British Summer Time Festival, London 21 June 2015 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

We were at the front with Kath and Abby but really far over so had a hard job with pics and videos but videoed pretty much all of it. Will upload stuff tomorrow night when I get home.

When he did the songs from LICM I could hear everyone around us going "oh, I like this one' and singing along. He really got the crowd going and had everyone singing along at the end of Love Today.

He mentioned Kylie lots saying she was the happiest lady he knew and hoped everyone enjoyed her show but also said she'd stolen his show!!

The show was very tight and he opened and closed a fair few songs on the piano. The end of relax was so slick as the keyboard stopped he started playing it on the piano without missing a beat.

I had a sore throat from singing along and loved him ending with Love a Today as it's my all time fave.

When he finished we rushed off to get something to eat but so many people left with us!! They were clearly waiting until he'd finished before going anywhere!!!!

It was, as ever, over too soon but fabulous non the less. Chic were great from what we saw of them from afar but Grace Jones was an abomination and shouldn't have been on just before Kylie.

However, Kylie was fab!!

So, we had a fantastic day, ate and drank loads and staggered away with sore feet at 10pm.

Edited by vixenbbw
  • Like 2

The music party in Hyde Park yesterday was great! The weather was lovely, with good temp. We went inside already at 12, and got a good place, not too far from the stage, and had a fence to lean on. As we were two, me and hubby, we could walk around, without loosing our spots.

MIKA and his band come onstage at 15.50, and immediately started with GK. I was very pleased that he also had both TAY and LP on his setlist, added with TOOL it became an OK mix of songs, the rest of the totally 8 songs from LICM. It was sooo good to see and hear MIKA again, even he didn't chat much this time. I was quite surprised that he didn't annonce the new songs to be from his alb. NPIH, out here today!?! But I do hope that his performance for this big audience will pay off well - people seemed to enjoy him and sang along -:) Luckily he ended his 45 minutes with Love Today, which was a great success - like the whole concert :-) Thank you sooo much MIKA!!!

We made quite good recordings with our phones, but we're on holiday one more week, so unfortunately we can't share it here. Thanks to those who will do it! :-) Now our London weekend, which we have enjoyed a lot, is over. We're leaving very soon - bye for now...

Love,love

me

• Like 2

I'm loving the reports. Of course he got the crowd singing along! He's Mika!!

I hope everyone orders the album now and that he has made lots of new fans.

I'm happy this morning as there is some good UK promo this week (thank The Lord)

• Like 1

Hi Everyone!

Having won tickets last Wednesday, my father and I had the huge privilege of seeing MIKA yesterday afternoon.

We arrived at the main stage just in time to see Years & Years performing. Whilst they seemed good, with a talented lead singer, the acoustics for their set were wrong. It was very hard to hear anything apart from the thumping baseline, which made me worry that mika would be similar. Thankfully I was wrong!

After a short wait whilst the stage was set, Mika and his band came on! I was pleased to see Felix, Max and Joy as part of his band, but didn't recognise the rest.

Anyway, Mika started off with Grace Kelly, successfully grabbing the attention of the crowd, before sandwiching some of his well-known material between his newer, lesser known songs.

Whilst Mika danced on the piano and really worked the crowd up (no surprises there), he didn't really speak much to us. Perhaps he wanted to get as many songs in as he could during such a short time frame, but it was disappointing that he didn't even mention that NPIH was out today.

Bearing in mind he really won lots of people in the crowd over- I even heard somebody who didn't even know Mika was playing shout that he was better than Kylie- he really missed out on a marketing opportunity.

It was truly wonderful to be able to see Mika again, and despite arriving quite late we managed

to get really close to the stage! There was a real mixture of proper Mika fans and general festival goers where we were stood, but we all had a great time, singing and dancing around. Maybe he could have performed some more songs from No Place in Heaven, but then again, he wanted to please the crowd over everything else. He certainly managed this during what was probably the shortest 45 minutes of my life!

After Mika, we stayed to watch a bit of Chic, but being neither mine nor my father's cup of tea, we didn't stay the duration. We'd have loved to see Kylie, but bearing in mind a long journey home and my 7 am shift this morning, we weren't able too.

I hope Mika does tour the UK this autumn as people over here love him, and would buy his songs if they actually knew he was still making music! And also from a selfish point of view, I really, really want to see him again at a full show!

Thanks for reading! :)

Ellen

Edited by Ellenowl
  • Like 3

Thank you for the reports and pictures.

What a great day it was! It really was a lovely festival day ( with the expecting of Grace Jones - whoever booked her needs a serious talking to). As others have said, the mix of Mika's set was as expected for a festival audience really... Mainly LICM with two new ones plus origin. Starting with GK was a very good move as was ending with Love Today. He certainly played to, and worked the crowd.... But as we know he is a master of that. I too was surprised at how little he spoke and no mention at all of the album. Odd. I thought he looked very out of place in a suit and shirt and tie at a summer festival.

But overall it was a great performance and was very well received.

Let's just hope that all this promo this week will pay off and we get some gigs.

Edited by kath

Wasn't sure of the best way to share my pics quickly but a link to my Facebook page seems to work.

Not sure how to load them directly to the thread like others have above?

There's one more to come with the last two songs on it but it failed to upload overnight so will add it later.

I was on total zoom as we were a long way from the centre of the stage so the slightest movement in my hand made a big wobble for the filming!  :(

There's one more to come with the last two songs on it but it failed to upload overnight so will add it later.

I was on total zoom as we were a long way from the centre of the stage so the slightest movement in my hand made a big wobble for the filming!  :(

you did really well! Well done! I am very impressed, you must have a great zoom. Standing next to you, watching you filming, I wasn't expecting them to be as good as that! Thanks very much for sharing.
  • Like 1

Ah this was one i would have LOVED to have been at- especially given the line up – esp running mate Nile! :teehee:

Thanks for the reports and videos ladies

It seems like he is certainly doing lots of promo this week and a gig announced too! Woohoo

It’s been a while Mika but good to see you back here and getting the crowds worked up.

Hope to see more coming this way soon

:)

• Like 1

you did really well! Well done! I am very impressed, you must have a great zoom. Standing next to you, watching you filming, I wasn't expecting them to be as good as that! Thanks very much for sharing.

I'm a pro.....what can I say! I have arms of steel from years of filming him!!  :naughty:  :fisch:

• Like 2

Abso-effing-lutely!

Edited by Soaring Simpson
  • Like 1

I am bit late as usual, but just need to share my love for this concert - deeeefinitely too short, by unfairly putting Mika almost at the end of the line-up, but how great he did! I can't believe I was in the first row, I was almost the only one among all the Kylie fans (just only one lovely fan was standing 3 people from me on the left) and how ridiculous I looked jumping and singing and being the happiest person on the World. That was my first time seeing him on the stage and I was just stunned. I can't believe it happened. Origin of Love almost made me cry, so the Happy Ending and Last Party. 

• Like 1