Already played my part
I kept my promise man
Show me the promiseland

Don't occupy my throne
Give me the crown I own
Lived like you told me how
Look at me now

• Like 2

Promiseland is amazing! It really goes up and down the whole time, it's like you're being thrown around.

And I love the unapologetic part of "Don't occupy my throne / Give me the crown I own" :naughty:

• Like 2

This one is my instant favourite. I love the lyrics, I love the structure of the song, I love the chorus. It's incredibly catchy without being over the top. Please make this a single!

• Like 3

I like the music very much and the first stanza hit me. What I'm not sure of liking yet is that low voice that doesn't even sound like his, but maybe I need to listen to it some more times

This goes into the "good" pile for me. (Sorry I absolutely loathe some of the songs on this album and am trying to refrain from commenting on them :aah:) The only niggle for me is that the guitar riff sounds ripped off from the Ting Tings. 

Love the lyrics though. Is this Mika's input to the "career choices discussion"? :naughty:

• Like 1

This goes into the "good" pile for me. 

I like this one very much too. :yes:

Love the lyrics though. Is this Mika's input to the "career choices discussion"? :naughty:

I can't wait to see the track by track thing and the conference press to see what he says about this song. 

Is that really his voice when he goes super low? :blink:

Edited by Elwendin

Is that really his voice when he goes super low? :blink:

Probably. They may have just shifted the pitch electronically like they did to make him sound like a woman in Grace Kelly. Lily Allen does a male voice in the same way in one of her songs. At 40 seconds.

Probably. They may have just shifted the pitch electronically like they did to make him sound like a woman in Grace Kelly. Lily Allen does a male voice in the same way in one of her songs. At 40 seconds.

I see. How would he repeat that in a gig? Would they use some eletronical trick as well?

I really love this song. 

It reminds me a little of Backstreet Boys at a certain point, by the way. 

• Like 1

I see. How would he repeat that in a gig? Would they use some eletronical trick as well?

I really love this song. 

It reminds me a little of Backstreet Boys at a certain point, by the way. 

No probably just a backing singer. They have to do that for all of Mika's layered vocals anyway (unless they use actual backing tracks). That's why Max has been a great addition to his band because he matches Mika's voice so well.

Edited by Christine

I definitely think it's his real voice, I don't think there's any pitch-shifting done. The notes are within his range. :)

Yes but it sounds electronic to me so I thought it may be possible. But maybe it's just some other digital effect.

Aren't those low notes quite similar, in tone, to the ones in Big Girl? The very last sentence, I mean? He always sang that live, right?

The tone of the voice sounds different from what he usually sounds like, besides that part in Big Girl, but the pronounciation and the way of singing (also in Oh Girl, You're The Devil) do sound like him. I think he can sing it live.

• Like 1

I definitely think it's his real voice, I don't think there's any pitch-shifting done. The notes are within his range. :)

When I was at the listening session, the management said that there's no effects on his voice... There are just overlap in some parts of his voice, but Mika didn't want to add effects to try to create a genuine album.

• Like 3

I think he can sing it live.

When I was at the listening session, the management said that there's no effects on his voice... 

I HAVE to be at that gig when he will sing this song. (Will he?)

• Like 2

The tone of the voice sounds different from what he usually sounds like, besides that part in Big Girl, but the pronounciation and the way of singing (also in Oh Girl, You're The Devil) do sound like him. I think he can sing it live.

When I was at the listening session, the management said that there's no effects on his voice... There are just overlap in some parts of his voice, but Mika didn't want to add effects to try to create a genuine album.

Yes but just layering the vocals is an "effect". It's not possible for him to sing layered vocal tracks simultaneously live. He's only got one body :naughty:

Maybe he will do the lower vocal live though and someone else will sing the higher part or there will be a backing track or he just won't try to replicate the sound on the record at all and it will sound quite different.

Anyway I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. This is a bonus track isn't it? If so I doubt he will sing it live anyway. :(

If so I doubt he will sing it live anyway. :(

I fear that as well, actually

But he said he likes it. I do like it. He has to sing it live once, meaning when I'm there to listen to him. 

• Like 2

I HAVE to be at that gig when he will sing this song. (Will he?)

It's only a bonustrack, so we probably won't know until and if he does it... but I HAVE to be there with you!

• Like 1

This one is my instant favourite. I love the lyrics, I love the structure of the song, I love the chorus. It's incredibly catchy without being over the top. Please make this a single!

I feel the same, Kata. Can't believe this is a bonus track - I think it's one of the best on the album.

It's called promiseland, i changed the title. ;)

Thanks. Trying to do too much too late at night. I made a number of sloppy mistakes like that.  :(

Anyway I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. This is a bonus track isn't it? If so I doubt he will sing it live anyway. :(

I know. :sad: He doesn't often perform the bonus tracks, does he? (Says the fan still waiting to hear Tah Dah live one day...) :wait:

• Like 3