2015 - Les Francos Gourmandes, Tournus France - June 13 - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDS

guylainem123

Currently on a train, so cannot write a full report or post pictures, but the gig was incredible *_* Mika was extremely happy, very chatty and a bit crazy (as usual hehe) - he ATE a mosquito because they were flying all around him and annoying him and then he said he had no idea why he did that, but that he's probably become a vampire then as he had ingested someone's blood :-D Go figure!

His voice is back and he seemed very happy to be back in France, was very talkative. He did some new songs - Good Guys, Talk About You, Last Party (which was absolutely incredible to hear live - it had even more power than the studio version, he put his whole soul into it)!

He had an incredibly sober and surprising start with Toy Boy, instead of the usual "dancing" songs, which put the public in a different atmosphere. He also did his usual "goldens" - WAG, Lollipop, Relax, Big Girl, Billy Brown, Elle Me Dit. I was surprised however that he did not do any French songs from his new album other than Boum Boum Boum - you'd think he'd try some with a French public. Oh well!

All in all, the gig was fantastic, the public warm and receptive and it was such a pleasure seeing him all happy and child-like and very much like his good, old self ^_^

Edited by Elaire14
  • Like 2

RE-post

Interview videos at Les Francos Gourmandes - Tournus France

Les Francos Gourmandes Interviews

Le Journal de Saône et Loire

Interview at Francos Gourmands festival Tournus. June 13, 2015

VIDEO INTERVIEW

Souvenir de festival et hommage aux fans

http://www.lejsl.com/edition-de-chalon/2015/06/14/mika-souvenir-de-festival-et-ommage-aux-fans

• INTERVIEWMika : Souvenir de festival et hommage aux fans

Mika se souvient de son tout premier festival en Angleterre et explique sa passion pour ces rendez-vous avec le public. Il en profite pour s'émerveiller du soutien de ses fans à qui il rend hommage.

le 14/06/2015 à 03:46

Mika présente son dernier album

http://www.lejsl.com/edition-de-chalon/2015/06/14/mika-presente-son-dernier-album

Mika et The Voice stop ou encore ?

http://www.lejsl.com/edition-de-chalon/2015/06/14/mika-et-the-voice-stop-ou-encore

Les Francos Gourmandes Interviews

France 3 Bourgogne

Exclusivité : l'interview de Mika aux Francos Gourmandes

http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/bourgogne/2015/06/14/exclusivite-l-interview-de-mika-aux-francos-gourmandes-746857.html

YouTube

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

Here is my little report about this wonderful weekend spent in Tournus  :)

First of all, i have to say this gig was a special one for me as I managed to bring my parents with me  :thumb_yello: Ok... tbh I think I'd never been able to convince them without the best argument of the world, that is: "come! you'll taste lots of good food"  :naughty:

Anyway, having my parents with me made the whole thing totally different for me. It's difficult to describe but it was a bit like mixing 2 different worlds together: the one I have when I'm at gigs with my Mika friends, Mika himself, the music and all the special atmosphere going with it, and my private one with my family who shares my everyday's life with it's fun times, it's rough times, etc...  I'm really happy I finally got the chance to spend a wonderful day mixing all of that together  :)

So we arrived at the festival pretty late, around 5pm or smthg like that as we stopped many times on the road to enjoy our trip from Switzerland to Tournus. Of course the first thing we did is eat something and I have the feeling we never stopped during the whole weekend  :naughty: I love eating and I love good music so this festival was just PERFECT  :teehee: We joined my dear friend Kate and her parents and spent a wonderful time going from one place to another, tasting everything we could, watching some culinary shows and chatting. We did not listen really carefully to the other gigs before Mika but i have to say that considering the few songs we heard from Tal, a french "singer" who was on stage before Mika, I'm pretty happy we preserve our ears for later :doh: this said, we had some pretty good laugh thanks to her so it was Ok  :teehee:

When Mika's turn arrived, we all went to the main stage and found a good spot, quite far from the stage but we had a great view and could feel both the audience and the atmosphere on stage which was great! As much as I loved being first row before and be able to see every little thing happening on stage, i have to say that I really appreciate now seeing the stage from afar and having the opportunity to feel how the audience reacts also. Speaking about the audience, my impressions are a bit confused. As much as people where really into the show on "old" song like GK, LT, Relax and of course the french songs like EMD ( :doh:  :doh: ) or Boum Boum Boum (even more  :doh:  :doh:  :doh: ) dancing, singing, etc... the audience, generally speaking, was pretty cold with other songs. Except for my mother who spent her whole gig dancing, clapping and singing which was really fun to see. Now I now where my fangirl gene does come from  :lmfao:

Kate and I had a really great time dancing and playing with our, now famous, orange giants hand that we received a few years ago in Crans Montana and bring with us at every gig we spend together now xD

The setlist was pretty much the same as in Caribana except for Good Guys that Mika didn't sing at Caribana. I was hoping for a few new songs, especially Good Wife or Staring at the Sun 'cause I love them and wants so much to hear them live, but I'm not sure he's going to play them during this festival tour. Anyway, i still have hopes for my last summer gig in Estavayer in July :P

Mika was very relaxed on stage, very chatty, joking a lot, especially about the ton of mosquitoes he ate during the gig  :naughty: As the place was right next to a river, we all had to deal with a lot of them, but that was obviously kind of a nightmare for Mika on stage with the lights, etc... At one point he ate one of them than just realized he tasted the blood of someone else and said he was now officially a Vampire. That was pretty hilarious ^^

We also saw that he tried to have a lot of contact with people at first row and that was great! 

The only negative point about the gig, and I think that would always be a very negative point for me..., was the band! maybe I should just stop telling my opinion about it as it's always the same and won't change lol, but again they made some awful mistakes and i still can't understand how someone as perfectionist as Mika seems to be can allow that. Even more as they've been playing with him for a quite long time now... Of course I'm not objective at all as I loved the old band so much and the energy they were bringing on stage... Anyway, I don't like this band, their non existent state on stage and the mistakes they keep doing at every gig I got the chance to see...

This said, my parents and i had really an amazing time in Tournus and I'm sooo happy we went there altogether. even more as we're going through a pretty difficult time right now, that weekend was a breath of fresh air for us and I can't thank Mika etc.. enough for that!

We waited for him after the show for quite a long time. Actually that was more an occasion for me to chat with some "old" Mika friends I was so happy to see again after so much time so time went by quite quickly. As it started raining and we saw on twitter Mika was having a great time inside with the chiefs, we finally went back to the hotel, but it was already pretty late when we left  :teehee:

I unfortunately have no picture to share as the only one I took during the gig is a disaster  :lol3:

Please excuse the mistakes I've made, I'm pretty tired and really need to go to sleep now  :sleep_1:

Edited by Nanou
  • Like 2

Quelle journée incroyable j'ai passé à tournus !

Après une chaleur d’enfer et 9 h d’attente La RECOMPENSE  est arrivée !

il faut dire que j'ai vu pour la première fois en live mika et voici mes commentaires :

en globalité , ce que j'ai noté  c'est que Mika a été surpris  par les réactions du public , lui qui dans ses interview  raconte toujours comment il aime percevoir les choses :

il a même eu droit à un "ban bourguignon" : il faut expliquer que c'est une tradition bourguignone quand les gens ont bien mangé et bien bu et font la fête et qu'ils sont contents pour remercier .

je suis lyonnaise et croyez moi ,il faut mériter cette manifestation de joie dans nos régions.

Surpris , il a répondu :"en fait  vous les français  ,vous vous dévoilez pas trop vite !"  et " ah ça fait du bien de revenir en France sur  scène , " vous m'inspirez "...« J’ai faim d’un poulet de Bresse, d’un verre de Mâcon… " et s’est battu avec un moustique !

après avoir fait chanter le public avec Underwater comme il fait toujours dans ses concerts  , il s'écrie " merde ,vous chantez bien !" dans un éclat de rire

il a appelé le public " les gourmands "   forcément dans ce festival  gastronomique en pleine bourgogne !

Sa bonne humour et surtout son rire ,quel rire craquant , étaient contagieux !

Sa modestie , surtout quand il essaie de faire une démonstration de danse pour montrer qu’il a progressé mais ..hum .… plutôt sexy que danseur !..est  touchante. :)

Toutes ces délicates attentions pour charmer son public ont payé : comme il le dit dans son interview juste avant de monter sur scène , ce premier festival français de la tournée est un défi parce que les gens ne sont pas là pour lui ( sauf les fans arrivés depuis 5 heures du matin ! ) et ils le connaissent juste un peu .

Les personnes de la région réputées pour être exigeantes ,après avoir bien mangé et bien bu ,sont restées par curiosité , ou parce que leurs enfants ont insisté …

Eh bien J’étais dans le public  , serrée , et  quels compliments  j’ai entendu !

Quel talent ,quelle ambiance etc ….

Voilà , le phénomène Mika a fonctionné , défi  relevé , il a gagné encore un autre public et fait de nouveaux fans . :thumb_yello:

Autre chose impressionante , c'est le temps  mis par les techniciens à préparer la scène avant le concert comparé aux autres artistes ( presque 40 mn) pour régler le son , les lumières etc ...Mika doit être très exigent , on reconnait là son professionalisme et sa rigueur ! :thumb_yello:

What an amazing day I spent in Tournus!

After hot as hell and 9:00 waiting , THE REWARD has arrived!
I must say it was the first time I saw Mika in live and here are my comments:
in whole, what I have noticed is that Mika was surprised by the public's reaction, he always tells in his interview how he likes feeling  things:
he even had a " ban bourguignon" : I must explain that it's a Bourguignon tradition when people have eaten and drunk and party and they are happy to thank.
I'm from Lyon and believe me, this manifestation of joy must be earned in our regions.

Surprised, he said: "in fact you French, you don't  reveal too fast " and added " oh it feels good to come back  to France on stage, "you inspire me" "I'm hungry for a Bresse chicken , a glass of Macon ... and fought with a mosquito!
After the audience with singing Underwater as he always did in his concerts, he exclaims "s**t, you sing well" in a burst of laughter
He called on the public "greedy" obviously in this gastronomic festival in Bourgogne !
His good mood and especially her laugh, what a cute laugh ...  were contagious!
His modesty, mostly when trying to do a dance demonstration to show that it has progressed but ..hum. ... rather sexy than dancer! .. Is touching. :)
All these delicate attentions to charm his audience paid: as he said in his interview just before going on stage, this first French festival is a challenge because people are not there for him (except the fans arrived since 5 am morning !)  knowing Mika just a little.
People of this region ,deemed to be demanding, after having well eaten and drunk, remained there by curiosity,... or because their children insisted ...!
Well I was in the audience, tight, and what amazing compliments I heard !
What a talent, what an atmosphere etc ....
That is , Mika phenomenon worked, challenge met, he again won another public and made new fans.
:thumb_yello:

Another impressive thing is the time it takes for the technicians to set  the stage before the gig compared to the other artists (almost 40 minutes) to adjust the sound , the lights etc ... Mika must be very demanding, We recognize there  , his professionalism and rigor!

:thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Hi, love your reports, vids and pics. I'm very happy but very tired as well. Three nights with only 6 hours sleep are not much and I'm an old lady :naughty: . We arrived at Tournus late friday afternoon, all in all for me it were 11 hours. A  special thank to Graciosa, her hubby and to Daeni. From Switzerland we travel together by car. We visited the festival shortly on friday evening, ate somthing and  watched the location, the stage. We wanted be in the front row next day, so we hurried up very early for queuing, some of the french fans have already been there, It was very hot on saturday but we did all to make it comfortable to wait, I was  very happy taht we really could stand front row, for me it was the first time, so I enjoyed the gig as much as possible( I always do but  this time it was very special). The atmosphere with tje lovely french fans was great, Mika was in good moodand the gig was wonderful :wub: . And also I'm verytired, my back hurts and my voice is nearly gone I long for the next one. I haveto wait till August.. In this time I will enjoy the great new album and  the reports from each show. BTW I took some pics as well but I haveto look which are good enough to share

Edited by Littlelady

This was my first Mika gig and I loved it!

I convinced my boyfriend to drive five hours to Tournus to attend the event. I must say that the food&wine factor helped a lot. We arrived on site just in time to sample the most delicious food trucks (tuna burgers and gazpacho).

We got a spot not so far away from the scene, compacting our bodies into the already packed area. Fortunately, it’s easy to see Mika from a distance.

These are some of my highlights of the evening:

• Mika himself, I still can’t believe how energetic, spontaneous and tall he is. Being so charming is not humanly possible. He ate a fly and then gave us an insight of how his brain works with associations of ideas. So funny. 
  • That voice, so strong and warm. I was surprised by how pleasant it is when he speaks to the audience.
  • The shoes! Love that.
  • The Mika jump on the piano, impressive.
  • Mika asking the audience to sing and dance, in a collective prayer of joy.
  • The slightly modified version of Lollipop, with Mika singing something like “I’ve lived my life and love hasn’t get me down”.
  • Mika dancing, it’s just lovely (he won’t do Dancing with the Stars, I think).
  • And the songs, of course, LIVE!!! Underwater blew off my mind, amazing; Origin of Love, my wish has been granted, I heard it live and it’s even better than I thought; We Are Golden made me sing from the top of my lungs; Elle Me Dit and BBB, for the ambiance that they created, everyone on the same “wave”.

Time goes by so fast during the gig but I enjoyed every minute. Thanks to everyone for posting videos from this gig and allowing me to live those moments again.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing and reports all  :aah:

I'm laughed! How hilarious! I don't want to taste any flies or someone's blood.

Happy to hear he got new fans and in happy mood!

Edited by nuri

• 2 months later...

Instagram

https://instagram.com/p/6W_WVhTiMe/

mikainstagram   You know IT. Chef Mika. (In my dreams) MERCI BRAGARD Anche se ancora non sono andato in vacanza, non potrei stare meglio, a casa con i miei cani, ascoltando musica e cucinando(male ma va benne????

21226848052_1ea3020261_b.jpg

BRAGARD

http://www.bragard.fr/

post-18723-0-79286900-1441692666_thumb.jpg

• silver changed the title to 2015 - Les Francos Gourmandes, Tournus France - June 13 - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDS