Your 3 favourite songs on No Place In Heaven

suzie

Your 3 favourite songs on No Place in Heaven  

133 members have voted

1. 1. What are your 3 favourite songs on Mika's No Place in Heaven album?

• Talk About You
    • All She Wants
    • Last Party
    • Good Guys
    • Oh Girl, You're The Devil
    • No Place In Heaven
    • Staring At The Sun
    • Hurts
    • Good Wife
    • Rio
    • Ordinary Man
    • Promiseland
    • Porcelain
    • L'Amour Fait Ce Qu'il Veut
    • J'ai Pas Envie
    • Les Baisers Perdus
    • Boum Boum Boum

My 3 favourites were Promiseland, J'ai Pas Envie and No Place in Heaven. Since the French song is not there I added Devil :) ! But Devil was a close tie with Rio. I really did not know what to choose! 

Yes, I've often thought we ought to do a poll to find the least favourite songs :naughty:

Oh, this one I could answer in a heartbeat! :D   (there's only one song I really dislike in this album, so I guess that's why they chose it as the new single in here apparently  :aah:  ) 

But on my favorite ones the jury is still debating. I think the best I can do is narrowing it down to 5. I'll come back when my internal deliberations are over  :mf_rosetinted:
  • Like 1

I voted LP, NPIH and Hurts. Hurts must be my biggest favorite atm. However, the song I've listened to most is Promiseland so it's definitely the most addictive one and would be my number 4 (but could vote only 3).

I choose NPIH, Promiseland and Hurts but the true is, I'd like to add "J'ai pas envie"...  :fisch:

In fact, if I have to be honest, I can't chose only 3 songs. My favs are: Good Guys, All She Wants, Last Party, No place in Heaven, Hurts, Good Wife, J'ai pas envie, Oh Girl you're the Devil, Rio, Promiseland and Porcelain. That doesn't mean I don't like the others, I really love all the songs  :teehee:

PS: The French missing songs are: Les Baisers perdus, Boum Boum Boum and J'ai pas envie. ;)

Edited by Chloe940

This is what I've been doing in Korean forum.... the vote will be end next Wed.

It'd be interesting how the favorites differs in each country and worldwide forum MFC..  :teehee:

0621%252520bestsong%252520vote.jpg

thks for sharing i like all of them

i´d vote ..

post-20543-0-04953200-1434968810_thumb.jpg

post-20543-0-70104300-1434968844_thumb.jpg

post-20543-0-69662400-1434968860_thumb.jpg

I voted Good Wife, Staring At The Sun and All That She Wants.

But I'm spoiled for choice. The album is just beautiful. I can't understand the UK press reviews being so lacklustre, or just plain bad. They need to get to their doctor's surgery, because something is badly wrong with their ears. The music is gorgeous and his singing is to die for. They are all lovely songs!!

I've edited because I'd forgotten how beautiful NPIH is. It made me want to cry.

I should have voted for that one, but nevermind. As I said, the whole album is lovely.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

The official singles don't seem to be the most popular among fans... So many AMAZING songs to choose! They can still promote Promiseland. Just saying. And Rio is not in my top 5 but I've listened to it a lot and oh boy it sounded good on BBC today!

• Like 1

The official singles don't seem to be the most popular among fans... 

Well, no surprise there, especially considering the lead single: It's been pretty much the same for his last 3 albums. Also, it may not only be his fans these songs are unpopular with.. Perhaps next time it would be a good idea for whoever (most likely record company) is choosing the lead single to pick one song and forget about ever releasing that one...  I have no problem with Talk About You, except that it sounds a bit 'dated' and rather unimpressive to be chosen as a single.

Promiseland would have been a much better choice. .. 

Anyway, I voted for Good Guys, Last Party and Ordinary Man as my favourites and another 3 added to a Top 6 would be Rio, Promiseland and Hurts. I must add I do like the rest of the album as well. :)

• Like 1

I agree with you Suzie (sorry so difficult to quote with mobile). I don't have any problems with TAY either. It's a really good live song. It's just unimpressive for a single. Promiseland would have been on another level. I know the same happened with the previous albums. I guess I was expecting a learning curve effect :)

My favorites besides LP, NPIH and Hurts are Promiseland, Porcelain, Good Wife and Rio. Practically love the whole album :)

Edited by tiibet

It's almost totally impossible to choose just 3 favs.from this fab. alb - I really love all the songs sooo much, but so far, the winners are, for me,in this row: NPIH, LP and GW ...:)

Love,love

me

After a first listening I chose for "Hurts", "Promiseland" and "Porcelain"! I especialy like the second half of the French deluxe version.

I agree! It's an amazing piece of work and deserves to be a worldwide hit.

Definitely!  Some songs are upbeat and cheerful, like TAY and Rio, while others are more gentle with poignant lyrics, like Hurts and Porcelain.  It just shows how flexible Mika is in his musical talent.

If this album is promoted the right way, it could be a major hit.  I really wish Mika was more well known than some of these overrated artists that dominate the charts - then we might stand a chance of having even more UK gigs!

Could you add Les baisers perdus, Boum Boum Boum and l'amour fait ce qu'il veut , please?

However, I can not chose three songs, that's totally impossible for me...

The ones I like less list is shorter and that doesn't mean I don't like them but I tend to skip Porcelain; Hurts and Promiseland  ,Staring at the sun , Rio ,Boum Boum, Boum, Ordinary man ....but I love all the others :wub2: But I can't say which three ones I like better, it depends on my mood I love Good Wife, All She Wants, Les Baisers perdus, Good Guys, Girl, you're the devil, Last Party, Talk About You, No Place in Heaven, L'amour fait ce qu'il veut, That's the first time I really like a song in French by Mika that much, but Les Baisers perdus is awesome :wub2:

J'ai pas envie is a song I didn't like much at the beginning but now I do like it. 

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Definitely!  Some songs are upbeat and cheerful, like TAY and Rio, while others are more gentle with poignant lyrics, like Hurts and Porcelain.  It just shows how flexible Mika is in his musical talent.

If this album is promoted the right way, it could be a major hit.  I really wish Mika was more well known than some of these overrated artists that dominate the charts - then we might stand a chance of having even more UK gigs!

They should advertise the album on TV. I worry that if it isn't a hit, with all the effort Mika put into the promo all week, that Mika might give up on the UK and we couldn't blame him for that.

At least the fans have big plans to show Mika some love at the UK gig in London, and let's hope for great things from the album. It really deserves to be a UK success. It is so brilliant!

They should advertise the album on TV. I worry that if it isn't a hit, with all the effort Mika put into the promo all week, that Mika might give up on the UK and we couldn't blame him for that.

At least the fans have big plans to show Mika some love at the UK gig in London, and let's hope for great things from the album. It really deserves to be a UK success. It is so brilliant!

I don't think need to worry much about Mika giving up on the UK. In a recent interview he said he liked doing more things in the UK. Of course that could be just a remark form promotions sake. But why wouldn't it be true? It's his homeland. And the London gig will probably be a big succes when you look at the ticket sale.

Maybe he even likes that he's not as famous anymore in the UK now as in Italy, Korea and France. It's probably more quiet and less disturbing not to not recognized by lots of people or followed around by press or fans all the time.

Edit : I just saw the interview in On n'est pas couche. I couldn't understand everything but I'm pretty sure he said that he didn't care at all that he isn't mainstream in the UK. His concerts sell out in a second and he's proud to be pop cult in Britain. Doesn't sound as if he's given up.

Edited by Pascale
  • Like 1

Edit : I just saw the interview in On n'est pas couche. I couldn't understand everything but I'm pretty sure he said that he didn't care at all that he isn't mainstream in the UK. His concerts sell out in a second and he's proud to be pop cult in Britain. Doesn't sound as if he's given up.

I thought he was talking about the USA? I couldn't understand everything either, so I could be wrong.  :) But he has said similar things in the past about his popularity in the US, where he has never been mainstream (while he used to be mainstream in the UK).