No Place in Heaven - Lyrics & Discussion

dcdeb

Off topic. This shows one more time that Promiseland kicks ass. So not a bonus track. 

Off topic again - so agree on your idea that Promiseland is an amazing song, deserves to be a single.

But it's kinda disparate in this entire album flow. All eleven tracks of NPIH flows as if it's a single song itself.... maybe that's the reason that the song should be Bonus track even though it's too good to be there.

So my conclusion is - No Place In Heaven should be a Single! It's the heart of this album.  :aah:

From an italian interview (thanks lucrezia for the translation):

The title track is a prayer in which you ask for forgiveness. Why did you write it?

"Everyone in our life play with the idea of the sin. But the 80% of the time we do not know why we feel this guilt. I wanted to transfer this obsession in a song even to fight it a bit. Although the "father" to which I address is not only God, but also my father. "

I think this gives a whole new dimension to this song, and thinking that it is about the relationship with his father makes me incredibly sad. :sad: i hope it's just "virtual", like all she wants, rather about fears than about reality.

Anyway, same as melanie i also was puzzled by the contradiction of what he says in several interviews ("i don't care about a place in heaven") vs those lyrics. If he has written it about his father but just "disguised" it as a prayer to god, it makes more sense tho.

From an italian interview (thanks lucrezia for the translation):

I think this gives a whole new dimension to this song, and thinking that it is about the relationship with his father makes me incredibly sad. :sad: i hope it's just "virtual", like all she wants, rather about fears than about reality.

Anyway, same as melanie i also was puzzled by the contradiction of what he says in several interviews ("i don't care about a place in heaven") vs those lyrics. If he has written it about his father but just "disguised" it as a prayer to god, it makes more sense tho.

I thought the opposite - He said the Truth on that song itself, and disguising something else on interviews, I think? 

Maybe he hoped to let this song mean to anyone whoever listen this song - never want limit the meaning of the song as 'gay prayer' 

• Like 1

Off topic. This shows one more time that Promiseland kicks ass. So not a bonus track. 

This could be country specific though.. It would be a good idea to do a poll here.. Perhaps I'll do one. I did create one for the last album, I think

After listening to all the songs on NPIH several times, the titletrack is the winner for me! :) I can't even explain how strong this song is - both the lyric and the melody is pure cold! :) This new alb. is, imho, full of " diamonds and pearls" - songs so good, that several of them deserve to be singles! When "Promiseland" is chosen to be a bonustrack, it really shows how much golden stuff our wonderful MIKA had, for his new masterpiece...:)

Love,love

me

• Like 2

I'm not sure where to ask this question so I try here. Sorry if it's the wrong place.

Is there anyone who knows how I can get a copy of  No Place in Heaven Deluxe French edition in Holland?

The only way i can find is via Amazon but that's very expensive. Mikasound webshop only has the European versions.

Fnac.be doesn't deliver outside of Belgium and they couldn't tell me on the phone if the Deluxe CD they have on the site (and in the shops?) is the French or the European edition. I've sent them an email now but if someone knows another way, it would be great.

I'm not sure where to ask this question so I try here. Sorry if it's the wrong place.

Is there anyone who knows how I can get a copy of  No Place in Heaven Deluxe French edition in Holland?

The only way i can find is via Amazon but that's very expensive. Mikasound webshop only has the European versions.

Fnac.be doesn't deliver outside of Belgium and they couldn't tell me on the phone if the Deluxe CD they have on the site (and in the shops?) is the French or the European edition. I've sent them an email now but if someone knows another way, it would be great.

Yeah, I ordered the French deluxe by Bol earlier on when they said last Friday they weren't able to deliver this album. I've ordered it through Fnac.be in the end, only the shops in the French part (so that's Brussels too) of Belgium have the French deluxe version, all the other shops have the normal European edition. Seems it isn't like last time where you were able to get a hold on one of the French copies no matter where you lived... 

Yeah, I ordered the French deluxe by Bol earlier on when they said last Friday they weren't able to deliver this album. I've ordered it through Fnac.be in the end, only the shops in the French part (so that's Brussels too) of Belgium have the French deluxe version, all the other shops have the normal European edition. Seems it isn't like last time where you were able to get a hold on one of the French copies no matter where you lived... 

Thanks for your quick answer. I guess you now have the French version then? Do you know the EANnumber? That might be handy if i want to order it somewhere.

Fnac hasn't been very helpful until now. You've given me more information then their customerservice has. They sent me a prefab email with a link to their FAQ on the site. But no answer to the question what Deluxe version they sell. Probably they didn't know themselves. I guess all the different versions are confusing for the shops as well. 

I now sent an email to a little CD shop in Antwerpen and asked if they do deliveries in Holland. Hopefully there's no customerservice there but just an owner that would like to sell CD's.

I'm going to France in august so i could buy the CD there. But I'm afraid the deluxe version is sold out then. It seems to be a limited number.

Edited by Pascale

Off topic again - so agree on your idea that Promiseland is an amazing song, deserves to be a single.

But it's kinda disparate in this entire album flow. All eleven tracks of NPIH flows as if it's a single song itself.... maybe that's the reason that the song should be Bonus track even though it's too good to be there.

So my conclusion is - No Place In Heaven should be a Single! It's the heart of this album.  :aah:

This has overtaken Good Wife for me. That takes some doing as GW is awesome, but this is even more so.

I'd say it would make a perfect single for Christmas, except that it would be up against the X Factor winner and that always gets to #1. But yes, it needs to be a single.

I do like Promisland, but as you, and others, have said, it stands alone on the album, but it is a good song.

Let's face it. The whole album is like a gem, set within a circle of diamonds, on a bed of pure platinum.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 1

Thanks for your quick answer. I guess you now have the French version then? Do you know the EANnumber? That might be handy if i want to order it somewhere.

Fnac hasn't been very helpful until now. You've given me more information then their customerservice has. They sent me a prefab email with a link to their FAQ on the site. But no answer to the question what Deluxe version they sell. Probably they didn't know themselves. I guess all the different versions are confusing for the shops as well. 

I now sent an email to a little CD shop in Antwerpen and asked if they do deliveries in Holland. Hopefully there's no customerservice there but just an owner that would like to sell CD's.

I'm going to France in august so i could buy the CD there. But I'm afraid the deluxe version is sold out then. It seems to be a limited number.

i would try amazon.fr - that's where we ordered NPIH and also OOL back then from germany - the shipping costs, also to foreign countries, are ok, still much cheaper than ordering the french version through amazon.de. ;) but indeed this is the wrong thread, it's about the song NPIH, not the album - if you want to discuss this further, please do so here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31695-album-news-no-place-in-heaven-to-be-released-1516-june-2015/ ;)

to get back to topic... am i the only one who often gets "you can't hurry love" by phil collins stuck in their head when they hum the chorus of no place in heaven? :naughty: ofc it's a completely different song, but there certainly are similarities in the melody... :teehee:

i would try amazon.fr - that's where we ordered NPIH and also OOL back then from germany - the shipping costs, also to foreign countries, are ok, still much cheaper than ordering the french version through amazon.de. ;) but indeed this is the wrong thread, it's about the song NPIH, not the album - if you want to discuss this further, please do so here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31695-album-news-no-place-in-heaven-to-be-released-1516-june-2015/ ;)

oh sorry, my mistake. i didn't realize that this thread is not even about the album. Thanks about the tip about Amazon.fr.

to get back to topic... am i the only one who often gets "you can't hurry love" by phil collins stuck in their head when they hum the chorus of no place in heaven? :naughty:  ofc it's a completely different song, but there certainly are similarities in the melody... :teehee:

I hear wat you mean. There is something similar in the rythm as well, I think.  Hadn't noticed it before though (and hope i soon will forget it). Actually, there're a lot of songs on this album that remind me of (part of ) other songs or of other singers.

Listening this chorus  'the song "I'm a rock"of Simon and Garfunkel came to mind. Again a completely different song but there' something that is similar.  Maybe the combination of the different (all Mika's?) voices. In other songs his voice is also a bit like Paul Simon to me.

This is the song from the album that gets stuck in my head most often. I found it interesting reading through the opinions on this thread about it, from people of all religions. I'm an atheist but still love it and hope it's released as a single at some point.

my impression is that in speech he's used to say a lot of different things, many of which are in justaposition with each other, while in his songs he actually pours out his deeper feelings and his soul.

People often make a show of indifference in order to hide their most intimate state and protect themselves from what the others could say.

I think this song has a great meaning, it is a very beautiful prayer, and can help a lot of people express what they feel towards God no matter what their religion is.

From an italian interview (thanks lucrezia for the translation):I think this gives a whole new dimension to this song, and thinking that it is about the relationship with his father makes me incredibly sad. :sad: i hope it's just "virtual", like all she wants, rather about fears than about reality.Anyway, same as melanie i also was puzzled by the contradiction of what he says in several interviews ("i don't care about a place in heaven") vs those lyrics. If he has written it about his father but just "disguised" it as a prayer to god, it makes more sense tho.

I thought the opposite - He said the Truth on that song itself, and disguising something else on interviews, I think?

Maybe he hoped to let this song mean to anyone whoever listen this song - never want limit the meaning of the song as 'gay prayer'

The sense I got was that the song was about shutting out the sound of his family, the church, album buyers whatever, and asking God himself, "I guess I shouldn't have a place in heaven, but would you mind letting me in anyway?" Almost tranquilly.

But I'm probably biased towards seeing it that way, as the song expresses beautifully how I feel (being Christian), except in that I believe God answered me

I like the idea of it applying more widely, like to adopted/rejected children, and I'd be surprised if Mika wants the song or the album to be seen purely as about gay issues. Though it's hard to tell, he does contradict himself a lot. My gut feeling is that the song is the more revealing

Will somebody have translate this song in french ?????

It wil be lovely ....

:huglove: Rachel. I can't help you, I'm afraid, but I really feel for you. Edited by Soaring Simpson

I think the lyrics of NPIH can be applied to most people really. People who just don't think they are good enough for whatever reason. It's a song that could be covered, or enjoyed in a thoughtful way, by lots of people.

It's a very beautiful song and I hope it gets to have a life of it's own. Maybe in a movie, or something else. I'm not sure it would be released as a single in the UK. They are a bit weird about stuff that is Christian, in case the other faiths in the country take offence, not that they would, but this is what the UK is like now.

However, I think the song is far too special to be just an album track.

• Like 1

I think the lyrics of NPIH can be applied to most people really. People who just don't think they are good enough for whatever reason. It's a song that could be covered, or enjoyed in a thoughtful way, by lots of people.

It's a very beautiful song and I hope it gets to have a life of it's own. Maybe in a movie, or something else. I'm not sure it would be released as a single in the UK. They are a bit weird about stuff that is Christian, in case the other faiths in the country take offence, not that they would, but this is what the UK is like now.

However, I think the song is far too special to be just an album track.

Yeah. And it's encouraging that it's the title track

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...