2015 - Colours of Ostrava Festival, Czech Republic, 19 July - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mellody

Me too!

It's always heartwarming to hear people enjoying so much an artist I love so much :D

Exactly!! :yes:  I can't exit this topic :naughty: . reviews are so lovely and heartwarming

• Like 3

:) Thank you sooo much Elaire14 - for your detailed and well written report!!  :hug: To read it, gave me a feeling of being in the middle of this special MIKA festival gig - what an experience you all got ... :wub:

Love,love

me 

• Like 1

Amazing report. Thank you so much for sharing. Hearing the reactions to this festival has really touched me for some reason.

I really love reading reviews this festival :wub:

Thanks for sharing amazing moments!

:) Thank you sooo much Elaire14 - for your detailed and well written report!!  :hug: To read it, gave me a feeling of being in the middle of this special MIKA festival gig - what an experience you all got ... :wub:

Love,love

me 

It was an absolutely brilliant experience and it is difficult to put it into words. I guess you can only fully feel it if you're there, but if the reviews help, it makes me ever more glad!  :hug:

What a fantastic show it was - my 8th, and definitely one of the best I've ever been to, despite the fact that it was a festival and many people were there for other artists. I've written a (way too LONG) report, hope you enjoy it. It was an absolutely magical night!

One of my best friends from childhood and I decided very spontaneously to attend Colours of Ostrava and bought our tickets two weeks before the show. We arrived at the venue at around 1PM, hoping we'd still be able to get a good spot despite the thousands of people who were already there. To our surprise, we got middle front row view, which was amazing, and we spent our time chatting with security and a couple of Czech fans. It was one of the most relaxed and fun festivals I have ever been to. There were over 10 stages at COO, so instead of just staying in one place, fans were rotating and walking around from concert to concert, which enabled us to have a lot of space whilst waiting for Mika's gig. For once people were actually giving us space, weren't pushing or being rude, even when Mika came on stage. The three acts before him were all of quality, especially Rodrigo y Gabriella who were a duet of guitarists, setting the stage on fire. I have never, in my entire life, seen this level of expertise and passion whilst playing a musical instrument. It was absolutely breathtaking and spectacular and I am so happy I got to discover this gem of a group.

When Mika arrived at 22:45 (for once he was on time!) :shocked:  :naughty:  , he sat at the piano in his beautiful Valentino suit covered with little hearts and started speaking Czech! He said several sentences, immediately melting the hearts of all the local fans. I am always surprised by the effort he makes to pay tribute to every new country that he visits and show the people who came to support him that he cares and respects them. He started with Grace Kelly that immediately put the crowd in the right ambience and followed with Relax that made everybody scream and jump. There was a podium coming into the crowd which he was using constantly to get closer to the fans. Throughout the whole show he was holding hands with people, giving high fives and generally having an incredible interaction with everyone. Even though not many people knew the words to Talk About You, which came right after, they were still dancing and clapping along. To introduce Big Girl, he took a cane, which he said someone's given him backstage. He joked that even though he's soon turning 32, he is not that old yet. Using the cane, he pointed towards the sky and he addressed God, saying that he's found a solution to happiness and that is simply to make everyone a bit bigger. The crowd cheered loudly but he told them to be quiet, awaited an answer, but when nothing came he just said: 'oh well, whatever!' and started singing.

Elle Me Dit was the 'one song in French he could not resist to sing' and it was the Festival-defining song in so many ways. First of all, it started raining, but instead of hiding on the stage like any normal person with such an option would do, he chose instead to dance uncontrollably on the slippery podium, running around, turning in circles, even rolling on the wet floor! He 'stole' one fan's umbrella in order to stay on the podium and not get completely soaked, and then gave it to another fan, who was holding a little girl on her shoulders – it was a very heartwarming and nice gesture. He also started undressing, first from his jacket, then his tie, and never have I ever in my entire life been more glad that it was raining. :naughty:  It felt like an absolutely brilliant, beautiful and exciting summer night. It was perfect in every single way. He got so into the song, into the moment and into the sheer happiness of dancing in the rain that he decided to throw his Valentino tie to his fans. It flew right above my head and if I wasn't busy taking a picture, I would've caught it. :doh: A very nice Czech fan got it and I can only imagine how happy she must have been as it was the first time that she was attending a Mika show - what a brilliant souvenir to behold!  :wub: 

Underwater came next, very conveniently, as it was still raining, but stopped soon enough. This song always gets me in tears and I was crying all throughout Billy Brown as well, from the aftermath of it. It has got to be my favourite song performed live. It has so much power and he puts his whole heart into it. When he told the technicians to turn all the lights off and to sign as if we were all alone in our room in our underwear, as if no one could hear us, and 20'000 people sang all together, it was earth shattering. Such unity despite all our differences, language barriers, opinions, prejudice... It's one of the reasons why I love Mika so much. He makes us all One, he makes us all happy, he makes us all eternally present. In a way, his concerts are the essence of life because they teach us the most important lessons. And he does it in this utterly perfect, innocent and adorable way that melts all of our hearts.

Last Party was a very important song for my friend and I as we are both huge fans of Freddie and we held our intertwined hands up high and sang at the top of our lungs throughout the whole song. It is also a very powerful one as it celebrates life in the face of death, in the face of our own finiteness. It teaches you to be glad for what you had, while you had it, because eventually it all ends and becomes meaningless so you might as well enjoy yourself while you're here. We Are Golden came next, and as usual, I was jumping up and down and singing at Mika, who let his face be painted in gold glitter by one of the fans. He truly did look like a teenager in his own bubble. I feel so alive every time I get the chance to hear that song live – there is nothing quite like having your whole adolescence condensed into 5 minutes of pure, ecstatic joy which reminds you of all the battles won and the long way that you came to be where you are today.

The Origin of Love got Mika grinding on the floor – he was literally laying down the wet podium and thrusting his hips towards the sky whilst he was singing 'I need to medicate myself' which was quite funny to watch :teehee: .  Lollipop was absolutely fabulous – the big balloons were released and the crowd got insanely excited. It was supposed to be the last song but Mika came back for the encore because of how loudly the public was cheering. He got changed backstage and was wearing a black t-shirt with shiny silver dots all over it, and a black, glittery jacket. He joked that with this outfit, even people at the very back of the crowd could see him without the big screens. Love Today was the finale and rainbow-like confetti popped from both sides of the stage. Mika was wilder than ever, he even played drums with Joy, just like he used to do with Cherisse during his previous tours. The whole band came to the front of the podium to bow down and Mika was smiling like a child and was truly amazed. He said that Ostrava 'can ####ing sing' and he thanked the crowd again in Czech. In the 5 years that I have been attending his shows, it was definitely one of the best, especially because of how supportive the audience was and the energy that he put into every single song! :wub: 

:yeah:

Thank you for this absolutely wonderful report, Elaire14! :thumb_yello:

That was me, "the fan with umbrella" :teehee: My poor English doesn't let me write my proper report, but after I read yours, I realized that this is not necessary. I fully share your feelings on this amazing concert  :yes: It was my 12th, and really one of the best. Thanks again! :hug:

• Like 1

Loving all the reports and stuff.

What an amazing person we've become fans of. Speaking Czech! Is there any language on Earth that Mika can't speak some sentences of?

He's one incredible human being!

I'm sure he's made new fans as well. 

• Like 1

Loving all the reports and stuff.

What an amazing person we've become fans of. Speaking Czech! Is there any language on Earth that Mika can't speak some sentences of?

He's one incredible human being!

I'm sure he's made new fans as well. 

:thumb_yello: Indeed - MIKA really is an incredible human being - charming people everywhere!! :wub:  When it comes to his skill,  about speaking diff. languages quite well, without knowing it at all, I remember totally clear, word by word, what he said in Norwegian, which isn't an easy language, when he first visited us, 07.11.07. Here's his app. one minute long speach, about his record company! :mf_rosetinted:   "For ett år siden sendte jeg en demo til mitt plateselskap. De ringte til meg,  og sa at jeg aldri kunne gi ut denne sangen i USA.  Jeg sa: Vi får se! Ett år senere, og vi er i Oslo - og her er historien om min venn Billy Brown".   Which means: " One year ago I sent a demo to my record company.  They phoned me, and said I could never release this song in the USA.  I said: We'll see!  One year later, and we're in Oslo - and here's the story about my friend Billy Brown"   :naughty:  I still think it's both funny and fantastic! :teehee:   I think MIKA had it written down on a peace of paper, but anyway, people went crazy,  and he just owed the stage, and gave us a fab. performance ... :fisch:  Just ask Kath, she was there too, I found out by a newpaper pic, some years later... :yes:  :wub: 

Love,love

me     

First I had to fall from seventh heaven before I was able to write something, :teehee:  :naughty: This was my third Mikas´s concert (after Vienna and Sziget) and I was a little bit worried from gig in Czech republic, ´cause, ehm... Our country is the only one (I think), where they had to cancel his show, five years ago... It's a big shame and the and the truth is that Mika is not very famous (and popular) here. But all my fears disappeared when he came on stage. He prepared so many czech sentences  :shocked: and from that moment was everyone eating from his hand...  :naughty:  :mf_rosetinted: And how he said "Pojďme na to"...  it was sooo cute. :cheer:

And later when he took my gingerbread heart during Origin of Love...  :wub: He danced with it, he tasted it.... and I almost fainted...  :naughty: I´ll never forget that moment when he took it and read my message on it.  :wub:

I have seen really a lot of Mika´s shows, but this one in Ostrava was even better than some gigs in South Korea  :fisch: (and that means something  :yes:  :D), so THANK YOU, COLOURS... It was a night to remember.  :)

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

First I had to fall from seventh heaven before I was able to write something, :teehee:  :naughty: This was my third Mikas´s concert (after Vienna and Sziget) and I was a little bit worried from gig in Czech republic, ´cause, ehm... Our country is the only one (I think), where they had to cancel his show, five years ago... It's a big shame and the and the truth is that Mika is not very famous (and popular) here. But all my fears disappeared when he came on stage. He prepared so many czech sentences  :shocked: and from that moment was everyone eating from his hand...  :naughty:  :mf_rosetinted: And how he said "Pojďme na to"...  it was sooo cute. :cheer:

And later when he took my gingerbread heart during Origin of Love...  :wub: He danced with it, he tasted it.... and I almost fainted...  :naughty: I´ll never forget that moment when he took it and read my message on it.  :wub:

I have seen really a lot of Mika´s shows, but this one in Ostrava was even better than some gigs in South Korea  :fisch: (and that means something  :yes:   :D), so THANK YOU, COLOURS... It was a night to remember.  :)

Na takýto zážitok sa nikdy nezabúda (...a konečne som sa tu zaregistrovala) ..hm, hm.. som s tebou v tom červenom obdĺžniku :D

• 8 months later...
Guest Sofia Sofia

What a fantastic show it was - my 8th, and definitely one of the best I've ever been to, despite the fact that it was a festival and many people were there for other artists. I've written a (way too LONG) report, hope you enjoy it. It was an absolutely magical night!

One of my best friends from childhood and I decided very spontaneously to attend Colours of Ostrava and bought our tickets two weeks before the show. We arrived at the venue at around 1PM, hoping we'd still be able to get a good spot despite the thousands of people who were already there. To our surprise, we got middle front row view, which was amazing, and we spent our time chatting with security and a couple of Czech fans. It was one of the most relaxed and fun festivals I have ever been to. There were over 10 stages at COO, so instead of just staying in one place, fans were rotating and walking around from concert to concert, which enabled us to have a lot of space whilst waiting for Mika's gig. For once people were actually giving us space, weren't pushing or being rude, even when Mika came on stage. The three acts before him were all of quality, especially Rodrigo y Gabriella who were a duet of guitarists, setting the stage on fire. I have never, in my entire life, seen this level of expertise and passion whilst playing a musical instrument. It was absolutely breathtaking and spectacular and I am so happy I got to discover this gem of a group.

When Mika arrived at 22:45 (for once he was on time!) :shocked:  :naughty:  , he sat at the piano in his beautiful Valentino suit covered with little hearts and started speaking Czech! He said several sentences, immediately melting the hearts of all the local fans. I am always surprised by the effort he makes to pay tribute to every new country that he visits and show the people who came to support him that he cares and respects them. He started with Grace Kelly that immediately put the crowd in the right ambience and followed with Relax that made everybody scream and jump. There was a podium coming into the crowd which he was using constantly to get closer to the fans. Throughout the whole show he was holding hands with people, giving high fives and generally having an incredible interaction with everyone. Even though not many people knew the words to Talk About You, which came right after, they were still dancing and clapping along. To introduce Big Girl, he took a cane, which he said someone's given him backstage. He joked that even though he's soon turning 32, he is not that old yet. Using the cane, he pointed towards the sky and he addressed God, saying that he's found a solution to happiness and that is simply to make everyone a bit bigger. The crowd cheered loudly but he told them to be quiet, awaited an answer, but when nothing came he just said: 'oh well, whatever!' and started singing.

Elle Me Dit was the 'one song in French he could not resist to sing' and it was the Festival-defining song in so many ways. First of all, it started raining, but instead of hiding on the stage like any normal person with such an option would do, he chose instead to dance uncontrollably on the slippery podium, running around, turning in circles, even rolling on the wet floor! He 'stole' one fan's umbrella in order to stay on the podium and not get completely soaked, and then gave it to another fan, who was holding a little girl on her shoulders – it was a very heartwarming and nice gesture. He also started undressing, first from his jacket, then his tie, and never have I ever in my entire life been more glad that it was raining. :naughty:  It felt like an absolutely brilliant, beautiful and exciting summer night. It was perfect in every single way. He got so into the song, into the moment and into the sheer happiness of dancing in the rain that he decided to throw his Valentino tie to his fans. It flew right above my head and if I wasn't busy taking a picture, I would've caught it. :doh: A very nice Czech fan got it and I can only imagine how happy she must have been as it was the first time that she was attending a Mika show - what a brilliant souvenir to behold!  :wub: 

Underwater came next, very conveniently, as it was still raining, but stopped soon enough. This song always gets me in tears and I was crying all throughout Billy Brown as well, from the aftermath of it. It has got to be my favourite song performed live. It has so much power and he puts his whole heart into it. When he told the technicians to turn all the lights off and to sign as if we were all alone in our room in our underwear, as if no one could hear us, and 20'000 people sang all together, it was earth shattering. Such unity despite all our differences, language barriers, opinions, prejudice... It's one of the reasons why I love Mika so much. He makes us all One, he makes us all happy, he makes us all eternally present. In a way, his concerts are the essence of life because they teach us the most important lessons. And he does it in this utterly perfect, innocent and adorable way that melts all of our hearts.

Last Party was a very important song for my friend and I as we are both huge fans of Freddie and we held our intertwined hands up high and sang at the top of our lungs throughout the whole song. It is also a very powerful one as it celebrates life in the face of death, in the face of our own finiteness. It teaches you to be glad for what you had, while you had it, because eventually it all ends and becomes meaningless so you might as well enjoy yourself while you're here. We Are Golden came next, and as usual, I was jumping up and down and singing at Mika, who let his face be painted in gold glitter by one of the fans. He truly did look like a teenager in his own bubble. I feel so alive every time I get the chance to hear that song live – there is nothing quite like having your whole adolescence condensed into 5 minutes of pure, ecstatic joy which reminds you of all the battles won and the long way that you came to be where you are today.

The Origin of Love got Mika grinding on the floor – he was literally laying down the wet podium and thrusting his hips towards the sky whilst he was singing 'I need to medicate myself' which was quite funny to watch :teehee: .  Lollipop was absolutely fabulous – the big balloons were released and the crowd got insanely excited. It was supposed to be the last song but Mika came back for the encore because of how loudly the public was cheering. He got changed backstage and was wearing a black t-shirt with shiny silver dots all over it, and a black, glittery jacket. He joked that with this outfit, even people at the very back of the crowd could see him without the big screens. Love Today was the finale and rainbow-like confetti popped from both sides of the stage. Mika was wilder than ever, he even played drums with Joy, just like he used to do with Cherisse during his previous tours. The whole band came to the front of the podium to bow down and Mika was smiling like a child and was truly amazed. He said that Ostrava 'can ####ing sing' and he thanked the crowd again in Czech. In the 5 years that I have been attending his shows, it was definitely one of the best, especially because of how supportive the audience was and the energy that he put into every single song! :wub: 

I love this report!!  It's so detailed and full of emotion! I think about him exactly what you wrote,
it was amazing to read you :wink2: it seemed to be there  :yes:
Thank you so much!!

• silver changed the title to 2015 - Colours of Ostrava Festival, Czech Republic, 19 July - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS