L’invité – Mardi 15 septembre 2015

http://www.yvelines1.com/linvite/linvite-mardi-15-septembre-2015/

INVITE :  rencontre avec Patricia BLANC, Présidente de l’association “Imagine for Margo”, elle revient sur la grande campagne sensibilisation au cancer des enfants

Translation into English 

And today in l'invité we will talk about this huge  campaign aiming at making people aware of children cancer , we'll talk about that with our guest Patricia Blanc. Hello Patricia Blanc. Hello. You are the president of the association"imagine for margo" and your fight is showing everywhere , on buildings, in magazines, on TV, on internet. Is that important to keep talking about it ?  Yes, absolutely, it' s very important to talk about it , first because this is the month for public awareness about children cancer (on an international level)  and also because it is still that illness that makes the more victims among children which isn't known enough, so one of our first objective is to let people know so that they get mobilized. Is that important also that those faces are put into the light, we have seen the singer  Mika in particular with those children. Is it important to have famous people associating with you?  Yes, a famous person who gets involved is a very important for us because people identify more and follow us more, and they become interested and that's how it goes. It's true we are very lucky that Mika is involved with us, we are very proud of that. So there are two important people who got involved into this campaign, a photographer and as I was saying this Lebanese -French singer. How did you get in touch with those two famous people? Actually the photographer Peter Lindbergh was wishing to help us, to get involved and help the children suffering with cancer and he had this extraordinary and very generous idea to take children to the seaside in Arles in fact, where he takes his own photos , in Camargue where he shoots the biggest stars ? He told himself, I'll do that too for the children. With his passion and his talent. Exactly. With his team he shot the children , in the same way he does with the biggest stars, with his famous black box, that is Peter Lindbergh's very particular technique. He took them to the sea to shoot them, both for them and their families and whatsmore we had this will to make sure the children would have a wonderful time and that it would be a good way to speak about our cause. That's how our campaign was born and at the beginning there were those photos idea then we told ourselves that maybe it would be good to get someone famous involved in the project , someone who would be there for the children during that week end , and also for our cause and Mika said yes right away and he's been doing it with us for two years now, and this year he's also helping us by giving his image for the campaign photos and we are very proud of that. I imagine that for the children , it's a wonderful encounter. Yes, it was a wonderful surprise , whatsmore the first year they didn't expect that to happen at all , so Mika arrived on the beach hiding for his arrival to be  a big surprise for the children , and whatsmore he was really very very close to them during the whole week end, he played with them on the beach, with a kite and building sandcastles and many other things. And on the evening in the restaurant they really spent great moments together. So this campaign is called "the little warriors"; there are six little warriors who went to Camargue. "Warrior' is a strong symbol to say they always fight against their illness without ever giving up. That's it , absolutely, they are true warriors and they teach us about life.  Now we'll change the subject a bit an explain what  your association does to collect funds for research. The fourth run of Enfants sans cancer will take place in September 27th. And it gets more and more successful since it started in 2012. Yes it is the fourth time the run takes place this year and we started with 600 runners , then 1000, then 1600 and this year we have more than 2000 runners involved. There's still a week left to join and it's true it's getting more and more successful and we are happy to see so many people getting involved, but each of this person raises funds for research. Why did you chose sports to promote your cause? Sports is good for health which is already a first message, and it's a good way to get people together because , in fact this event is open to everyone, you can run 5 or 10 kilometers, but you can also walk 5 kilometers. We wanted to create an event that everyone could be part of, related to sports and also to family , we have real runners ...and it's a bit sporty and very friendly and fun for families. Yes very friendly and family orientated and sporty too, with lots of generosity and solidarity because on that day, the researchers come and explain how they use the important funds we raise and give to them each year. And the figure of last year : 665 000  euros were raised and given to research. This is the biggest even in France as far as fundraising goes , in terms of a single cause, children cancer. This is we will raise a little bit more, we're almost there and we are very proud of the people who follow us and thanks to their generosity will allow to create a new program for a treatment which will include all children who had  relapses , and for whom classical treatments do not work, regardless of what particular cancer they suffer from. So this event is also a way  to tell people who get involved and give money: look, this is what we do with that money , it is going to help children and their families. Absolutely. The researchers come and explain what they do. What I also want to say and that is important concerning this event is that we give  research 100 per cent of the founds that people have raised. Your fight is a mother's fight. You lost your daughter Margo who suffered from brain cancer. When you see all those initiatives, I mean people's reaction and famous people reaction, how do you feel? Are you moved? Yes of course, I'm moved . Margo left us a message "go, fight, win" so we keep on fighting that fight and the idea is to win against this illness and the fact to see more and more people around us , famous people getting involved and the generosity of people. To see that we manage to fund  research programs and it's moving forward. It is important this research on the field of children cancer. It's too often forgotten that specific research against children is particularly complicated , very little money, very little funds, very little research. There is not much done for specific research about children cancer, it is still a rare desease ; the labs who make meds do not invest much either, so research must absolutely be boosted, so we get new treatments for children. Right now 80 percent of children with cancers are cured successfully which is a very good thing, and those children need to be cured in a better way, so they suffer less from the after-effects, and there are still 500 in France who die because of cancer each year,it's more than one a day. That's why there's a big need to help those children. So put on your sneakers on September 27th, visit the internet site whose address you can see on the bottom on the screen and you'll be able to give money to help the association Imagine for Margo. Thank you very much Patricia Blanc. Thanks a lot  to you. 

• Like 4

AND - thanks a lot to you Anne!   :hug: You're an angel - using so much of your time, with the translations - for all of us, who don't understand all this french stuff, with & about our common darling MIKA - the man with the warm and golden heart... :wub:  

Love,love

me 

• Like 1

Audio interview

La santé surtout!

http://www.lasantesurtout.com/interview-de-mika-ambassadeur-de-la-campagne-les-petits-guerriers-lancee-par-imagine-for-margo/

http://www.lasantesurtout.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/mika-imagineformargo.mp3

https://clyp.it/xvvrmuw3?token=a2e704f2445a86a3d5c5c09d5c0cef8f

Imagine for Margo se mobilise contre le cancer des enfants avec Mika Interview de Mika, ambassadeur de la campagne « Les petits guerriers » lancée par Imagine for Margo.

Faire avancer la lutte contre le cancer des enfants, c’est la raison d’être de l’association Imagine for Margo dont la présidente, Patricia Blanc a perdu sa fille Margo à l’âge de 14 ans.

Chaque année, en France, 1800 enfants et 700 jeunes de 15 à 18 ans sont diagnostiqués d’un cancer et 500 en meurent. 
Le cancer de l’enfant est la 1ère cause de mortalité par maladie et la 2ème cause de mortalité après les accidents.

Et pourtant, seulement 2% des fonds dédiés à la recherche anti-cancer sont alloués aux cancers pédiatriques, la recherche est essentiellement axée sur les cancers des adultes. Plus de 50% des médicaments administrés aux enfants ne sont officiellement pas autorisés chez l’enfant (non spécifiquement développés et testés sur les enfants). C’est pourquoi il est absolument essentiel et urgent de consolider la recherche académique et clinique pour pouvoir continuer de développer des médicaments adaptés aux enfants malades du cancer.

Depuis 2011, l’association se mobilise et lance pour la deuxième année consécutive, une campagne nationale de sensibilisation au cancer des enfants, grâce à l’immense générosité du photographe Peter Lindbergh et avec la participation du chanteur Mika.

21760419462_822d3c4b63_o.jpg

21745990226_66cdda21e7_o.jpg

Translation

Translation of Mika's interview in English

Health interview  by Jessica Falour 

Journalist: Each day in France, cancer kills and it kills one child a day. The association Imagine for Margo is launching this September its awereness campain and you are its ambassador Mika. Hello Mika.

Mika: Yes, hello.

Journalist: Hello. Mika, you are a rather exceptional ambassador , Mika, everyone says so.

Mika: Why?

Journalist: Because it is easy to feel how sincere and involved you are , and your deep and incredible sensitivity.

Mika: Oh , but  I  don't think it's me, it is the whole project , I think, it's an association that was started in 2011 and that association that was started in 2011 already did so much, they are people who have a sense of emergency, when you see them talk...today we gave a press conference but Patricia who is the president of the association, and Dominique who is the doctor, they have .

Journalist: A very strong emotion.

Mika: Yes, and so it comes from the heart so that mission is simple. When I was asked to do this, it was through Peter Lindberg. Journalist: Yes. Mika: The photographer who did the photos with me but we did about that two years ago, that's when we started. And he had only invited me to do a little visit as a surprise to those young children who ...he had organized a whole week end for them , so as to take some photos, because there was a big lack of photos, I didn't know this before, but there aren't many images of sick children. Right now such photos do not exist, and the association really needed a few portraits , they wanted Peter to come to an hospital so that he would take photos, but he said no, we'll do it in camargue, we' ll make a shooting as for a big fashion campain, my team and I will do it for free and also we'll invite a guest , so the children have a surprise; and they decided it was me, so they invited me and I came, and after that, it was so moving for both of us that we decided to collaborate once again , and to do it in a more public way and to show the photos to the media.  

Journalist: So how did that surprise week end go, especially the last one in Camargue, you showed up out of the blue while the children were playing, so you spent several moments with them at the beach and also during the flamenco evening .Mika: Exactly. Journalist: Tell us a bit about the concert? Mika: A small private concert at the piano that I did for them in Camargue. Journalist: Very private.

Mika: We were fifteen, and it wasn't planned at all. And also the children, for example Noé , who is in one of the poster, his name is Noé, he made me stop singing because he wanted to sing while I was playing the piano, so I accompagnied him. It's , actually all the children arrive, there were six on the first year . Right now it is the second year. So they arrive with one of their parents or a friend , and there are also doctors, nurses, people of the organisation. It's a whole system around them because it's not easy, some of them come out of the hospital for the week end, it is a very tiring experience for them, but it gives them a lot of joie de vivre (an happiness boost) . it's truly a beautiful experience, so it is worth it, it is really worth it. They all stay together in a mas (big farm of the south of France) which belongs to a friend of Peter's and where there are bulls for corridas. They all eat together, there's Peter with all his friends from camargue,all his friends from Arles. I stay in Arles too. We are all together , nineteen people having dinner together during the evenings, it's reallly beautiful.

Journalist: Yes, it's easy to feel this huge generosity, from Peter, from the association.

Mika: From everyone, from everyone. Everyone who comes accross this cause and these children , they all have the same reaction. We 're all in the same spirit.

Journalist: What was the moment, the meeting during this surprise week end that was the strongest, the most moving for you? What image do you keep?

Mika: Joy. And also, how these children when I arrive do not react and don't look at me a lot. It's not like "Yeah! Cool! " It's like.. Journalist: Is is modesty, a shyness or maybe they don't realize what's happening? Mika: No, it's more complicated than that actually and I didn't understand on the first year, but then I understood rather fast that for an hour I watched everyone jump everywhere, there were kites, football, everyone was eating something, everyone was chating, talking and laughing. And suddenly I told myself , when I arrived the athmosphere was totally different, it was shame that had vanished. Shame was dismantled, thrown away, and not only the shame the children felt , but also the shame the parents felt, the shame and the sadness of that situation. Sadness and shame are similar and are often mixed, and not only that but shame and loneliness. Journalist: Is shame related to being afraid of the way the others look at you. Mika: Yes being afraid of the way others look at you and judge you and I think that's what it is. The thing is to dismantle shame, through those photos and Peter did something that is not simple to do to communicate shamelessly. It is joyful and presented without any complex.

Journalist: What do you do personally to stay healthy?

Mika: Me, fish oils everyday.

Journalist: Do you swallow that?

Mika: Yes, of course. Everyday. That's , it is good against fat, good for dancing , good for the voice, good for everything, good for the brain.

Journalist: For the skin.

Mika: For the skin, it's good for everything, actually it's good for everything and it's a lot less expensive than all sorts of meds together. Journalist: Do you favor alternative medecine? Mika: I' m someone who, I have many friends who are doctors, I'm a bit paranoid.

Journalist: So you are hypochondriac .

Mika: Yes,like everyone.

Journalist: That's it.Do you call your friends who are doctors at 11 PM to tell them: I've got that problem and I'm worried. Is that serious?

Mika: I used to do that before, now a lot less.

Journalist: Yes. Your voice is your working tool, how do you take care of it?

Mika: It is an athlete work, it is so tiny, so tiny and fragil that you have to , you have to be really careful. Now I am on tour so there's discipline is 80 percent of my routine; not too much wine, I don't smoke, I eat well.

Journalist: No grease?

Mika: No grease at all, nothing refined, nothing refined at all so I don't lose energy daily because there's nothing better than crisps and I can eat a kilo of crisps with beer in two seconds with several beers and frankly and that mix spoils a voice.

Journalist: That's it. Thank you Mika and thank you for you your deep involment for Imagine for Margo, in order to make a donation, Imagineformargo.org .

Mika: And there's also the run.

Journalist: Are you going to run too on September 27th.

Mika: I'd try to go, but I'm on tour , but if we're talking healthwise, running is good. Journalist: Running, eating well and sleeping well, we agree. Mika: But if you are more like many people I know who don't want to run, you can also walk.

Journalist: You can also walk, that's true.

Mika: Yes. You can walk and stop for coffees because it is in one of the most beautiful places in Paris, so it works.

Journalist: That's true. We will be there on the 27th.

Mika: It's a gourmet run! If you want!

Journalist: Even better!Well you can do what you want during the run so we are going to go!

Mika: Exactly!

Journalist: Thanks to you. Good bye!

Mika: Good bye!

post-18723-0-17827700-1443405805_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-42946900-1443405862_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

Audio interview

La santé surtout!

http://www.lasantesurtout.com/interview-de-mika-ambassadeur-de-la-campagne-les-petits-guerriers-lancee-par-imagine-for-margo/

http://www.lasantesurtout.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/mika-imagineformargo.mp3

https://clyp.it/xvvrmuw3?token=a2e704f2445a86a3d5c5c09d5c0cef8f

Imagine for Margo se mobilise contre le cancer des enfants avec Mika Interview de Mika, ambassadeur de la campagne « Les petits guerriers » lancée par Imagine for Margo.

Faire avancer la lutte contre le cancer des enfants, c’est la raison d’être de l’association Imagine for Margo dont la présidente, Patricia Blanc a perdu sa fille Margo à l’âge de 14 ans.

Chaque année, en France, 1800 enfants et 700 jeunes de 15 à 18 ans sont diagnostiqués d’un cancer et 500 en meurent. 
Le cancer de l’enfant est la 1ère cause de mortalité par maladie et la 2ème cause de mortalité après les accidents.

Et pourtant, seulement 2% des fonds dédiés à la recherche anti-cancer sont alloués aux cancers pédiatriques, la recherche est essentiellement axée sur les cancers des adultes. Plus de 50% des médicaments administrés aux enfants ne sont officiellement pas autorisés chez l’enfant (non spécifiquement développés et testés sur les enfants). C’est pourquoi il est absolument essentiel et urgent de consolider la recherche académique et clinique pour pouvoir continuer de développer des médicaments adaptés aux enfants malades du cancer.

Depuis 2011, l’association se mobilise et lance pour la deuxième année consécutive, une campagne nationale de sensibilisation au cancer des enfants, grâce à l’immense générosité du photographe Peter Lindbergh et avec la participation du chanteur Mika.

21760419462_822d3c4b63_o.jpg

21745990226_66cdda21e7_o.jpg

:thumb_yello: Thanks Eriko - I think I understand the main message here!  :wink2:  Lovely pics. btw... :wub:

Love,love

me

• 2 weeks later...

France Dimanche

le 9 octobre 2015

Mika : Son fabuleux combat contre le cancer ! (Interview version intégrale / Interview full version)

Magazine

France Dimanche 3604 – 25 Septembre au 1er Octobre 2015

http://www.francedimanche.fr/interview-les-journalistes-ont-la-parole/mika-son-fabuleux-combat-contre-le-cancer/

Interview MIKA

Mika : Son fabuleux combat contre le cancer

le 25 septembre 2015

:uk: translation by crazyaboutmika

Septembre est le mois international de sensibilisation des cancers pédiatriques. Mika, l’artiste au grand coeur, est aussi un citoyen engagé. Depuis deux ans, il soutient les « Petits Guerriers » de l’association « Imagine for Margo ». Il nous a raconté cette belle aventure…

Photo-Exclusive-Confe%CC%81rence-de-Pres

Mika et les « Petits Guerriers » – © Peter Lindbergh

Ce maudit crabe est la première cause de mortalité par maladie chez l’enfant. Margaux avait 13 ans quand elle a eu des maux de tête et des vomissements. Sa vie et celle de sa famille ont basculé quand le diagnostic est tombé : tumeur agressive au cerveau. La courageuse adolescente s’est battue pendant seize mois… Avant sa disparition, Margaux a même initié une collecte pour faire avancer la recherche, qui a entraîné un immense mouvement de solidarité et un record de dons. Sa maman, Patricia Blanc, prolonge son combat à travers l’association « Imagine for Margo ». Lors de leur conférence de presse à Paris, le chanteur Mika nous a accordé un entretien.

France Dimanche : Comment avez-vous connu l’association ?

Mika : Si je suis l’ambassadeur d’Imagine for Margo, c’est grâce au photographe Peter Lindbergh. J’ai d’abord reçu un premier mail, écrit en majuscules, sans lien entre ces phrases très courtes, et sans ponctuation. Il écrit comme il parle. Alors, j’ai pensé que c’était un fou, ou une blague. Puis, on a contacté ma mère, et j’ai compris que c’était Peter. Il m’a proposé de les rejoindre un week-end en 2014, pour faire la surprise aux enfants. Je me suis dit « C’est une belle aventure ».

–> Lire aussi : Mika de The Voice : Son handicap a bouleversé sa vie !

Chaque année en France, 2500 enfants et adolescents sont diagnostiqués, et 500 meurent, soit plus d’un décès par jour…

M : Oui, on ignore que la recherche est axée sur les cancers adultes, et seulement 2% des fonds sont alloués à la recherche pédiatrique par l’industrie pharmaceutique. Tout le monde connaît cette maladie. Mais si on n’a pas vécu un cas personnellement, on ignore à quel point, elle bouleverse la vie des gosses et le parcours de leur famille ; les frères, les sœurs, les parents, les amis, et puis à l’école… Parfois, les gens peuvent se montrer solidaire. Mais, la plupart du temps, c’est très dur, spécialement pour ceux qui n’ont pas assez de soutien. Je n’ai pas vécu cette expérience dans ma famille, mais il me semble que si on agit avec de bonnes intentions, avec du cœur, on peut être utile et les aider.

F. D. : « Vas-y, bats-toi, gagne ! » Que pensez-vous du message d’espoir de Margaux ?

M. : Il s’adresse à tout le monde, en particulier aux enfants sans cancer. On pourrait croire que c’est une publicité pour des baskets. Mais, c’est poignant quand on sait de qui viennent ces mots. C’est même très inspirant pour moi, quand je me retrouve dans une situation difficile, que je me sens mis à part, j’y pense, c’est une belle motivation. Dans le train du retour, Clément m’a écrit : « Au moins, on se sent moins seuls. » Je sais pourquoi leurs mots sont si importants. Cette cause n’est pas assez connue, on se doit de transmettre leurs messages et obtenir des dons pour la recherche des cancers pédiatriques.

Plage_Mika-et-Peter.jpg

Mika et le photographe Peter Lindbergh

F. D. : Participerez-vous à la course du 27 septembre ?

M. : Non, je serai en tournée. L’association organise la 4ème course baptisée « Enfants sans cancer », au domaine national de Saint-Cloud. Ils ont déjà réuni plus de 900 000 €, pour financer un traitement ciblé pour ces petits adultes en rechute.

F. D. : Vous êtes très occupé par plusieurs projets…

M. : Mon quatrième album « No place in Heaven » est sorti en juin. Et la tournée internationale a commencé cet été. J’ignore encore si je reviens pour la prochaine saison de The Voice. Mais, je continue X-Factor en Italie, un projet de mise en scène en Angleterre, le doublage voix dans le dessin animé « Le prophète » produit par Salma Hayek, et un rôle dans le film « Zoolander 2 » de Ben Stiller avec Justin Bieber et Pénélope Cruz. Et un prochain album symphonique avec l’orchestre de Montréal, qui est l’un des meilleurs du monde, en ce moment.

F. D. : Lors de l’enregistrement de Vivement dimanche, vous avez parlé de l’association. Quelle a été la réaction de Michel Drucker ?

M. : Je l’ai tourné, il y a deux jours. La productrice Françoise Coquet avait vraiment peur de diffuser le clip de Maurine. Elle m’a dit : « C’est trop triste. Tu es sûr que tu pourras reprendre l’énergie, juste après la diffusion ? »

Je comprends pourquoi cette réalité est difficile a regarder. Mais, je l’ai forcée ! Il est vrai que ces vidéos sont bouleversantes, quand ces bouts de choux parlent de leur maladie. Michel Drucker ne savait pas quoi faire, il était encore choqué dix minutes après avoir visionné ce clip…

22055277642_86d250a31d_o.png

(2481 x 3189) https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/735/21880829439_b50946e080_o.jpg

21880829439_f676975c13_h.jpg

(2481 x 3189) https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/673/22077690561_20e975d053_o.jpg

22077690561_7302601044_h.jpg

(8832 x 5894) https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5638/22041561216_96ae765cab_o.jpg

22041561216_c0ce607366_h.jpg

(2500 x 1668) https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5777/22077709531_515fd9be5e_o.jpg

22077709531_5ef1e844da_h.jpg

(2500 x 1668) https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/690/21446590103_9131eaec7d_o.jpg

21446590103_5d969312b4_h.jpg

(3000 x 2002) https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/725/21444895454_bd020e7596_o.jpg

21444895454_3a248c26de_h.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

so sad...  rest in peace Clément :tears:

Thanks a lot for posting Cath.

One of the kids that shot the campaign with this year past away tonight... So sad and incredibly unfair :(
RIP Clément

https://www.facebook.com/116327291823873/photos/a.127093390747263.20589.116327291823873/768356439954285/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/116327291823873/photos/a.127093390747263.20589.116327291823873/768356439954285/?type=3

Ce soir une étoile brille dans le ciel.
Si les étoiles qui brillent le plus sur terre sont aussi les plus brillantes là-haut, ce soir, le ciel doit briller de mille feux.
Clément notre petit guerrier si courageux s'est envolé vers une autre vie, après nous avoir donné une magnifique leçon d'amour et de force.
Avec ta finesse et ton élégance, tu avais toujours le mot juste, le sourire radieux au coin des lèvres, malgré la maladie. Lors de notre week-end en Camargue, tu t’étais passionné pour la caméra et tu étais devenu notre réalisateur en herbe, curieux de tout.
Tu avais aussi touché Mika par ta manière de dire les choses. Il te trouvait lumineux parmi tous, sur cette plage de Camargue où tu t’amusais.
Très affectueux, et un brin taquin, avec tes compagnons de voyage, sur cette belle plage d’où tu ne voulais plus partir.
Ce week-end, tu l'as illuminé de bout en bout par ta présence.
C’était en mai. On voudrait que le temps se soit arrêté.
Ce soir une étoile brille dans le ciel. Nous te regardons Clément avec toute la force et l’amour que tu nous as donné. Nous continuerons ton combat. Et nous pensons très fort à ton papa, ta maman et ta petite soeur que tu chérissais tant.
CLÉMENT nous t’aimons POUR TOUJOURS.

12182982_768356439954285_320561709800146
Edited by Kumazzz

Words from Mika

Merci Cath! :) But I can't ready it, because of tiny letters :( It must be sooo hard for MIKA,  to see that those lovely, brave kids he got to know, and share some time with, now are loosing their fight for their lives, one after another... :(    

Love,love

me

English translation

Tonight a star is shining in the sky. The one of Clement who illuminates by his radiant presence our weekend in the Camargue in May. Clement was diagnosed with cancer and the disease was more powerful. But Clement remains for me this young man of 11 years so bright, frank, with so much culture, with words that touch, which was fighting against the disease with elegance and courage. Clement, I would have been proud to have a son like you. Thank you for the lesson of love and strength you give us.

• Like 4

English translation

Tonight a star is shining in the sky. The one of Clement who illuminates by his radiant presence our weekend in the Camargue in May. Clement was diagnosed with cancer and the disease was more powerful. But Clement remains for me this young man of 11 years so bright, frank, with so much culture, with words that touch, which was fighting against the disease with elegance and courage. Clement, I would have been proud to have a son like you. Thank you for the lesson of love and strength you give us.

:) Thanks - beautiful words! :wub: 

Love,love

me 

mikainstagram

https://instagram.com/p/9tNyncTiNs/

• mikainstagram
  • Ce soir un étoile brille dans le ciel. Celle de Clément qui a illuminé de sa présence radieuse notre week-end en Camargue en mai. Clément était atteint de cancer et la maladie a été la plus forte.
    Mais Clément reste pour moi ce jeune homme de 11 ans si lumineux, si franc, si cultivé, avec des mots qui touchent, et qui se battait contre la maladie avec élégance et courage. Clément, j’aurais été fier d’avoir un enfant comme toi. merci pour la leçon d’amour et de force que tu nous donnes.

Words from Mika

post-20306-0-63788500-1446722718.jpeg

:uk:

English translation

11925868_747580882013163_999762268_n.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 4

Facebook

Peter Lindbergh

https://www.facebook.com/peterlindberghofficial/posts/850170245098407

Aurevoir mon petit Clément. Je pouvais seulement changer une seule journée dans ta vie grâce à Imagine for Margo. Tu restes très vif et présent dans ma mémoire. Un ange pour t'amener au ciel... Peter

Goodbye Clément. I could only change one day in your life with the help of Imagine for Margo Foundation. I will always remember you. A star will shine in the sky now. Peter

Please visit the page of Imagine For Margo - Children without Cancer

12036542_850170005098431_464417094161466

• Like 2

Facebook

Peter Lindbergh

https://www.facebook.com/peterlindberghofficial/posts/850170245098407

Aurevoir mon petit Clément. Je pouvais seulement changer une seule journée dans ta vie grâce à Imagine for Margo. Tu restes très vif et présent dans ma mémoire. Un ange pour t'amener au ciel... Peter

Goodbye Clément. I could only change one day in your life with the help of Imagine for Margo Foundation. I will always remember you. A star will shine in the sky now. Peter

Please visit the page of Imagine For Margo - Children without Cancer

12036542_850170005098431_464417094161466

:) Thanks for sharing Eriko.  It's so good to see that these lovely, brave kids have got a place,  in both MIKAs and Peters hearts  :wub:  And thanks to Peters beautiful photos,  they will be remembered forever :wub: I feel so sorry for their families - loosing their love ones  :(

But I do hope that this campaign will bring a lot of attention,  and money,  for a long time yet.  Then it hasn't been in vain... :) 

Love,love

me 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

L'année 2015 aura été une année très riche en évènements pour l'association. Nous avons eu la satisfaction de faire avancer chacun de nos axes d'action, de manière significative. Désormais notre année est rythmée par trois évènements phares : notre colloque à l'occasion de la journée mondiale du cancer des enfants, qui réunit les acteurs majeurs de la cause du cancer des enfants, notre course "Enfants sans cancer" qui cette année encore a été un grand succès, et notre campagne de sensibilisation en septembre, portée cette année par Mika.

Comme tous les ans nous avons été soutenus par des partenaires formidables, ainsi que de merveilleux ambassadeurs et bénévoles qui portent notre cause dans toutes les actions solidaires petites et grandes. Nous vous en retraçons les grandes lignes dans cette vidéo. Pour le reste n'oubliez pas d'aller sur notre page Facebook ou sur notre site !

Nous vous remercions tous infiniment pour votre soutien et votre générosité tout au long de cette année et vous souhaitons une très belle année 2016.

Go, Fight, Win !

• Like 1

Newsletter 

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=054b0531077ac65904398cf62&id=e9545727fc&e=91a8c2a92d

All the news of the association for the year 2015 !

52d42e8e-37d0-486b-8283-bc570441fe0d.png

Looking back at 2015

A wonderful 2015, full of emotions and generosity..

2015 will have been a very eventful year for our charity.  We were very pleased to see how each of our strategic focuses has significantly moved forward. 
From now on, our year is punctuated by three key events: our conference on the International day of Children’s Cancer, which gathers all the key players in the fight against children’s cancer, our race “Enfants sans Cancer” which was, again, a huge success this year, our campaign to raise public awareness in September, supported by the singer Mika.

Just as in other years, we have been supported by our incredible sponsors, as well as the marvelous ambassadors and volunteers who support our cause in all its fundraising activities  small and large. 

We will go through below some of the key points. You can find further details of our other activities on our Facebook page, on Twitter and our website.

We thank you most sincerely for your support and your generosity through the year and we wish you a very happy and healthy 2016. 

Go, Fight, Win!

the "Imagine for Margo" team

Awareness Campaign with Mika

f6611b55-2622-45d0-8063-ea4f18163c65.jpg

Just as we did last year, during the International Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in September, Imagine for Margo launched a huge awareness campaign for Children’s Cancer, thanks to the generosity of the photographer Peter Lindbergh, Mindshare, Zorba and several magazines and media channels, as well as Mika who has committed himself so fervently behind the cause of children’s cancer. 

Our fantastic awareness campaign lead to several publications in well known magazines with a readership of several million people, billboards around Paris and the Parisian suburbs, as well as displays on buildings, films in cinemas through partnership with the Media vision network and UGC, in several regies internet and on social media.

This campaign used beautiful images of Mika spending time with children who have cancer under the discerning lens of Peter Lindbergh and the camera of Stephen Kidd.
"The Little Warriors" films shocked and overwhelmed, the press talked about it and Mika spoke about it during an interview in a popular French Talk show called “Vivement Dimanche” with the presenter Michel Drucker on 13 September 2015.

See all the awareness campaign
Moovies

6b0036ae-179e-4062-86b6-df74ecdefd20.jpg

The Little Warriors in Camargue with MIKA and Peter Lindbergh

e876dca0-2b73-48f2-bfbd-29d211ef031c.png

On May 9th and 10th 2015, 6 little warriors from the Cancer Hospital Gustave Roussy were lucky enough to spend the weekend in the wild beauty of the Camargue region of France thanks to the generosity of Peter Lindbergh and Mika.  Everyone benefited hugely from the time they had there: the dunes, the sandcastles, the picnic, the waves, visiting the bulls, seeing farm animals, an incredible evening of flamenco and a memorable photo shoot on the beach with Peter and Mika
It offered a unique and precious moment of enjoyment, when everyone was able to leave behind their daily routine at the hospital.

An immense THANK YOU to Peter and Mika who made this weekend magical for the little warriors of Gustave Roussy Hospital. 
The children left the weekend with stars in their eyes and smiles beaming from ear to ear.

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3

moved touched moved touched moved touched moved touched moved touched... again and again! Thank you Eriko for putting things together, this event is just so nice, very nice, nice and warm. I'm so happy to see that he's proud of some of the kids, they are strong and lively, even more than we do.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDtCb0qziMG/

• mikainstagram
  • Ce soir mes pensées vont vers une étoile très spéciale qui brille dans le ciel. Cette étoile s’appelle Maurine, elle a 11 ans et j’ai rencontré cette petite guerrière lors d’un voyage en Camargue au printemps dernier avec l’association Imagine for Margo. Le cancer a malheureusement gagné la bataille ce matin.
    Je lui ai parlé la semaine dernière. On savait qu’il n’y avait plus rien à faire. Maurine l’avait bien compris mais elle était si résistante, avait une force, un courage et des mots incroyables, pensant encore à l’avenir et surtout celui de son petit frère qu’elle aimait tant. Maurine était drôle et généreuse, elle parlait de tout avec esprit et humour. Je pense aussi à ses parents, à sa maman à qui j’ai parlé, avec beaucoup de tristesse, mais aussi émerveillée face à l’énergie et la force incroyable de son enfant. Maurine, merci d’avoir croisé et illuminé nos chemins.

post-18723-0-41583600-1459635766_thumb.jpg

facebook

https://www.facebook.com/116327291823873/photos/a.127093390747263.20589.116327291823873/850364248420170/?type=3&theater

Imagine For Margo - Children without Cancer

Ce soir, une étoile brille dans le ciel.
Notre petite guerrière Maurine est partie ce matin entourée de ses parents et de son petit frère, après des mois de lutte.
Magnifique petite étoile qui avait illuminé notre voyage en Camargue, si heureuse de pouvoir être là, vivant chaque instant avec intensité : la plage et le vent qui caressait ses joues rosies pas tout à fait sorties de l’enfance, le chat de la ferme où nous dormions qu’elle avait apprivoisé, les photos avec Peter qu’elle avait adoré et un instant magique où elle avait dansé le flamenco avec Mika avec un sourire qui en disait long. De retour, elle avait dit à sa maman :

“Tu vois, on l’a fait la Camargue”. Et elle en avait gardé un souvenir ébloui.
On se souvient de son regard bleu perçant avec un léger voile de tristesse, de sa maturité, de ses mots si forts, si justes, pour décrire sa maladie et parler de “sa vie d’avant” où tout était possible. Elle voulait être décoratrice mais n’était pas encore très sûre de son choix. Elle avait le temps de se décider pensait-elle. La maladie, cette satanée maladie, en a décidé autrement.
Toutes nos prières sont ce soir pour elle, pour Danièle et Alain ses parents et pour son petit frère Yoann dont elle était si proche et qui l’ont entouré de tout leur amour infini jusqu’au dernier moment.
Ce soir Maurine, nous lèverons les yeux pour te voir, si belle et magnifique étoile aux yeux bleus brillant dans le ciel.

Maurine nous t’aimons pour toujours.

12440420_850364248420170_185897169877787

Edited by Kumazzz