2015 - Webster Hall, New York City: 4 May - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

:shocked:  Sounds like this concert was amazing!

Webster Hall, it's your turn to share your concert experience!!!    :usa:

REPORTS 

superstar: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31811-webster-hall-new-york-city-4-may-2015-reports-pics-videos/?p=3998301

amygimpel: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31811-webster-hall-new-york-city-4-may-2015-reports-pics-videos/?p=3998568

77red: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31811-webster-hall-new-york-city-4-may-2015-reports-pics-videos/?p=3998571

dcdeb (outside, after the gig): http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31811-webster-hall-new-york-city-4-may-2015-reports-pics-videos/?p=3998647

stefa: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31811-webster-hall-new-york-city-4-may-2015-reports-pics-videos/?p=3998750

tiibet: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31811-webster-hall-new-york-city-4-may-2015-reports-pics-videos/?p=3998826

PICS

dcdeb: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31811-webster-hall-new-york-city-4-may-2015-reports-pics-videos/?p=3998304

tiibet: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31811-webster-hall-new-york-city-4-may-2015-reports-pics-videos/?p=3998309

dcdeb: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31811-webster-hall-new-york-city-4-may-2015-reports-pics-videos/?p=3998462

VIDEOS

tiibet: Good wife, Last Party & Good Guys - http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31811-webster-hall-new-york-city-4-may-2015-reports-pics-videos/?p=3998309

dcdeb: Good wife http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31811-webster-hall-new-york-city-4-may-2015-reports-pics-videos/?p=3998462

dcdeb: Talk about you http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31811-webster-hall-new-york-city-4-may-2015-reports-pics-videos/?p=3998673

OUTSIDE REVIEWS

Local Bozo: http://www.localbozo.com/2015/05/mika-brings-pageantry-to-pop-at-webster-hall/

Tonight was not perfect in a lot of ways, but the show itself was one of the best I have ever been to. Thank you Mika :wub2:

There was a queue going all day, and we asked the guards over and over how the process would go. However, when doors opened and we went inside, they didn't have the list of names on the fan presale list. I don't want to write about it now because it will dredge up bad memories, but basically a ton of regular ticket holders that were much further back in line got inside way before we did. Shame on you, Webster Hall! We finally got in and thanks to the kindness of strangers I secured a spot along the railing, but not all MFCers were so lucky :(

The opener is still bad, haha, but it did not matter because the place was on fire when Mika came on. The setlist was the same as last night...except tonight there were no omissions! I will be brief (sleepy!) but need to pass on some highlights to all of you:

1. NEW SONG! Good Wife! This. Is. So. Good. It was short, but the chorus is falsetto Mika, it's all very upbeat. He played it after Billy Brown (aptly, he explained, because Billy Brown was about a friend-who-was-no-longer-a-friend and Good Wife might be a repeat of that!). It seems to me to be about a woman who remarried? Mika said after the show, too, that the lyrics are very clever. I can't wait to see recordings of it. I was there for the debuts of new songs in Montreal, and my first impression of Good Wife is much better!

2. Mika loved Webster Hall. The crowd was so loud, so energetic, and the venue is just so big. He engaged a lot with the crowd, and was touching our hands from the stage! 

3. We got an encore tonight! Which was Elle Me Dit--a huge huge hit-- and then Lollipop. Tidbit, apparently this is the first song in the new Pitch Perfect movie...guess I'm going to have to go see it now :naughty: He sang Lollipop right to Audrey in the balcony which was clever and great.

4. AND HE TOOK OFF THE SUIT! DURING LOLLIPOP, WHICH WAS THE LAST SONG, BUT HE TOOK OFF THE JACKET AND LOOSENED HIS TIE AND UNTUCKED HIS SHIRT. So everyone here in the fanclub can shush shush about the suit now :naughty: Mika has not sold out!!

5. After the show we waited for a while, and Mika came out and was in no rush to get to the car. There was a pretty big crowd but he was chatting, signing and (!!) taking photos with pretty much whoever asked. He asked Nina about her glasses, and had a lot to say to Deb. He was clearly glowing after the show tonight, he was so relaxed and happy to stand around with us. 

I might add some more tomorrow but now it is to bed for me. Webster Hall for the third time was incredible. Thank you, Mika. Goodnight, MFC!

• Like 13

Tonight was not perfect in a lot of ways, but the show itself was one of the best I have ever been to. Thank you Mika :wub2:

There was a queue going all day, and we asked the guards over and over how the process would go. However, when doors opened and we went inside, they didn't have the list of names on the fan presale list. I don't want to write about it now because it will dredge up bad memories, but basically a ton of regular ticket holders that were much further back in line got inside way before we did. Shame on you, Webster Hall! We finally got in and thanks to the kindness of strangers I secured a spot along the railing, but not all MFCers were so lucky :(

The opener is still bad, haha, but it did not matter because the place was on fire when Mika came on. The setlist was the same as last night...except tonight there were no omissions! I will be brief (sleepy!) but need to pass on some highlights to all of you:

1. NEW SONG! Good Wife! This. Is. So. Good. It was short, but the chorus is falsetto Mika, it's all very upbeat. He played it after Billy Brown (aptly, he explained, because Billy Brown was about a friend-who-was-no-longer-a-friend and Good Wife might be a repeat of that!). It seems to me to be about a woman who remarried? Mika said after the show, too, that the lyrics are very clever. I can't wait to see recordings of it. I was there for the debuts of new songs in Montreal, and my first impression of Good Wife is much better!

2. Mika loved Webster Hall. The crowd was so loud, so energetic, and the venue is just so big. He engaged a lot with the crowd, and was touching our hands from the stage! 

3. We got an encore tonight! Which was Elle Me Dit--a huge huge hit-- and then Lollipop. Tidbit, apparently this is the first song in the new Pitch Perfect movie...guess I'm going to have to go see it now :naughty: He sang Lollipop right to Audrey in the balcony which was clever and great.

4. AND HE TOOK OFF THE SUIT! DURING LOLLIPOP, WHICH WAS THE LAST SONG, BUT HE TOOK OFF THE JACKET AND LOOSENED HIS TIE AND UNTUCKED HIS SHIRT. So everyone here in the fanclub can shush shush about the suit now :naughty: Mika has not sold out!!

5. After the show we waited for a while, and Mika came out and was in no rush to get to the car. There was a pretty big crowd but he was chatting, signing and (!!) taking photos with pretty much whoever asked. He asked Nina about her glasses, and had a lot to say to Deb. He was clearly glowing after the show tonight, he was so relaxed and happy to stand around with us. 

I might add some more tomorrow but now it is to bed for me. Webster Hall for the third time was incredible. Thank you, Mika. Goodnight, MFC!

Thank you so much for taking your sleepy time to report!   :hug:  I'm very pleased to hear that MIKA did undress, hehe - also very nice to hear about him, giving a good concert with a new song added, and for being so close and relaxed among fans afterwards!!  :wub:  I hope this will continue after every show he does on this tour - think it means so much for those waiting for him, and hopefully also for MIKA himself...  :wub:    

Love,love

me

Edited by mari62
fixing quoted post

As usual, Kira has done a fine job, but I do have lots to add... just not tonight. It's 3 a.m. and I have to get up for my train in about 4 hours.:doh:

Just wanted to add one thing now:

11203091_10155507218970321_7119993009712

• Like 8

Can't wait to read the lyrics for Good Wife, couldn't catch them properly yet! The new stage setting looks as fantastic as I thought in advance. Some of my photos here: 

And my videos here:

Good Wife

Last Party

Good Guys

Now exhausted, must sleep a bit and back home tomorrow. Reports later! 
  • Like 10

Can't wait to read the lyrics for Good Wife, couldn't catch them properly yet! The new stage setting looks as fantastic as I thought in advance. Some of my photos here: 

http://mikagigs.com/2015/05/05/photo-gallery-mika-webster-hall-nyc-2/

And my videos here:

Good Wife

Last Party

Good Guys

Now exhausted, must sleep a bit and back home . Reports later!

GOOD WIFE.... I'm speechless... It's a MAGNIFICENT SONG!!!

And my videos here:

Good Wife

Last Party

Good Guys

Thank you sooo much Nina - can't wait to read your report! :) Have a safe trip back to Finland!  :hug:

Love,love

me

And my videos here:

Good Wife

Last Party

Good Guys

Your photos are just  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  Thanks so much for sharing

OMG tonight's suit is stunningly beautiful! I'm not joking and seriously  it's way better than yesterday's heart pompom or other ugly ones on TAY MV!  :teehee:

And my videos here:

Good Wife

Last Party

Good Guys

He seemed much more comfortable in the suit tonight. Oh but... Goodness me! What a beautiful song Good Wife is!! The sound was not as clear as it could be, but was clear enough for me to know I'm totally in-love with the song. It's a Mika Masterpiece and reminds me of the old Mika days with the falsetto chorus.

Thank you for the videos and the report that, I'm sure is coming, 

Thanks for the report,pics,and vids! :fangurl: Thanks Deb for that picture,it's perfect! :thumb_yello:   I love Good Wife,I can't wait for the lyrics now   :wub:

I agree, I loved the new song right away, which is very unusual for me. I hope it'll stay on the set list

Another recording of "Good wife".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTRddKpzurQ

I'm not yet sure what to think of this song. It sounds interesting but I can't hear the lyrics very well and I'd like to listen to it more often (studio version as well) to be sure.

The gig sounds wonderful. Very happy atmosphere. Thanks for report and photo's .    

There was a pretty big crowd but he was chatting, signing and (!!) taking photos with pretty much whoever asked. He asked Nina about her glasses, and had a lot to say to Deb. He was clearly glowing after the show tonight, he was so relaxed and happy to stand around with us. 

Sorry about the ticket nightmare :aah: Webster Hall is really a great venue once the show starts. Sounds like it ended up very much like the second show in 2012. Seems NYC loves Mika and Mika loves NYC huh? Glad everyone had a great show in the end. :)

Just wanted to add one thing now:

11203091_10155507218970321_7119993009712

Hallelujah! :naughty:

The new stage setting looks as fantastic as I thought in advance. Some of my photos here: 

http://mikagigs.com/2015/05/05/photo-gallery-mika-webster-hall-nyc-2/

And my videos here:

Good Wife

https://youtu.be/kxjI0r0n3L0

I'm usually not very interested in the visuals but I really like that set. Works so well in a concert hall. Good Wife sounds promising. Thanks for filming. Safe trip home!

But no... for me, as I follow him for many years... paraphrasing Freddie Mercury... too much TV will kill him... it´s a terrible mistake for an artist like him, who has so many possibilities... and only Mika really knows the reason for that madness. But without a hard work focused only in his music and creativity he will go under slowly... and yes... we´ll see the future... we can wait... I value him sooo much... but it´s a long way... and along that way, he´s loosing many really passionate fans... which is sad.  

I wish I be totally wrong. Really. 

Sorry for my words if they offend someone. It´s not my intention at all. 

Nobody has to reply me. I only wanted to express.

It took all my willpower not to reply to your ignorant rant yesterday but since you are still carrying on I am afraid I am going to have to reply now.

What in the F*CK are you on about? If I recall you were the one telling me and others to shut up when we were discussing the negative impact the TV shows were having on Mika's music career and his music fans in a thread called "Mika's career choices discussion." Now that he is FINALLY back on stage and FINALLY back to performing the way he was in the years before the TV shows, you are polluting the gig threads moaning about it.

I do not understand why you are complaining about gigs you did not attend in markets you know nothing about. NYC is not France. There was never an Imaginarium Tour in the US. He has never done a show like Parc des Princes here and no one is more thankful for it than me because I don't want to attend PDP! This US promo tour is going off like all the others have done since 2007 so I don't understand what there is for someone in Europe to be complaining about.

I could hear some songs sounding different, trying to innovate, but he shouldn´t touch his songs. Fans want listen them, like they are.

I saw him in Montreal and he was excellent. But now is a different thing.

Do you have any idea how completely contradictory these two sentences are since every arrangement at the Montreal shows was completely different from the originals? You don't like this setlist or him sweating in a club? Don't worry about it. You won't be getting that in Europe, I can almost guarantee it. Believe it or not, a couple of gigs in New York were not about you and what you want.

Think you should listen to your own words:

I think all of you talk too much.

He is an artist, specifically a musician, a creative. And his music is here, right now. It exists. He has created it for all of us. And he will continue to doing so. Are we going to tell him when (in time) he has to do it or how to do it?

He is a completely free artist. As everyone should be.

I hope he does not read or listen to our opinions at all. He is a self-confident person and if he ever has doubts, he has people around him to listen to much more than any of us.

Why so much talking then? Certain opinions influence very much in others who are fans. Even hurting. What's wrong with doing TV if you have the opportunity? I like to see him whenever I can, because I like his style, his presence and his personality that he projects outwards.

Who can say that tv will do harm in his career? Come on...

Who would want he continues in converse, braces, skinny jeans and t-shirts? Come on ... it would be ridiculous.

Edited by Christine
  • Like 4

Good Wife sounds very mikaish and I can't wait to hear it in the album! My first thought was "way too typical for Mika", but afterwards I immersed into it and found myself smiling with happiness! :groovy:

indeed! The tune is so mikaish and I love it so much! (even though the recording is not very clear but I can feel that ;) 

Anyone recognize the lyrics? so curious what is it about actually  :teehee:

indeed! The tune is so mikaish and I love it so much! (even though the recording is not very clear but I can feel that ;)

Anyone recognize the lyrics? so curious what is it about actually :teehee:

Maybe this would help

Thank you so much to all of you for your reports and videos :flowers2::huglove:

It was amazing to hear Good Wife for the first time :swoon:

Natasha shared it through periscope and that was like being there with you :wub2:

I get bits and pieces, but not the whole song...is there a thread for Good Wife yet so we all try to figure out the lyrics together? 

EDIT: I started one http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31812-good-wife-discussion-and-lyrics/#entry3998376

Please join and help :bow:

I don't know where Mika gets his magic powers from, but I love that song so much :swoon: 

I think his new album will be a killer :stretcher::excite:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Maybe this would help

I really like this song! I can't understand the lyrics yet but the music is beautiful and Mika's voice brings so much joy to me. He infects my heart with happiness. Thank you for posting the video.

• Like 1

In the second Acces Illimité episode you could hear a tiiiiny tiny bit of Good Wife, but I loved hearing the full version, even when the sound isn't perfect! Thank you all for the videos! I am curious for the lyrics too, but I already  love the melody :wub2:

• Like 1

Sometimes I´ve read about you on the internet. 

Yes I am the evil hag on the internet who is unpleasant and aggressive and the difference between us is that you - unlike me - are a sincere, honest and a good person who does not judge people they only know from the internet. You also forgot to mention that you are very modest! :lmfao:

I'm sorry to see there's no way people can confront each other without drama. Anyone should be able to express with respect and to accept critics in return without judging a whole forum.

We've been here for years, and always could exchange points of view as grown up people do.

Please go on talking about Mika freely, and turn page.

Thanks.

• Like 1