naughty:

There were apparently a lot of celebrity faces here (who I completely missed, of course), including Paul de Leeuw, Perez Hilton, one of the property brothers lol, and Mika's grandmother of course. After the show we waited around for Mika outside. It was a pretty small crowd of MFCers, which probably a dozen other people. Mika did come out and ended up being very friendly. He signed everyone's stuff, chatted with one of the people from the venue (who was fangurling hardcore) about how they did a great job with the sound/lights. He wished a fan happy birthday, and we all requested that he plays Drunk at Webster Hall. He seemed very open to the idea!  :yay:

Thank you for a happy and detailed report!!

Love,love

me

Lovely to read such a happy review. Very glad you enjoyed the concert so much.

Thanks everyone (especially Natasha) for all the other posts as well. It's great to get information and video's of this first gig in America.