Rochefort Summer Sound Festival : France - 6 Aug 2015 : REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

It was nice to see the hearts, stars, suns and balloons that front-row fans were holding in their hands during the show. Could anyone tell me what was written in the banners that were shown to Mika while he sang “Good Guys”?

It was posters of the people he is thanking in the song. They were pulled out one by one when he was saying the names - it was originaly planned for Paris Fnac Live but ended up here . It was a bit messy as we went into a "Emerson has disappeared" drama during the first part of the song but it turned out well in the end :mfr_lol:

There is a vid of it on youtube, his face makes me melt  :wub2:

@Silver thanks  :blush-anim-cl:

• Like 1

Periscope Videos

Corinne france7885  and Ingrid  shared LIVE Periscope, thanks a lot !

Relax Take It Easy, Talk About You

Staring At The Sun, Rain, Boum Boum Boum

Underwater, Elle Me Dit

Blue Eyes, Big Girl You Are Beautiful

Rain,Boum Boum Boum

Underwater

Grace Kelly, Ordinary Man, Happy Ending, We Are Golden

Thanks to them and thanks to you Eriko :huglove:

It was posters of the people he is thanking in the song. They were pulled out one by one when he was saying the names - it was originaly planned for Paris Fnac Live but ended up here . It was a bit messy as we went into a "Emerson has disappeared" drama during the first part of the song but it turned out well in the end :mfr_lol:

There is a vid of it on youtube, his face makes me melt  :wub2:

@Silver thanks  :blush-anim-cl:

Mika loved those :wub2:

Part one of my report (too many smileys as usual) 

Mika was wonderful :wub2:

I ended up almost front row even though I was late , Sabine and Graziosa were at the bareer and I was so happy we could finally meet :wub2: and I was a bit behind them with another French fan who took many many photos ! Her name on facebook is vebemika if you want to see her album :wink2: I got to hug Kath and Treasa while I was queing which was great :wub2:  Waiting for Mika was long, but so worth it :wub2: He was wearing one of his lovely white shirts and the glittery blaser he had at Paris FNAC concert and he was filled with energy and smiles :woot_jump: For some reason I was tired before he showed up, but he made me feel alive again :fangurl: I went crazy with all the songs I had not heard him sing live yet :swoon: Boum Boum Boum on stage is fantastic live :woot_jump: and all the new songs of No Place in Heaven made me so happy :wub2: And he seemed so happy , as he started the gig saying he would be on holidays soon with a huge smile :biggrin2: I had watched vids of this tour and I was hoping he would do the special intro to Big Girl which he did :biggrin2: , and that I was waving my two :chkn: during Big Girl , but I had to stop because some people couldn't see :teehee: I now officially love Staring at the Sun :wub2: he sang two lines in French , but I'm not sure which... the good guys posters was a very happy moment too :wub2: and of course I cried during Underwater because I always do :wub2:

(To be continued)

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 6

Part two of my report: 

I was singing all along the gig and there was another French fan right behind me and she was too, and at some point between two songs she screamed "Mika je t'aime" (Mika I love you) and he answered "Tu es sûre?" (Are you sure?) to which she replied yes,  and we were all laughing happily together :biggrin2: It was clear that everyone was there for Mika, because when it was his turn all the sudden there was almost no more room to move, because people moved up. There was a young fan by me with her mum, it was her first time seing Mika live and she couldn't help crying because she was so happy :wub2: For EMD he said he wouldn't dance any more after thirty two because he would be too old, and then he danced like crazy :mikadas: The confetti didn't go off for WAG and there was an encore song with the confetti ...then he was gone like a shooting star and even though I waited for him with another fan and my chicken , he was gone by another road that no one had noticed, so I keep my fingers crossed for September to meet him at Rennes hopefully...and hear more songs of the new album :wink2:  As I said in the goldings thread I couldn't find the other MFCers again after the gig, but even meeting them shortly made me very happy :wub2:

And I forgot to say that the French fan by me  gave us some cocottes cookies (and cocotte is another name for chicken :lmfao:  )

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 5

Thank you all for your reports, pics and vids, it will let us wonderfull memories of this great show! :thumb_yello:

No pics or vids to bring here to you (sorry), only my thougths and feelings about these day and night!

It was my second Mika's gig (after the one in Barcelona), and I was quite excited about it! The D day began rather badly for me though, as I woke up that morning with a bad headache!

Nevertheless, I had to make it, so after some more rest, I finally joigned the other fans, who were already waiting there, at the entrance (it was about noon I think). My sweet friend Nicou made sure everything was ok for me, let me know some other fans as well, and then the long waiting could begin...

I was looking around, listening, chatting a little too- and it surprinsingly felt good and right for me to be here, among all the others fans waiting for Mika! :)

A few hours later, when it was time to let us go in, Nicou and I could make it to the gate, first row, on the left side of the stage- I coul'd'nt believe it! And as I had often read in fan's reports before, I could feel the pressure inside me slowing down. (I don't know if you remember me Sabine, I was the one on your left side)

I already knew the 2 male performers before Mika, but they could'nt totally convince me, even if Christophe Willem spread a good energy into the crowd indeed!

I was so eager to see Mika  that when he was in front of the audiance, at last, I knew that all the waiting there before was totally worth it!

The wonderfull show he gave us that night proved me I had been right to make the trip to Rochefort (even if it implied leaving kids and husband at home for 3 days) :)

From the first song to the last one, time did'nt exist for me. I was living in an other world, singing, dancing, jumping...the world created by Mika , this world we are invited in, and I'm so grateful to him for that! :thumb_yello:

Each song was pure heaven for me, the new ones, the old ones, I loved them all! But my very special treats this night were 'Ordinary Man' - so moving (so thank you Mellyssa for the vid) :thumb_yello:, 'Good Guys' (it was so good to see the pleasure we could openly read on Mika's face when he saw all the gifts prepared for him by his fans, and to have been able to take part in it!), "Origin of Love" (one of my favorite song ever).....and finally all the others too! I enjoyed a lot singing on  "Staring at the Sun" ; the music of this song and Mika voice were blowing my mind away, really! 

And then, this blat of joy and energy with 'Love Today'! loves that! Want to know that again! :yes:

At the end of the show Nicou asked me how I felt, now that I have had my medication! :) And it's quite that! Mika's music, Mika on stage are the best medication in the world, for everyone of us! :thumb_yello:

Some peole around us had come to see Christophe Willem, others had come for Olympe, others were here for Mika but haven't seen him live yet. Before the end of the show eveybody was under his spell! It was so good to see people shining with hapiness, all around us! :)

After the show, we were among the few people waiting at backstage entrance. After a while, as Sabine said, a car came out without stopping. We did'nt get to see Mika this night (it seems it was not the right time). But we could see his mother, and it was ok for me.It was so good  to see him on stage once again!

Now back to real life, I'm already eager to go on with the next show! :)  It'll be in october for me, in Toulouse (south west of France).

I guess one could say I became addicted to him! :)

Edited by valerie-emma
  • Like 2

Quel beau compte rendu, Valérie, on ne peut pas faire mieux et plus juste ! 101.gif Et merci pour ta gentillesse, mais il n'est pas vraiment difficile d'être agréable avec quelqu'un comme toi !

Merci aussi à toutes pour les très belles photos et les vidéos ! 88.gif

Thank you all for your reports, pics and vids, it will let us wonderfull memories of this great show! :thumb_yello:

No pics or vids to bring here to you (sorry), only my thougths and feelings about these day and night!

It was my second Mika's gig (after the one in Barcelona), and I was quite excited about it! The D day began rather badly for me though, as I woke up that morning with a bad headache!

Nevertheless, I had to make it, so after some more rest, I finally joigned the other fans, who were already waiting there, at the entrance (it was about noon I think). My sweet friend Nicou made sure everything was ok for me, let me know some other fans as well, and then the long waiting could begin...

I was looking around, listening, chatting a little too- and it surprinsingly felt good and right for me to be here, among all the others fans waiting for Mika! :)

A few hours later, when it was time to let us go in, Nicou and I could make it to the gate, first row, on the left side of the stage- I coul'd'nt believe it! And as I had often read in fan's reports before, I could feel the pressure inside me slowing down. (I don't know if you remember me Sabine, I was the one on your left side)

I already knew the 2 male performers before Mika, but they could'nt totally convince me, even if Christophe Willem spread a good energy into the crowd indeed!

I was so eager to see Mika  that when he was in front of the audiance, at last, I knew that all the waiting there before was totally worth it!

The wonderfull show he gave us that night proved me I had been right to make the trip to Rochefort (even if it implied leaving kids and husband at home for 3 days) :)

From the first song to the last one, time did'nt exist for me. I was living in an other world, singing, dancing, jumping...the world Mika creates for us, and I'm so grateful to him for that! :thumb_yello:

Each song was pure heaven for me, the new ones, the old ones, I loved them all! But my very special treats this night were 'Ordinary Man' - so moving (so thank you Mellyssa for the vid) :thumb_yello:, 'Good Guys' (it was so good to see the pleasure we could openly read on Mika's face when he saw all the gifts prepared for him by his fan, and to have been able to take part in it!), "Origin of Love" (one of my favorite song ever).....and finally all the others too! I enjoyed a lot singing on  "Staring at the Sun" ; the music of this song and Mika voice were blowing my mind away, really! 

And then, this blat of joy and energy with 'Love Today'! loves that! Want to know that again! :yes:

At the end of the show Nicou asked me how I felt, now that I have had my medication! :) And it's quite that! Mika's music, Mika on stage are the best medication in the world, for everyone of us! :thumb_yello:

Some peole around us had come to see Christophe Willem, others had come for Olympe, others were here for Mika but haven't seen him live yet. Before the end of the show eveybody was under his spell! It was so good to see people shining with hapiness, all around us! :)

After the show, we were among the few people waiting at backstage entrance. After a while, as Sabine said, a car came out without stopping. We did'nt get to see Mika this night (it seems it was not the right time). But we could see his mother, and it was ok for me.It was so good  to see him on stage once again!

Now back to real life, I'm already eager to go on with the next show! :)  It'll be in october for me, in Toulouse (south west of France).

I guess one could say I became addicted to him! :)

of course I remember you :wink2: