All She Wants Lyrics & Discussion

I think he actually mentioned his brother in discussing this song so I think you're right.

On the language question...I think (hypothetically) you could also mean you want the son you have to have different qualities. It's projection. This is the son I have and I am just going to - either through pressure or delusion - make him into the person I want. In another time and place Mika could have been the son that she wants by getting married and having children, etc.

I think in this particular case though Mika may be referring to a second son that will fulfill all her specifications for the ideal son because what Mika has to offer isn't what she values in a son. But I am guessing that based on what he has said rather than the actual lyrics.

And just for the record I don't think any of this is really true. I think it's just a child's twisted perception (brought on by religious conditioning) and fear of disappointing his parents. I also find it hard to believe that Mika was ever stuck in the middle. Unless, by "middle", he means being the centre of everyone's world. :naughty:

Perhaps quite literally, "the middle child" :teehee:

I interpreted "another son" as Mika, but a Mika that's happy with his trophy wife and that wants kids etcetera.. But yes in my interpretation, this basically is his fear, or was his fear before coming out to his family, not reality, Mika doesn't have a wife that he wants to leave anyway, or had one once (at least... that we know of :naughty: )

• Like 1

Perhaps quite literally, "the middle child" :teehee:

I interpreted "another son" as Mika, but a Mika that's happy with his trophy wife and that wants kids etcetera.. But yes in my interpretation, this basically is his fear, or was his fear before coming out to his family, not reality, Mika doesn't have a wife that he wants to leave anyway, or had one once (at least... that we know of :naughty: )

Her name was Mrs Brown :teehee:

• Like 1

It really reminds me of a song called 'Learn To Keep Your Mouth Shut, Owen Pallett' by Owen Pallett. 

I think you may be referring to another song, 'Hurts'. I understand the similarity you mean in the violin played with pizzicato in Owen Pallett's song and the piano part in Hurts. The songs themselves are rather distinct, like you say. I love them both. 

I think you may be referring to another song, 'Hurts'. I understand the similarity you mean in the violin played with pizzicato in Owen Pallett's song and the piano part in Hurts. The songs themselves are rather distinct, like you say. I love them both. 

Suzie??????????????????? how lovely to see you again!!!  i missed you! :huglove:

Suzie??????????????????? how lovely to see you again!!!  i missed you! :huglove:

Thank you  :blush-anim-cl: I did feel guilty not showing up for quite a while - got other things to focus on.

Still pretty busy but did manage to download all the songs today - good music does take priority :). I am really pleased with this new album but I can't believe there is no link to buying a physical album... Maybe I am not looking hard enough or I am one of the very few old fashioned people who prefer to listen to music on hi-fi now and then.

• Like 1

Thank you  :blush-anim-cl: I did feel guilty not showing up for quite a while - got other things to focus on.

Still pretty busy but did manage to download all the songs today - good music does take priority :). I am really pleased with this new album but I can't believe there is no link to buying a physical album... Maybe I am not looking hard enough or I am one of the very few old fashioned people who prefer to listen to music on hi-fi now and then.

Good to see you back Suzie :huglove:

You can order a special collector edition on mikasounds.com , it's also available on amazon.fr and fnac.fr , or on Hong Kong store they have the special edition with Mika's tofu doll, there's even a vinyl on amazon.it , be sure to order the Deluxe edition for all songs and a booklet with all the lyrics :wink2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Good to see you back Suzie :huglove:

You can order a special collector edition on mikasounds.com , it's also available on amazon.fr and fnac.fr , or on Hong Kong store they have the special edition with Mika's tofu doll, there's even a vinyl on amazon.it , be sure to order the Deluxe edition for all songs and a booklet with all the lyricT

Thank you! :) 

I forgot about Mikasounds :doh: So the deluxe one is only released on Monday -  I am not too late for that then.

• Like 1

Hey guys  - aren´t the words in the beginning going like this?

It's an age-old conversation
That is changing with the times.
But it's ALSO complicated
If your mother is like mine

• 2 weeks later...

I hear "oh so complicated".

But also I hear "an acceptable Persian."

My NPIH alb. has all the lyrics, also the bonus tracks, which is so great! :) From "All she wants" lyric, this is it:

"But it's oh so complicated " and the other is: " An acceptable version"

Love, love

me

• Like 1

My NPIH alb. has all the lyrics, also the bonus tracks, which is so great! :) From "All she wants" lyric, this is it:

"But it's oh so complicated " and the other is: " An acceptable version"

Love, love

me

Ah thanks for that info! I wish I'd gotten that album version but I wanna save to go see him in concert. Thankfully there's awesome people like you to help out.

• Like 1

Ah thanks for that info! I wish I'd gotten that album version but I wanna save to go see him in concert. Thankfully there's awesome people like you to help out.

:) To save money,  for a MIKA concert is, imo, the smartest thing you can do! :wub:  I don't think my alb.is a deluxe version - just an ordinary one, so I was very surprised, and very happy,  when ALL the lyrics of the 14 tracks were in the inlay! :fisch:  In fact there's 15 tracks, because "Good Guys"  also has a "night time mix" - which is so cool  :teehee:  My ordered deluxe version will be delivered this month, I've been told.  This one is for my car - cause, like many of his fans, I like to have him available "everywhere" :wub:  If you're wondering about any other lyric, feel free to ask - I'll be more than happy if I can help you with it! :)  

Btw, you have picked a superfunny  lyric for your pic - really clever!! :naughty: 

Love,love

me 

:) To save money,  for a MIKA concert is, imo, the smartest thing you can do! :wub:  I don't think my alb.is a deluxe version - just an ordinary one, so I was very surprised, and very happy,  when ALL the lyrics of the 14 tracks were in the inlay! :fisch:  In fact there's 15 tracks, because "Good Guys"  also has a "night time mix" - which is so cool  :teehee:  My ordered deluxe version will be delivered this month, I've been told.  This one is for my car - cause, like many of his fans, I like to have him available "everywhere" :wub:  If you're wondering about any other lyric, feel free to ask - I'll be more than happy if I can help you with it! :)  

Btw, you have picked a superfunny  lyric for your pic - really clever!! :naughty:

Love,love

me 

If your album has 15 tracks, it's the deluxe version :wink2: the normal version of the album only has 11 tracks. There are several more even "deluxer" versions, like the limited edition one that you've probably ordered, but your 15 track cd is still a deluxe version!

If your album has 15 tracks, it's the deluxe version :wink2: the normal version of the album only has 11 tracks. There are several more even "deluxer" versions, like the limited edition one that you've probably ordered, but your 15 track cd is still a deluxe version!

:) OK - I believe you! It was the only one left in the shop, I found it in Denmark, and felt so lucky since I could buy it as soon as it was out!  My daughter ment it was waiting there for me  :naughty: Added to all the lyrics there's also info about each song, who made it, which I love, as well as the lyrics!  There's  6 black and white photos,in the alb. incl. the one on the front.  Needless to say I'm totally in love with the whole alb . And yes, the deluxe version I immediately ordered, when it was annonced, is the limited one... :wink2:

Love,love

me

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

It really reminds me of a song called 'Learn To Keep Your Mouth Shut, Owen Pallett' by Owen Pallett. I'm pretty confident he's mentioned the song in an interview at some point as being a song he likes. It's not a "rip off" by any standards, though.  :) 

I think it means a different son in the context of the song.  :)

i think that "all she want" is another son ... is despective...

and all she wants it´s not see to this people..

in the pics..post-20543-0-88590500-1439207052_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't sure where to post this so apologies if it's in the wrong section & feel free to move it if necessary.

All She Wants is on BBC Radio 2's B playlist this week so they seem to be playing it regularly. Great publicity for Mika :)

I love that song! Glad they chose it :biggrin2::clap: :clap: :clap:

The best place to post updates about What She Wants is here 

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31716-all-she-wants-lyrics-and-discussion/page-3

Thanks a lot for sharing :huglove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

^ Thank you for helping me to share that in the right place :)

They said on Radio 2 that it's Mika's new single but I assumed that his next single would be Staring At The Sun because he made a video for it. Can anyone clarify?

Edited by mysti1990
  • Like 1

^ Thank you for helping me to share that in the right place :)

They said on Radio 2 that it's Mika's new single but I assumed that his next single would be Staring At The Sun because he made a video for it. Can anyone clarify?

It's confusing, but I guess it depends on the countries? :dunno: Staring At The Sun and its French version are already singles in France, J'ai pas envie is a single in Canada, maybe All She Wants is the single for UK? It's such a good song and it totally should be a single everywhere :biggrin2: 

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

I do love ASW. I must admit I wished for a different single, like Hurts, or NPIH. One that shows up his matchless voice and his talent for melody. But ASW is really catchy and the kind of song that people would stop what they are doing to listen to it. Like I did when I first heard Love Today.

It reminds me of a Frankie Valli song and that's good.

I just hope the song does well. 

Btw. Talk show host Jeremy Kyle has been doing updates this week, on what's happened with different past guests. There was an update on a girl who had gone to rehab for drugs (but had discharged herself) as the counsellor went to the door to see her, they started playing the intro to HURTS!! I nearly died, but it would have been a brilliant way to go. They played some of the instrumental. I wish we'd heard Mika sing the song, but at least they are aware of his new music.

• Like 2

It's confusing, but I guess it depends on the countries? :dunno: Staring At The Sun and its French version are already singles in France, J'ai pas envie is a single in Canada, maybe All She Wants is the single for UK? It's such a good song and it totally should be a single everywhere :biggrin2:

An yes, you're probably right about different singles in different countries :)

• Like 1