2015 - Verboten, Brooklyn, New York - 3 May - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

I like it very much streaming Thank you so much to Natasha , that was fantastic.

Thanks for all the pictures,Reports and Video ????????????????????

I really enjoyed this small and intimate gig! New songs are wonderful!!!!! :wub: I wrote a little report of the gig here:

http://mikagigs.com/2015/05/05/gig-reviews-mika-verboten-brooklyn-52015/

Thanks everyone I met! Was so great to meet you all and loved reading your views about the gig!

Thank you sooo much Nina - truly funny and great report !! -:) I really would like to see MIKAs flirting, and borrowing your glasses - hehe. Heard from the M&G vid that he asked about it, and even suggested he should clean it :-) -:) I suppose you won't ever forget this concert ...

Love,love

me

hello, I'm a liitle bit shy.... but I am happy as can be.... for I am "Mystery Man" and Mika said, " I like you, I really like you" and he asked me my name... and Lets not forget the fist bump !! Well Mika.... I like you ALOT too....

• Like 1

hello, I'm a liitle bit shy.... but I am happy as can be.... for I am "Mystery Man" and Mika said, " I like you, I really like you" and he asked me my name... and Lets not forget the fist bump !! Well Mika.... I like you ALOT too....

Wow - you really have the best reason to feel happy - and spesial ...-:)

Love,love

me

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, mystery man :)

• Like 1

YOU are shy? I never noticed!  :naughty:

But I am so happy that you had such special attention AND a fist-bump! Being able to watch all that from the side as we did was pretty funny. It was such an intimate show - I loved that he was able to interact with everyone so much.

Oh this is so late, does anyone still care? Sorry >.<

Got to the venue with my sister in tow about 2-2:30ish, we'd taken the train in from her place in Philadelphia.  The line was about 10-15 ppl long i guess?  I chatted a bit with old friends and met a new one then we snagged our bit of sidewalk to wait upon.  Sorry if i didn’t talk much to people, i’m so shy & especially nervous before gigs & can never think of things to talk about :rolls_eyes: 

This venue was most certainly in the strangest place i’ve ever seen a Mika gig in.  On the way there we passed a hipster wedding and a buuuunch of motorcycles, i’m not sure if they were connected or not.  People already have mentioned the brunch rave & the flea market.  When my sister & i went to the club to use the restroom some random drunk guy grabbed my hands and made me dance with him. I about died of embarrassment!  At one point we needed a walk so my sister and i went w/ Natasha to the flea market and a nearby park by the river with an amazing view of the NYC skyline so that was a fun use of queue time.

I won’t go into each song (mostly because the gig was such a blissful blur) so here’s some random thoughts from me…

-i was in the front row with my sister before the gig and i was trying to convince her to stay by me for once but someone behind her was pushing a bit before the gig even started, so she left to get a spot further back and to the side.

-i was a little to the left of Tim’s set up so whenever Mika came over he’d stop RIGHT in front of me.  I had to crane my neck to look up at him, but that was no bad thing. I really wanted to touch him but no one else was so i restrained myself, like a good girl.

-Billy Brown and Big Girl didn’t do much for me (not because i dislike them or the way he performs them, but i’ve heard them so many times and they haven’t changed much) so i used the time to take all my pictures and a couple short videos.  He didn’t have his piano, so Billy Brown was a tiny bit better than usual at least. Blue Eyes is on the bubble for me, i could take it or leave it, again not because of him but because he was a bunch of other songs I've never seen live & so desperately want to.

-all the other songs were amazing tho. i can't even pick out favorites, i loved them all!

-the band was so tightly packed on the stage, i couldn’t see Curtis at all because he was blocked by Tim’s gear.  i did take a bit of video during Popular when he was playing saxophone because i knew i wouldn’t be able to get him again.

-Mika was sweating through his jacket but valiantly kept it on the whole time.  Hopefully after this tour he’ll toss the two suits out because they’re so gross.  The best thing about them is that they’re tight & i kept hoping he’d bust a seam when he was dancing (of course that happened at the gig i wasn’t at!).

-his voice sounded great! i  was hoping for a bit of non-microphone singing since the place was so small but no luck :/

-there were visuals projected on the wall but the didn’t seem to be all that related to the songs so i stopped noticing them after the second song.

-Mika was so much fun to watch and he danced (sexy even!) and laughed a lot.  I thought he was very chatty but of my 8 previous Mika gigs only 2 had been “regular” Mika gigs (both were at Webster Hall), so perhaps he wasn’t xD

-i noticed a guitar pic laying on the stage during the gig just a foot or so in front of me.  It was still there when the roadies were clearing off the stage so i snagged it :teehee:

Afterward when Mika came out and he was greeting people i handed him the little thing i’d brought for him to sign and he looked at me and said “How are you?”  I was so surprised and said “I’m fine.” :facepalm: I’m fine? i’M FINE?! i was anything but fine!  i should’ve said “i’m dead.  how are you?” or “i’m amazing thanks to you and that amazing gig” or something to convey how much of high i was on, but no, i said i’m fine LIKE A BRAINDEAD MORON.  Did i even tell him thank you? :doh:

Afterward we went and hung out at Veselka which was much fun, then i went with my sister to Penn station to wait for her 5am train. Extra thanks to Jess for helping us get there on the subway :bow: 

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 3

Afterward when Mika came out and he was greeting people i handed him the little thing i’d brought for him to sign and he looked at me and said “How are you?”  I was so surprised and said “I’m fine.” :facepalm: I’m fine? i’M FINE?! i was anything but fine!  i should’ve said “i’m dead.  how are you?” or “i’m amazing thanks to you and that amazing gig” or something to convey how much of high i was on, but no, i said i’m fine LIKE A BRAINDEAD MORON.  Did i even tell him thank you? :doh:

Ah, the Mika brain fade :naughty:  Happens to us all

FB is for peasants. :biggrin2:

Now do show us. 

We don't have the photo -- their photographer took a pic of us, but we never saw it. :dunno:

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

The MFC instagramt reminds me these Mika's posts !

LIVE on #Periscope At Rehearsals for Brooklyn, NY and LA show which is @ the Balasco theatre on the 6May https://pscp.tv/w/VyJZHzEyMDg2

periscope with comments

mikainstagram

Rehearsals for US shows that start in Brooklyn on Sunday.

Then Manhattan at the Webster on Monday and then the Balasco Theatre in LA on the 6th of May.

11208260_1439426736351371_1241925452_n.thumb.jpg.ef5074645170313cd016783019d1555a.jpg

Mika's drummer Ed Carlile tweets

CDyc8mWUEAMNyqv.thumb.jpg.9a580a85083472ecfba2b69e2238aa3d.jpg

• silver changed the title to 2015 - Verboten, Brooklyn, New York - 3 May - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS