Good Wife - Discussion and lyrics

Just received the physical album and it has all the lyrics in the booklet, and it says "It's just what I was hurled" as well :thumb_yello:

Are you serious? Guylaine :hi5:

Oh thank goodness. That was doing my head in. :freak:

Haha yes she was right. A (slightly misguided) attempt to rhyme with world. :naughty:

:pbjt:    lol i must have listened to it 10000 times. After you said you didn't think it was hurled, i was starting to hear "learned" which isn't any better.  :naughty:   I was doubting my ears.  :sneaky2:

I think he's seen our desperate attempts at understanding him and has decided to make life a little easier for us :naughty:

Well, I'm glad all the lyrics are in the booklet. I always appreciate that.

Thank you Manon and Mika, you saved our sanity :bow::flowers2:

Oh thank goodness. That was doing my head in. :freak:

Haha yes she was right. A (slightly misguided) attempt to rhyme with world. :naughty:

I know. I must have played that little bit over a million times. My husband suggested "just what I observed" and I was starting to go with that, actually.

I think he's seen our desperate attempts at understanding him and has decided to make life a little easier for us :naughty:

Well, I'm glad all the lyrics are in the booklet. I always appreciate that.

Yes, I appreciate the lyrics booklets, too... but can I just say that I'm still a tiny little bit skeptical? We've seen lyrics booklets (Mika's) before that have had absolutely WRONG lyrics in them. And the label consistently posts incorrect lyrics to his songs... so there's still a part of me that is reluctant to believe that Mika used the word "hurled" so awkwardly.  :naughty:  Even though I know full well that this is the same man who wrote "fork out my daylight" and other unusual lyrics...

:dunno:

It's frustrating isn't it. I'd love to hear the songs in full.

Sorry, Marilyn, the album is out there already -- since it's been released in Germany, Netherlands and a number of other places, there have been things on youtube and elsewhere, you just have to look for them. Not much longer until it's out "officially" everywhere. :)

I know. I must have played that little bit over a million times. My husband suggested "just what I observed" and I was starting to go with that, actually.

Yes, I appreciate the lyrics booklets, too... but can I just say that I'm still a tiny little bit skeptical? We've seen lyrics booklets (Mika's) before that have had absolutely WRONG lyrics in them. And the label consistently posts incorrect lyrics to his songs... so there's still a part of me that is reluctant to believe that Mika used the word "hurled" so awkwardly.  :naughty:  Even though I know full well that this is the same man who wrote "fork out my daylight" and other unusual lyrics...

Sorry, Marilyn, the album is out there already -- since it's been released in Germany, Netherlands and a number of other places, there have been things on youtube and elsewhere, you just have to look for them. Not much longer until it's out "officially" everywhere. :)

I'll wait though. If the songs aren't meant to be there I won't draw attention by going on the sites. I'm enjoying the songs we know already. I'll wait the extra week

It's just another meaning for the Mika quote "Thank you patience."

That's our Mika :naughty: I refused to believe I heard "morveux" in L'amour fait ce qu'il veut, but the booklet has it that way too... and for once the lyrics seem to be true to the songs as far as I could check....the lyrics are only in the Deluxe edition booklet and not in the other by the way.

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Having spent the day listening to the album around the house I've just lain in bed listening to my favourite tracks (so many on day 1!!!!) but the feeling I get from Good Wife is overwhelming. When the chorus comes in I'm literally lifting up my arms in the dark and mouthing the words like I'm at a gig....desperately trying not to sing them out loud as it's 2am and my fiancé is sleeping soundly beside me!! I just want to listen to it on repeat!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, let him sing it st a Hyde Park next week!!!!

• Like 1

Having spent the day listening to the album around the house I've just lain in bed listening to my favourite tracks (so many on day 1!!!!) but the feeling I get from Good Wife is overwhelming. When the chorus comes in I'm literally lifting up my arms in the dark and mouthing the words like I'm at a gig....desperately trying not to sing them out loud as it's 2am and my fiancé is sleeping soundly beside me!! I just want to listen to it on repeat!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, let him sing it st a Hyde Park next week!!!!

Maybe everyone going to Hyde Park should tweet him and ask him to sing Good Wife there. It would go down a storm. He needs to sing some of the new songs, not just stick with songs like Big Girl. The UK media always used to make fun of Mika for singing Big Girl. I'm not too fond of it myself. So I hope he doesn't sing that one. The UK audience needs to see, and hear, the new Mika of 2015. Then they will really love him.  

• Like 2

Maybe everyone going to Hyde Park should tweet him and ask him to sing Good Wife there. It would go down a storm. He needs to sing some of the new songs, not just stick with songs like Big Girl. The UK media always used to make fun of Mika for singing Big Girl. I'm not too fond of it myself. So I hope he doesn't sing that one. The UK audience needs to see, and hear, the new Mika of 2015. Then they will really love him.  

Just saw a video from yesterday in France,he said that he is performing old songs because his fans wants that  :doh:  We must let him know that he is wrong  :aah:  So many new songs,and he's still doing BG,Lollipop,WAG,EMD,GK,Relax,etc.....Even the good things become annoying when it's too much.

Good Wife is such a great song. I was pretty sure I'd like it when I heard the live versions that had been posted here, but I had to wait for the studio version to be sure, and now I know I love it!

Just saw a video from yesterday in France,he said that he is performing old songs because his fans wants that  :doh:  We must let him know that he is wrong  :aah:  So many new songs,and he's still doing BG,Lollipop,WAG,EMD,GK,Relax,etc.....Even the good things become annoying when it's too much.

Well, to some extent I understand why he does the old songs. I'm still a new fan myself (for about a year), and September will be the first time I get to go to one of Mika's concerts. I admit I'd be a little disappointed if he didn't do, say, Love Today.  :P That said, I'd love to hear more of the new songs as well. (And I could definitely do without Big Girl, as that song is not one of my faves either!)

Edited by Lunari

Good Wife is such a great song. I was pretty sure I'd like it when I heard the live versions that had been posted here, but I had to wait for the studio version to be sure, and now I know I love it!

Well, to some extent I understand why he does the old songs. I'm still a new fan myself (for about a year), and September will be the first time I get to go to one of Mika's concerts. I admit I'd be a little disappointed if he didn't do, say, Love Today.  :P That said, I'd love to hear more of the new songs as well. (And I could definitely do without Big Girl, as that song is not one of my faves either!)

Well we all know he'll sing GK and probably LT, but then he could really do with singing the new songs. People need to hear them, especially in the UK, where his newer music isn't well known. The songs on NPIH are phenomenal, I would say they are the best he's ever written. They are full of his heart and soul, especially Good Wife.

• Like 3

Then the only solution I see is to make his shows lasting 4 hours,this way he could perform all the new songs,and LT  :rolleyes:

Then the only solution I see is to make his shows lasting 4 hours,this way he could perform all the new songs,and LT  :rolleyes:

That would be nice. Too bad he'd probably lose his voice even faster than he did during the Asian tour. ;)

Seriously though, I would love for half of his setlist to be from NPIH, as I love the album. But there will always be people who come to his concerts mostly to hear GK and other old hits, so I don't think he'll ever completely stop doing those.

And to stay on the topic of Good Wife, he has done this song live a few times now and it seems to have gone over very well with the fans, so I think there's a good chance he'll keep including it in his shows. :)

• Like 2

That would be nice. Too bad he'd probably lose his voice even faster than he did during the Asian tour. ;)

Seriously though, I would love for half of his setlist to be from NPIH, as I love the album. But there will always be people who come to his concerts mostly to hear GK and other old hits, so I don't think he'll ever completely stop doing those.

And to stay on the topic of Good Wife, he has done this song live a few times now and it seems to have gone over very well with the fans, so I think there's a good chance he'll keep including it in his shows. :)

I understand what you mean,I will never get bored by Happy Ending,Blue Eyes,Underwater,or Toy Boy,and probably he must keep on the setlist GK and LT,but I'm afraid he'll avoid to perform more new songs...... I see he already skipped Good Wife at the last two gigs  <_<

• Like 1

I understand what you mean,I will never get bored by Happy Ending,Blue Eyes,Underwater,or Toy Boy,and probably he must keep on the setlist GK and LT,but I'm afraid he'll avoid to perform more new songs...... I see he already skipped Good Wife at the last two gigs  <_<

Really? I didn't pay close attention to the last few setlists, and didn't know he skipped Good Wife. :( I hope he starts including it again, as this song really is one of the best on NPIH. Hopefully the song and the whole album will get more positive attention once the album is officially released everywhere.

• Like 1

I do really love this one on the new album  :thumb_yello:  in my top 5  :fangurl: 

once again, Mika is singing so high sometimes  :fisch:  :wub: , maybe this is the reason why he can not sing this one in each gig, because the chorus is really "high treble", that must be so tiring for his voice  :mika2: 

In this album, I have found the MIKA I love, the one who can sing very very high, just like a girl sometimes and that gives me shivers  :wub: 

• Like 2

At this moment,I find this song the best song from the album,it has everything : witty heartfelt lyrics, dynamic structure of melody, a wide range of beautiful vocals,absolutely brilliant!  :wub:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1