2015 - Mika at Jardins de Pedralbes - 10 July - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

SjoerdvWijk

The playlist (if I remember right. I was too excited to remember the right order). The concert lasted for almost two hours! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE VENUE AND SEEING HIM AGAIN!

Toy Boy

Grace Kelly

Blue Eyes

Talk About You

Underwater

Big Girl

Live Your Life

Elle Me Dit

Good Guys

Boum Boum Boum

Billy Brown

Love You When I'm Drunk (+Spanish chorus)

Origin Of Love

Happy Ending

Love Today

ENCORE

Last Party

Lollipop

Please correct me if I'm wrong or forgot songs!

• Like 1

looks great, luckily I could follow the gig partly on periscope yesterday and what I saw and read on twitter or fb was wonderful. Now I'm looking forward about ubcoming vids, pics and reports here :wink2:

• Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG-20150711-WA0009.jpgattachicon.gifIMG-20150711-WA0012.jpg

It was absolutely amazing!! As always. Pity that he comes to Barcelona every two years. I leave you some pics and vids we took from the concert yesterday

Yes, it's a pity but he told me at the m&g he'll back to Barcelona but it's is a secret and he assured me that it was not a lie.  :wub:

Fantastic gig! I was in the 2 row, and saw every drop of the sweat on his face  :wink2:

We were waiting for M&G till approximately 3.15, and it was worth it :) He asked where I am from, and when he got to know that I'm from Ukraine asked from which city and about the situation in my country, from what he said it seems like he follows the news (since his tweets 1,5 years ago).

I'm not often at the gigs, and it was the first time when I actually talked to him at M&G - so I was totally stunned with the feeling of his sunshine and his warmth! Finally I had a real chance to look into his eyes :)

As always I was pleased to speak with Alba! And I've met Chris in the RL, which is awesome! Thanks for such a good time while waiting!  :hug:

Later I will post my videos. Now I'm still travelling and have the minimal access to Internet.

11330512_754041081389243_726356905_n.jpg

891503_474966402676785_748583061_n.jpg

1169181_887740024631438_1269646694_n.jpg

11202516_720903211371136_1245667069_n.jp

10597409_1420606281602694_1211663117_n.j

11416917_931318450224949_643564637_n.jpg

• Like 12

Fantastic gig! I was in the 2 row, and saw every drop of the sweat on his face  :wink2:

We were waiting for M&G till approximately 3.15, and it was worth it :) He asked where I am from, and when he got to know that I'm from Ukraine asked from which city and about the situation in my country, from what he said it seems like he follows the news (since his tweets 1,5 years ago).

I'm not often at the gigs, and it was the first time when I actually talked to him at M&G - so I was totally stunned with the feeling of his sunshine and his warmth! Finally I had a real chance to look into his eyes :)

As always I was pleased to speak with Alba! And I've met Chris in the RL, which is awesome! Thanks for such a good time while waiting!  :hug:

Later I will post my videos. Now I'm still travelling and have the minimal access to Internet.

So pleased you got to see Mika afterwards :hug:

Edited by silver
  • Like 1

Fantastic gig! I was in the 2 row, and saw every drop of the sweat on his face :wink2:

Congratulations on getting to meet him. Your write up is great and so our your pictures. I'm so happy you had a great experience.

So pleased you got to see Mika afterwards :hug:

Congratulations on getting to meet him. Your write up is great and so our your pictures. I'm so happy you had a great experience.

Thank you, girls!

11168082_438772516304945_706641483842223

Oh, this one is especially nice!

• Like 1

Mini report before i'm off to bed: gig was good but not extremely special, and just the usual new songs. Max was missing and Mika told us later that also the lighting technician was a different one and there was supposed to be a (background) choir, but that didn't work either. Despite all this, the gig was good (got better and better the longer it lasted :wub2:), the only thing i missed was more new songs. Also mika skipped popular, rain and golden, which were on the setlist.

After the show we had to wait for quite a while, but when he finally came out, he took lots of time for everyone. :wub2: it all reminded me a bit of the liege m&g a few years ago - long waiting, a slightly tipsy mika who clearly enjoyed meeting his fans, and a lovely tweet from him as soon as he got back in the car. :wub2: will tell more about the m&g when i have time, but now i need to sleep, the last night was too short! :aah:

• Like 2

Mini report before i'm off to bed: gig was good but not extremely special, and just the usual new songs. Max was missing and Mika told us later that also the lighting technician was a different one and there was supposed to be a (background) choir, but that didn't work either. Despite all this, the gig was good (got better and better the longer it lasted :wub2:), the only thing i missed was more new songs. Also mika skipped popular, rain and golden, which were on the setlist.

After the show we had to wait for quite a while, but when he finally came out, he took lots of time for everyone. :wub2: it all reminded me a bit of the liege m&g a few years ago - long waiting, a slightly tipsy mika who clearly enjoyed meeting his fans, and a lovely tweet from him as soon as he got back in the car. :wub2: will tell more about the m&g when i have time, but now i need to sleep, the last night was too short! :aah:

oh dear... lots of different things happening at this gig

So many last minute challenges... He did very well though even he must have been stressed. The bassist was hidden in a box so I couldn't really see him or what he was doing at all, only his face and he kept smiling through the gig, lol! He had probably been advised to smile no matter what. At some point Mika put his head a cap someone gave him (with text Good Guy). I usually pay a lot of attention to lights but this time I didn't take any photos so I didn't pay the usual attention. I had hoped for NPIH but it wasn't even on the set list we saw before the gig and all the new songs he did were really good so I was happy. Really loved Last Party :wub:  He was really sweet to everyone after the show, it made me think of Liege as well  :wub:

The venue was lovely! The whole audience could see him well and Mika said later how the audience looked so elegant everyone seated and dressed nicely. It was so good to meet everyone again. I had my friend with me and she really enjoyed the gig too. I wrote a little report about my trip here: http://mikagigs.com/2015/07/11/mika-festival-jardins-de-pedralbes-in-barcelona-spain-72015/

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 6

Thanks a lot for nice reports, pics and vid. from the Barcelona gig! :-) I'm really happy to hear that everything went well, in spite of many challenges! And it's SO good that MIKA gave you all some of his time, at the late M&G - it must have felt like a very "Happy ending" of his visit! ...:)

Love,love

me

OMG - Alba, you were on stage with MIKA !?! :) What did you do there - what happened !? Please tell us !!! :)

Love,love

me

Ohh, he just called me from the stage because he knows I speak catalan and he wanted to say something in catalan to the audience and I had to translate his words from english into catalan.  He grabbed me with  his hands and arms strongly and made me go with him to the stage.

It was funny. He told me at the meet that he enjoyed the situation and it was really funny. And I adore him more than ever.  :wub:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 13

Ohh, he just called me from the stage because he knows I speak catalan and he wanted to say something in catalan to the audience and I had to translate his words from english into catalan.  He grabbed me with  his hands and arms strongly and made me go with him to the stage.

It was funny. He told me at the meet that he enjoyed the situation and it was really funny. And I adore him more than ever.  :wub:

Gosh - this is sooo funny!! :) What a lovely experience for you - imagine to be able to do such a concrete thing for MIKA - on his request!! :) I think you'll never, ever forget this special night - sooo happy to hear about this...:)

Love,love

me

• Like 3

That's great!

• Like 1

Gosh - this is sooo funny!! :) What a lovely experience for you - imagine to be able to do such a concrete thing for MIKA - on his request!! :) I think you'll never, ever forget this special night - sooo happy to hear about this... :)

Love,love

me

That's great!

Thank you!   :flowers2: