2015 - British Summer Time Festival, London 21 June - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

guylainem123

I thought Mika put on a fantastic performance again. 45 minutes (9 songs) just wasn't long enough though! I was surprised at how many old songs he performed, I thought he'd do more from NPIH. I didn't get any good photos this time because the disabled viewing platform was too far away but I had a great afternoon.

• Like 1

I am bit late as usual, but just need to share my love for this concert - deeeefinitely too short, by unfairly putting Mika almost at the end of the line-up, but how great he did! I can't believe I was in the first row, I was almost the only one among all the Kylie fans (just only one lovely fan was standing 3 people from me on the left) and how ridiculous I looked jumping and singing and being the happiest person on the World. That was my first time seeing him on the stage and I was just stunned. I can't believe it happened. Origin of Love almost made me cry, so the Happy Ending and Last Party.

So happy for you!! :) To see MIKA live for the first time, and even from the first row, in your own city, isn't bad!! :) I think the Kylie fans were very quick to capture these places in HP. I was looking for familiar faces,from MFC, I knew were present, but I didn't see any :( Imo, they should have given MIKA the time, right before Kylie, instead of Grace - and much longer playtime - but he did the best out of it :) Anyway, I found it strange that he didn't mention NPIH when performing two new songs! Maybe MIKA was a bit paralyzed by the bad reviews the alb got in UK, and wanted to lay low about it, till the BBC presentation the day after? I'm so happy that was successful for him!! Btw, it's also a bit funny that he had AMORE on his suit jacket, instead of LOVE - maybe by purpose?! :) I hope you'll have new wonderful, and complete, MIKA concerts ...:)

Love, love

me

So happy for you!! :) To see MIKA live for the first time, and even from the first row, in your own city, isn't bad!! :) I think the Kylie fans were very quick to capture these places in HP. I was looking for familiar faces,from MFC, I knew were present, but I didn't see any :( Imo, they should have given MIKA the time, right before Kylie, instead of Grace - and much longer playtime - but he did the best out of it :) Anyway, I found it strange that he didn't mention NPIH when performing two new songs! Maybe MIKA was a bit paralyzed by the bad reviews the alb got in UK, and wanted to lay low about it, till the BBC presentation the day after? I'm so happy that was successful for him!! Btw, it's also a bit funny that he had AMORE on his suit jacket, instead of LOVE - maybe by purpose?! :) I hope you'll have new wonderful, and complete, MIKA concerts ... :)

Love, love

me

I was talking to the Kyle fans around me and even they were surprised that Mika is playing only as the 3rd artist and for only 45 minutes, I mean - he would definitely entertain the crowd for longer than that, it was just a warm-up, I didn't even manage to get tired or make my voice husky like I usually do after applauding so loudly. 

I loved the jacket. Oh my God. And the shoes, they sparkled so beautifully in the sun.

I was talking to the Kyle fans around me and even they were surprised that Mika is playing only as the 3rd artist and for only 45 minutes, I mean - he would definitely entertain the crowd for longer than that, it was just a warm-up, I didn't even manage to get tired or make my voice husky like I usually do after applauding so loudly. 

I loved the jacket. Oh my God. And the shoes, they sparkled so beautifully in the sun.

Good to hear that also Kylie's fans would like MIKA, her friend, to perform close to " the pop-queen"  :thumb_yello:  MIKA is always lovely, whatever he wears :wub: Imo,  he's one of few persons, who can wear whatever,  and still look like "dressed for success"  :wub:

The next time he enters  The Great Oak Stage in Hyde Park,I do hope he'll be the headliner!!  :thumb_yello:  :wub:

Love,love

me

Thanks a million Eriko - for all the lovely pics,  from HP performance,  shared here!  :hug:  And also thanks to the fans,  who were present, for all your stuff shared! :hug:  :wub:  

Love,love

me 

Thanks a million Eriko - for all the lovely pics,  from HP performance,  shared here!  :hug:  And also thanks to the fans,  who were present, for all your stuff shared! :hug:  :wub:  

Love,love

me

so sorry to have missed you... But glad to hear you had a great time :)

so sorry to have missed you... But glad to hear you had a great time :)

Yeah, I'm sorry for that too! :( It would be lovely to see you again! :) As we entered the park as early as we were allowed to, I had a hope I could find you - before it got too crowded, but unfortunately I didn't - even I walked around, but before, and in between the concerts. So the next time we'll make an appointment for meeting :) I'm happy to see that you got tics for 18th Oct - it will surely be fab. with lots more of the new songs - and happy meeting, with both old and new MIKA friends :) :)

Love,love

me

Apart from finding myself with a prioirity ticket instead of a premium one ( could have sworn I clicked it on the order form), it was a fantastic day

I met Danny Olaf quite by chance in the crowd, so we hung out together all day, it was good to see a friendly face.

Then later on finding more friendly faces, my MFC buddies  :wub:

I felt sorry for the young girl who started the show off, she seemed incredibly nervous, and the crowd weren't too kind to her. I thought they were being quite unfair.

Years & Years were very entertaining, and they have the most focused drummer I have ever seen.

Mika was alright.

Joking, :naughty:

Mika was on top form, and had the crowd eating out of his hand in a couple of songs. He even got the sun to come out, he is that powerful  :naughty:  :wink2:

Would have been nice to hear more new songs, but 45 mins doesn't afford much luxury for that, so we got TAY and Last Party, and was heartening to see the good response the latter got. Was very heartening to see.

Chic, well Nile Rogers can do no wrong, the man is a legend and lovely guy.

And at the end of the set, seeing Joy DANCING ON STAGE WITH HIM, was pretty awesome :wub:

So many famous people up there, Sam Smith, Carla Delevingne to name a couple. I think Simon Le Bon was there too, I'm pretty sure he sang Notorious.

Grace Jones, I am constantly in awe of, she is a force of nature, and did her famous hula hoop rendition of Slave To The Rhythm. Pretty good for a 67 year old woman. She is as fit as a flea.

She did have a tumble at one point, but she laughed it off, got up and went for her next costume change.

Love her :)

And Kylie. :wub:

I have been a fan since she was in the tv show Neighbours back in the 80s, and despite every effort to get her back on the show, for anniversary episodes, she has resisted. So it was funny, when she inadvertently mentioned having the curfew at 10, and not wanting to upset the.......

'Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours' the crowd belted out, and would not stop until Kylie relented and joined in. A magical moment  :)

Her set was flawless, she puts on a fantastic show, and has the most interesting choreography on the planet. 

So happy Mika chose to do this, as the line up was pretty much a dream on for me.

Best day out for a long time  :wub:

Edited by RAK1
  • Like 2

I usually don´t write any reports at all, but that festival was just too good - so here I go!

We arrived at the festival at 12 shortly before they opened the doors. Everything was very well organized. We ended up in the Premium view area, 2nd row. Years and Years were soooo good. Can´t wait to see them again in September here in Germany! Mika was brilliant! It was quite a while since the last time I saw him on stage so I was a bit nervous (almost like it was my first gig at all :naughty:). I´m not good in keeping the setlist in mind. I still know that he started with Grace Kelly :fisch: From the new songs he did "Last Party" as well as "Talk About You".

Here you can see my video of "Last Party":

https://youtu.be/ftVj37f1VSI

After Mika´s performance we met with the others to hang out and having some drinks/food. It was so good to see all the lovely faces again, even it was too short tho! I loved the Brazil Carnival thing :fangurl:  Brazilian dancers, Samba music and costumes. The party was soooo good :thumb_yello: We managed to get back to the Premium view area for Kylie´s show. She just rocked. It was amazing!! :wub:

Having a great time with friends at a music festival in London while the weather is brilliant must be one of the best things ever! Thanks everyone who made it unforgettable :wub::group_hug: Sunburn, lost voice and hurting feet were all totally worth it!! :pinkbow:

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • silver changed the title to 2015 - British Summer Time Festival, London 21 June - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS