2012 - Festival Fnac Live - Paris - 18 July - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

dcdeb

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/35337720150719202025.jpg

Was anyone at the free FNAC Festival in Paris 18th July?

Please share!

==========
REPORTS
==========

Emlyne's report

Daeni's report

==========
PICS
==========

Sephira's pics

Emlyne's pics

Daeni28's pics

==========
VIDEOS
==========

Emelyne's report from the pre-gig thread:

To start, thanks for fans who have made me propositions about trains/metro.... I have been hosted by one fan who lives near to my home.  :wink2:

You have summed that part with this popular rapper. At the end, he has jumped on the crowd, and I received all his weight on my face, and his fans who wanted to "touch" him, gave me shots on my vertebral column. I stopped breathing for a moment... It was very dangerous. Some Mikafans went to the emergency...

Before the Mika's show,a "beautiful" rain comes, but like warriors, we stay to see him  :naughty:.

He was awesome, and no suit, we were so happy ! It was a great show despite the bad night.

My summary of daeni's report:

I just received a detailled first hand report by daeni via dm, she didn't want to post it here because it's easier for her to write in german. Anyway, she said the band before mika wanted the crowd (who were already crammed together anyway) to build a path in the middle, and kept insisting to make this happen. Then those in the back of the crowd saw it as their chance to move forward, and at once the whole crowd started pushing forward, which resulted in the barriers moving forward and almost collapsing - at the last moment, security could prevent this. But the pushing continued until that band before mika had left, and security had to pull out lots of people from the crowd, who were hurt or unconscious. What a nightmare! I'm glad i wasn't there. Guess mika knew nothing of it, as it was all over when he came on stage.

And i found this article, i think they say some things about what happened during the rapper's performance, but my french isn't good enough to understand the details :dunno:http://m.leparisien.fr/musique/concerts/paris-nekfeu-electrise-le-fnac-live-festival-18-07-2015-4954979.php

Sadly I was not there live but I did watch the live stream and I was impressed by how many people were there, at a late hour, in the rain, to see Mika! Now I'm even more impressed knowing what happened right beforehand. I wish a speedy recovery for our MFC-ers who got hurt.

The online concert is on mikawebsite.com :wink2:

The newspaper seems to imply that spectators who didn't feel well because of the heat mostly; and they say that security put back the bareers and that Neckfeu stopped singing because he saw a child faint :bleh:

If you want , I'll translate the whole thing later, but it seems the journalists didn't take into account that several people had to go to hospital :doh:

The online concert is on mikawebsite.com :wink2:

The newspaper seems to imply that spectators who didn't feel well because of the heat mostly; and they say that security put back the bareers and that Neckfeu stopped singing because he saw a child faint :bleh:

If you want , I'll translate the whole thing later, but it seems the journalists didn't take into account that several people had to go to hospital :doh:

Maybe they should be made aware of what actually happened!

• Like 1

:thumb_yello:  Thank you sooo much Daeni28, for all your great pics!!  :hug: They "speak a lot"  :wub: Btw, so good to see MIKA out of these blue suits - and into more suitable gig clothes... :teehee:

Love,love

me

Here is a fabulous review of the show in French in CultureBox

http://culturebox.francetvinfo.fr/musique/pop/mika-irresistible-en-cloture-du-fnac-live-a-revoir-en-video-224451

So nice to read such great review! Wish I could have been there!

Le chanteur britannico-libanais a réussi à conjurer le mauvais temps samedi soir, en clôture du festival Fnac Live, avec un show épatant. La foule qui avait bravé la pluie pour venir l'applaudir a été comblée. Qu'on aime ou pas la musique de Mika, on ne peut que s'incliner devant tant de malice, de drôlerie et d'énergie. Un concert irrésistible d'une heure à revoir sur Culturebox.

"Bonsoir Paris. Vous êtes un peu mouillés ?"Après une soirée survoltée menée à train d'enfer avec Izia, Nekfeu et The Avener, une violente averse accompagnée de bourrasques s'invite au Fnac Live samedi soir. Pas le moindre abri : les milliers de spectateurs sont désespérément trempés. Vont-ils déclarer forfait et déserter la place de l'Hôtel de Ville ? Aucune chance : en clôture c'est Mika qui régale et ses fans l'attendent de pied ferme, même dégoulinants. Ils ne vont pas être décus : Mika est un soleil à même de conjurer le déluge et de les réchauffer.

"Bonsoir Paris. Vous êtes un peu mouillés ?" s'enquiert le juré de "The Voice" à son arrivée sur scène. "Ouuui !", lui répond le public. "Un peu fatigués ?" "Nooooon" rugit la foule. "Je sais que le Dieu a décidé de faire pluir sur Paris" : éclat de rire hystérique général. "Et donc j'ai changé la setlist pour s'amuser un peu plus", annonce-t-il, en T-shirt noir à gros pois argentés, jean's noir et baskets.

Mika au festival Fnac Live 2015 Un show euphorique mené tambour battantIl attaque seul au piano avec "Lollipop", le titre régressif de son album "Life In Cartoon Motion", en vocalisant de façon désopilante. Puis il se lève soudain comme un diable hors de sa boîte alors qu'un gros pied de batterie démarre, révélant le groupe qui l'accompagne, dont un clarinettiste. 

Durant une heure, Mika, régulièrement ovationné, va mener un show euphorique tambour battant, à la façon d'un Freddie Mercury mâtiné de Gonzales et d'Elton John. Il saute, danse, virevolte, "prend les pauses de Grace Kelly", retourne au piano, interpelle le public - "Il pleut toujours ? Ca fait chier!" - et ne laisse pas l'ennui gagner une seule seconde. Surtout, il ne se prend visiblement pas au sérieux.

Il faut attendre le troisième titre pour entendre une chanson de son nouvel album sorti en juin "No Place in Heaven", en l'occurence "Talk About You". Il jouera aussi le coquin "Boum Boum Boum" et le mélancolique "Last Party". Mais il retourne régulièrement en arrière avec "Big Girl" (You Are Beautiful)" qu'il dédie aux filles et femmes de sa famille, "Relax,Take it Easy" ou "Elle me dit danse".

Ses facéties de gamin cabotin et son accent touchant font merveille. "Je suis là pour vous informer qu'il pleut trop et peut-être vous voulez qu'on arrête ?". Non ? "Alors je veux que vous chantez comme si vous êtes le dernier sur la planète. Je veux qu'on vous entend à l'Elysée. Je veux qu'on vous entend à Montmartre. Putain, je veux qu'on vous entend à Nantes!". Et tous les poumons d'entonner un "Underwater" de circonstance.  

"Mesdames et messieurs de l'hôtel de Ville de Paris, je vous annonce que dans quelques semaines je vais avoir 32 ans", dit-il sur un ton solennel. "C'est avec énormément de tristesse que j'ai décidé de grandir avec de l'élégance et comme je n'étais pas toujours le meilleur danseur j'ai décidé que je ne danserais plus, et vous non plus, à partir de ce soir ce sera des concerts statiques." Un serment bien sûr rompu quelques minutes plus tard, avec un "Love Today" final absolument trépidant. 

mikafnacliveok.jpg?itok=JCpRONvO

Mika vocalise avec humour au Fnac Live 2015.

© François Guillot / AFP

La Setlist :

Lollipop

Grace Kelly

Talk About You

Boum Boum Boum

Underwater

Relax, Take it Easy

Elle me dit

Last Party

Love Today

• Like 2