See what was #1 on the day you were born

On my birthday #1 was: Love is all around - Wet Wet Wet!

I never heard this song..  :lol:

:) Because I'm an old music lover, in fact exactly the trippel of your age, I can tell you a bit about this song, topping the list, when you were born  :wink2: "Love is all around" was written by lead singer Reg Presley of the UK band The Troggs. In fact it was the first famous UK band I heard live in Oslo.  Among their hits as "I can't control myself" and "Wild thing" - which made the audience wild - "Love is all around" was a very lovely and great song, which I loved from the very start, and also enjoyed at the Club 7 gig  :wub:  The song was later covered by many, among others REM, but it was the version of Wet Wet Wet,  which brought the song to the top of the UK single chart, where it stayed for 15 weeks!  :thumb_yello:   The song was the titletrack for the great movie "Four weddings and a funeral" in 1994.  Maybe this info will make you a bit curious about the song :)  I will recommend that you listen to it, for ex. on Youtube ... :fisch:  

Btw, Spiritinthesky, who started this funny thread, your netname makes me think of another popular song from my youth: "Spirit in the sky" by Norman Greenbaum from 1969.  It's a song about sin, about having a friend in Jesus, and where to go after death.  The last verse goes like this: "Never been a sinner.  I never sinned.  So you know that when I die.  He's gonna set me up with the spirit in the sky.  That's where I gonna go when I die.  When I die and they lay me to rest I'm gonna go to the place that's the best.  Go to the place that's best"   :)  Do you know this song?  Maybe it was the inspiration for your name?  :wink2:   So MIKA isn't the first, and surely won't  be the last, to talk about these things in a song...  :)  :wub:  

And the music from my own birthyear I don't know - because it's ancient... :naughty:

Love,love

me

Believe it or not - very early this morning, at 6.10  my radiost. - the biggest NRK P1-  played SITS!  :shocked:  I haven't heard the song for ages, and was very surprised. I also noticed that I had missed something in the last verse, it's like: "Never been a sinner.  I never sinned.  I've got  a friend in Jesus. So you know that when I die...etc."  The reporter also said that Norman Greenbaum is now 72 y.o.

Sorry if I'm off topic, but I just had to tell it, and correct myself... :wink2:

Love,love

me