Your 3 favourite songs on No Place In Heaven

suzie

Your 3 favourite songs on No Place in Heaven  

133 members have voted

1. 1. What are your 3 favourite songs on Mika's No Place in Heaven album?

• Talk About You
    • All She Wants
    • Last Party
    • Good Guys
    • Oh Girl, You're The Devil
    • No Place In Heaven
    • Staring At The Sun
    • Hurts
    • Good Wife
    • Rio
    • Ordinary Man
    • Promiseland
    • Porcelain
    • L'Amour Fait Ce Qu'il Veut
    • J'ai Pas Envie
    • Les Baisers Perdus
    • Boum Boum Boum

They should advertise the album on TV. I worry that if it isn't a hit, with all the effort Mika put into the promo all week, that Mika might give up on the UK and we couldn't blame him for that.

At least the fans have big plans to show Mika some love at the UK gig in London, and let's hope for great things from the album. It really deserves to be a UK success. It is so brilliant!

TV adverts would be great to boost promo.  But I'm sure Mika won't give up on the UK completely - he may not be mainstream, but he still has lots of fans here.  At least we have one UK gig so far, which is better than nothing.

By the way, last time I looked the album was #19 on UK charts.  Great news! :)

Edit : I just saw the interview in On n'est pas couche. I couldn't understand everything but I'm pretty sure he said that he didn't care at all that he isn't mainstream in the UK. His concerts sell out in a second and he's proud to be pop cult in Britain. Doesn't sound as if he's given up.

I thought he was talking about the USA? I couldn't understand everything either, so I could be wrong.  :) But he has said similar things in the past about his popularity in the US, where he has never been mainstream (while he used to be mainstream in the UK).

Yes, he was indeed talking about the US :).

Edited by Melyssa

What a shame I'm the only one that voted for L'Amour Fait Ce Qu'il Veut!!! Really love that one.

I'm glad you voted for this song, because I sort of felt bad that it had no votes.  :) I really like it too, it just didn't make my top three.

Yes, he was indeed talking about the US.

I thought he was talking about the USA? I couldn't understand everything either, so I could be wrong. :) But he has said similar things in the past about his popularity in the US, where he has never been mainstream (while he used to be mainstream in the UK).

Oh dear, I still have a lot of work to do at (or 'on' , I have some difficulties with English as well) my French then. Really thought I understood this part of the interview. One more reason to be happy about the French songs and the Voice. I need them to improve my French. I hope I'm right about the other interview and that he was talking about the UK in that one.

Edit: I just rewatched the french interview. The name Les Etats Unis is repeated constantly and he's talking about Ariana Grande as well. Can't believe I totally misunderstood.

I'll never say anything about any french remark again until our beloved subtitling team has done their very much appreciated work.

Edited by Pascale

Oh dear, I still have a lot of work to do at (or 'on' , I have some difficulties with English as well) my French then. Really thought I understood this part of the interview. One more reason to be happy about the French songs and the Voice. I need them to improve my French. I hope 'm right about the other interview and that he was talking about the UK in that one.

I'm with you when it comes to French. I think my French has already improved a lot since I started following Mika, so that's one good thing about being a fan of his. :) And I'm sure you're right about the other interview, because I also remember him saying that he liked doing more things in the UK.

• Like 1

What a shame I'm the only one that voted for L'Amour Fait Ce Qu'il Veut!!! Really love that one.

I absolutely love the sound of it, and the snippets of lyrics I've understood, but I wanted to vote now, and will need to slog through the lyrics with a translation, followed by more listens, before I can really appreciate it, or not

Edited by Soaring Simpson

I did the vote....

1. Good Wife

2. Rio

3. All she wants

Then mentally carried on!!

4. No place in heaven

5. Promise land

6. Porcelain

7. Last Party

8. Oh girl you're the Devil

9. Hurts

10. L'Amour (slow version, not the one on the UK album!)

11. Ordinary Man

12. Talk about you

13. Staring at the Sun

14. Good Guys (the night time mix)

15. Good Guys

Edited by vixenbbw
  • Like 1

Last Party, All She Wants & Promiseland at this particular moment, so that's what I voted.

Ask me tomorrow and it might be totally different.

I received the cd today. I couldn't listen to it until now because I went for a boattrip and a swim with friends. We played Relax and Tah dah through Spotify on the boat. It was amazing listening to those songs at sunset and with water all around us (staring at the sun...)

Now I'm at home and listening to the songs on NPIH that I've all heard before tonight but never all together or at the right pace (Youtube pace is quite interesting sometimes but not exactly as it's supposed to be). It's a completely new experience and I'm very pleased to find out that I love the cd much more than I expected. It gives me a happy and energetic feeling and I keep moving most parts of my body incessantly because of the rythms.

I can't choose my ultimate three yet. Want to listen more to all the songs. At first hearing, I go for Les baisers perdus, Good wife, Ordinary Man (love that one, especially the combination of voices and piano parts ) and All she wants. And of course Boum Boum Boum. But except for Ordinary man that stands out for me at this moment, I have many songs or parts of songs that I like a lot but no real favorites.

Edited by Pascale

I'm very dithering but this is my Top3:

1) Promiseland

2) Good Wife

3) No Place In Heaven

I don't like so much the French songs, I find them a bit bland, vapid. However Mika, in this new album, offers us all his own whole magic Promiseland, with both suave and Caribbean rhythm.

I believe it represents the most personal, intimate and mature masterpiece. There is a great song for each emotion, for every feeling, I do love the flooding fullness, the overflowing richness and the fleeing emotional hues of the album.

Very hard to pick only three, I'm sure I don't like L'Amour Fait Ce Qu'il Veut but I like all the other ones, more or less.

I've voted Hurts, No place in heaven and Staring at the sun, but I'm changing my mind almost everyday since the CD is out.

I voted NPIH, Good Wife and Hurts, but my favourites are also Promiseland, Rio and J'ai Pas Envie and Les Baisers Perdus from the french deluxe edition. It' s a very very hard choice!

Its sooooooo hard to choose 3 when they are ALL good! 

I chose Good wife, Oh girl you're the devil and All she wants but it keeps changing and i also adore promiseland, no place in heaven and staring at the sun and rio and good guys and the others!!

I love what u did @vixenbbw ;D

It's too hard to choice only 3 songs, 'cause the album is so good. So Staring at the sun, Hurts and L'amour fait ce qu'il veut, but I love on the french version Les Baisers Perdus :wub2: , Rio that sounds like a holiday song,  Last party  

I fell in love with Good Guys the first day I heard a little part of it with Happy Ending and I'm still in love with that song  :wub:

I like Last party and No Place in Heaven a lot. But I also like a lot some other songs of the album: Promiseland, All She Wants, Hurts, Talk About You.

Sorry that I never saw this sooner -- I've just been traveling too much! :insane:

Anyhow, I added Boum Boum Boum and the two other French songs... not sure if that changes the poll for anyone.

So interesting to me that Promiseland is #2 in the poll -- just one vote behind No Place in Heaven.

Ok my favourite are:

1) Oh Girl You Are The Devil

2) No Place in Heaven

3) Promiseland

At first I didn't like No Place In Heaven but after I heard it a second time and I read the lyrics I totally fell in love with it :wub2: It's a real statement