No Place In Heaven: Chart thread for album and singles

Marilyn Mastin

Back in the day (in Canada anyway) they had to ship 50,000 copies to retail to get the album certified. The record company also had to give assurances to the certifying body that returns were not expected in such numbers that the sales would drop below the certification value. But in this day and age it seems unlikely that there are 30,000 additional physical copies floating around France waiting to be sold from retailers to customers. In Canada for instance, Amazon is not even stocking the album, you can only buy imported copies. I live right in the middle of Toronto and the only retailer left is HMV. They have a handful of copies in all of Toronto and I expect there are a few hundred in Quebec and that's it.

The physical CD seems to be in short supply, some places don't expect it to be back in stock until August :blink:  Doesn't bode well for future chart positions if you can't actually buy the CD.

The same in Germany - lots of radiolistening in the car, but no MIKA!! :doh:

:lmfao: i could've told you that before... since celebrate, which has been played a few times on german radio, all you get here is the occasional grace kelly or relax. German radio stations have no idea this album even exists (except for a few radio people who read the emails and social media mentions from mika fans), since universal apparently didn't even bother to send the album out to them. :doh:

The physical CD seems to be in short supply, some places don't expect it to be back in stock until August :blink:  Doesn't bode well for future chart positions if you can't actually buy the CD.

Not so sure about that - I haven't bought a physical CD for years - TOOL was probably the last, and then only because it's Mika. I haven't even a cd player in my car now.

And I've only got NPIH from Amazon Digital, though I'd have got the deluxe physical, if  I could have afforded it. If I get a job, I  might get one of the foreign ones for different tracks

• Like 1

:lmfao: i could've told you that before... since celebrate, which has been played a few times on german radio, all you get here is the occasional grace kelly or relax. German radio stations have no idea this album even exists (except for a few radio people who read the emails and social media mentions from mika fans), since universal apparently didn't even bother to send the album out to them. :doh:

You're even more forgotten than the UK? Or have you got gigs?

mo, we havgot nothing, I contacted Universal Germany a few times, got always the same stupid answer, In my opinion they are not interested ro support Mika,They "allow" me to do an ad  for his album with an radio station but will not give any  material or money. So I will domyself with a small private budget and only on webradio( more its not pssible for me? I know it will not reach very many people in Germany but better a few people as no-one nut I also know that will be not be enough to brin g Mika on top here

Nothing. For a while i was optimistic they just might promote it a bit later as mika was busy elsewhere, but i've given up hope meanwhile. I've heard stories that radio stations didn't even have approval by universal to play the new songs - and already during the OOL time i heard that album was mika's last chance in germany by universal - apparently that proves to be true now. :( i wonder tho why there actually were 2 press reviews and a few posts on mikasounds.de and universal.de's facebook site - including their fb site's cover pic changed to a mika banner. That's why i still had hope at first... but maybe they just have an intern doing their fb page who's a mika fan. :teehee:

:sneaky2:  It's exactly the same madness as here!!  I'm a keen radiolistener, and I only heard "Celebrate"  twice, and that was it - GR & Relax are used regularly, in diff. radiostations !!  I don't think NPIH has been sent to any radiost. at all :doh:   I really don't understand what kind of release policy Universal has - it's not just unfair to annonce an international release, but actually  wrong to do it, when it's only strictly selected countries,  who ever get a chance to know about it - I'm getting furious about this !!  :doh: Imagine Germany, this BIG country - and people don't get a chance to know about such a musical masterpiece as NPIH !!!

Love,love

me

Maybe they didn't expect such a big demand for it. They should get it into the shops though.

I tweeted Mika (I use my husband's twitter to do the odd tweet) to say that he should get his record company to advertise the album on UKTV. That would help promote it, without Mika needing to be here.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Mamiam, well, the cd *was* released internationally - i'm really glad i can actually get it as a cd and download in record stores, amazon and itunes - and not just as an expensive import. As for the promo, no idea what they're thinking. Probably that mika is popular enough so people can find out about the cd on the internet, if they look for it. Guess they rather put their money into new acts that no one knows yet and who can be persuaded to sign contracts that make universal get $$ signs in their eyes. :mf_rosetinted:

Mamiam, well, the cd *was* released internationally - i'm really glad i can actually get it as a cd and download in record stores, amazon and itunes - and not just as an expensive import. As for the promo, no idea what they're thinking. Probably that mika is popular enough so people can find out about the cd on the internet, if they look for it. Guess they rather put their money into new acts that no one knows yet and who can be persuaded to sign contracts that make universal get $$ signs in their eyes. :mf_rosetinted:

Well yeah, it's released int. the way you mention. But radioplay has always been very important, to find the way to public in general, then it's also followed by written reviews, read by lots of people - in the newspapers. It's this important part that lacks so badly, imo. Of course TV ads would also be great - but I still believe a lot in the power of the radioplay...

Love,love

me

I do agree in your last part here, but if they also want to earn money on MIKA - they must let people know about his releases...

Love,love

me

NPiH was number two album last week and is number four this week in France.

I saw it peak on No.5 in this week French Album Charts ;) And No.4 on physical sales chart. http://www.chartsinfrance.net/charts/albums.php 

NPIH is No.5 on HMV HK Top 40 CDs Chart this week. :thumb_yello: 

http://hmv.com.hk/charts/default.asp

Edited by DongDong

Sadly what I feared would happen without follow up promo, like tv ads, has happened. NPIH has dropped out of the UK top 40 to #69  :sad:

No 67, Rose (not that two places makes much difference)

I was talking to someone in HMV yesterday who said the deluxe edition was discontinued as soon as they had the first delivery :blink:

Sadly what I feared would happen without follow up promo, like tv ads, has happened. NPIH has dropped out of the UK top 40 to #69  :sad:

No 67, Rose (not that two places makes much difference)

I was talking to someone in HMV yesterday who said the deluxe edition was discontinued as soon as they had the first delivery :blink:

Ugh,sad to hear that,it is a little bit like what TOOL did in UK again :( ........Just hope the next single release in UK will be the right track and help the album ;)

That's quite something! Does anyone know how many copies are sold overall? Or where to find that info?

I want to know the accurate sales figures too,but have no clue to find,and I just get the info of NPIH's sales from this web: http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm If the new album drop out of the chart,we even don't know how many copies are sold in worldwide :doh:

That's quite something! Does anyone know how many copies are sold overall? Or where to find that info?

50 000 copies were sold the first week, so that makes 81 000 all together. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1