Promiseland - Lyrics & Discussion

dcdeb

I know. :sad: He doesn't often perform the bonus tracks, does he? (Says the fan still waiting to hear Tah Dah live one day...) :wait:

extremely unlikely, Technically speaking, he has performed some of the bonus tracks from LICM, but he didn't have as many songs then.

I wouldn't expect him to do this one, I'm in the same boat as you regarding Tah Dah (...and Loverboy for that matter); considering when I asked about performing bonus tracks in general (in 2013), he gave me a "surely you jest face!" and then said " well, maybe I'll do Tah Dah" and then never did it, I'd just put this song in the "never to be performed live" pile.

But you know, having perused the other threads, I see he played L'amour fait ce qu'il veut, so there may be hope yet.

Edited by Daisuke

I totally agree with you. Can't believe they didn't make this one a single. 

Maybe he could pull a Taylor Swift, who made a bonus track from her third album a single because it was a fan favourite. We should let him know how we feel about this song! :mf_rosetinted:

• Like 1

Maybe he could pull a Taylor Swift, who made a bonus track from her third album a single because it was a fan favourite. We should let him know how we feel about this song! :mf_rosetinted:

I'm afraid he doesn't put much value on our feelings!  :naughty: This song screams to be single though. It simply stands out. Not sure if I (personally) love No Place in Heaven even more but have a feeling this could definitely work. I can't stop listening to it, totally addicted! 

• Like 1

This is definitely one of my favourite songs on the album, if not my favourite. I can't believe it's just a bonus track! People who don't buy the deluxe version won't even get to hear it, which is too bad.

I love the instrumental, especially in the chorus. His voice when he sing this part is very great !

It was a bit difficult for me to understand the second verse (on the sense ^^)

It can be an hit on radios, the song is very catchy and energic.

Edited by Emelyne412
  • Like 1

wow this song is wonderful- i feel like it was written for me.

favorite lyric: "Prayed every night to a religion that was chosen for me"- this has been me for so many years. mika seems to reflect all my frustrations and feelings in his songs, makes it easier to bare them on my own.

• Like 1

On the first listen, it reminded me of some boyband song... backstreet boys or some of the newer take that stuff (i really need to listen to their album that promiseland reminded me of, to figure out where the similarities are! :aah:). I found the song alright at first... but after 5 days of listening to the album, i'm starting to get addicted to promiseland! It's just so powerful, the lyrics as well as the sound! :fangurl: would love to hear it live as well.

The first time I listened to thins song I thought "Is that really a Mika song?" It has this sort of rock rythm, mainly in the chorus, that makes me crazy. The lyrics express my thoughts and the hight and low voices are just to good to be true! Let's hope he'll listen to his fandom which has been asking it do be a single since day 1!

On the first listen, it reminded me of some boyband song... backstreet boys or some of the newer take that stuff (i really need to listen to their album that promiseland reminded me of, to figure out where the similarities are! :aah:). I found the song alright at first... but after 5 days of listening to the album, i'm starting to get addicted to promiseland! It's just so powerful, the lyrics as well as the sound! :fangurl: would love to hear it live as well.

"How could you break my heart [...]" is the part that is the most boybandish  :naughty:

I've a little question, maybe idiot, it's just to be sure.

That's Mika who sing the grave voice, or not ? I have a little doubt.

It is. According to the credits in the booklet, all vocals and background vocals were done by Mika.

Thanks ! I've not recognized his voice... I'm bad !  :aah:

Well, the fact that that was the first thing I checked in the booklet means that you're not the only one... :wink2:

I like Promiseland except for the electronic bleeps in the instrumental breaks, which spoil the song for me :sad:  I can't see they add anything to the song.

Strange, but I like these electronic parts! They add some powerful rage. Usually I'm against such type of music, but in this case these parts are very essential for the perception of this song. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I finally pinpoint why I love this song so much: we can hear a tiny portion, towards the end, where we can hear "dirty"/emotional Mika. Something I find we seldom see. (The only other occurence I could think of was when he sang Make you Happy in LA).