2015 - Rochefort Summer Sound Festival, France - 6 Aug: REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

Rochefort !!! :france:

It's your turn to share your gig experience with us!   We are waiting !!!

========

REPORTS

========

#2  kath

#6 Sweetieval

#16  Sabine64

#20  Melyssa

#25   Alex_RV

#31  #32 crazyaboutmika

#34  valerie-emma

=======

PICS

=======

#15  Sephira   Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/83657666@N05/sets/72157654642368364 

#20  #21    Melyssa

#33 mine

=======

VIDEOS

=======

Ordinary Man #5  Melyssa

Rain #10 Melyssa

Elle Me Dit #20 Melyssa

Periscope 9 by france7885  and Ingrid

Boum BoumBoum / Good Guys / Ordinary Man #16 Sabine64

Good Guys / Blue Eyes / Elle Me Dit / Ordinary Man / Love Today / Big Girl / WAG / BBB / GK / HE #37 by K'mille AC

Intro BBB / Underwater / Staring at the Sun / Billy Brown / Talk About You / Relax #38 Ninie

======================================================

Audio file ( MP3 ) http://www.mikawebsite.com/audio-mika-en-concert-au-summer-sound-festival-2015-de-rochefort/ by Antoine

=======

MEDIA

=======

Sud Quest #11 #36

• Like 1

Very tired but just a quickie...

It was a really great gig. Mika was due on at 11 and didn't come on stage till probably about 1120 but it was worth the wait. He was on until 1am so it was a lovely long set. I am pretty useless at remembering set lists and haven't been following the other festival reports so don't know how it compares but what I can remember... Relax, TAY, ordinary man, staring at the sun good guys love today Billy brown, rain, happy ending, GK, underwater, blue eyes, big girl...can't remember others.

Not sure what happened afterwards, we went to the back where some people were waiting but we had suspicions that Mika might be staying at our hotel so we went back there. We saw all the band and crew come in, get towels go for a shower and leave but not Mika. So we don't know if the others saw him at the back.

But all in all it was a great night. Other than Montreal which was totally different, and Hyde Park which was very short this was my first 'ordinary' gig for two years. even though it was a festival it was a good long set and it was great to see Mika p!reforming out of a suit. :) it was like a good old fashioned Mika gig it was great.

It was lovely to see so many old friends too :)

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 7

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/summersoundfr/photos/pb.600178220082161.-2207520000.1438912639./676915192408463/?type=3&theater

On l'a rêvé, on l'a attendu, on l'a préparé, on est prêt : JOUR J !!!

11850489_676915192408463_938163702365450

https://www.facebook.com/summersoundfr/posts/676930485740267

Depuis tôt ce matin les plus courageux sont déjà là pour MIKA !!

11834723_676930422406940_402678455164442

11705587_676930415740274_246933458767113

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

Guess what (I was so not expecting this I think I forgot to breathe for a minute)

Mika @ Summersound 2015 - Ordinary Man :

More to come when I reach home, after 300 hours of train...

• Like 10

Hi MFCers,

Well, that was a great gig, indeed. Better than Lokerse Feesten in Belgium last week !

First time for me seeing a gig from that far but I would not have let hubby and kids behind, I had plenty of space to jump and move and that was good !

I am like Kath and cannot remember the setlist if I don't write it somewhere...

So I remember he began with Relax, quiet at the piano at the beginning. Then he stood up and started jumping and got the audience with him. Then he sang Talk about you and everybody was dancing around me.

I was so happy he sang so many new songs like Ordinary Man, Good Guys, Staring at the sun where he made people waving their arms in the air.

He caught the audience by sharing people in 2 groups and made them shout "Big girl you are beautifull".

Usual speech on Elle Me Dit where he said he did not want to dance any more and got everybody dancing and singing with him. This version is much better than the original one, IMO.

He said he had a song he can sing in each country and everybody understands in Paris, New York, Seoul, Tokyo, Dubaï : that was Boum Boum Boum

Well, and he sang many old ones like Blue Eyes, Billy Brown (at the end he said "he felt in love with ME" !!!), Rain, We are golden, Grace Kelly, Happy Ending and finally Love Today with confettis.

I personnally thought he was really happy to be there in such a beautifull place (he said it was beautifull several times) and he was really touched when people got to sing "Underwater" with him in the dark on stage.

I felt like he did not want to leave the stage.

I saw him smiling and waving two times to fans who were front rows.

From the place I was, it was nice to see some balloons and all the hands up, waving and jumping all together.

But, I feel very sorry for fans who got seated places, they were like 200 hundred meters behind the stage ! (And have paid 10 euros more !). At the end, I saw the seats are half empty, they probably came nearby the stage. I had suddenly a lot of ladies besides me and they were dancing and moving a lot !

Personnaly, I got an autograph from Olympe, the second one to sing. He came in the VIP space I was nearby and was really gentle.

His music was too loud, I had to put my earplugs not to become death.

The one after, Christophe Willem, has a really nice voice but his style is sometimes to slow for me. When he sang "Sunny" or other Stevie Wonder's song, I liked it very much. He is also really gentle.

And Mika, people around me were saying he was really good showman, which I totally agree with, of course.

My oldest daughter managed to go in front rows several times (she is 11) and asked me when she can come to see Mika again. Well, maybe in Paris 17th october...

Concerning the 2 other ones, they got to see Mika on the big screen because they were too tiny and they enjoyed as well, even if the little one (7) got to sleep on a towel for 15 minutes hihi

And for my husband which is a non Mika fan, I saw him clapping in his hands several times which is a good sign !

Weirdly, he thought Ordinary Man was a release of a song of Paul MCartney or the Beatles ? Listening to it in the car, he said it remembered him also a song of Robbie Williams, I can't see what he means ???

Well Thank you MIKA for this great great show. He also joked a few times about his musicians which can't understand a word he was saying in french, sacré MIKA !

And sorry not to have said hello, I could not stay after the gig, my little one was sleeping on the ground !

• Like 6

I just got home after a long drive and I'm too tired to write a proper report right now. Maybe tomorrow.

But the show was great ... I enjoyed every second of it. :wub:  

And it was also great to spend time with other MFCers.   :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

Periscope Videos

Corinne france7885  and Ingrid  shared LIVE Periscope, thanks a lot !

Relax Take It Easy, Talk About You

Staring At The Sun, Rain, Boum Boum Boum

Underwater, Elle Me Dit

Blue Eyes, Big Girl You Are Beautiful

Rain,Boum Boum Boum

Underwater

Grace Kelly, Ordinary Man, Happy Ending, We Are Golden

• Like 2

Hi MFCers,

Well, that was a great gig, indeed. Better than Lokerse Feesten in Belgium last week !

First time for me seeing a gig from that far but I would not have let hubby and kids behind, I had plenty of space to jump and move and that was good !

I am like Kath and cannot remember the setlist if I don't write it somewhere...

So I remember he began with Relax, quiet at the piano at the beginning. Then he stood up and started jumping and got the audience with him. Then he sang Talk about you and everybody was dancing around me.

I was so happy he sang so many new songs like Ordinary Man, Good Guys, Staring at the sun where he made people waving their arms in the air.

He caught the audience by sharing people in 2 groups and made them shout "Big girl you are beautifull".

Usual speech on Elle Me Dit where he said he did not want to dance any more and got everybody dancing and singing with him. This version is much better than the original one, IMO.

He said he had a song he can sing in each country and everybody understands in Paris, New York, Seoul, Tokyo, Dubaï : that was Boum Boum Boum

Well, and he sang many old ones like Blue Eyes, Billy Brown (at the end he said "he felt in love with ME" !!!), Rain, We are golden, Grace Kelly, Happy Ending and finally Love Today with confettis.

I personnally thought he was really happy to be there in such a beautifull place (he said it was beautifull several times) and he was really touched when people got to sing "Underwater" with him in the dark on stage.

I felt like he did not want to leave the stage.

I saw him smiling and waving two times to fans who were front rows.

From the place I was, it was nice to see some balloons and all the hands up, waving and jumping all together.

But, I feel very sorry for fans who got seated places, they were like 200 hundred meters behind the stage ! (And have paid 10 euros more !). At the end, I saw the seats are half empty, they probably came nearby the stage. I had suddenly a lot of ladies besides me and they were dancing and moving a lot !

Personnaly, I got an autograph from Olympe, the second one to sing. He came in the VIP space I was nearby and was really gentle.

His music was too loud, I had to put my earplugs not to become death.

The one after, Christophe Willem, has a really nice voice but his style is sometimes to slow for me. When he sang "Sunny" or other Stevie Wonder's song, I liked it very much. He is also really gentle.

And Mika, people around me were saying he was really good showman, which I totally agree with, of course.

My oldest daughter managed to go in front rows several times (she is 11) and asked me when she can come to see Mika again. Well, maybe in Paris 17th october...

Concerning the 2 other ones, they got to see Mika on the big screen because they were too tiny and they enjoyed as well, even if the little one (7) got to sleep on a towel for 15 minutes hihi

And for my husband which is a non Mika fan, I saw him clapping in his hands several times which is a good sign !

Weirdly, he thought Ordinary Man was a release of a song of Paul MCartney or the Beatles ? Listening to it in the car, he said it remembered him also a song of Robbie Williams, I can't see what he means ???

Well Thank you MIKA for this great great show. He also joked a few times about his musicians which can't understand a word he was saying in french, sacré MIKA !

And sorry not to have said hello, I could not stay after the gig, my little one was sleeping on the ground !

Thanks ever so much for your lovely report... Glad you had a good time... It was very late for children though wasn't it. It is always good to hear from a French speaker about what Mika said because unfortunately I can't understand any of it... And he spoke a lot this time didn't he.

• Like 1

Here my little report. On Wednesday I travelled by different trains for twelve hours to Rochefort and arrived tired and hungry. Graciosa and Mr G picked me up at the Station and then we walked to the Festival area to have a look how big the stage was and nearby was the Hotel Kath and Treasa were staying and we wanted to meet there. We met Annie with Bf, Treasa, Mr T, Nr 4 and kath and then went for some food. It really was a nice evening.

The day of the gig I really enjoyed to meet so many fans and I enjoyed the whole day. The entrance was nervewracking as always but we made it to the frontrow on the left side. The first band was very boring for me but I really really enjoyed Olympe and have already downloaded his both albums. I was astonished how many of his songs he sang on stage I already knew. The next one Cristophe Willem was good but not exactly my cup of tea. I don´t Need to tell you how great Mika was, I loved loved loved every second of his gig. It simply was perfect for me. After the Show Graciosa, her hubby and me did a little walk and then went to the backstage entrance where only were around 15 People because all the other thought Mika would stay in Treasa´s Hotel. It didn´t last Long and Mika´s car came out and drove away. To say the truth I was so tired it really didn´t bother me at that moment because I knew I would have to get up a few hours later to catch my trains home.

I want to thank all of you I met there. :flowers2:

I took three vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzT3FLqY0po

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f36UddS7tgM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al2GmdmFkic

• Like 6

Sorry we didn't get to see you at all after the gig Sabine. We didn't get to say goodbye.... But I know it won't be long until we meet again. It really was a great gig wasn't it!

• Like 1

:thumb_yello: THANK YOU -all  lovely MFCers - for sharing sooo  much fab. stuff,  from the last events you've been lucky enough to experience!!  :hug: Both Pop up Live - Rochefort - and Landerneau, with all its lovely pics and nice reports, are great reading and stuff to watch stuff! :)  I hope MIKA will relax now, and enjoy his Greece holiday... :wub: 

Love,love

me  

• Like 1

:thumb_yello: I really love this belt MIKA has been using lately!!  :wub:  It has the same colors and pattern as in our national costume, from my part of the country - amazing!!  :teehee:  Maybe it's made in Peru, which seems to have much of the same... :wink2:

Love,love

me

• Like 1

"Aren't we happy here in this beautiful place, you, me... and my friend Lafayette!"
MIKA

Post-gig blues here you go. Dunno why, next gig isn't that far but it still came without warning. Mika didn't help, first by being awesome ( :naughty: ) and second by repeating at least 5 times that there was only this gig and the Landerneau one and then it was over... And you could see he was quite annoyed about it, but also how much he wanted to enjoy the stage as long as he was still on it, and the happiness on his face when right after he remembered the tour was coming and he was so happy to tell us that he was preparing it and it was coming soon and it would be all new and he was waiting for it so eagerly. But still ten minutes later came again the "only two left"...  so how do you want me not to have a post gig blues now?! It's all his fault :aah: .

But oh it was quite a good gig! And such a good day in general. The city is so beautiful, and the place where the festival was standing is gorgeous. The weather was perfect, not too cold not too hot, a big tree to give shadows, a great atmosphere between fans, no dramas at the entrance, even if the way they had put the barriers was quite scary (you could see it was the very first day of the very first year for this festival though, they overreacted a bit about searches Xd) ,and we were lucky to have a good line up before mika - the first ones were a bit depressive but not there for long, the 2d one was a bit meh for me (thing is Olympe has a great voice but I was put out by him trying to make jokes but ending up being quite heavy. But as he sang only two or three of his songs (out of 3 albums..). and made only covers for the rest at least we could sing along). But most of all Christophe Willem... I found him great and so funny. I have to say a few of us were already quite happy during the afternoon to have the opportunity to see him live because we liked him already, and really I am glad to have seen him on stage. But then as Nina and other told me "now Mika has quite a tough act to follow! " . But we weren't really worried about it thought :P . (By the way Willem stayed to watch Mika and he really had fun. And then he tweeted about how much fun he had. I like him even more xd.
are the bits of his gigs that I filmed if anyone is interested ). 

And then comes 11h15pm and... Still no mika of course :biggrin2:  (but he didn't arrive that late tho). And as I was trying to put a balloon in my bag (long story) I heard people shout so I stood up and oh here he was, in his jeans with his black jacquet and his fantastic belt and oh God I could have kissed him just for the outfit. 

20150810.jpg

20150811.jpg

And then I immediately bet to myself the belt wouldn't even last a song and quite right I was :mfr_lol:  (I thought the jacket would survive a tiny bit longer tho but it went flying off 3 seconds later).

20150812.jpg

20150813.jpg

I loved this set list. I loved that I was surprised so many times. I loved having Relax back at the opening, with him starting slowly an beautifully with the piano, and feeling the crowd ready to explode, waiting for him to give the signal... And then him just giving us his mischievous smile which says "not yet..." and going back to the piano, conscientiously restraining us all seething with impatience... and then finally allowing us - and himself! - to let go...

I loved having Rain thrown in the middle of it, totally unexpected (I haven't really followed the last gigs' seltists, maybe it has come back for a few weeks already but for me it was quite unexpected )

20150814.jpg

20150815.jpg

I died when out of the blue he began Ordinary Man, only him and his piano, his voice resonating with such intensity in the religious silence of the place...  and then I died again when he did Happy Ending just after it (quite a killing combo. Funny I am always so surprised by happy ending why do I keep forgetting he's probably gonna do it :blink: ). 

20150816.jpg

20150817.jpg

And it was such a relief he did Good Guys as this one comes and go and we had a thing planned during it so It Was Requested but yes! the good guys came (and he seemed to have enjoyed his surprise very much, thank you Corinne for this. His face when he opened his eyes was the cutest thing :wub2: ). 

We expected to have staring at the sun in French so no big surprise on it (well actually I thought he would do the complete French version but he did just 2 or 3 lines (Or maybe there's only 2 or 3 lines for real, I haven't even listened to this version yet) . Turns out I can have this song live and have fun on it, and I'll always be good at waving my arms when he asks :aah: , but truly I still really don't like this song :/.

On the other hand, what I more-than-like is to take the ride to the origin of love :wub2:

20150818.jpg

20150819.jpg

I also still enjoy every much this version of Elle Me Dit in which he doesn't want to dance (by the way, it became his "in a few day I become old, I won't be able to dance anymore" song again. Adressing to the bleachers that were awfully far from the stage (it was quite scandalous how far they were by the way, all the artists reacted to that) " soon I'll go and join the old ones on the bleachers. I'll have a bier with you here, and a tea with them there"). 
It was especially hilarious at the beginning when he sat on the stairs and began to sing for the security guy ("qu'est ce que t'as t'as l'air coincé" :lol3: ). And the guy, conscientiously watching the crowd and giving us his best I'm Not A Funny Guy face, was completely oblivious of all of us having fun of him (sorry man xd). 
And then the rest of the song was a complete disaster (but a very funny disaster) as he was  unable to remember the lyrics and spent half the song giggling like a kid  :teehee:

20150821.jpg

And this moment when he refuses to dance and then gives us a very best of all his most ridiculous moves, gotta love him :fangurl:  ("what matters isn't to dance well anyway. It's do dance without shame!"). 

Later (or before, well somewhere in it xD) poor Curtis had quite a hard time when Mika asked him to be "less romantique, more church" and the poor guy couldn't understand what he wanted and ended up being said "he doesn't understand anything seriously! What a dumb ass!" . He finally managed to get it but like five minutes later as Mika was already on something else and so Mika just stopped in the middle of his sentence "oh no wait hear that! We finally got the church! Let's enjoy it for a while!"

An then far too soon as always We are golden and Love Today popped in, with those mixed feelings of "let's give everything and dance and enjoy like crazy, now is the time to release every last drop of energy" and "oh s**t already no no no!". A tiny problem with the confettis as a first ridiculously tiny wave was ejected far too early, followed by Mark having to go and hide himself under the stairs out of shame (he was laughing so much tho xd) and Mika looking at those three poor confettis flying in front of him like "what the heck have you done?!!" then the whole of confettis finally went out... All in Mika's face because of the wind!  :lol3:

During LT he also enjoyed the arrangement made for Christophe Willem (who came a lot to climb the first row barrier and had a little box to allow him to go in the audience) and so of course before the end Mika was on the box climbing the barrier too and thank God he didn't fall because it would have been right on me  :mfr_lol:

20150820.jpg

...and time comes to say goodbye. Definitely not my fave part ...

20150823.jpg

20150824.jpg

20150825.jpg

But then again, what a good day I had. Which is good, as it actually was my only day off of the whole summer, he had quite a weight on his shoulders to make it worth it  :P

more pics to follow, as I have reached my limit apparently *oops*

• Like 10

Sorry we didn't get to see you at all after the gig Sabine. We didn't get to say goodbye.... But I know it won't be long until we meet again. It really was a great gig wasn't it!

yes Kath it was really great! And I´d loved to say goodbye to you but as we were at the end of the area and you already at your hotel it wouldn´t have made sence to go back to your hotel. Will see you in London.

(part 2) Some other random pics

20150827.jpg

20150826.jpg

20150828.jpg

20150822.jpg

20150829.jpg

20150830.jpg

20150831.jpg

20150832.jpg

20150833.jpg

thank you so much for your Report, pics and vids. You totally described the feeling during the gig. :flowers2:

• Like 2

yes Kath it was really great! And I´d loved to say goodbye to you but as we were at the end of the area and you already at your hotel it wouldn´t have made sence to go back to your hotel. Will see you in London.

thank you so much for your Report, pics and vids. You totally described the feeling during the gig. :flowers2:

Indeed... It was a long walk back down the side of that building. Won't be long at all until London!
  • Like 1

Excellent venue for an unforgettable show! I attended the gig with a friend of mine who didn’t want to spend hours standing, so we arrived at 10p.m. and we got a spot really close to the scene. I couldn’t believe it. I think it’s the closest I will ever see Mika. I was even able to see his beautiful eyes when he came to the barrier.

This man is stunning. I knew it beforehand but I still feel so lucky to have seen him performing live for the second time. It’s addictive. I LOVE “The origin of love” live! It was nice to see the hearts, stars, suns and balloons that front-row fans were holding in their hands during the show. Could anyone tell me what was written in the banners that were shown to Mika while he sang “Good Guys”?

After the show I was walking my dog when I saw a group of people going towards the backstage door. I followed them and for a second I fantasised with the idea of meeting Mika and taking a picture of Mika and my dog together. Hon, too bad!

Looking forward to see a new show in Paris in September, inshallah!

• Like 4