2015 - Webster Hall, New York City: 4 May - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

Good Wife sounds great! I saw a tiny winy bit of this concert on periscope, and it looked really good with the set and all that! I just wished he would get rid of that (these) suit(s) and tie(s).  :sneaky2:

Thanks for the reports! x

I'm sorry to see there's no way people can confront each other without drama. Anyone should be able to express with respect and to accept critics in return without judging a whole forum.

We've been here for years, and always could exchange points of view as grown up people do.

Please go on talking about Mika freely, and turn page.

Thanks.

and the conversation could continue in the corner that was reserved for these kinds of discussion when the subject was so close to our hearts, months ago 

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31234-mikas-career-choices-discussion/page-18?hl=career

Good Wife sounds great! I saw a tiny winy bit of this concert on periscope, and it looked really good with the set and all that! I just wished he would get rid of that (these) suit(s) and tie(s).  :sneaky2:

Thanks for the reports! x

He did... eventually  :naughty:

• Like 1

Can't wait to read the lyrics for Good Wife, couldn't catch them properly yet! The new stage setting looks as fantastic as I thought in advance. Some of my photos here: 

And my videos here:

Good Wife

Last Party

Good Guys

Now exhausted, must sleep a bit and back home tomorrow. Reports later! 

Great videos and photos, Nina! I'm almost embarrassed to share mine, yours are so good.

So just a few then...

My video for Good Wife -- as I said in the description, it keeps going in and out of focus so I'm not sure if it was the lights messing with the camera, or if I actually have something wrong with my camera. :(

[media]

[/media]

And photos:

11009166_10155506966155321_7773902294985

11209613_10155508086515321_6961576026575

1459107_10155508086700321_81458734477767

I'll try to do a report after I get a little more settled back at home.

• Like 8

A couple photos from the FB page of Astronautica, who was the opening DJ the past two nights. I see a few familiar outlines, including my own :)

11046875_822827127802191_837508279707948

11233994_822503161167921_787966302160949

Hi guys!

My name is Amy. I'm new to the fan club, but have been a MIKA fan since I first discovered Life in Cartoon Motion in 2008! I'm a 22 year old senior in college on Staten Island, NY. (I'm originally from Philadelphia, PA though).

I was at Webster Hall last night and I was at the Brooklyn show the night before! (When he didn't encore the first night we just couldn't bare the thought that our MIKA experience was over until a few years down the road whenever he next returns to the U.S... So my friend and I impulsively bought last minute tickets off Stubhub to Webster Hall and thank GOODNESS we did.) These were the second and third times we've seen MIKA live. We also saw him the last time he was at Webster Hall in 2012 promoting Origin. After that first concert we waited outside to meet him and thank goodness we stuck around the 2 hours to do so. He was short, but very sweet and took a photo with us!

Last night we had an amazing view from the balcony. We were as close as you could get to the stage on the non VIP side. The entire performance was magical. I have not stopped listening to the videos of Good Wife since then. It is without a doubt my favorite of the new songs we've heard thusfar. It's so tragic when you really get to delve into the lyrics and realize this poor man had to withold his feelings for a dear friend as he fell a part in front of him. Makes you wanna give him a big tight hug.

But the night just kept getting better. We waited around on the balcony to take pictures of the set and watch them break down the stage. Then we decided to use the restroom before heading out and while we were in line we saw MIKA come out in the VIP section on the other side of the balcony! After using the restroom we went over there and there wasn't a bouncer so we walked in just to sort of poke around. We certainly didn't mean to take away any of MIKA's time with family and friends. (It seems like there were other fan club members there too? But I'm new so I apologize, I don't know any of you gusy yet!). We didn't want to step on any toes by being there or bother anyone, so we just sort of stayed to the side and out of the way as best we could. We were content to just observe, haha! But at one point MIKA made eye contact with me and and so I smiled back at him. And he smiled and commenced a conversation! (I think he could sense that we were fans that weren't technically supposed to be there, but he seemed to appreciate that we weren't crowding him or fighting for a chance to talk.) So he turned to me and I just instinctively reached my hand out to shake it and congratulate him on an amazing show. He was SO SO very sweet. He ended up talking to us for 5 minutes! I told him that I was at the Brooklyn show the night before and he was eager to compare the two shows. He said "Ugh, tonight was much better." I just said that I loved how different they were and I felt so lucky to have seen both. I then complimented him on Good Wife and told him how much I adored it and he seemed very touched by that! He was excited to talk about the new album. We didn't want to take up too much of his time so we wrapped it up quickly, but I was just so touched that he took the time to talk to us. It was a magical moment for us.

I'm so glad I've found this community. I can't wait to get to know you all better! I'm ready to start exploring some of these threads! Nice to meet you all!

• Like 9

This report might be a bit less coherent since it's getting late, but I want to write everything down before I forget!

I got to Webster Hall around 11 with Deb and Kira. Kira had to go to class, but Deb and I stayed. When we got there, Nina and Dee were there, and people filled in throughout the day! We got to watch the venue folks bringing in a bunch of boxes, and those of us who were there early got to sit in the shade on the steps, which was really nice! I like this neighborhood, so it was fun to spend the day there! And once again, it was a beautiful day!

They started getting us in line to go in around an hour before doors. The security people were handling the line very well. They were being very professional. I was impressed. Unfortunately, things were not as good going in, but thanks to some very nice people, Kira and I still ended up in the front row, next to Dee and Deb. Again, the DJ set felt sooo long. It was fun to dance to, it just wasn't Mika! During this time we got to check out the stage decorations though: They fit on stage this time, and they were really fun! I loved having all that color on stage, it framed the whole thing very nicely. 

From the moment he came on stage, I could tell that this was going to be even better than Verboten. This was partially because of the setup: with the space between the stage and where we were standing, it felt more like a performance and less like a big dance party compared to last night. Also, the speaker was in front of us, so the sound was more balanced. And more importantly, the crowd was soooo into it! Every time I looked around, people were singing, dancing, and jumping as far as the eye could see. As Deb mentioned, Mika said that he had been in a horrible mood before the show, but I think it would have been impossible to keep that up with the energy of the crowd in front of you! Whatever it was that improved his mood worked: he was so smiley, saying ridiculous things, and clearly having as wonderful of a time as we were the whole night.

Yeah. Everything he sang was spot on and sounded wonderful. The dancing was... Mika dancing. Cute! He wasn't engaging directly with people as much throughout the gig, but I think that's because he couldn't reach us to mess with us: he did touch people's hands at the end. But, unlike Verboten, he had everyone close their eyes during Underwater: I think it was because the audience was more under his spell than last night. And, of course, he played Good Wife!!! I LOVED it, I can't wait to hear the recorded version (and thank you so much to those who have posted videos!). He also did an encore, which he didn't at Verboten. I love hearing the new twists they've put on the songs this tour: Popular, a new Love Today intro, and Lollipop. Also, he was singing to Audrey during Lollipop, which was very cute! 

Oh yes, the decorations didn't just look nice: Mika was playing with them throughout the show! He was using the traffic light to show his band when to stop playing at the end of one song, he broke the trumpet on the front of the stage (maybe that was an accident!) and he played "He loves me, he loves me not..." with one of the flowers! (At first, he loved him not, but after playing Love Today, he loved him!)

I left the place feeling amazing. Verboten was awesome, but Webster Hall was so so sooo amazing. I'm so glad to see by his tweet that Mika agreed. Outside he was being SO accommodating of the waiting fans: He let everyone who approached him have their item signed or get a picture with him even, and was striking up conversations with Deb and Nina! Even though he was very tired, he was being very kind to us.  :wub:

I'm so sad that my piece of the action on this tour is over, but I can't wait to hear how the LA show goes! Thanks everyone who I hung out with this time for making it so fun! And of course, thanks Mika for two wonderful shows  :wub:

• Like 6

Really nice to see that everyone had a great time! Love the 'vibe' of Good Wife :wub: , but see what everyone means about that suit :fisch: . I really want him to tour the UK now! :yes:

I left the place feeling amazing. Verboten was awesome, but Webster Hall was so so sooo amazing. I'm so glad to see by his tweet that Mika agreed. Outside he was being SO accommodating of the waiting fans: He let everyone who approached him have their item signed or get a picture with him even, and was striking up conversations with Deb and Nina! Even though he was very tired, he was being very kind to us.  :wub:

I'm so sad that my piece of the action on this tour is over, but I can't wait to hear how the LA show goes! Thanks everyone who I hung out with this time for making it so fun! And of course, thanks Mika for two wonderful shows  :wub:

Aww, thanks for your sweet report, Indy. I think you've covered all the main points so that I don't have to now. :thumb_yello:

And it looks like Lasher has posted a video of the meet after the show, so I don't have to explain that, either. As a basically lazy person, I appreciate this! :naughty:

[media]

[/media]

I'm so glad I've found this community. I can't wait to get to know you all better! I'm ready to start exploring some of these threads! Nice to meet you all!

Welcome, Amy! :welcomeani: So glad you found us, too!

And very happy to hear about your unexpected Mika encounter. Mika is (almost) always unfailingly polite and accommodating so I'm not surprised at all that he spent some time with you.  :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Thanks lasher and deb for the m&g vid! What did he say to you deb about something would get redone (properly)? I didn't get what it was you were talking about ..

Thanks lasher and deb for the m&g vid! What did he say to you deb about something would get redone (properly)? I didn't get what it was you were talking about ..

Indy and I were wearing the old MIKA rosettes. He poked mine and said he was going to get more made again -- I think he said that to me the last time I wore it, actually. But anyway, that was it -- I think he liked seeing them. I was thinking, maybe we could have them made with the MFC logo and colors. Where would we have something like that done? Hmmm... my next project... Actually, better wait until we see what the new mikasounds.com looks like.... :wink2:

• Like 5

OK, I wasn't going to put this on youtube for a couple reasons -- it keeps going in and out of focus, again :sneaky2:   and it cuts off before the end of the song because I just couldn't help but jump at the end, since Mika was gesturing for us to JUMP! :naughty:

But I figured something is better than nothing and you can see the song with the set at least a little bit -- so don't judge me too harshly.

[media]

[/media]

Also thought I'd add this pic of the t-shirts I bought -- there were 4 different styles. These two, plus a white one (at least under the light it looked white) with buildings and different song lyrics (but I can't remember which song, may have been Good Guys?), and a black one with the buildings. They were all $30US

11150361_10155511097980321_3696536362042

• Like 3

Thank you so so so so much for your reports, pics and videos! :flowers2:

It's so nice to read that everythings went ok and you had a lot of fun!!

Also thought I'd add this pic of the t-shirts I bought -- there were 4 different styles. These two, plus a white one (at least under the light it looked white) with buildings and different song lyrics (but I can't remember which song, may have been Good Guys?), and a black one with the buildings. They were all $30US

Hope that they'll sell even in Europe cause the one with building is very nice :wub2:

Indy and I were wearing the old MIKA rosettes. He poked mine and said he was going to get more made again -- I think he said that to me the last time I wore it, actually. But anyway, that was it -- I think he liked seeing them. I was thinking, maybe we could have them made with the MFC logo and colors. Where would we have something like that done? Hmmm... my next project... Actually, better wait until we see what the new mikasounds.com looks like.... :wink2:

Oh they would be really nice!

I don't have the rosette 'cause I came after that I suppose but I would really like to have one... it's a hallmark definitely very particular. 

OMG I just love the t shirt on the left !!!! I want to buy it  :wub:

Thanks everybody for the lovely reports and pictures. I was also there but I have not much more to add. I had a great time. I was in New York with a friend and we also wanted to visit the city so we arrived quite late at the venue. We were in line at around 7PM. We got the same troubles as others mentioned with the tickets, but when we entered we managed to find a great spot at the balcony just in front of the stage.

Everything was fantastic. Apart from of course the energy, the music and the stage, I especially enjoyed the lights. I thought they were designed very well and really made the stage change a lot and create very different moods. I loved the very colourful ones, but also the ones with different shades of red, blue violet.... In my opinion it worked perfectly with this new stage.

The night before after the Brooklyn's concert I was too tired and jetlagged to join for the famous pierogies, but after this second concert it was very nice to chat outside while waiting for Mika. It was great to meet you Deb, and catching up with Nina, as well as meeting the lovely Indy and Kira and other nice fans. Of course it was also nice to meet him for the first time. I told him the concert was amazing, and I guess he recognized a strong accent so he asked me where I was from. I said something like "italian, but not one of those crazy teenagers of yours, plus I live in Copenhagen". he laughed and said something like "oh scanditalian" or something like that. I really don't remember, I was exausted after walking all day and dancing and singing through the whole concert, and at the same time I was definetely feeling lots of adrenaline after such a great show. I need to watch the M&G video, thanks so much for posting it!

I was really hoping he would add some dates in UK and Scandinavian to the tour, but now with this Xfactor business it sounds pretty unrealistic :( ...Cheers Stefania

I hope they will sell them on the new mikasounds.com when it gets up and going. I really like those shirts!

YouTube user https://www.youtube.com/user/obi3wanuploads videos ! she (?) already has uploaded Brooklyn's videos.

Relax

Good Wife

We Are Golden

Popular Song

Last Party

Grace Kelly

Underwater

Love Today

Happy Ending

Big Girl

Elle Me Dit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWFkaCzHiC0