2015 - Colours of Ostrava Festival, Czech Republic, 19 July - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mellody

Here are some of my pictures. :facepalm:

In the first one you can see the cameraman who blocked my view. :sneaky2: Poor guy doesn't know how I hate him. :mf_rosetinted: 

11053099_843606339022147_769670923039943

This one is the photo of the screen but it's :wub: so I had to post it.

11703126_843606335688814_856804362788132

11722179_843606535688794_132875292575810

10986453_843607402355374_722668317620640

1488661_843607472355367_8624744002294071

11705702_843607485688699_491691450492179

1549215_843606262355488_2282235697856705

• Like 2

Thanks for the review, Nena  :wub:  I thought the audience was actually very good compared to festival audiences in general. Maybe not as good as at Sziget but still good. Festival audiences can be so challenging, so many people come there for other reasons than to see the main act or any act and it takes a lot of energy to get their attention even with a good performance. And his energy was fantastic indeed... I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him on stage, those jumps  :shocked: He gave the impression he was really prepared and I loved it. I didn't get the feeling he is doing just another festival, not at all and I was happy for local fans for that. Several tweets about being in a new country, speaking long sentences in their language, well thought setlist and then a huge energy and a lot of contact with the audience (commenting people, greeting them, taking presents they gave) on stage. My back was hurting so much but as soon as he started the pain was gone. It worked like magic!  :naughty: I wasn't even so close to him as he kept moving - running, jumping and ROLLING on the stage from the beginning to the end. I can see myself and Saskia fangurling in one of festival pics, lol! It's always too short of course and this was just a bit more than an hour. I had accidentally wrong settings in my camera and I couldn't focus it but I didn't want to use any moment of the gig to fix it. Loved watching the show, so glad I went even exhausted now when finally back home. 

The audience was great. They just didn't know all the songs and it's a good sign cause I think they recognized his energy and effort to give such a great performance. Don't forget letting the fans smear glitter on his face. :shocked::naughty: I couldn't see well what happened. It was on the screen briefly, and then he came on our side of the stage. His face was golden. :doh:

I have to tell you that I saw you during the concert. You were on the left side of the ramp, weren't you, standing with the taller blond girl? I couldn't see her face. I wanted to come and say hi after the concert, but when it was over I couldn't find you in a crowd. :( Then I gave up and went back to my husband. He had some problems with his leg and he went back to the stage where Electro Delux performed. The oldie needed some chairs.  :teehee:

Edited by nenartus
  • Like 1

Hi, I was in the front row on the left and I was such a beautiful experience for me, I cant write it as well as I want to:-) but first I was happy he was wearing Valentino suit because I absolutely love them. Then he was speaking Czech so good, it was such a good idea because he immediately got all the people on the festival on his side with it. The audience was screaming although he wasnt on the scene and when he came out and started to speak our language the people gone crazy instantly :)

When he sang the first three songs there were some cameras if front of me (one of them was very big), so I couldnt see him well, I couldnt sing with him (I didnt want to scream the cameraman to ear). I think it also disturbed his production because I saw like he wanted to bow to us but he couldnt due to the cameras. After a while somebody has called them back so there was no problem anymore.

In the beggining I felt his perfume too, and it was such a beautiful gentle (not typical male :teehee: ) fragance, exactly the same I love, buy and wear - dont you guys know what it could be? Tips? Please! :pray:

the fragance was like his songs - first impression fruity and sweet, but serious inside.

And what else he did excelent was that he stayed outside with us when it started raining. I just wondered he was laying in the water on the boards and didnt noticed that the rain was falling on me too :D superb Mika!

It was my first gig (hope no last one) and I was suprised how much energy he was giving to us although I could expect that. Who had never been and never seen singing him live cant imagine at all. I knew his live concerts only from youtube yet and now when I was directly there I have to write it was something else, he was so charming and and enchanting I cant describe it. So this is my experience :thumb_yello:

Edited by Eleenka
  • Like 5

First of all, thank you everyone for videos!!!!!! Well...I´m so excited…i want to share my feelings with you, so i wrote this long review…i´m not good with english, so…i apology for that. I dont now, if you will like it, i gave there a lot of my emotions, but i hope you will.
Well…i was sooo excited! I was there one and half hour before the gig! At first, they brought the piano for mika!! That was so amazing…i was totally crazy like „Mikas piano!!!! Its his piano! Look, they brought him a piano!!!“ :D :D, i know – one big crazy person!
J, then they started put together a sight „No place in heaven“…firt i was like „Loook, there is a IN!! Like no place in haeven!“ :D like i said – crazy!!!!! :D I took pictures and send it to some people!! The next there was Heaven…and, i must took picture of this also, of course :D :D, Sudennly i saw the siluet with a hat – only siluet and we go crazy!! Like „Oh my good, do you think its him????? Look!!!“ Than…after almost two hours waiting (i want to be in front of course!!!), at the stage came the man who introduce the artists – than some woman, and finally, the woman screamed „MIKA!!!“ and my heart almost stoppted!!! First i recognise the piano player, and then, MIKAAAAAAAAA!! I couldnt believe i finaly see him!!! My head wasnt able to wise it! He sit to the piano…and then, he started screeming „Good evening ostravo!!!“ and then…the most unbelievable thing for me heapend…he continue in czech language with so great czech pronunciation!!
Ahoj, Ostravo - Hi Ostravo!
Jsem tu poprvé! - Its my first time here.
Trvalo mi devět let dostat se k vám – It took me nine years to get to you!!
Je to můj první koncert v České Republice – Its my first concert in Czech Republic
Chcete tancovat? Do you wanna dance??
Budete zpívat? Will you sing??
And my favorite part!! – He said it with soo funny intonation!! Pojdme na to!! - Lets go (on it)!
I was so fuc.ing amazed!!
J i was like „WOW!! Is he fuc.ing kidding me? How he can be so perfect?“ i couldnt believe that he actually remember all these sentences!!! And than he can have so good pronunciation!! First i was like – ok, thats cool…and than, i still thinking – this must be the end – but, he just go one sentence after enother and i was breathless. Hearing him speaking czech – my mother lenguage – that give me such kind and warm feeling, i cant describe it. He is just unbelievable!
We take a bet – what song will be first? I thought Good guys or Last party – something from new album, but i fail… :D, after his perfect „Pojdme na to!“ he start singing Grace Kelly!! It was so amazing!
He was – just MIKA! So…totally awesome and incredible…
J, than – its starting raining a little bit – and, he went down on his knees and started to pray!!!
He was so funny – i hope i give there a video of it later – it was so beautiful.
Than, when its starting totaly raining! And…what mika did?? He didnt hide himself…he went oudside on rain and said „Well…its raining, so…we should probably stop!“…and everybody starts to sceaming „NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO“…and we was on the total rain…but we dont care at all, because we was on the MIKAS gig! Than…he stay on the rain and start singing!!
Later he did something incredible…he did a slide from wet tilted floor!!! :D :D it was so, so funny…i´m so sorry that i didnt have it on the video
L
Then...he sing We are golden! Everybody madly sang WE ARE GOLDEN! WE ARE GOLDEN!“…in the middle of the song…he stoped and look at us…and say the most fantastic thing. He said, that he is so sorry that it took him so long to get to us, and he said thanks - that we make him feel so welcome.
The whole concert was unbelievable! Just perfect! Mika used his usual vocabulary – fuc.ing! :D, and…than he said „Now, i want everybody dance like nobody watching!“ and…really, he started to sing and everybody started to dance!! It was amazing.
At the end, he walked away…and everybody started scream „MIKA! MIKA! MIKA!“ and…he came back, of course! I expect Happy ending…but he started doing „pampapapampapapampapapam“ and i knew it will be Love today!! Like every song, it was awesome. And then…comes the biggest and only disappointment…because…well, i miss there songs like boum boum boum, GOOD GUYS! (my favorite song!)…but, i was ok with if he dont sing these songs…but, the one song i was sure he will gonna sing was HAPPY ENDING! So famous and wonderful song…and, he left…for good. I was kind a sad…because, for this song i was waiting for whole gig
L. And…when i red the review, the lots of people miss this song, becouse its well known and so beautiful.
But…its really only tinny tinny thing! That night was the best night of my life, i mean it!
J, the energy from this concert…his crazy dance in rain! I dont get, how he can handle this…i was whole time on the one spot and i was totaly exhausted…he run, dancing and do all the incredible, awesome stuff!! How does he do that? :D :D
Well…for me, it was perfect! Best time in my life…life experience, and i never forget it!
I have been waiting for this since i was twelve…now i can die in peace!
J
On facebook he posted the picture from the show and wrote – „You guys were awesome in every way THANK YOU!“…but i must say – YOU are awesome in every way, and i mean in from the bottom of my heart! You give us the incredible feeling, you make us sing and dance like nobody watching us, its us who must to say – THANK YOU!
That night was the best time i ever had!!

• Like 9

:thumb_yello: Thank you SO much Nenartus - for your wonderful report, and fab. pics !! :hug: It was a pleasure to read about your experience - so happy you could enjoy MIKA again!!  :wub:

Love,love

me

• Like 1

First of all, thank you everyone for videos!!!!!! Well...I´m so excited…i want to share my feelings with you, so i wrote this long review…i´m not good with english, so…i apology for that. I dont now, if you will like it, i gave there a lot of my emotions, but i hope you will.

Well…i was sooo excited! I was there one and half hour before the gig! At first, they brought the piano for mika!! That was so amazing…i was totally crazy like „Mikas piano!!!! Its his piano! Look, they brought him a piano!!!“ :D :D, i know – one big crazy person! J, then they started put together a sight „No place in heaven“…firt i was like „Loook, there is a IN!! Like no place in haeven!“ :D like i said – crazy!!!!! :D I took pictures and send it to some people!! The next there was Heaven…and, i must took picture of this also, of course :D :D, Sudennly i saw the siluet with a hat – only siluet and we go crazy!! Like „Oh my good, do you think its him????? Look!!!“ Than…after almost two hours waiting (i want to be in front of course!!!), at the stage came the man who introduce the artists – than some woman, and finally, the woman screamed „MIKA!!!“ and my heart almost stoppted!!! First i recognise the piano player, and then, MIKAAAAAAAAA!! I couldnt believe i finaly see him!!! My head wasnt able to wise it! He sit to the piano…and then, he started screeming „Good evening ostravo!!!“ and then…the most unbelievable thing for me heapend…he continue in czech language with so great czech pronunciation!!

Je to můj první koncert v České Republice – Its my first concert in Czech Republic

And my favorite part!! – He said it with soo funny intonation!! Pojdme na to!! - Lets go (on it)!

I was so fuc.ing amazed!! J i was like „WOW!! Is he fuc.ing kidding me? How he can be so perfect?“ i couldnt believe that he actually remember all these sentences!!! And than he can have so good pronunciation!! First i was like – ok, thats cool…and than, i still thinking – this must be the end – but, he just go one sentence after enother and i was breathless. Hearing him speaking czech – my mother lenguage – that give me such kind and warm feeling, i cant describe it. He is just unbelievable!

We take a bet – what song will be first? I thought Good guys or Last party – something from new album, but i fail… :D, after his perfect „Pojdme na to!“ he start singing Grace Kelly!! It was so amazing!

He was – just MIKA! So…totally awesome and incredible… J, than – its starting raining a little bit – and, he went down on his knees and started to pray!!!

He was so funny – i hope i give there a video of it later – it was so beautiful.

Than, when its starting totaly raining! And…what mika did?? He didnt hide himself…he went oudside on rain and said „Well…its raining, so…we should probably stop!“…and everybody starts to sceaming „NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO“…and we was on the total rain…but we dont care at all, because we was on the MIKAS gig! Than…he stay on the rain and start singing!!

Later he did something incredible…he did a slide from wet tilted floor!!! :D :D it was so, so funny…i´m so sorry that i didnt have it on the video L

Then...he sing We are golden! Everybody madly sang WE ARE GOLDEN! WE ARE GOLDEN!“…in the middle of the song…he stoped and look at us…and say the most fantastic thing. He said, that he is so sorry that it took him so long to get to us, and he said thanks - that we make him feel so welcome.

The whole concert was unbelievable! Just perfect! Mika used his usual vocabulary – fuc.ing! :D, and…than he said „Now, i want everybody dance like nobody watching!“ and…really, he started to sing and everybody started to dance!! It was amazing.

At the end, he walked away…and everybody started scream „MIKA! MIKA! MIKA!“ and…he came back, of course! I expect Happy ending…but he started doing „pampapapampapapampapapam“ and i knew it will be Love today!! Like every song, it was awesome. And then…comes the biggest and only disappointment…because…well, i miss there songs like boum boum boum, GOOD GUYS! (my favorite song!)…but, i was ok with if he dont sing these songs…but, the one song i was sure he will gonna sing was HAPPY ENDING! So famous and wonderful song…and, he left…for good. I was kind a sad…because, for this song i was waiting for whole gig L. And…when i red the review, the lots of people miss this song, becouse its well known and so beautiful.

But…its really only tinny tinny thing! That night was the best night of my life, i mean it! J, the energy from this concert…his crazy dance in rain! I dont get, how he can handle this…i was whole time on the one spot and i was totaly exhausted…he run, dancing and do all the incredible, awesome stuff!! How does he do that? :D :D

Well…for me, it was perfect! Best time in my life…life experience, and i never forget it!

I have been waiting for this since i was twelve…now i can die in peace! J

On facebook he posted the picture from the show and wrote – „You guys were awesome in every way THANK YOU!“…but i must say – YOU are awesome in every way, and i mean in from the bottom of my heart! You give us the incredible feeling, you make us sing and dance like nobody watching us, its us who must to say – THANK YOU!

:thumb_yello: Thanks for funny and enthousiastic report!!  :naughty:  And NO - don't "die in peace"!  :teehee:  You'll surely experience more MIKA gigs - fulltime concerts - so keep yourself healthy and happy,  until next time golden MIKA is around... :wub:  

Love,love

me

Here are some of my pictures. :facepalm:

In the first one you can see the cameraman who blocked my view. :sneaky2: Poor guy doesn't know how I hate him. :mf_rosetinted:

11053099_843606339022147_769670923039943

This one is the photo of the screen but it's :wub: so I had to post it.

11703126_843606335688814_856804362788132

11722179_843606535688794_132875292575810

10986453_843607402355374_722668317620640

1488661_843607472355367_8624744002294071

11705702_843607485688699_491691450492179

1549215_843606262355488_2282235697856705

Thank you for the review and photos, they are good.  Did you take them with a smartphone or a camera?

• Like 1

Thank you for the review and photos, they are good.  Did you take them with a smartphone or a camera?

Thank you. It's a Nikon camera that disappointed me completely. :sneaky2: I have more photos all blurred and smudged. 

In the beggining I felt his perfume too, and it was such a beautiful gentle (not typical male :teehee: ) fragance, exactly the same I love, buy and wear - dont you guys know what it could be? Tips? Please! :pray:

the fragance was like his songs - first impression fruity and sweet, but serious inside.

I smelled something similar during his venue at Brooklyn! When he bowed I was standing in front of him so I smelled something fruity and coconuty! Thought it might be a delusion, but guess it's nooot! Someone tell me what it could be please?

Edited by yang

Well…i was sooo excited! I was there one and half hour before the gig! At first, they brought the piano for mika!! That was so amazing…i was totally crazy like „Mikas piano!!!! Its his piano! Look, they brought him a piano!!!“ :D :D, i know – one big crazy person! J, then they started put together a sight „No place in heaven“…firt i was like „Loook, there is a IN!! Like no place in haeven!“ :D like i said – crazy!!!!! :D I took pictures and send it to some people!! The next there was Heaven…and, i must took picture of this also, of course :D :D, Sudennly i saw the siluet with a hat – only siluet and we go crazy!! Like „Oh my good, do you think its him????? Look!!!“ Than…after almost two hours waiting (i want to be in front of course!!!), at the stage came the man who introduce the artists – than some woman, and finally, the woman screamed „MIKA!!!“ and my heart almost stoppted!!! First i recognise the piano player, and then, MIKAAAAAAAAA!! I couldnt believe i finaly see him!!! My head wasnt able to wise it! He sit to the piano…and then, he started screeming „Good evening ostravo!!!“ and then…the most unbelievable thing for me heapend…he continue in czech language with so great czech pronunciation!!

I was so fuc.ing amazed!! J i was like „WOW!! Is he fuc.ing kidding me? How he can be so perfect?“ i couldnt believe that he actually remember all these sentences!!! And than he can have so good pronunciation!! First i was like – ok, thats cool…and than, i still thinking – this must be the end – but, he just go one sentence after enother and i was breathless. Hearing him speaking czech – my mother lenguage – that give me such kind and warm feeling, i cant describe it. He is just unbelievable!

He was – just MIKA! So…totally awesome and incredible… J, than – its starting raining a little bit – and, he went down on his knees and started to pray!!!

Later he did something incredible…he did a slide from wet tilted floor!!! :D :D it was so, so funny…i´m so sorry that i didnt have it on the video L

At the end, he walked away…and everybody started scream „MIKA! MIKA! MIKA!“ and…he came back, of course! I expect Happy ending…but he started doing „pampapapampapapampapapam“ and i knew it will be Love today!! Like every song, it was awesome. And then…comes the biggest and only disappointment…because…well, i miss there songs like boum boum boum, GOOD GUYS! (my favorite song!)…but, i was ok with if he dont sing these songs…but, the one song i was sure he will gonna sing was HAPPY ENDING! So famous and wonderful song…and, he left…for good. I was kind a sad…because, for this song i was waiting for whole gig L. And…when i red the review, the lots of people miss this song, becouse its well known and so beautiful.

But…its really only tinny tinny thing! That night was the best night of my life, i mean it! J, the energy from this concert…his crazy dance in rain! I dont get, how he can handle this…i was whole time on the one spot and i was totaly exhausted…he run, dancing and do all the incredible, awesome stuff!! How does he do that? :D :D

I have been waiting for this since i was twelve…now i can die in peace! J

Thanks a lot for the report! I can definitely feel your energy( and MIKA's :D) through the sentences. It's such a pleasure to read it!

What a fantastic show it was - my 8th, and definitely one of the best I've ever been to, despite the fact that it was a festival and many people were there for other artists. I've written a (way too LONG) report, hope you enjoy it. It was an absolutely magical night!

One of my best friends from childhood and I decided very spontaneously to attend Colours of Ostrava and bought our tickets two weeks before the show. We arrived at the venue at around 1PM, hoping we'd still be able to get a good spot despite the thousands of people who were already there. To our surprise, we got middle front row view, which was amazing, and we spent our time chatting with security and a couple of Czech fans. It was one of the most relaxed and fun festivals I have ever been to. There were over 10 stages at COO, so instead of just staying in one place, fans were rotating and walking around from concert to concert, which enabled us to have a lot of space whilst waiting for Mika's gig. For once people were actually giving us space, weren't pushing or being rude, even when Mika came on stage. The three acts before him were all of quality, especially Rodrigo y Gabriella who were a duet of guitarists, setting the stage on fire. I have never, in my entire life, seen this level of expertise and passion whilst playing a musical instrument. It was absolutely breathtaking and spectacular and I am so happy I got to discover this gem of a group.

When Mika arrived at 22:45 (for once he was on time!) :shocked:  :naughty:  , he sat at the piano in his beautiful Valentino suit covered with little hearts and started speaking Czech! He said several sentences, immediately melting the hearts of all the local fans. I am always surprised by the effort he makes to pay tribute to every new country that he visits and show the people who came to support him that he cares and respects them. He started with Grace Kelly that immediately put the crowd in the right ambience and followed with Relax that made everybody scream and jump. There was a podium coming into the crowd which he was using constantly to get closer to the fans. Throughout the whole show he was holding hands with people, giving high fives and generally having an incredible interaction with everyone. Even though not many people knew the words to Talk About You, which came right after, they were still dancing and clapping along. To introduce Big Girl, he took a cane, which he said someone's given him backstage. He joked that even though he's soon turning 32, he is not that old yet. Using the cane, he pointed towards the sky and he addressed God, saying that he's found a solution to happiness and that is simply to make everyone a bit bigger. The crowd cheered loudly but he told them to be quiet, awaited an answer, but when nothing came he just said: 'oh well, whatever!' and started singing.

Elle Me Dit was the 'one song in French he could not resist to sing' and it was the Festival-defining song in so many ways. First of all, it started raining, but instead of hiding on the stage like any normal person with such an option would do, he chose instead to dance uncontrollably on the slippery podium, running around, turning in circles, even rolling on the wet floor! He 'stole' one fan's umbrella in order to stay on the podium and not get completely soaked, and then gave it to another fan, who was holding a little girl on her shoulders – it was a very heartwarming and nice gesture. He also started undressing, first from his jacket, then his tie, and never have I ever in my entire life been more glad that it was raining. :naughty:  It felt like an absolutely brilliant, beautiful and exciting summer night. It was perfect in every single way. He got so into the song, into the moment and into the sheer happiness of dancing in the rain that he decided to throw his Valentino tie to his fans. It flew right above my head and if I wasn't busy taking a picture, I would've caught it. :doh: A very nice Czech fan got it and I can only imagine how happy she must have been as it was the first time that she was attending a Mika show - what a brilliant souvenir to behold!  :wub: 

Underwater came next, very conveniently, as it was still raining, but stopped soon enough. This song always gets me in tears and I was crying all throughout Billy Brown as well, from the aftermath of it. It has got to be my favourite song performed live. It has so much power and he puts his whole heart into it. When he told the technicians to turn all the lights off and to sign as if we were all alone in our room in our underwear, as if no one could hear us, and 20'000 people sang all together, it was earth shattering. Such unity despite all our differences, language barriers, opinions, prejudice... It's one of the reasons why I love Mika so much. He makes us all One, he makes us all happy, he makes us all eternally present. In a way, his concerts are the essence of life because they teach us the most important lessons. And he does it in this utterly perfect, innocent and adorable way that melts all of our hearts.

Last Party was a very important song for my friend and I as we are both huge fans of Freddie and we held our intertwined hands up high and sang at the top of our lungs throughout the whole song. It is also a very powerful one as it celebrates life in the face of death, in the face of our own finiteness. It teaches you to be glad for what you had, while you had it, because eventually it all ends and becomes meaningless so you might as well enjoy yourself while you're here. We Are Golden came next, and as usual, I was jumping up and down and singing at Mika, who let his face be painted in gold glitter by one of the fans. He truly did look like a teenager in his own bubble. I feel so alive every time I get the chance to hear that song live – there is nothing quite like having your whole adolescence condensed into 5 minutes of pure, ecstatic joy which reminds you of all the battles won and the long way that you came to be where you are today.

The Origin of Love got Mika grinding on the floor – he was literally laying down the wet podium and thrusting his hips towards the sky whilst he was singing 'I need to medicate myself' which was quite funny to watch :teehee: .  Lollipop was absolutely fabulous – the big balloons were released and the crowd got insanely excited. It was supposed to be the last song but Mika came back for the encore because of how loudly the public was cheering. He got changed backstage and was wearing a black t-shirt with shiny silver dots all over it, and a black, glittery jacket. He joked that with this outfit, even people at the very back of the crowd could see him without the big screens. Love Today was the finale and rainbow-like confetti popped from both sides of the stage. Mika was wilder than ever, he even played drums with Joy, just like he used to do with Cherisse during his previous tours. The whole band came to the front of the podium to bow down and Mika was smiling like a child and was truly amazed. He said that Ostrava 'can ####ing sing' and he thanked the crowd again in Czech. In the 5 years that I have been attending his shows, it was definitely one of the best, especially because of how supportive the audience was and the energy that he put into every single song! :wub: 

• Like 9

What a fantastic show it was - my 8th, and definitely one of the best I've ever been to, despite the fact that it was a festival and many people were there for other artists. I've written a (way too LONG) report, hope you enjoy it. It was an absolutely magical night!

One of my best friends from childhood and I decided very spontaneously to attend Colours of Ostrava and bought our tickets two weeks before the show. We arrived at the venue at around 1PM, hoping we'd still be able to get a good spot despite the thousands of people who were already there. To our surprise, we got middle front row view, which was amazing, and we spent our time chatting with security and a couple of Czech fans. It was one of the most relaxed and fun festivals I have ever been to. There were over 10 stages at COO, so instead of just staying in one place, fans were rotating and walking around from concert to concert, which enabled us to have a lot of space whilst waiting for Mika's gig. For once people were actually giving us space, weren't pushing or being rude, even when Mika came on stage. The three acts before him were all of quality, especially Rodrigo y Gabriella who were a duet of guitarists, setting the stage on fire. I have never, in my entire life, seen this level of expertise and passion whilst playing a musical instrument. It was absolutely breathtaking and spectacular and I am so happy I got to discover this gem of a group.

When Mika arrived at 22:45 (for once he was on time!) :shocked: :naughty: , he sat at the piano in his beautiful Valentino suit covered with little hearts and started speaking Czech! He said several sentences, immediately melting the hearts of all the local fans. I am always surprised by the effort he makes to pay tribute to every new country that he visits and show the people who came to support him that he cares and respects them. He started with Grace Kelly that immediately put the crowd in the right ambience and followed with Relax that made everybody scream and jump. There was a podium coming into the crowd which he was using constantly to get closer to the fans. Throughout the whole show he was holding hands with people, giving high fives and generally having an incredible interaction with everyone. Even though not many people knew the words to Talk About You, which came right after, they were still dancing and clapping along. To introduce Big Girl, he took a cane, which he said someone's given him backstage. He joked that even though he's soon turning 32, he is not that old yet. Using the cane, he pointed towards the sky and he addressed God, saying that he's found a solution to happiness and that is simply to make everyone a bit bigger. The crowd cheered loudly but he told them to be quiet, awaited an answer, but when nothing came he just said: 'oh well, whatever!' and started singing.

Elle Me Dit was the 'one song in French he could not resist to sing' and it was the Festival-defining song in so many ways. First of all, it started raining, but instead of hiding on the stage like any normal person with such an option would do, he chose instead to dance uncontrollably on the slippery podium, running around, turning in circles, even rolling on the wet floor! He 'stole' one fan's umbrella in order to stay on the podium and not get completely soaked, and then gave it to another fan, who was holding a little girl on her shoulders – it was a very heartwarming and nice gesture. He also started undressing, first from his jacket, then his tie, and never have I ever in my entire life been more glad that it was raining. :naughty: It felt like an absolutely brilliant, beautiful and exciting summer night. It was perfect in every single way. He got so into the song, into the moment and into the sheer happiness of dancing in the rain that he decided to throw his Valentino tie to his fans. It flew right above my head and if I wasn't busy taking a picture, I would've caught it. :doh:A very nice Czech fan got it and I can only imagine how happy she must have been as it was the first time that she was attending a Mika show - what a brilliant souvenir to behold! :wub:

Underwater came next, very conveniently, as it was still raining, but stopped soon enough. This song always gets me in tears and I was crying all throughout Billy Brown as well, from the aftermath of it. It has got to be my favourite song performed live. It has so much power and he puts his whole heart into it. When he told the technicians to turn all the lights off and to sign as if we were all alone in our room in our underwear, as if no one could hear us, and 20'000 people sang all together, it was earth shattering. Such unity despite all our differences, language barriers, opinions, prejudice... It's one of the reasons why I love Mika so much. He makes us all One, he makes us all happy, he makes us all eternally present. In a way, his concerts are the essence of life because they teach us the most important lessons. And he does it in this utterly perfect, innocent and adorable way that melts all of our hearts.

Last Party was a very important song for my friend and I as we are both huge fans of Freddie and we held our intertwined hands up high and sang at the top of our lungs throughout the whole song. It is also a very powerful one as it celebrates life in the face of death, in the face of our own finiteness. It teaches you to be glad for what you had, while you had it, because eventually it all ends and becomes meaningless so you might as well enjoy yourself while you're here. We Are Golden came next, and as usual, I was jumping up and down and singing at Mika, who let his face be painted in gold glitter by one of the fans. He truly did look like a teenager in his own bubble. I feel so alive every time I get the chance to hear that song live – there is nothing quite like having your whole adolescence condensed into 5 minutes of pure, ecstatic joy which reminds you of all the battles won and the long way that you came to be where you are today.

The Origin of Love got Mika grinding on the floor – he was literally laying down the wet podium and thrusting his hips towards the sky whilst he was singing 'I need to medicate myself' which was quite funny to watch :teehee:. Lollipop was absolutely fabulous – the big balloons were released and the crowd got insanely excited. It was supposed to be the last song but Mika came back for the encore because of how loudly the public was cheering. He got changed backstage and was wearing a black t-shirt with shiny silver dots all over it, and a black, glittery jacket. He joked that with this outfit, even people at the very back of the crowd could see him without the big screens. Love Today was the finale and rainbow-like confetti popped from both sides of the stage. Mika was wilder than ever, he even played drums with Joy, just like he used to do with Cherisse during his previous tours. The whole band came to the front of the podium to bow down and Mika was smiling like a child and was truly amazed. He said that Ostrava 'can ####ing sing' and he thanked the crowd again in Czech. In the 5 years that I have been attending his shows, it was definitely one of the best, especially because of how supportive the audience was and the energy that he put into every single song! :wub:

Amazing report. Thank you so much for sharing. Hearing the reactions to this festival has really touched me for some reason.

• Like 2