Mika to be a judge at X-Factor Italia 2015!

#XF9 XfactorIT Felicissimo di tornare!!! Ehhhh maccarena. Si... Sono jet lag a New York. Ho perso un po' il mio 'compus mentus' ma va bene!!

(Translation: Very happy to be back, Ehhh macarena. Yes, I'm jet lagged in NY. I've lost my mind but it's ok!!)

#XF9 X Factor Italia e per elio sono così

P6eN6zq.jpg?1

(Translation: and for Elio I'm this way)

#XF9 X Factor Italia e anche così

7oFtQCW.jpg?1

(translation: this way too)

Felice Felice Così!!!!!

KhSOVEg.jpg?1

(translation: happy, happy like this!!!)

#XF9 X Factor Italia FEDEZ!!!!

#XF9 X Factor Italia ELIO!!!!

#XF9 X Factor Italia SKIN!!!

Edited by *Vv*
  • Like 1

Well he seems really happy... I'm afraid that if he said yes for XF, he will do the same for The Voice.  :(  But if it makes him happy that's what really matters  ;)

Unlike the Voice, I always watched XF with pleasure, and even was interested in the concurrents :fisch: I adore Italian and will gladly go on learning it with Mika :boing:

So I totally don't mind it, especially if I have such funny pics as a prise ;)

• Like 1

Well he seems really happy... I'm afraid that if he said yes for XF, he will do the same for The Voice.  :(  But if it makes him happy that's what really matters  ;)

Yes, that's what I think too - even I'm not able to share his enthousiasm, at least not for the time being :( Imo, it now looks like MIKA  wants a more regular life, staying "at home", in Milan and maybe Paris -  taking care of his fam. incl. his new, little puppy  :)  

It looks like these TV shows will go on being his jobs, probably instead of promoting his music, and touring - something I find quite sad, because of all his fans, waiting for him -  around the world... ;) 

Love,love

me 

Worst news today.

Will he be so happy when all the fans he garnered back in the beginning are gone, because at this rate, they will be, and he won't be tweeting things like he did after the Brooklyn gig last night.

What a total waste of showing his own musical talent across the globe.

• Like 2

Yes, that's what I think too - even I'm not able to share his enthousiasm, at least not for the time being :( Imo, it now looks like MIKA  wants a more regular life, staying "at home", in Milan and maybe Paris -  taking care of his fam. incl. his new, little puppy  :)  

It looks like these TV shows will go on being his jobs, probably instead of promoting his music, and touring - something I find quite sad, because of all his fans, waiting for him -  around the world... ;) 

Love,love

me

That's what I thought too, that maybe he wants a more regular life and that he's trying to avoid the isolation he mentioned more than once and tv shows provide both. I can understand that. Always going back and forth must be tiring and I think if he doesn't feel like doing it all the time, he doesn't have to.

I personally don't know yet how to feel about it. I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy seeing him on my tv once a week for some months, but last year he seemed kind of uncomfortable at times and I felt sorry for him, therefore I hope at least this year things will go better without Morgan the drama queen.

• Like 2

That's what I thought too, that maybe he wants a more regular life and that he's trying to avoid the isolation he mentioned more than once and tv shows provide both. I can understand that. Always going back and forth must be tiring and I think if he doesn't feel like doing it all the time, he doesn't have to.

I personally don't know yet how to feel about it. I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy seeing him on my tv once a week for some months, but last year he seemed kind of uncomfortable at times and I felt sorry for him, therefore I hope at least this year things will go better without Morgan the drama queen.

I agree, I think it's perfect this way. Spending some time traveling, touring and promoting, releasing the new album and doing gigs but at the same time being able to spend a few months in the same city living some family life that I think he needs at a certain point after months of being away from home.

I agree, I think it's perfect this way. Spending some time traveling, touring and promoting, releasing the new album and doing gigs but at the same time being able to spend a few months in the same city living some family life that I think he needs at a certain point after months of being away from home.

Other musicians with families do it, why is it so hard for Mika?

And a lot of musicians with kids can manage it.

• Like 2

I saw the mews too. I disagree and agree. 

He's very popular in Italy, the choice of decision was easier. And, he has developped a preference in that talent show, he likes more and more (the ambiance for example). If he is happy I'm happy too.

But that's true he might participate in The Voice France. I'm perplexed cause of his new tour. Moreover, three times, it is a bit boring from my point of view. But it's his life, we cannot do anything else.

For me, I can watch this year again, I understand the italian language, it's not a problem.

• Like 1

I really don't understand all this comparing him with other musicians. Everyone's different, what's the point of doing so? How would you (in general) feel if someone told you how to live your own life or expected something from you just because someone else is doing it? I've been compared to other people many times, I've had people telling me ''Why don't you do as *name* does? Why can't you be a little more like *name*?'' and I tell you it's not nice. Because I have my own needs and tastes and feelings and what not and I honestly don't care about what others do and I don't think Mika should care too. It's his life, his choices and he has the right to do what he thinks it's best for him, regardless of what the rest of the world may think.

• Like 12

from kira's brooklyn report:

At some point he said "It's good to be back to my job....this is my job!"

so yeah, that. i think he belongs on a stage, performing his own songs. and apparently he knows this, too. and that's why i (still) don't understand that he does these casting shows, again and again (and yes, i'm also pretty convinced now that it won't just be xfactor but also the voice again :aah:).

for my part, i'm happy to get an album and gigs. if he did at least one gig or festival here in germany, i could go back to just ignoring the casting shows. if he doesn't... well, it just makes me sad to get the feeling that somehow he doesn't care. :sad:

Edited by mellody
  • Like 3

I really don't understand all this comparing him with other musicians. Everyone's different, what's the point of doing so? How would you (in general) feel if someone told you how to live your own life or expected something from you just because someone else is doing it? I've been compared to other people many times, I've had people telling me ''Why don't you do as *name* does? Why can't you be a little more like *name*?'' and I tell you it's not nice. Because I have my own needs and tastes and feelings and what not and I honestly don't care about what others do and I don't think Mika should care too. It's his life, his choices and he has the right to do what he thinks it's best for him, regardless of what the rest of the world may think.

I get it constantly at the moment, so I'm afraid your argument falls flat with me.

I don't see that I cannot be disappointed by this news, especially after him saying he was doing a year long tour for this album, and last I knew, a year was 12 months not 6.

The posts I read were saying that being on the road kept him away from his family, which is technically not true, as they go with him pretty much everywhere when he does. And that this gives him a regular life, well if that's the case, why doesn't he just give up being a working musician and do something that keeps regular hours. I think we know that wont happen, because after last night being back on the road again, it was clear he loves it too much. 

Yes, it's his life, and he can make what ever choices he wants, but if he keeps doing this, his marketablity outside these countries will shrink drastically, and he will have a hell of a lot of work to do to get them back, and he won't be billed as an International act in the future.

• Like 1

I'm not saying you can't be disappointed, I was just replying to this

Other musicians with families do it, why is it so hard for Mika?

And a lot of musicians with kids can manage it.

That's why I said I don't get the point of comparing him with whoever you want. And yeah, some members of his family travel with him but not everyone, but maybe the problem's not just the family, maybe it's constantly being on a plane/train/bus/whatever, maybe it's something else. I don't think you can really call that a regular life even if his family is with him, can you? I understand what you're saying if I think of him as a musician, I understand his latest choices aren't good for his career and are disappointing to his fans, but before being a musician, he's a person and as a person he has the right to seek his own happiness, that's what we all do in life, don't we? Maybe he's perfectly fine with the career he has now and it's just us who think he really cares for his worldwide fame, while he doesn't. He may have chosen to give up on something in order to gain something else he wants more. Edited by Alyara
  • Like 4

From MIKA facebook page (don't know if geotagged for Italy, probably it is):

Mika è molto felice di annunciare che tornerà a X Factor Italia in qualità di Giudice. Quest’anno saranno con lui l’amico Elio, Skin degli Skunk Anansie e Fedez. Comincia una nuova avventura!

Mika is glad to announce that he'll be back as a judge at X-Factor Italia. His friend Elio, Fedez and Skin of Skunk Anansie will join him in the judge team.

A new adventure begins!

I'm very happy to see him in many concerts and like a coach and judge in X-Factor9!:)
  • Like 1

zj6q5NAR_normal.jpgMIKA official @mikasounds · 16 min16 minuti fa

#XF9 XfactorIT Felicissimo di tornare!!! Ehhhh maccarena. Si... Sono jet lag a New York. Ho perso un po' il mio 'compus mentus' ma va bene!!

(Translation: Very happy to be back, Ehhh macarena. Yes, I'm jet lagged in NY. I've lost my mind but it's ok!!)

zj6q5NAR_normal.jpgMIKA official @mikasounds · 20 min20 minuti fa

#XF9 X Factor Italia e per elio sono così

P6eN6zq.jpg?1

(Translation: and for Elio I'm this way)

zj6q5NAR_normal.jpgMIKA official @mikasounds · 21 min21 minuti fa

#XF9 X Factor Italia e anche così

7oFtQCW.jpg?1

(translation: this way too)

zj6q5NAR_normal.jpgMIKA official @mikasounds · 22 min22 minuti fa

Felice Felice Così!!!!!

KhSOVEg.jpg?1

(translation: happy, happy like this!!!)

zj6q5NAR_normal.jpgMIKA official @mikasounds · 24 min24 minuti fa

#XF9 X Factor Italia FEDEZ!!!!

#XF9 X Factor Italia ELIO!!!!

#XF9 X Factor Italia SKIN!!!

Ah ah ah! Maccarena with two C is wonderfull!;)

I'm not saying you can't be disappointed, I was just replying to this

That's why I said I don't get the point of comparing him with whoever you want. And yeah, some members of his family travel with him but not everyone, but maybe the problem's not just the family, maybe it's constantly being on a plane/train/bus/whatever, maybe it's something else. I don't think you can really call that a regular life even if his family is with him, can you? I understand what you're saying if I think of him as a musician, I understand his latest choices aren't good for his career and are disappointing to his fans, but before being a musician, he's a person and as a person he has the right to seek his own happiness, that's what we all do in life, don't we? Maybe he's perfectly fine with the career he has now and it's just us who think he really cares for his worldwide fame, while he doesn't. He may have chosen to give up on something in order to gain something else he wants more.

But when he started out, he knew this is what it would be like, constant travel, not being home on a regular basis, it is what the life of a working musician is like. In fact he loved it, he called it his travelling circus.

And from what he said at the Brooklyn gig last night, that 'this is my job' it is clear he still loves it, it makes him happy, which you say is important, and it its. Which is why I don't get why he wants to abandon it again for the tv.

And if he wants to give up on that, why doesn't he just come out and say it?

• Like 2

Well, things change. One thing is knowing how something's going to be like, another one's living it at first hand. He did it for a while and maybe only then he realised how hard it really is, I don't know. I don't have the answers, I'm just guessing what his reasons may be. Loving it and being happy don't make it any less tiring, so he still does it because he loves it, but not full time, because maybe he can't take it anymore. And frankly I'm happy he decided to slow down if that's what he needs, I'd never want him to get sick or be on drugs or such things just to keep up with his super busy schedule and of course I'm sure we all agree on this. Let's let him live his life at his own pace.

Edited by Alyara
  • Like 7

Well, things change. One thing is knowing how something's going to be like, another one's living it at first hand. He did it for a while and maybe only then he realised how hard it really is, I don't know. I don't have the answers, I'm just guessing what his reasons may be. Loving it and being happy don't make it any less tiring, so he still does it because he loves it, but not full time, because maybe he can't take it anymore. And frankly I'm happy he decided to slow down if that's what he needs, I'd never want him to get sick or be on drugs or such things just to keep up with his super busy schedule and of course I'm sure we all agree on this. Let's let him live his life at his own pace.

The last thing I want is for him to get sick, but no matter how much you think he'll give it up, I don't think he will, and doing what he is doing, is going to burn him out So at some point something will give. 

And I'm hoping it won't be the end of his own music. Because talent like his is more important to most of his fans, than someone on Simon Cowells vanity project.

• Like 1