Fan Action Plans for the Adelphi Theatre - 18.10.

Jonc

Yes, I will post the designs so anyone who would like to help with printing will be able to download them from here :) Mellody, the things you've done are amazing! <3 

And it's incredible that so many people already want to contribute/contributed already. We can do it, we are the best fandom in the World! (well, excluding me). 

I'm glad it's not just me that late with deadlines and pisting,, I love making things but the time always flys!!

Now I've seen your stuff Melody, I will try for some things during the week to go with them.

• Like 1

Yes, I will post the designs so anyone who would like to help with printing will be able to download them from here :) Mellody, the things you've done are amazing! <3 

And it's incredible that so many people already want to contribute/contributed already. We can do it, we are the best fandom in the World! (well, excluding me). 

I'm still available to bring everything down to the theatre on the Sunday for you, just let me know what time.

• Like 1

Hello,

Guys, I am really sorry for my absence. I was putting this duty away and away and couple of weeks ago, my life became very complicated, I had to struggle with a lot of stress, and my situation was not sorted out until yesterday - and this is when I realised, how late it is with the action! 

I do apologize, I feel terrible and childlish, because I know I should've taken responsibility ages ago - I just got overwhelmed by everything. :)

If the banners are banned, I was wondering, if we should find just one object, very symbolic, like the stars, but something new. Something which will just unite the fans and what they will be able to bring along easily. 

I was thinking - maybe artificial flowers? You can find them in pound land, for example.

But do you think it is possible still to bring the buildings and the other pieces of cityscape if they'll be the size of A4? A3 is not very big either. 

I hope you'll still bring my badges to give out as I worked very hard on them. Are you still giving him the book with the artwork in?

• Like 1

I'm still available to bring everything down to the theatre on the Sunday for you, just let me know what time.

Are you going to be in the pub meeting as well? :)

Thank you very much for your offer. I will definitely let you know if there is an emergency, but I do not want to bother you too much - if I will be able to bring them on my own (I'll find a lovely bag for all of this paper) then I hope I do not have to cause any trouble to you! :) 

By the way, I'll post some stuff I made in a sec. Need to adjust them a little bit. 

Hi Girls, I need a quick answer. In Rochefort Corinne France had the idea to print pics of all the Good Guys and gave them to some People in front. Mika was very very moved and happy to see the pictures so I I asked her if she would mind to repeat this in London for Good Guys. I think Rochefort was early August and it wasn´t repeated since then, I really think it would be a nice Thing to do it again, what do you think? I also think doing something for a second song isn´t too much.

• Like 1

This isn't really relating to the project at all, but I just wanted to ask something. You're all talking about the sign Mika has been using as a Victory sign, but I'm curious -- didn't you ever see that it was also the peace sign? I mean, maybe it's just because I grew up in the '70s and that was all I saw everywhere, but I think even the emoji is called the "peace" emoji.

how-to-draw-a-peace-sign_1_000000001914_

Anyhow, random and off-topic I know -- but I was curious. :huh:

• Like 1

So! They are closing my library soon and I won't have a scanner to work with, so I am posting what I've done so far! There are couple of simple designs, meant to be print on A4, they were literally put on A4 blank page in Photoshop, so there is no need to crop them or resize them, just print them as they are - if you of course want to help with printing! :))) 

So, dcdeb said, she has stars from another fan action (around 100? yay!) to give to fans as well, but I did the star before knowing that and if you are really keen on printing them, then you can! But I guess we would need more of the rest of those. Also, I couldn't decide between the clouds, so I am posting two of the designs. There is a one moon to be printed on A3 (if no one would volunteer from upper circle to do that I will print it myself and then find someone with upper circle seat to hold that. I do have stalls ticket myself! :)

I only made two building for now, but as we need variety, I will do some more tomorrow. Also, I will start printing them tomorrow, because as I said, they'll close the whole building soon! :C 

So, from the speedy share links you can download full quality images to print them! :) 

">6408e8.jpg

http://www.speedyshare.com/v2cmQ/mika

">imkrcj.jpg

http://speedy.sh/MntR9/mika7.jpg

">2nuj7v8.jpg

http://speedy.sh/8Mgzs/mika2.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks jonc, love your designs! :wub2:

Sabine, i think it's a good idea - and doesn't take much time to prepare it. :thumb_yello:

Deb, yes, i also know it as both the victory and the peace sign. Dunno if mika uses it in both ways too, i've seen the show with the stage set just once so i don't remember when it comes up again after TAY.

Edit: jonc, do you think you could update the first post of this thread with a quick summary of what people can do if they want to help (print and cut out your designs (with links), make some unique houses and/or clouds from a4 paper)?

As for the moon, if you have the possibility to print in a3 at your library or copyshop, where you go anyway, please do so. We can give it to mfcers in the dress circle. But usually people just have an a4 printer at home.

• Like 2

Your designs look great!

I don't think I have time for doing some individual houses anymore, but I can print some A4 pages on thick paper and cut them out. It is planned that they will be cutted out, not just the prints, right?

Maybe we could collect all done symbols and hand them out at the MFC meet up (and maybe at the entries of the interior of the theater to other fans if some of them are still left)

• Like 1

THANK YOU <3

Yes, cutting out will make them look better, however if I'll manage to print at least those 100 copies I might be not able to cut all of them before the show (having some deadlines at uni as well, everything's happening at the same time), but I'll try to make couple of batches printed on better paper and I'll try to cut them out! :) 

I think it is a good idea to collect the pieces at one point and to hand them out also during the meeting, cause that'll help prevent the stir happening just before the show. However, hopefully there'll be still lots of spare ones to hand out to people in the theatre as well. :)

By the way, I updated the first post as well, hopefully clear enough, cause I have a tendency to overflow the posts. :))

• Like 2

1st post sounds good, thanks! i'd just add that we already have 100 stars from deb, so those aren't the priority. i think no one has created any clouds yet?

maybe some of the locals could bring scissors to the mfc meetup (or we meet up before, i'll be in london from saturday noon), i'd be happy to help with cutting... i just can't bring scissors because i can only take hand luggage on the plane. :aah: guess you can't take them into the venue either, so it'd be good if we could leave them in someone's car during the gig (rose, maybe your van could be of use here? ;)).

• Like 1

So the French fans came up with another great idea instead of the Good Guys. Corinne will bring a good amount of different Pictures of Freddy Mercury and Renate will try to print some more and we will show them during Last Party to Mika. I think he will like it very much as he did with the Good Guys before.

Are you going to be in the pub meeting as well? :)

Thank you very much for your offer. I will definitely let you know if there is an emergency, but I do not want to bother you too much - if I will be able to bring them on my own (I'll find a lovely bag for all of this paper) then I hope I do not have to cause any trouble to you! :) 

By the way, I'll post some stuff I made in a sec. Need to adjust them a little bit. 

Yes, I will be there too.

It's no problem, I will be in the van all weekend, so might as well use it  :)

May I ask what size the designs need to be, and on what should they be printed on. paper or card?

Size din a4. If you can print it on card/thick paper, it's more stable - but i think normal paper is better than nothing (i'll print on normal paper too).

So the French fans came up with another great idea instead of the Good Guys. Corinne will bring a good amount of different Pictures of Freddy Mercury and Renate will try to print some more and we will show them during Last Party to Mika. I think he will like it very much as he did with the Good Guys before.

Love it so much, and he will adore it!

AND we are in London, so it's perfect!

God save the Queen :king: 

This isn't really relating to the project at all, but I just wanted to ask something. You're all talking about the sign Mika has been using as a Victory sign, but I'm curious -- didn't you ever see that it was also the peace sign? I mean, maybe it's just because I grew up in the '70s and that was all I saw everywhere, but I think even the emoji is called the "peace" emoji.

how-to-draw-a-peace-sign_1_000000001914_

Anyhow, random and off-topic I know -- but I was curious. :huh:

Last time I saw the show he used the sign to show "two". During Relax?? It wasn't during TAY anymore. 

Edited by tiibet

1st post sounds good, thanks! i'd just add that we already have 100 stars from deb, so those aren't the priority. i think no one has created any clouds yet?

maybe some of the locals could bring scissors to the mfc meetup (or we meet up before, i'll be in london from saturday noon), i'd be happy to help with cutting... i just can't bring scissors because i can only take hand luggage on the plane. :aah: guess you can't take them into the venue either, so it'd be good if we could leave them in someone's car during the gig (rose, maybe your van could be of use here? ;)).

Awww, you're right, I'll edit in a sec! 

I can bring the scissors to the meet up, definitely! :) Actually, I have a whole day off for Mika, so why not cut the stuff? :) 

AND! I managed to so far, print 84 pieces! On a normal paper only, sadly, because copy printers in my uni won't let you use different paper and it is expensive a little bit. 

So, I have 21 pieces of the house, 21 pieces of the tower, 21 pieces of one cloud and 21 one pieces of the other cloud. But I'll print more, definitely of the clouds, cause A4 black&white copying cost me 5p per page, so to print 20 it takes only 1 pound! 

So, I was thinking - if someone did a design which is black&white only, can you please scan it and send it to me? So I can copy that cheaply. And vary the cityscape a little bit more! :) 

Oh, and I printed off the moon on A3 as well - looks quite nice c: 

• Like 1

I got asked to tell you another idea for the finale, what do you think about showing him Din A 4 Posters or flags of our countries with the word " Thanks," in all our languages before he leaves the stage? So the British People their flag, the Italians their, the German´s their.......... or even a simple paper with the word in all our languages?

• Like 3