I can't say how proud i am of MIKA - using his popularity in France, to front such a good cause, and campaign!! I hope the press conferance will give really good results Thanks a lot Eriko, for updating us here!

Love,love

me

• Like 2

Facebook

Imagine For Margo - Children without Cancer

https://www.facebook.com/116327291823873/photos/pb.116327291823873.-2207520000.1442051604./745856502204279/?type=3&theater

"Tous devant vos postes demain dimanche à 14h15 sur France 2 pour regarder Vivement Dimanche avec notre cher MIKA.

Sans doute glissera t'il un mot sur Imagine for Margo et la cause du cancer des enfants ?

Go, Fight, Win !"

MFC [ Vivement Dimanche ] thread is http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32143-vivement-dimanche-13-septembre-2015-france2/:thumb_yello:

887405_745856502204279_15439716770152586

• Like 1

Facebook

MIKA

https://www.facebook.com/mikasounds/photos/a.10150417790488040.363530.6006248039/10153233193123040/?type=1&theater

11145105_10153233193123040_8066793373471

We posted about this a few days ago, but just in case you missed it...
Mika supports the foundation "Imagine for Margo – Children without Cancer" in a beautiful, moving awareness campaign shot by Peter Lindbergh.

Because cancer should not be associated with children, the "Little Warriors" campaign aims to raise awareness of the cause and of course raise money for research.

The campaign was shot in Arles, on a beautiful beach where Mika and 6 little warriors spent a fun and relaxing weekend away from hospital. It resulted in a beautiful photo campaign and 3 incredibly moving videos.

Clément https://youtu.be/kMfRajQfJUM
Kedy https://youtu.be/cygbAc8oJKE
Maurine https://youtu.be/pPXYPIX2dJA

Cancer is the number one cause of mortality for children after accidents, with very little research from laboratories. This needs to change and Mika is happy to help!

Mika has given his time to promote this incredible charity, we hope you'll support too. More information on www.imagineformargo.org

14/09/2015

(Français) 13 septembre – Vivement Dimanche avec Mika

Un IMMENSE MERCI à MIKA qui a parlé de si belle manière du cancer des enfants, de son soutien à la cause et à notre association, de la campagne de sensibilisation dont il est le porte parole, de son amitié avec Peter Lindbergh qui a réalisé la campagne, du voyage en Camargue que nous avons fait avec lui et les petits guerriers.

Et des petits guerriers. Beaucoup d’émotion, de tendresse, d’humour et d’espoir dans ses mots.

Un magnifique témoignage.

MERCI, MERCI MIKA !

:uk:

VIDEOS by MikaWebsite[.Com!]

Thanks a lot for sharing as always !! :wub:

WATCH

Vidéo : Mika dans « Vivement Dimanche »

Download

« Vivement Dimanche »Mika - Vivement Dimanche - France 2 - 13.09.2015 - MP4 - MWS.zip

« Vivement Dimanche Prochain »Mika - Vivement Dimanche Prochain - France 2 - 13.09.2015 - MP4 - MWS.zip

Edited by Kumazzz

Facebook

Imagine For Margo - Children without Cancer

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=750141308442465&id=116327291823873

C'était dimanche dernier, dans l'émission Vivement Dimanche de Michel Drucker.

MIKA s'est exprimé sur la cause du cancer des enfants, sur son engagement personnel à nos côtés, avec Peter Lindbergh, sur la campagne de sensibilisation dont il est le porte parole.

Extrait à voir ou revoir sans modération !

It was last Sunday, Michel Drucker's Vivement Dimanche.

MIKA has spoken about the cause of child cancer, his personal commitment on our side, with Peter Lindbergh, the awareness campaign which he is the spokesman. Extract to see or see again without moderation!

• Like 1

Conférence de Presse - MIKA & Imagine for Margo

A l'occasion de la campagne de sensibilisation au cancer des enfants réalisée généreusement par Peter Lindbergh, Imagine for Margo a organisé une conférence de presse avec Mika, qui soutien l'association et la cause du cancer des enfants.
11 septembre 2015

@mikasounds's tweets

:uk: Translation by crazyaboutmika

Translation in English:

Imagine for Margo was an association we created at the end of the year 2011 in order to help research and ameliorate the well being of children in hospital. In 2009 Margo had started a fundraising while she was being ill. Altough she was only 14 , she had managed to mobilise 100 000 euros and that money lead to an important discovery about her particular illness. So we could see that through her fight, and her funraising that we could both get people involved around us and that if it is done aiming at a precise research project,it doesn't take several years to see the first results.  

Cancer in children happen for one child among 440 children developping cancer before the age of 15 and among those one out of five will not be saved. Two years ago, magine for Margo took the initative to take children who suffer from cancer and have to stay in hospital on a week end out. The goal was to give happiness to those children and I think those moments were extremely intense and moving and behind those moments of happiness, behind this solidarity which was created , there was also another motivation. A wish to share this, to inform more people about what was happening , what was at stake, and how much we need to move onwards and to be supported. 

That's why thanks to Peter Lindbergh and his team, thanks to Mika, we're starting a beautiful and big campaign aiming at helping research against  children cancer .
There are very few images about children cancer, and when we took conscience of that we told ourselves :But , it would be good to have real images, that would make people understand what children cancer is. And so I wrote an e-mail to Peter Lindbergh , whom I knew for other reasons, because I thought  he would be the only one photographer able to do this. He will find himself with children fighting against cancer, we need someone who is sweet and kind, who has  really a special contact, and so he created a dream week end for six little warriors , so we had a photographer , we had children, but we lacked an ambassador, and so we were thinking it would be good to have Mika. And one the day when he wore his butterfly jacket in The Voice , we told ourselves it had to be him. 

Mika: I told myself, it's a beautiful adventure, we all know the idea of illness that is children cancer but if you haven't had a personal experience of it, it's hard to understand what it is exactly, and how children react and how it changes their own lives the lives of all the people in their family.
And I met the children and they were amazing!
We went to the beach, we played games, we took pics, then we built sand castles, then we went to a restaurant, we heard a flamenco concert, they had had enough of flamenco so they forced me to sing, so I sang. And then there was one of these young boy whose name was Noé who had had enough of hearing me sing, so he decided to sing , so he went on the stage and started singing. It was so funny, so frank, so filled with life, life was everywhere, they didn't censor themselves, those people, those little people, those little adults, they can change everyone's lives around them. It was very moving. I was on The Voice set, shooting the second season, there is a woman who comes to me and says: I need to talk to you; she was Noé's mother, who explained to me that Noé had died, then I also received a letter from Juliette's mother, who was thanking me for that week end, how it was the most beautiful memory of Juliette's childhood, but that she has died too.
And so , suddenly it was true, it was not just a week end, it was something true and I associated myself in a much closer way this year with the project.
It was an obvious choice, it was a choice I had made with Peter and it's totally thanks to him if I'm here today.

The little warriors are here, they teach us so much with their huge courage, and we count on you to help us talk about our cause, about our beautiful campain, and help us develop new treatments for the little warriors. 

Maurine, ten years old : I have cancer here, here and here. My treatements were chemio, surgeries, I'm a little warrior and I fight. It's necessary! 

Mika: Today , help us and give to research against children cancer. 

Edited by Kumazzz
audating
  • Like 2

Conférence de Presse - MIKA & Imagine for Margo

A l'occasion de la campagne de sensibilisation au cancer des enfants réalisée généreusement par Peter Lindbergh, Imagine for Margo a organisé une conférence de presse avec Mika, qui soutien l'association et la cause du cancer des enfants.

11 septembre 2015

Translation in English:

Imagine for Margo was an association we created at the end of the year 2011 in order to help research and ameliorate the well being of children in hospital. In 2009 Margo had started a fundraising while she was being ill. Altough she was only 14 , she had managed to mobilise 100 000 euros and that money lead to an important discovery about her particular illness. So we could see that through her fight, and her funraising that we could both get people involved around us and that if it is done aiming at a precise research project,it doesn't take several years to see the first results.  

Cancer in children happen for one child among 440 children developping cancer before the age of 15 and among those one out of five will not be saved. Two years ago, magine for Margo took the initative to take children who suffer from cancer and have to stay in hospital on a week end out. The goal was to give happiness to those children and I think those moments were extremely intense and moving and behind those moments of happiness, behind this solidarity which was created , there was also another motivation. A wish to share this, to inform more people about what was happening , what was at stake, and how much we need to move onwards and to be supported. 

That's why thanks to Peter Lindberg and his team, thanks to Mika, we're starting a beautiful and big campain aiming at helping research against  children cancer .
There are very few images about children cancer, and when we took conscience of that we told ourselves :But , it would be good to have real images, that would make people understand what children cancer is. And so I wrote an e-mail to Peter Lindbergh , whom I knew for other reasons, because I thought  he would be the only one photographer able to do this. He will find himself with children fighting against cancer, we need someone who is sweet and kind, who has  really a special contact, and so he created a dream week end for six little warriors , so we had a photographer , we had children, but we lacked an ambassador, and so we were thiking it would be good to have Mika. And one the day when he wore his butterfly jacket in The Voice , we told ourselves it had to be him. 

Mika: I told myself, it's a beautiful adventure, we all know the idea of illness that is children cancer but if you haven't had a personal experience of it, it's hard to understand what it is exactly, and how children react and how it changes their own lives the lives of all the people in their family. And I met the children and they were amazing! We went to the beach, we played games, we took pics, then we built sand castles, then we went to a restaurant, we heard a flamenco concert, they had had enough of flamenco so they forced me to sing, so I sang. And then there was one of these young boy whose name was Noé who had had enough of hearing me sing, so he decided to sing , so he went on the stage and started singing. It was so funny, so frank, so filled with life, life was everywhere, they didn't censor themselves, those people, those little people, those little adults, they can change everyone's lives around them. It was very moving. I was on The Voice set, shooting the second season, there is a woman who comes to me and says: I need to talk to you; she was Noé's mother, who explained to me that Noé had died, then I also received a letter from Juliet's mother, who was thanking me for that week end, how it was the most beautiful memory of Juliet's childhood, but that she has died too. And so , suddenly it was true, it was not just a week end, it was something true and I associated myself in a much closer way this year with the project. It was an obvious choice, it was a choice I had made with Peter and it's totally thanks to him if I'm here today.

The little warriors are here, they teach us so much with their huge courage, and we count on you to help us talk about our cause, about our beautiful campain, and help us develop new treatments for the little warriors. 

Maurine, ten years old : I have cancer here, here and here. My treatements were chemio, surgeries, I'm a little warrior and I fight. It's necessary! 

• Like 3

Translation in English:

That's why thanks to Peter Lindberg and his team, thanks to Mika, we're starting a beautiful and big campain aiming at helping research against  children cancer .

There are very few images about children cancer, and when we took conscience of that we told ourselves :But , it would be good to have real images, that would make people understand what children cancer is. And so I wrote an e-mail to Peter Lindbergh , whom I knew for other reasons, because I thought  he would be the only one photographer able to do this. He will find himself with children fighting against cancer, we need someone who is sweet and kind, who has  really a special contact, and so he created a dream week end for six little warriors , so we had a photographer , we had children, but we lacked an ambassador, and so we were thiking it would be good to have Mika. And one the day when he wore his butterfly jacket in The Voice , we told ourselves it had to be him. 

Mika: I told myself, it's a beautiful adventure, we all know the idea of illness that is children cancer but if you haven't had a personal experience of it, it's hard to understand what it is exactly, and how children react and how it changes their own lives the lives of all the people in their family. And I met the children and they were amazing! We went to the beach, we played games, we took pics, then we built sand castles, then we went to a restaurant, we heard a flamenco concert, they had had enough of flamenco so they forced me to sing, so I sang. And then there was one of these young boy whose name was Noé who had had enough of hearing me sing, so he decided to sing , so he went on the stage and started singing. It was so funny, so frank, so filled with life, life was everywhere, they didn't censor themselves, those people, those little people, those little adults, they can change everyone's lives around them. It was very moving. I was on The Voice set, shooting the second season, there is a woman who comes to me and says: I need to talk to you; she was Noé's mother, who explained to me that Noé had died, then I also received a letter from Juliet's mother, who was thanking me for that week end, how it was the most beautiful memory of Juliet's childhood, but that she has died too. And so , suddenly it was true, it was not just a week end, it was something true and I associated myself in a much closer way this year with the project. It was an obvious choice, it was a choice I had made with Peter and it's totally thanks to him if I'm here today.

Thank you for the translation. :thumb_yello:  His quote's perfect for the Mika encyclopedia.

Anyone know who the lighter-haired woman speaking before Mika is?

• Like 3

Thank you for the translation. :thumb_yello:  His quote's perfect for the Mika encyclopedia.

Anyone know who the lighter-haired woman speaking before Mika is?

http://imagineformargo.org/le-conseil-dadministration/

Ms Marie-Anne Aymerich, Vice-Présidente, Responsable de la Communication (Vice President, Head of Communications)

post-18723-0-05819800-1443020124_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

Translation in English:

Thank you very much for sharing it and for the translation! It's very moving, very beautiful project and campaign.

• Like 2

A 2:09 mn, Catherine et Liliane nous parlent @ImagineforMargo ...@mikasounds http://m.canalplus.fr/?vid=1311068

https://vk.com/video232312753_171431092

( unfortunately YouTube is blocked )

crazyaboutmika's explanation in English :uk:

I've seen it on TV, they said :

" cancer and children do not rime anyway, and that it showed that the slogan didn't cost much, which meant all the money that was collected really went to the children and research and not to some fancy slogan making firm, so that was good! "

Edited by Kumazzz
updating
  • Like 2

I've seen it on TV, they said :" cancer and children do not rime anyway, and that it showed that the slogan didn't cost much, which meant all the money that was collected really went to the children and research and not to some fancy slogan making firm, so that was good! "

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

Thanks for your translation Anne!  :hug:  This was very touching - and very sad - to read about the two kids,  who had died, and the way MIKA got to know about it :( I'm so happy he'll go on, with supporting this important project and campaign... :wub:    

Love,love

me 

• Like 2

Thanks for your translation Anne!  :hug:  This was very touching - and very sad - to read about the two kids,  who had died, and the way MIKA got to know about it :( I'm so happy he'll go on, with supporting this important project and campaign... :wub:    

Love,love

me 

Yes, it was very sad that they didn't live long after that, it made me cry when I read the news and Mika keeps them in his heart and thoughts too because he twitted about them around Christmas in a very moving way as well, they were so lively in spite of their illness and they'll stay in our memories for ever :wub2: 

L’invité – Mardi 15 septembre 2015

http://www.yvelines1.com/linvite/linvite-mardi-15-septembre-2015/

INVITE :  rencontre avec Patricia BLANC, Présidente de l’association “Imagine for Margo”, elle revient sur la grande campagne sensibilisation au cancer des enfants

:uk: translation by crazyaboutmika :wub:#101 

Edited by Kumazzz
adding a translation

Magazine

France Dimanche 3604 – 25 Septembre au 1er Octobre 2015

http://www.francedimanche.fr/interview-les-journalistes-ont-la-parole/mika-son-fabuleux-combat-contre-le-cancer/

Interview MIKA

Mika : Son fabuleux combat contre le cancer

le 25 septembre 2015

:uk: translation by crazyaboutmika

translation into English:

MagazineFrance Dimanche 3604 – September 25th to Octobre 1st 2015

Interview MIKA

“I got involved for Juliette and Noé, who are now deceased.

'The singer has become the ambassador of of Imagine for Margo, an association fighting in order to develop research to cure children who suffer from cancer.“They are so gifted, or rough, those little warriors”France Dimanche25 Sep 2015

Margaux was 13 years old when she started suffering from headaches and vomiting . Her life and her family's abruptly changed
when an aggressive brain tumour was diagnosed. The courageous teenager fought during 16 months. Margaux had initiated a fundraising in favor of research, which provoked a huge response of many people showing their solidarity and an unprecedented big number of donations. Her mother, Patricia Blanc, has taken over Margaux's fight through the association Imagine for Margo-Children WithoutCancer. We met its ambassador, the singerMika..

France Dimanche : How did you hear about this association ?
Mika : Thanks to the photographer Peter Lindbergh. He contacted me and asked me if I would join them during a week end in 2014 in order to surprise the « little warriors». Do you know that each year in France, 2 500 children and teenagers are diagnosed with cancer and that 500 die because of cancer, which is more than a child per day ? People are not aware that most research programs are for treatments for adults and that only 2 % of the money funds of the labs who look for new meds are dedicated to search for children cancer. Everyone knows about that illness.But unless someone close to you had to fight against it, people ignore what a dramatic change it creates in the life of those kids and of their families... Most of the times it's very hard, and even more for those who don't get enough support. The association was created at the end of the year 2011. Its president Patricia Blanc, vice-présidente Marie-Anne Aymerich and Dr Dominique Valteau-Couanet [in charge of children and teenagers cancer treatment unit at ’Institut Gustave-Roussy à Villejuif,added by France Dimanche ] have an accute sense of emergency. I am very impressed by those women' s strenght. The.association is rather discreet and only relies on unpaid volunteers . Peter Lindbergh offered his photos and JC Decaux the posters display.

.France Dimanche . : Tell us about those Camargue week ends with the « little warriors » ?
Mika: That is Peter' s idea. He is a joyful anarchist . He ates snobs and fads. However , he is the greatest fashion photographer! Last year I met Juliette and Noé. Both were 10 years old and they were my fav. They both died. They are the ones who made me want to get involved publicly. After Juliette's death, Adèle, her 7 years old litle sister , sent me a very joyful letter with photos. She wanted me to see Juliette with hair.

.France Dimanche. : It's not easy to support such a cause.…
Mika : We all have to face hardship. I think all is written and that one has to do something in favor of those exceptional persons . Those children and the most honest and the most straightforward. The only thing that might shock about them is how mature they are. It's moving inspiring if needed, but also so sad to see that they are so adult. They helped me, thanks to their incredible wisdom sagesse, how to step back in life

.France Dimanche. : You are 32 years old , but you seem to be like a child when you're with them.
Mika. : Peter and the association get involved fpr those kids joyfully. And Disney's joy ! This enthousiasm, they are the ones who gave it to me. They are so gifted, or hard, those enfants terribles and warriors . In Camargue, they were totally amazing. We played with a kite on the beach, we built sand castles, we did a shooting . At the restaurant, during the flamenco evening, once they had had enough of flamenco they forced me to sing! Then Noé got up on the stage to replace me. Even if pretty Juliette was tired , I found them very funny. They didn't have any filter when they talked. Then one day, Noé's mother came to see me on The Voice set to tell me about the bad news. Then I got Juliette's mother's letter and she was thanking me because that week end was her daughter's best memory. But Juliette had died too. All the sudden, it was real.. When you witness their will of living, their urge to express themselves and their parents' energy, you forget the outcome .

France Dimanche. : « Go, fight , win ! » What do you think about the message Margaux left us ?
Mika. : One could believe it's a commercial to sell sneakers, but it's heartbreaking whem you know who created that slogan. It is very inspiring for me, when I am in a difficult situation, when I feel excluded, those words come to my mind. It's a very good motivation. On the way back home in the train, Clément wrote to me : « At least, we feel less alone. » I know why those words are so important. This cause isn't known enough , we have to share their messages and get more donations in favor of children cancer.

France Dimanche: Will you take part in the 4th run « Enfants sans cancer » organised by the association on September 27th ?
Mika: No, I will be touring and I won't be able to be at domaine national de Saint-Cloud where this great event will take place. The association has already gathered almost 700 000 euros to fund a treatment targeted to those little adults relapsing.
Photos: Peter with Janotte (middle photo) From left to right and from up to down: Mika with Clément, 11years old, Maurine 10 years old, and Kedy , 10 years old.
Flamenco evening, buildimg sand castles on the beach or kite flying, adults and children , they all lived at 200 per cent those two days away from hospital.
For donations: www.imagineformargo.org and www.enfantsanscancer.com

Septembre est le mois international de sensibilisation des cancers pédiatriques. Mika, l’artiste au grand coeur, est aussi un citoyen engagé. Depuis deux ans, il soutient les « Petits Guerriers » de l’association « Imagine for Margo ». Il nous a raconté cette belle aventure…

Photo-Exclusive-Confe%CC%81rence-de-Pres

Mika et les « Petits Guerriers » – © Peter Lindbergh

Ce maudit crabe est la première cause de mortalité par maladie chez l’enfant. Margaux avait 13 ans quand elle a eu des maux de tête et des vomissements. Sa vie et celle de sa famille ont basculé quand le diagnostic est tombé : tumeur agressive au cerveau. La courageuse adolescente s’est battue pendant seize mois… Avant sa disparition, Margaux a même initié une collecte pour faire avancer la recherche, qui a entraîné un immense mouvement de solidarité et un record de dons. Sa maman, Patricia Blanc, prolonge son combat à travers l’association « Imagine for Margo ». Lors de leur conférence de presse à Paris, le chanteur Mika nous a accordé un entretien.

France Dimanche : Comment avez-vous connu l’association ?

Mika : Si je suis l’ambassadeur d’Imagine for Margo, c’est grâce au photographe Peter Lindbergh. J’ai d’abord reçu un premier mail, écrit en majuscules, sans lien entre ces phrases très courtes, et sans ponctuation. Il écrit comme il parle. Alors, j’ai pensé que c’était un fou, ou une blague. Puis, on a contacté ma mère, et j’ai compris que c’était Peter. Il m’a proposé de les rejoindre un week-end en 2014, pour faire la surprise aux enfants. Je me suis dit « C’est une belle aventure ».

–> Lire aussi : Mika de The Voice : Son handicap a bouleversé sa vie !

Chaque année en France, 2500 enfants et adolescents sont diagnostiqués, et 500 meurent, soit plus d’un décès par jour…

M : Oui, on ignore que la recherche est axée sur les cancers adultes, et seulement 2% des fonds sont alloués à la recherche pédiatrique par l’industrie pharmaceutique. Tout le monde connaît cette maladie. Mais si on n’a pas vécu un cas personnellement, on ignore à quel point, elle bouleverse la vie des gosses et le parcours de leur famille ; les frères, les sœurs, les parents, les amis, et puis à l’école… Parfois, les gens peuvent se montrer solidaire. Mais, la plupart du temps, c’est très dur, spécialement pour ceux qui n’ont pas assez de soutien. Je n’ai pas vécu cette expérience dans ma famille, mais il me semble que si on agit avec de bonnes intentions, avec du cœur, on peut être utile et les aider.

F. D. : « Vas-y, bats-toi, gagne ! » Que pensez-vous du message d’espoir de Margaux ?

M. : Il s’adresse à tout le monde, en particulier aux enfants sans cancer. On pourrait croire que c’est une publicité pour des baskets. Mais, c’est poignant quand on sait de qui viennent ces mots. C’est même très inspirant pour moi, quand je me retrouve dans une situation difficile, que je me sens mis à part, j’y pense, c’est une belle motivation. Dans le train du retour, Clément m’a écrit : « Au moins, on se sent moins seuls. » Je sais pourquoi leurs mots sont si importants. Cette cause n’est pas assez connue, on se doit de transmettre leurs messages et obtenir des dons pour la recherche des cancers pédiatriques.

Plage_Mika-et-Peter.jpg

Mika et le photographe Peter Lindbergh

F. D. : Participerez-vous à la course du 27 septembre ?

M. : Non, je serai en tournée. L’association organise la 4ème course baptisée « Enfants sans cancer », au domaine national de Saint-Cloud. Ils ont déjà réuni plus de 900 000 €, pour financer un traitement ciblé pour ces petits adultes en rechute.

21683667452_2e9961699b_n.jpg

21508664379_063524ee4f_k.jpg

21704303481_eba9ba402a_h.jpg

21508247169_599d635a5c_h.jpg

post-18723-0-15407900-1443157083_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-03897100-1443157202_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-07708100-1443158443_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot Eriko - for sharing these MIKA tweets - I didn't see them before   :hug:  So beautiful,  that MIKA honours the memories of these kids ... :wub:

And the new art. gives this important campaign even more attention, which is great!  I hope we'll have a translation... :wink2:

Love,love

me

• Like 1